June Daily Weather Blooms abound!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Hello all!
Just back from vacation, and I can see I will never catch up! Had a nice Caribbean cruise, got back and it feels like I'm still there! 94 today and very humid. Heat index was 107, supposedly. Gone for 10 days and my garden's gone wild!

Driving back from Miami, I had to stop at a gas station south of Jacksonville. It looked like a parking lot with all the cars stopped there. Incredible t-storm, complete with hail and wind that - I swear - lifted at least one tire of my car off the ground. Scary.

Good to be home. :)
Deb

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Welcome back, Deb!! I'm glad you made it safely through the thunderstorm. We want to see photos from your cruise. :-)

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Celia, I'm so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you. I'll be praying for you and your family.
Marylyn, how is your bunny doing after the surgery? So young and having to have such a difficult surgery, poor girl! Give her a big hug from me!
Se_eds, your garden will be so beautiful this summer!100 zinnias, 75 petunias, great! Love the columbines!
Sharon, thanks for the cute pics with Prissy and Sylvester, also the flowers! The pink one I guess could be impatiens . Love your Jacobinia, so bushy!
E_B, great pics with the wildflowers and arbor bed !
Kelli, wonderful wild flowers ! Too bad some are closing your ways to those beauties!
Joey, what a happy face ! Thanks for making my day! I hope the tornado watch was false and nothing bad happened there!
Sidney, what are you planting? Is your garden so large so you have to plant for two weeks?
Kiska, I miss your pics with the deck and moose!
TF, I'm praying for the widow and her children to be well ! So funny about the chickies wanting to have a bath! I was so amused last week when 2 pigeons came into our office through the opened window and were walking quietly under the desks. One of our colleagues always gives them bread crumbs and now they are breaking into our office, whenever the window is opened, looking for her !LOL
Marsue, of course I'll take all my plants, they'll have plenty of room, even though DH doesn't know yet !LOL He thinks( better read : wants to !) I'll only put plants in the conservatory...but I have other plans, especially with the bigger plants !LOL What good to have such huge palms, hibiscus or lemon trees if you can't decorate a livingroom ?LOL I love the plants you just bought and the rose!

I'm having some busy days, working in the morning and going to the house afterwards, to keep an eye on what the workers are doing.
Hugs,
Adina

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

E_B – Double Wow! Your garden is gorgeous! Sounds like a fun weekend you’ve got planned! The temps won’t be bad at all. Have fun and be safe! And take pictures LOL!
Marsue – No Sylvester has no shame and he “works it” everytime! LOL! Gypsy is a beauty : )
Deb – Welcome back! Love those cruises to the Carribean! Yeah, the area South of Jax has been getting some serious weather lately, glad you were able to stay safe in that storm. Need pictures! LOL!
Adina – That’s so funny! I can’t wait to see your house when it’s all finished and you get to move in (with all your plants)!! Jeff knows that when we (eventually) move ALL of our plants are going with us and he dreads it LOL!

75.2 °F / 24.0 °C
Clear
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 69 °F / 21 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 4.9 mph / 7.9 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 76 °F / 24 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers

Today
Partly cloudy. High 92. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Speaking of plants DH is going to move a couple of mine this morning because it's getting so hot the plants are wilting. Need to get them in some shade.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning! The big Joy bunny is doing great! She's eating fine, and playing like nothing happened. The doctor said that today and tomorrow would be the peaks of the pain and swelling, so we'll see how she feels when she wakes up.

E_B, there is a 150 mile bike ride here every April from Houston to Austin. 13,000 riders... It's amazing! (I haven't ridden it, but we have worked the amateur radio checkpoints a couple of times. It's really fun!) Your ride sounds much more peaceful. :-)

It's going to be back up in the 90s, same as usual. There is a 20% chance of rain, though, and a high wind advisory. I'll have to keep the bunnies in from the back yard... the pecan trees over the play fort tend to drop BIG limbs in the wind.

