Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM #32, 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: TEA ROOM #32

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  #32
wrote:
Don't you just love strokable plants gardengal ...one of the great joys of gardening ...one of the angels I have has large deep green velvet leaves, what about the strokables that heave great gusts of perfume at you when you do ...as if they are saying thankyou!
All the delicious furry herbs ...mmmmm, I haven't had the pleasure of stroking velvet wattle.Then there is lamb's ears ...what about some velvet fruits ...peaches ...apricots, I could go on and on.
shelly61 ...isn't it exciting? ...don't be shy if you have any questions.
colleen ...did I miss your birthday?
I have been so excited to open my lovely boxes ...ooooh Helen every piece is going to grow ...here are my tips for everyone with the beautiful congo parrot plant (they call it congo queen too...very nice) ...mine just sort of sat around not doing very much ...and I took the risk to tip prune it ...well the tips rooted almost straight away and the next day the little side shoots started out on the mother plants and now the plants have taken off.
In this lot I could see the teensy seed pods left behind on the stems ...seeds inside? ...couldn't see anything much in there but the pods probably need to ripen on the stalk. I would tip prune to keep them from leaning over with the weight of the leaves and blooms. I love it and a very big thankyou for your generous swap ...I will do my very best to see if we can get seeds for you.
Here is a little bit of the lovely and unique congo parrot plant ...the pieces didn't even blink ...they were so beautifully packed in the spagnum moss (they like slightly acid conditions ...so that came in handy)