TEA ROOM #32

Merino, Australia

Thought I had better make a move. I left a trail of crumbs for you all to follow, unless Kat's turkeys eat them.
It's a warm morning and the sky is clearing. . We had no further rain or storms in the night but may get a little more this evening. Getting a bit like the tropics with the late afternoon thunder etc. We ended up with around 62 points of rain. Not a lot but very welcome.
The garden looks fresher already. Marvellous what a shower of rain will do for the plants.
I will finish repotting a few more Angels and Cherubs today. Chrissy , your photos look really very good. Very clear. I notice the same about mine since I had the new camera. I always thought the ones I took before were not bad until you put them up next to the new ones.
You will be able to go mad around the garden now.
I am waiting with camera ready for Alphonse to flower. The bud is growing but is very thin and empty looking. I hope there is a flower in there.
Hello to anyone I missed when I moved the thread. Going to take my cuppa down by the lake behind the Tea Room.
Have a great day. Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Magnetic Island, Australia(Zone 11)

Hi All

Shelly61 here is my purple frangi but it looks so small,yet the colour is forming.

Jean if you go at night with a flashlight and place the light near the bud, you'll be able to see if there is a flower in there.I used to love doing that ,you can also see how far away from the opening it is.

Thumbnail by MyaC
barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. Jean I'm glad that the epis are taking off now. The ones that you sent me are ready to be put into hanging pots now. Am waiting to see if happy birthday brings me any pots. The irises are doing fine. and I think it was a daylily that you sent as well, it has all new shoots on it. the other bulbs are having a wee sleep at the moment .All the pieces of geraniums are ready to go out as well. I have still got a lot of work to do. Keeps me sane. The pic is of my grapes still ripening on the vine. I told the black bird that I would share the grapes with him and he wasn't to take them all like he did the cherries. little sod. We haven't had any rain here. I could smell it when I got up this morning but no sign of it here. The sky last night was fantastic and I thought that we were going to get a thunder storm, but by the time I was ready to go to bed the stars were out. Hi Brical hope you're keeping well, Sammut you too. Chrissy how is your hubby now.? I hope everyone else is well and happy gardening. talk later. Colleen.

Thumbnail by ctmorris
melbourne, Australia

it is raining here. i am hoping that it continues ALL day. it is steady and we have puddles. we probably haven't had anymore than 5-8mm so far.. but it is still lovely to see it falling from the sky. i am sure the garden will look brighter and fresher after today. i put all my pots with cuttings out in the front garden to get some rain.

i am cleaning today. house is so dirty from all the ash. raining outside gives me motivation to get it clean again.

shelly

townsville, Australia

Good morning all, it is overcast at the moment but i don't think anything will come of it, Jean that is a lovely photo very relaxing, i am glad you are at least getting a little rain, better than none at all. Mya the frangi is getting closer to flowering i can't wait, i am sure it will be beautiful. Colleen those grapes look wonderful, i am amazed there are just so many, the birds and the flying foxes would have a field day here.
I will pop back in later a quick visit due to bad headache and lots of work to contend with today, which i am not looking forward to.

have a great day all
shell

Gee it's good to see Victoria getting some water ... hope it buckets down for you ...not as much as up North though. we seem to have settled into a pattern of rain every day ...then a little sun but mainly cloudy ...stormy sort of weather ...ahhh you must be all hanging out for your eppi blooms ...I hope they bloom their heads off for you. Trouble is you have to be quick with that camera ...gone like a beautiful dream. I guess if you have a parade of them it would be very spectacular.
Well jean I guess no one knows who our glasshouse angel noid is ...I propose we christen her Jean's Glasshouse Angel noid
until we know any better ...I have to say it is blooming it's head off for a little cutting I nursed over winter ...nice growth ...bugs leaving it alone pretty much (except the ^&**$# ladybirds and grasshoppers) ...strokable furry leaves adorn this perfect little yellow. It definately is trying to orange up though and it looks beatiful ...that first bloom still pretty even after the storms.