DH's brother called yesterday from North Carolina and asked if he could stay here tonight and tomorrow night. He has to go to a funeral tomorrow. It's a sad reason to come, but it will be fun to see him. :-) In the meantime, I need to clean the house!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:53am CDT (40 min ago)
Temperature 81 °F 27 °C
Dew Point 73 °F 23 °C
Humidity 76%
Pressure 29.78 in 1008.6 mb
Wind Speed 14 MPH
G 23 12 kts
G 20
Wind Dir SSE 160°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 86 °F 30 °C
Current Conditions Mostly Clear
Peak Wind: 26 kts from 160 (12:10 GMT).
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 79.0°F / 26.1°C

(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone!

It's really getting miserably hot for most of you now - I guess summer is here;-) It's been really warm this week here with highs around 60°F ..... and we have complained of heat a little bit .... but so thankful that we can just go outside to cool off ;-) lol All of you with temps above 90°F have my heartfelt sympathy.

Celia - I'm so sorry for your loss.

Marylyn - so glad Joy's surgery went well - sounds like she was a trooper through the whole ordeal. It must have been really scary. Your little kitties are so cute - Buster tipping the bowl was too funny! lol

TF - hope you and your chics manage to stay cool somehow. So sorry about the fatal accident in your area.

Joey - JW is jus tooo cute!

So many gorgeous plants everyone! :-)

EB - that wildflower field is simply dreamy! :-)

It's mostly cloudy and rather breezy today, intermittent rain showers and a few sunny spells in between.

Latest news on the earthquakes is that there are about 20 houses that have been deemed unsafe to live in, so there are a few families that lost their homes in the big quake a week ago. There have been almost constant aftershocks, which are starting to get fewer now.

This past weekend my town, Hafnarfjörður celebrated it's 100 years of "township" (is that a word??). We spent most of Saturday enjoying the festivities. There was a big concert on Saturday evening and we stayed out with the girls until around 11 pm. The girls had a blast. It was an open air concert so it was a "bit chilly" ..... in fact we were so cold that we went home to get some blankets and put on wool sweaters to keep warm.

On Tuesday a polar bear (that's right a POLAR BEAR!!!!!!) was sighted in the northwest part of the country. Unfortunately it had to be destroyed for safety reasons. There has been a lot of debate here on whether is should have been sedated and relocated instead of killing it. Apparantly the neccessary resources to relocate it weren't available at least not on such a short notice. The decision had to be made in quite a hurry since a lot of curious people had assembled in the area. Also it was very foggy there and it would have been bad to lose the animal into the fog ........ a polar bear wandering about is not something people are comfortable with. There was a town not too far away so all in all I think the right decision was made considering the circumstances. Still I feel sorry for the poor thing. The last time a polar bear came ashore here was in 1980 - something. So it's a very rare occurence.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Rann

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Afternoon! Well the heat is here...87° & climbing. Much too hot for this early in the season...I hope we don't see a repeat of last year. Something tells me that we will...
In Dublin...
Clear: 90°F
Feels like: 95°F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 70°
Humidity: 52%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 9 mph WSW
Sunrise: 6:02 AM
Sunset: 8:41 PM
UV Index: 10 Very High

We had 2 funnels spotted yesterday, but they didn't touch down. Roanoke had one the day before, but some damage was done. My, but this is a very active season!
JW, got lots of smoochies! ;)
Thanks Rann, 60° sounds great! I really don't mind the heat that much it's the humidity that gets me. I'm very thankful for AC!
Marylyn, How is Joy doing today? (I wanna keep a check on her) Glad you are getting the company, sorry about the circumstances, tho.
Sharon, Hope that you saved the plants! ~ LOL, Your pets are a Hoot! :D
Thanx Adina, And I know you are so anxious about getting in your house! :D Is there a date set for the workers to be finished?
Deb, Glad that you are back safely! Hope you get us some pics soon....:D
Marsue, Is your DH the 'Rose King'? LOL Is he your inspiration? :D
E_B, Thanks for the new desktop! :D Gorgeous! And the arbor! I have a question...why do my Foxglove only come up every 2 years? I've noticed that everyone else's come up every year.
Kelli, even tho your walk was cut short, it would appear to have been very 'productive'! :D And How did you get the 'bird in the hand'? Cool!

