Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #32, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM #32

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  #32
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. After all the odd weather lately, we now have quite a thick fog. Yesterday was quite hot but the thunderstorms went past . I heard thunder early this morning but not too close to us.
Sammut, sorry about the note blowing away, I should have attached it to the door a bit better. Glad you found us anyway.
I have been admiring all the garden photos and am very envious of some of those plants. I have not seen any Frangipani growing around here but I have seen a few in Melbourne. Thw wind here would ruin them.
I will do as you say and check my little angel, Alphonse's flower bud.
Helen, my little parrots are looking strong. They won't grow as quickly as those in the warmer areas but they are growing. I usually tip prune most things to make bushy and did the larger parrot last week. I stuck the tip in next to mum.
Mya your garden must be an absolute joy. as is Judy's.
Chrissy , you will be busy with all your new babies. DG people are so very generous. That's part of the joy in gardening to me, Sharing what you have for all to enjoy.
Lee , are you still with us ? Love all your comments so don't go away. There are some mean people out there but never let them beat you down.
Gardengal, I love soft furry leaves too. I have a kalanchoe in the fern house that has large brownish leaves like velvet. I have to pat it every time I go past.
Sue gave me a piece of a Stapelia that one just has to stroke. So soft.
I think gardens are a world of touch and smell as well as visual for most of us.
hello to Brian and Steve. I guess they are both busy doing their puzzles. Colleen , lovely to know your epis are going well. don't overpot them as they prefer smaller baskets. I have a lot still in pots that I just pop in the baskets. Don't worry if they try to climb out. Some will send out long roots looking for a new home. when I bought the collection home , there were plants growing through 3 and 4 baskets. If they find a new place and start growing , just cut off and you have a new plant.
We have started pulling down the old back entrance. I always say veranda but there is no veranda just a roof over the area. It had been filled in on the sides over the years and was looking very ugly and also drafty. We will use the existing frame and wall in 2 sides with treated pine and some clear Alsinite on the other side for light.
I may put a plant or two in it later.
Better go, washing to do. Enjoy your day and relax by the lake. I have put chairs out the back if you feel like lounging around .
Try this Chocolate Almond cake with your cuppa.
Jean.