Thumbnail by

Mya you must be vey excited ...my blood red/the double and the hot pink haven't even put out one bloom ...the white flowered but we don't seem to be having good frangipanni weather.
shelley 61 ...hate those headaches don't you? ...hubby has lost most of the vision in one eye and it could get worse but he won't "settle" he is like that buuny running on that battery on tv ...one day he will just stop. :^(
shelley for kids ...nice to see things happening in your garden again ...pretty little daisies those easter daisies ...nice to see that rain down your way.
I have recieved the most wonderful couple of boxes of stuff ...big thankyou to the congo Parrot lady ....wow helen!
Cestrum gobsmacked !!!!!
I will pop back later with pictures ...meanwhile a big wave to everyone and to helen and cestrum ...OMG! THANKS sooo much.

townsville, Australia

Mya i am so excited, i just received my angel cuttings, i was so happy even made me forget about my headache for a minute and that takes something.
They are wonderful thankyou thankyou thankyou so much i can't wait to get them home.
have a great rest of the day
shell

Merino, Australia

Hello all. I had a granny moment this morning. I must have had some wateron the brain. I said we had 62 points when in fact it was 16. Hubby laughed when I told him.
Wishful thinking. It poured this morning over in Hamilton and we could see the clouds go sailing past here.
Chrissy, I just posted on the Angel thread, My darling Glasshouse Angel has a BUD.
So excited.
Have to go help hubby, apparently there is a fire somewhere in the area. Lightning strikes cause them mostly , in weather like this.
see you all later. Jean.

se qld, Australia

>strokable furry leaves adorn this perfect little yellow

Your description reminded me of my velvet wattle, Chrissy. Its large silvery leaves feel soft and furry, just like puppy dogs ears, and it's hard to resist the temptation to stroke with them on the way past.

Don't you just love strokable plants gardengal ...one of the great joys of gardening ...one of the angels I have has large deep green velvet leaves, what about the strokables that heave great gusts of perfume at you when you do ...as if they are saying thankyou!
All the delicious furry herbs ...mmmmm, I haven't had the pleasure of stroking velvet wattle.Then there is lamb's ears ...what about some velvet fruits ...peaches ...apricots, I could go on and on.
shelly61 ...isn't it exciting? ...don't be shy if you have any questions.
colleen ...did I miss your birthday?
I have been so excited to open my lovely boxes ...ooooh Helen every piece is going to grow ...here are my tips for everyone with the beautiful congo parrot plant (they call it congo queen too...very nice) ...mine just sort of sat around not doing very much ...and I took the risk to tip prune it ...well the tips rooted almost straight away and the next day the little side shoots started out on the mother plants and now the plants have taken off.
In this lot I could see the teensy seed pods left behind on the stems ...seeds inside? ...couldn't see anything much in there but the pods probably need to ripen on the stalk. I would tip prune to keep them from leaning over with the weight of the leaves and blooms. I love it and a very big thankyou for your generous swap ...I will do my very best to see if we can get seeds for you.
Here is a little bit of the lovely and unique congo parrot plant ...the pieces didn't even blink ...they were so beautifully packed in the spagnum moss (they like slightly acid conditions ...so that came in handy)

Thumbnail by
townsville, Australia

WOW Chrissy that is an amazing plant, it is beautiful.

shell

Now cestrum ...oh my ...where do I start
I can't believe it ...doubley blessed today!
beautiful little seedlings ...and look everyone here is a lovely surprise I will get to smell the glorious champaca ...look at this lovely surprise ...I can't wait to report on the fragrance ...thankyou cestrum you sure know the way to my heart! (fragrance addict here ...anyone else?) ...can you see the bloom about to open *sighing with pleasure here*

Thumbnail by

Pics of the dear little seedlings with a special couple of surprises thrown in ...one of cestrum's precious Cannon ball seedlings ...can't tell you how touched I am that you would share one of those precious babies with me ...
http://mgonline.com/cannonball.html
just to show you what the cannon ball tree is. *big smile*
another very happy surprise a Himalayan Sweet Box
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/229901/
Am I in heaven ...yes (cannon ball seedling top left)

Thumbnail by

Thankyou so very much I will love and treasure these darling things ... more here ...all looking wonderful!