The answer to the trivia is...C
Between June and September 1980, drought was wide spread over the Central and Eastern US.

Today's trivia is...
Which of the following is not a clue to a developing tornadic situation?
a) Large Hail
b) Absence of insects and birds
c) Greenish Sky
d) A loud roar, like a freight train

Everybody --- Stay Cool!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm guessing B, Joey. Joy is doing great! She is indeed a little more swollen today, but is still acting and eating just fine. :-) Thanks for asking!!!

Rann, polar bears! How cool! They are so big and dangerous, I understand why the authorities wouldn't want one wandering around a settled area, but it's sad that they had to kill it all the same.

Marylyn – So glad to hear Joy is doing well. Wish I could bounce back like that! LOL!
Rann – Ahhhh 60* sounds wonderful!
Joey – So glad you didn’t get any funnels. That is so scary. We (he!) got the 2 larger plants moved this morning – I supervised! Hey – I was ready to go to work and couldn’t get dirty! LOL! It’s the humidity for me too. I can’t take it like I could when I was younger. B – it’s B! Your garden is sooooo pretty!

84.9 °F / 29 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 65 °F / 18 °C
Wind: 3.0 mph / 4 km/hfrom the SSE
Wind Gust: 9.6 mph / 15 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 90 °F / 32 °C
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 5500 ft / 1676 m
Scattered Clouds 15000 ft / 4572 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m
(Above Ground Level)

Tonight
Mostly clear. Low 72. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph decreasing to 5 mph after midnight.

Thumbnail by MySharona

My friends,

we need some prayers here. My step-son Gary is 25 and mildly disabled with a very happy outlook on life. He was diagnosed with testicular cancer this morning. The cancer has moved into his lungs. We have an appointment scheduled on Tuesday with a Urologist and then I guess the next step is a biopsy.

Please include in your prayers that Gary is given not only the physical strength, but the mental strength to get through this challenge. He may be 25, but mentally and emotionally he is 14.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Everyone please remember to keep Celia and her family in your thoughts and prayers--her family laid their mother to rest this afternoon.

Joey: I love that photo--so pretty! I am going to say "D" on the trivia because by the time one hears a "freight train" there is definitely a tornado already on the ground--forget about the "developing tornadic situation"! (I know this from personal experience.) I suppose you could say my DH is the "Rose King"--at least he knows a rose when he sees one and he isn't so sure about any other kind of flower! LOL It was his idea for us to get all these roses but you-know-who is the one who does most of the caring for them. He will deadhead them but I have to pick off the leaves when they get blackspot and I spray them for aphids, etc., etc. I have decided that we have enough roses for now--LOL
Deb: welcome back--looking forward to seeing some vacation photos!
Marylyn: glad the big bunny is doing well--bless her heart!
Rann: Yes, "township" is most certainly a real word! I used to work for a construction company named "Township Builders". LOL Wow--a polar bear! I can understand why "they" decided to put him down.
Adina: I'm glad you'll be able to take your plants with you to the new house. That makes the move even more exciting! (We won't tell your DH--LOL)
Sharon: thanks for the compliment on Gypsy. That's a pretty flower of yours, too. The succulents you sent me are doing well. Is it okay to leave them in the morning sunshine or do they need shade?

It's hot here, too! 89 at 6:19 p.m. It has been alternately cloudy and then clear several times today but we didn't get any rain from those clouds. I watered the flowers this morning and then it clouded up and I though it was going to rain but no such luck. I told y'all I would be asking for rain come summer--I just didn't think it would happen this early in the summer! It's unseasonably hot here.

Y'all remember that fountain my DH said he would make for me? Well, here it is! LOL

Thumbnail by marsue
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sharon: we cross-posted. DH and I will certainly remember Gary in our prayers. Please keep us posted about him.

Marsue - Thank you for your prayers - it's been quite a day here. Your DH did a fine job on the fountain! It's wonderful! Your succulents will love the sun just make sure they get some water once a week. They'll shrivel otherwise!

This message was edited Jun 6, 2008 8:16 AM

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Sharon, I'm so sorry to hear about Gary. I will be praying for him, too!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I'm glad the big bunny is doing well.

Prayers for Gary.

When I found the house finch, I was doing something else outside and happened to look down and it was about three feet away sitting on a back of potting soil and I just grabbed it. I had its legs between my fingers in the photo where I'm holding it. I thought that it couldn't fly yet and that was why I was able to catch it, but when I let go of it, it flew away. Maybe I taught it a lesson in being more careful.

My walk wasn't cut short, it was cut long (7 miles instead of 5). We had hoped to see chaparral pea up on the ridge, but couldn't get to it from that side because of the gate. Some other day we'll try from the other side.

Rann, township is a word. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Township It is a type of local land division, something like a town, but providing fewer services, and in theory at least, lower property taxes. In Pennsylvania, I lived in North Huntingdon Township. They don't have any townships in CA. The word you were looking for is cityhood.

Another picture from the other day - blue larkspur

Thumbnail by Kelli
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Both Celia and Gary are in my prayers.

Another scorcher today. Mid 90s and very humid. It's a little early in the summer for this, but I don't mind. :)

I'm still going through all the pics I took on my trip, but here's one. This was taken early in the morning as we were coming into Antigua.

Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Celia, sympathy and comfort for you! MySharona, prayers for strength for your entire family!

Adina, give a bird a crumb, they think they own you!

now this is more bearable:

Currently in Amarillo
72F (Feels like 72F) Sunrise: 06:33
Sunset: 20:58
Humidity: 15%
Visibility: 6.75 m

Wind: WSW21
Barometer: 29.67

tf

Thank you for your prayers. Gary is unsettled, but happy. His happiness never ceases to amaze me. He also has a strong faith in God.

Deb – You went to Antigua….sigh….it’s so beautiful there. I love the Islands!

79.0 °F / 26 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 73 °F / 23 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 4.0 mph / 6 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 82 °F / 28 °C

Today
Partly cloudy. A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 90. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

It's going to be another scorcher for us. Yikes...

My NOID rose

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Mornig! :D It'll be another hot & humid day. The temp is 68° & we hit 92° yesterday... I'll need to go water the potted plants this morning. I had to water them a little yesterday evening, becuz they had already started to wilt! They'll 'cook' today if I don't do it again this morning. We're supposed to be like this thru Tuesday! And look at this...so thankful I live in the trees!
At Dublin...
Clear: 77°F
Feels like: 77°F
Barometer: 30.3 in
Dewpoint: 72°
Humidity: 83%
Visibility: 7 miles
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 6:02 AM
Sunset: 8:41 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

Thanks Sharon, Gary is a fortunate boy to have you 2 as parents...Daily prayers for him.
Deb! WOW! Sooooo Beautiful! It looks like an NG moment! ;)
Kelii, LOL I just assumed that since you didn't go the route that you had planned that it was cut short...silly me! Hopefully you will get to the other side.
Thanks Marsue, but I do believe that the key word in the trivia is 'not'! LOL :D
Rann, I suppose that you could say that I live in a 'township'. The mayor gets paid $50/month & we have 1 town cop. There isn't a traffic light in the entire county! And we do have lower taxes than surrounding counties. :)
Marylyn, How is Joy this morning? Much improvement, I'd bet. Ain't kids Great? :D

The answer to the trivia is...B
Wildlife appear to be unaffected by incoming storms. Another key feature is frequent lightning.