Thumbnail by

There were even more of these botanical treasures ...what can I say? the first champacas are doing very well and I am thrilled to bits! Look here is one in the garden

Thumbnail by

cestrum you are a legend!
Speaking of which ...Ann ...look ... here we go they are leafing out !
Beautiful! beautiful cordylines they will light up sleeping gardens won't they ...beautiful foliage is a wonderful thing ...they accent and frame so many things ...these ones will deserve star treatment because they will be just as beautiful as any exotic bloom.
Thanks again Ann ...whoo hoo.

Thumbnail by

Shelly 61 you can find so many more varieties on the Daves brugmansia forum and read loads more about Angels on there. However, if you need any help re Angels, just ask on Chrissy's thread and one of us can answer,the secret is, don't overwater. I've sent you a cutting of white strippy and hope it does for you what it does for me.I also put rooting powder on the cuttings so that you could just stick it in washed river sand...works beautifully.That pink one is ready to go in the ground,has heaps of roots,where as old sydney apricot has some roots but probably would be better in a pot for a while.

Those desert roses can go straight in bigger pots with cacti and succulent mix without having to take them out of those little pots as they will break down but there's no rush for them to go in a bigger pot yet.I've got a link below of a fabulous Desert rose site that will give you more info on the care but they are tough little babies,you will love them.

http://toptropicals.com/html/toptropicals/misc/thailand/adenium.htm

Chrissy all your new acqusitions are beautiful, I'm so amazed at everyones generosity on here.

Colleen I have taken cuttings of the yellow oleander and it looks like it is already rooting ,so I'll leave it for another week before sending,should have plenty of roots by then.

Jean don't forget the torch test tonight on your bud.....take a pic....

shelly61 ...yes she is a fairly rare plant look here scroll all the way down for many pictures
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/12808/
Thanks again Helen ... this has to be one of the most unusual plants ever, and quite a talking point anywhere overseas they have them indoors as houseplants.

Oh yes I forgot ... Jean I get out there and look through the bloom against the sun ...it works like the torch.I know it's like giving birth ...you quite often see in the Brug forums people urging their emerging blooms to "push ...haa haaa heee heee push!!!' lol I know exactly how they feel ...telling mine to push it out now come on push!

Thumbnail by
Wonthaggi, Australia

Hi Chrissy,
You are very welcome, I'm glad you are pleased. I wanted you to get a surprise!
My sister (in Sydney), commented that she need to re-pot her parrot, as it is tall & spindly. I've told her to snap it off about half-way & stick it in a pot. I'm confident it will take.
Shelly61~ If you'd like to send me your ad in a D-mail, I'm happy to send you some "Parrots" to try?
Hello everyone else, sorry, I've not been on. Last minute things to organise. My eldest daughter is getting married in 2 weeks. Now my dress needs to be altered!!!Grrr!! My boys can't decide on ties, etc,.
I'm pleased to report we have had rain, now to find time to get out the back, & play??
Take Care all,
Helen in Wonnie~AKA The Parrot Lady!LOL!!