Today's trivia is...
Where was there a large freeze in December 1983 that caused a huge loss in the citrus industry, about $2.2 billion loss?
a) Florida
b) California
c) Texas
d) Arizona

Stay Cool!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kelli: pretty blue larkspur. I also noticed some smaller yellow flowers in the photo.

Deb: lucky you--Antigua! Great photo!
TF: glad it is somewhat cooler for you.
Sharon: that noid rose is bright enough in color to be an "Electron".
Joey: love that photo--what is it? I'm guessing A on the trivia.
Today:
Isolated T-Storms / Wind
High 89°F
Precip 30%
Wind: S 25 mph
Max. Humidity: 62%
UV Index: 9 Very High
Sunrise: 5:54 AM CT
Avg. High: 85°F
Record High: 102°F (1977)
Tonight:
Isolated T-Storms
Overnight Low 75°F
Precip 30%
Wind: S 11 mph
Max. Humidity: 75%
Sunset: 8:20 PM CT
Avg. Low: 63°F
Record Low: 46°F (1997)
Currently 82º at 9:44 a.m. The wind is still blowing--5th day in a row. You would think we lived in Kansas!

Coconut Lime Echinacea (hard to get a good photo with the wind blowing)

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 7a)

C on the trivia.

Hello. everybody. Still only have a couple of minutes but all the pics are great. I need my DG fix even though I don't have much time to look or comment.

But...

Thanks, Mau. You're incredible!

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

83* and a good breeze, or we would be steamy. A cold spring jumped into a hot summer already. I washed and hung the wool blanket today. Won't be needing it for a while.

Tornado weather all around us and we've been very lucky! We got 2'' of rain the other day and a tenth last night. Mosquitos will be popping tomorrow I reckon.

My iris got knocked down, but what a show! They're still blooming!

The backside of the South Peony Bed.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

gorgeous photos! i'm guessing Texas. we had such a horrible winter that year! warmer again today, but looks like most of our heat has spread to the rest of you, sorry!

"Now that we've had a cold front blow through the area, temperatures this morning started out seasonable for a change. By this afternoon, much nicer weather is in store, than what we've seen this past week, with daytime highs topping out in the lower-to-mid 90s...and get this, the winds will only be about 10-20mph! Windy weather returns for the weekend so get out and enjoy the afternoon.
Hi 91 F
Lo 57 F
Currently in Amarillo
84F (Feels like 79F) Sunrise: 06:32
Sunset: 20:59
Humidity: 15%
Visibility: 10.0 m

Clear
Wind: S21gusting to 30 mph
Barometer: 29.89

tf

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Well, thanks, Celia, but I'm not so sure about me being incredible! However, that iris of yours certainly is! Gorgeous! Do you know the name of it?
BP, your iris bed is incredible, too. Lovely, indeed! I just love iris!
TF: yep, you are having a regular "cold front"--91º for a high! LOL What's with all this wind, anyway? It's still blowing up here--5th day in a row!

Celia: just for you: a photo of the blooms on the "Jester" corn plant
see how wierd they are? LOL

Thumbnail by marsue
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

it's hotter than that already. the wind has picked up & is blowing hot!

" Currently in Amarillo
87F (Feels like 82F) Sunrise: 06:32
Humidity: 13%

Clear
Wind: SSW22gusting to 33 mph
Barometer: 29.87 "

but you call time/temp for Borger... 87, high near 95...
will check temp @ Fritch bank shortyly, gonna close some doors windows 7 turn on the ACs... sigh...

tf

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Joey, the set date for the workers to finish is long gone!LOL But, hopefully, they'll finish next week. Your fuchsia is amasing!
Marsue, you're a real pal!LOL Love the fountain! Is he going to put it in the garden?
Rann, I'm so sorry for the polar bear ! They are doing the same with the bears in our mountains, who are oftenly coming to town, searching for food.
Celia and Gary are in my prayers.
Bilyyporter, your irises are gorgeous!
Sorry I can't answer to all, just know I love everyones pictures and wish you all well ! It's sunny and warm, about 80, the wind is getting stronger, still no strom or rain in Bucharest. Forecasted rain tomorrow.
I saw this butterfly on the field.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Stay cool, TF!
Adina: it was hard to spot that butterfly on the white daisy but I found him/her/it after looking real hard! LOL too bad it didn't land on the red flower--that would have been a great contrast! Still--it is a pretty picture!