western sydney nsw, Australia

Well good morning to all I got lost this morning sat on the step taking to Lee I am a bit of a sleepy head as I walked away saw the note it had blown of the door telling of the move I am taking my cuppa down to the lake see every one when I get back.--------Sammut

barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful morning, the sun is shining, the birds are singing and the boys are happy.Hello Sammut. You're up early as usual. How are you feeling? Hope you've had some more rain Jean and Shelly. Renmark, which is 22 miles from here had a downpour on Wednesday, but we haven't had any. I planted some Zinnia seeds on Saturday and they were up by Tuesday. Yesterday some of them were 2" high. I think that they might be super Zinnias.I have little plants popping their heads up everywhere. Some might be weeds though. Well must go, boys to school. talk later. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. After all the odd weather lately, we now have quite a thick fog. Yesterday was quite hot but the thunderstorms went past . I heard thunder early this morning but not too close to us.
Sammut, sorry about the note blowing away, I should have attached it to the door a bit better. Glad you found us anyway.
I have been admiring all the garden photos and am very envious of some of those plants. I have not seen any Frangipani growing around here but I have seen a few in Melbourne. Thw wind here would ruin them.
I will do as you say and check my little angel, Alphonse's flower bud.
Helen, my little parrots are looking strong. They won't grow as quickly as those in the warmer areas but they are growing. I usually tip prune most things to make bushy and did the larger parrot last week. I stuck the tip in next to mum.
Mya your garden must be an absolute joy. as is Judy's.
Chrissy , you will be busy with all your new babies. DG people are so very generous. That's part of the joy in gardening to me, Sharing what you have for all to enjoy.
Lee , are you still with us ? Love all your comments so don't go away. There are some mean people out there but never let them beat you down.
Gardengal, I love soft furry leaves too. I have a kalanchoe in the fern house that has large brownish leaves like velvet. I have to pat it every time I go past.
Sue gave me a piece of a Stapelia that one just has to stroke. So soft.
I think gardens are a world of touch and smell as well as visual for most of us.
hello to Brian and Steve. I guess they are both busy doing their puzzles. Colleen , lovely to know your epis are going well. don't overpot them as they prefer smaller baskets. I have a lot still in pots that I just pop in the baskets. Don't worry if they try to climb out. Some will send out long roots looking for a new home. when I bought the collection home , there were plants growing through 3 and 4 baskets. If they find a new place and start growing , just cut off and you have a new plant.
We have started pulling down the old back entrance. I always say veranda but there is no veranda just a roof over the area. It had been filled in on the sides over the years and was looking very ugly and also drafty. We will use the existing frame and wall in 2 sides with treated pine and some clear Alsinite on the other side for light.
I may put a plant or two in it later.
Better go, washing to do. Enjoy your day and relax by the lake. I have put chairs out the back if you feel like lounging around .
Try this Chocolate Almond cake with your cuppa.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
melbourne, Australia

good morning all,

we have had no more rain colleen. not too sure how much we had but the ground is still wet this morning which is nice. i put in some dwarf zinnias on saturday or sunday... and they are popping their heads up today too. will have to do a swap with seeds later on. what is that flower in your last post? you need to put the names in of the photos for amateurs like me.

jean - we had that fog this morning too. the kids woke up thinking it was smoke. it was very thick. now its a nice sunny day. i am going to continue spring cleaning my house today. did heaps of hours yesterday getting all the ash out of the rooms. have to wash all the walls etc. feel better seeing the rooms i did yesterday clean though. will continue today and see how much i can get done.

shelly xx

Good morning everyone ...just a minute for a quick cuppa ...you see I hide on Friday the 13th, as specially in March ...I know it is ridiculous but 13 and 4 are deadly numbers ...in my life anyway.
Many things (not the good kind, have come to pass on this date)
Many will race out and buy a lottery ticket ...are you one of those?
http://encarta.msn.com/column_fridaythe13th_marthahome/Who's_Afraid_of_Friday_the_13th.html
So today I stay home and hide ...^_^
I love Zinnias too ...another "happy" joyful plant isn't it? so much bang for the small amount we pay for the seeds.They transplant and self seed all over too which is always a bonus.
speaking of seeds here are my cute little StarDancer crosses (Angels of course)
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/29905/
Hopefully one will turn out like mum and we can put her in a vase for 30 hours ...oh the perfume (like lillies)
Here they are

Thumbnail by
barmera, Australia

Hello Shelly. The plant is a Sedum it's a succulent. The first one is pink this one will turn bronze. Will send you some pieces when it dies back. easy to grow. will try to remember the zinnia seeds for you as well. have a good day. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
townsville, Australia

Good morning everyone, its friday YIPPEE, got up this morning got ready for work, went to leave and had a flat battery, joy, its black friday, i should have just stayed home today, but much to much work to do unfortunately. But it is still friday and weekend soon, i love them.
Mya i put the baby desert roses in a pot, i love them and i have potted the angels, i was smiling the whole time, it made my day, thankyou so much. I cant wait for them to start growing, i am going hunting in my yard this weekend for the perfect spot for them.
Jean the cake is divine, i enjoyed it with my cup of tea. We do not get fog here very often maybe 1 week a year in the wee hours of the morning in winter, this is a shame as i used to love foggy mornings when i lived down south, but i would not move now, i love the tropics much to much.
i had a pale headed lorakeet visit this morning, but unfortunately i did not get a great photo, they are such a pretty bird and we do not get them very often.
Chrissy and Colleen great pictures, i love all your gardens they are so pretty.
have to go work.

Thumbnail by shelly61

I can see him ...isn't he beautiful! ...flat battery huh! well I guess it can't be all that bad if your little feathered friend popped in.
Your sedum is lovely colleen ...
My yackety thread went up in smoke as usual ...
shelley for kids I remember all that ...that awful smell too ...I baked (low heat) some orange and manderine skins in the oven sprinkled with cinnamon and that freshened the home a bit but the smellof the burned fields all around went on for weeks ...a sort of a mouldering rotting smell ... horrible.I hope everything returns to normal very quickly for you there and all the others are still very much in our thoughts.
Hi sammut glad you found the note! I know you look forward to the weekend ...here it comes!
mya are you copping any of that black stuff on the water around your way ...a shocking thing and coming right on top of floods and hurricanes ...
No doubt the fellas are off playing with the cryptics ...happy weekend!
leisa ...ann ...cestrum ...sue ... marleneanne ...kat... margaret ...teresa ...lesley ... cody ...lee ...and everyone having a quick look through the tea house window ... I hope you have a most enjoyable/peaceful/happy weekend ...go gardening and you will.

This message was edited Mar 13, 2009 11:40 AM

Thumbnail by

Good after noon to all,
Shell this morning I tryed to take pics. of the birds having breakfast I dont know how others do it out of 22 pics. I have one you can tell its a bird .

Yes of to bunnings tomorrow always one of the first customers . Week end staff are so helpful
they will help me find --the ornamental sweet potato if they have them week day girls said not got I hope I cane prove them wrong .
Had a relaxed day moved things around again so I can fit to morrows I am looking for nice big pots
again but only if they are reduced OH well we will see whate I find .see all later-----------Sammut.

Thumbnail by sammut

hey sammut just enjoy your trip to bunnings ...don't go worrying about those pretty sweet potatoes ...they are probably mean't for the tropics ...which may be why we don't see them down this way ...just have a great time looking for your bargain pots ...I know what you mean about the birds I can't get them either ...such cheeky little blue wrens here at the moment ...you should see the teensy little nests. I don't know how the eggs stay put.