Currently 89º at 3:49 p.m.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey, there's wet stuff falling from the sky! I had forgotten it could do that.. ;-)

Joey, I'm guessing A. That fuschia is beautiful!

Joy is doing great today, thanks for asking. :-) Her cheek is still a little swollen, as expected, but she's obviously not in much pain or discomfort. She takes her meds with no fussing (although she makes a face at the taste of the pain meds), and today started to swish her mouth out with salt water per the doctor's orders. She thinks that's fun. LOL I'm going to stop giving her the pain meds tomorrow unless she complains, and then I'll probably do children's Motrin instead of the prescription stuff with Codeine - not that it makes her sleepy or anything... I'd just like to get her off of the "big guns" as soon as possible. We'll keep up with the Amoxicillin until it's all gone, of course. :-)

It's been raining off and on all day today, which has been great (well, it's great since I haven't had to drive in it!). When it rains, it rains HARD!!! Right now it has stopped and it's only partly cloudy and sunshiny. The birds are playing in the puddles next to the street curbs, which is always fun to watch. :-)

Houston Intercontinental Airport
Lat: 29.97 Lon: -95.35 Elev: 95
Last Update on Jun 6, 3:53 pm CDT
Mostly Cloudy
88°F (31°C)
Humidity: 68 %
Wind Speed: E 18 MPH
Barometer: 29.93" (1013.4 mb)
Dewpoint: 76°F (24°C)
Heat Index: 99°F (37°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

Oops... In the time it took to post that, it has turned gray and is raining again. I hope my brother-in-law is doing ok, driving around town in this. He grew up in Houston, but hasn't lived here for quite some time. He wanted to go to a baseball game while he was here, so this evening he and DH and I are going to see the Astros play the Cardinals. Yayy! I love baseball. :-)

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Marylyn,
i'd love some of that rain!

adina, your pic is my new background!

"After the heat wave we endured earlier this week, it appears that just good old summer conditions will be with us this weekend. It will be warm and breezy with highs in the low 90s and southerly winds at 20-30mph. Moisture will return as well and a few scattered storms may op up, especially on Sunday.
Currently in Amarillo
92F (Feels like 85F) Sunrise: 06:32
Humidity: 8%

Clear
Wind: SSW25gusting to 35 mph
Barometer: 29.81
"

a duckling... or two...

Thumbnail by TamaraFaye

Joey – Ummmm – I’m going with A on the trivia. Your Fuschia is so pretty! Mine are still doing well, but I have to water them every morning due to the heat.
Maruse – Sounds like you are dealing with our equivalent to Lake winds. You took a great picture, the Echinacea is really pretty!
Celia – Beeeeyooooteeful Iris!
Sally – Congrats on the rain! WOW – your garden is glorious!
TF – Glad those temps have dropped for you. You had a rough week.
Marsue – Jester is a very interesting looking plant! Bet it makes a great backdrop for your garden.
Adina – Pretty blooms and butterfly!
Marylyn – So glad Joy is bouncing back! That’s great! I make faces too when I have to take nasty tasting medicine! I took myself off the heavy meds after a couple of days too. Hearing about how people get addicted to them has affected me. Hope your BIL didn’t get lost. Have fun at the game!