Wonthaggi, Australia

Hello everyone,
Thank you shelly to four kids, your parcel arrived today. Quite a few I didn't have. I had been thinking of sending to you, lately & will on Monday. Fingers crossed!LOL!!
I'm hopeless with saying hello to you all, sorry, it takes me a while to catch up.
Jean, Chrissy, Colleen, sammut, Sue, shellys, Mya, Gardengal & lovely to hear from another Yank, Cody. Welcome to Oz!!LOL!! Yes, don't leave Lee, we would miss you!!!
Mustn't forget the boys, Steve & Brian, really, an empty bottle is not much good to me!!! Is it BYO???LOL!!! Maybe I'm always too late? Situation normal!Hahahaha!!!
Kat, I had been wondering if you are Ok? Good to see you back.
I'm sure I've missed someone? But just wanted to say Hi & Thanks to those who have sent to me. I will be caught up, with Sarah's last minute wedding things over the next 2 weeks. I will be sure to jump back on when I have some pics of the Beautiful Bride to show off. Until then, Take Care all,
Warm Regards
Helen
Copy & pasted from Tearoom#31LOL!!!

Has anyone heard how Lesley (Awchild) is after her operation? I thought she'd be back convalescing in the tearoom by now.

Sydney, Australia

Good morning all.
My brain is in overdrive at the moment. Heaps too much happening.
Up at 4.30am working on a logo for a new client. Inspected and think I have found the problem with the girls' laptop. Will take it to the experts to confirm today. Hope it's fixable. In todays throw away society I have found that you cannot simply replace a busted bit any more as the manufacturers don't sell replacement parts. They expect you to say 'oh well' and buy another.
Been over to cryptics to unjumble some common plants that Stake put up a while ago. Still missing a few so have a look and see if you can finish it.
Not at Sussex Inlet this weekend. Father in law has his gall bladder removed this morning so we are staying close to help them if they need it. Have not pulled down the structure that is going to be my shadehouse down the coast so I can do that while hanging around the in laws place. Can't wait to get it down there as we are overrun here with potted bits and pieces.
Also selling some budgies today and mowing etc
So looks like a busy day. Can't sit around chatting.
Cheers
Steve

Brisbane, Australia

Hello all. It has been raining again so everything is quite wet. I have been back at work and still have this week of essay marking then that is over for the year! Whoo hoo!! The garden has been left to the turkeys and they do destroy. When I go out I find things dug up and no sign of where they came from. That is, if I'm lucky. I just found a poor little Red Torch Ginger (Etlingera elatior) dug up and lying on the pavers where all my non-plant-wise males walk. His little leaves are battered but it looks like his nice crunchable roots and shoots are intact so I will be able to replant. Often it is the tubers and roots that the turkeys eat and then leave the rest which is no longer viable. They mustn't have liked the taste of this one or else he was in the way getting to something really tasty.

Helen, I am here but just embarrassed. The parrots did well at first. Then a crow or something snapped off the top of one and took it away..then the marauder came back and took the rest of that one so I carefully moved the other to a safer spot and it was doing well. He seems to have disappeared as well (hang my head in shame) and may have been in one of the emptied pots I pick up daily. Maybe the parrots are yummy! Have you tried eating them? The turkeys, hawks and crows seem determined to treat this place as a restaurant lately. I think they sit up in the leopard trees and palms and wait. I have seen them, as I thought, after the chick was attacked, that they wouldn't see anything if they flew over or circled above. The trees are very tall so they just sit on the high branches in the cover up there and wait. So, no more freeranging for the girls!! The turkeys just run amok. Looks like a scene from Jurassic Park.

I'm glad you are getting some rain down south. Pity our run-off doesn't go to you. It's meant to, via the Murray-Darling..but...

Have a good gardening day all. Chrissy, I love your posts! :) Sammut, you are a delight. Good luck pot hunting..I guess this means you are "pot bound"..in search of a pot? Happy days Budgie, Stake,.. Colleen, Leisa and the Shellys..Mya, I gather it has stopped raining there but Hamish did a bit of a U-turn when he got near us. Now there is just that terrrible oil spill which will probably affect the beaches at Caloundra. Marleann, how are you? Can you see it from there? Dalfyre, hope you are feeling better..Lee, I hope you are still with us. Give us a sign!

I'd better stop procrastinating. Have a great day. Cheers all, Kat

This message was edited Mar 13, 2009 5:12 PM

Brisbane, Australia

Steve, hope all goes well for your father-in-law. Cheers, Kat

Merino, Australia

A very good morning to all. We have had real RAIN. Well about 1" up to now anyway. No wind and it's not cold. Just lovely. I will get out later and throw cow manure around . I have1/2 a bag here I have been saving until it rained. Also some good old Blood & Bone. The rain has stopped now but hopefully more will come over the weekend.
I hope it rained on you Shelly and Colleen.
Hubby had an energetic spell yesterday and wen tmad with the chainsaw. Beware of men with chainsaws.
He is really good though if a little rough with the plants. I wanted some Melaleucas cut back and a few eucalypts that are along with them. He went along and cut them off level with the fence for me. I will have to try and keep up with the new growth as Melaleucas grow so fast. He has started on the outside fenceline and will slowly get all the awful eucalypts down He planted them there long before I arrived and they are the falling over sort. Similar to Malles, with loooong branches that have very heavy leaf growth on the ends making them lean over and crack. . I think some are Bushy Yates. The seeds are areal menace being so large and spiky.
I will get out and tackle the Autumn trimming of all the roses today. This rain should give them a nice kick on.
Hello Sammut, love your bird. They are so pretty to have around.
Chrissy, there is a flower inside the bud on Alphonse. Waiting, waiting..
Shelly (Qld) your parrot is so lovely too. . I see another Angel fan . Glad you enjoyed the cake.
Helen, you missed the cake I think , you have to be quick around here. Good luck with the wedding. We look forward to photos of the bride.
Steve, you and Brian really must take the empties out . I see the night owls have been in and cleaned the food cupboard out. i will have to restock. Brian , more wine please.
Steve I hope all goes well for your fater in law .
Hello Mya, Judy, our other Shelly and I, too, hope Lesley is okay. I do miss her and Marleneann poking around in the kitchen . Kat , how are you faring up there ?
Still chasing turklings ?
Hello Lee, I hope you are still with us. we would miss your chats if you leave us.
Hello to everyone else I may ahve missed. Have a great weekend .
Chrissy, have the first slice of Angel Cake before it disappears.
Jean.

Hello to

Thumbnail by 77sunset
melbourne, Australia

helen - glad your parcel arrived and that they are new babies for you. good luck with the wedding. don't feel like you have to send me another parcel. my little parrot baby is chirping away still. i will cut off his tip today but he is very very small. i don't think he has grown any since you sent him. i think he is so cute and he brings a smile to me everytime i go out and check on him. he is right near some seeds growing.

jean - wow rain! and real rain. we got nothing. its a lovely morning here - nice breeze and sunny. i must admit that i am a little thankful that it is not raining here this morning. off to my monthly local market where i buy 95% of my plants. oh i am looking forward to getting in there. such fun wandering around and buying up.

must go and jumpi in the shower... hello to everyone else. hope you are all having a lovely day pottering in your garden. i am hoping to be pottering around all day outside today. market - and then planting. will try and get some more seeds in the ground this weekend too.

shelly xx

A great good morning to all ,
I'm home after a spin around Bunnings to day I saw my first bat plant they really are impressive I dont think I am up to them yet they were 60 dollars thate was over half my weekley plant money .
I got 2 pots at 7:50 each I paid 10 dollars each a couble of weeks ago , few mark downs 2 tin herb baskets and a big leave plant no tage in it and a little common flower thing no tag. all at 3 dollars each and a few others full price thate smiled at me in all a fun morning .
Now going out to repot.
Shelly Good luck at the markets .
here is my shopping ----------Sammut

Thumbnail by sammut
Alstonville, Australia

Hi all, you will be pleased to know I have sent my money to Dave's Garden for membership $42.00 all up,
the exchange rate is a killer but what the heck. It will get me out of the green!!!
Happy gardening
Hel
my curly orange anthurium

Thumbnail by hel

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.