89.4 °F / 31.9 °C
Partly Cloudy huh? there aren't any clouds!
Humidity: 41%
Dew Point: 63 °F / 17 °C
Wind: 3.0 mph / 4.8 km/h / 1.3 m/s from the SE
Wind Gust: 9.6 mph / 15.4 km/h
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1021.9 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 90 °F / 32 °C
UV: 3 out of 16

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 70. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph becoming south 5 mph after midnight.

Marsue - look what I have!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Aww - they are soooo cute!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Marylyn: we could use some of your rain! I'm glad Joy is doing so well--kids are so resilient! Have fun at the game!
TF: cute ducklings! Hope you get some rain!
Sharon: surely that isn't the one I sent you? Amazing!! I just love torch lilies! One of mine has 25 blooms on it right now!

LOTS of sunshine here and still 89º at 6:05 p.m.

My other ornamental corn plant: Rainbow

Thumbnail by marsue

Marsue - Yes it is LOL! I was shocked when I saw the bloom!

(Zone 7a)

Yes, Mau, you are! LOL The Iris is Classic Bordeau. I have never had Irises last this long. That corn is pretty neat. I need some. That and the Rainbow. Remember my new Iceberg rose? It has two buds on it!

63°F with, they say, thunderstorms. I haven't seen any yet. We'll see later this evening. it is overcast and "feels like 75º" out right now.
Feels like: 63°F

Barometer: 29.7 in ↑
Dewpoint: 36°
Humidity: 36%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 7 mph NE
Sunrise: 5:56 AM
Sunset: 8:56 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

Cute little butterfly, Adina. It took me a minute to find, too.

Babies of any kind are cute!

And I'm glad Joy is doing okay. When I had my wisdom teeth out, I was down for a couple of days.

For Mau...we got the last piece for our bedroom set.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

And a rug under the bed...

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Got the grass cut by 8 AM - it was in the 70's. Temps in the 80's today with high humidity. Went to a local farmers auction for fresh produce and got one of those delicious Georgia cantalopes. Big juicy and fragrant . Also local strawberries for shortcake tomorrow. We spent the rest of the day relaxing - the grass is a job for a 82 yr. old man and a 71 yr. old woman.

We are supposed to get a heat wave for the next 4/5 days with temps up to 100 deg. Unusual for this part of the country so early. The air conditioners work.
Marylyn, good to hear you daughter is better. Love her heart.

MySharona, sorry to hear about Joey. I worked with people with developmental disabilities for almost 25 years and found God's grace and their faith saw them through so many difficulties. My prayers for him.

Tomorrow I must get up, wear long pants, long sleeves, socks and shoes and hat and mask and spray about 800 daylilies ( including seedlings). the cool mornings and hot afternoons will do a real 'kill' job on insects and the plants will suck up the systematic insecticide.
Stay safe and I hope all in those horrible storms soon check in.

I think trivia answer is A.

"the set date for the workers to finish is long gone" - sounds just like the U.S.

Billy, your irises are beautiful! Mine are long done except for Oktoberfest.

TamaraFaye, your weather sounds absolutely Californian. In other words, I feel your pain. Don't you think "...but it's a dry heat" is a bunch of bunk? When it gets that hot, it's just plain hot.

Hope you had fun at the game, Marylyn. Did you take any pictures?

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 5:51 PM PDT on June 06, 2008
82 °F / 28 °C
Clear
Humidity: 27%
Dew Point: 45 °F / 7 °C
Wind: 10 mph / 17 km/h / 4.6 m/s from the SSE

(Zone 3b)

The high so far is 57°, at 6:30pm, don't think it's going to make up to 60.There has been a bit of rain and hail a few miles from here, but not a drop of rain at our house. The rain barrels are nearly empty,so could use some.
Actual TimeSunrise 4:19 AM AKDT Sunset: 11:32 pm
Length Of Visible Light:
24h 00m
Doesn't that look great~24hours of daylight; just goes on and on for weeks like this. Very cool.
MySharona~I'm so sorry to see the news about Gary; you know there are so many of us here caring and sending prayers your way.
Have enjoyed seeing and reading and hoped to catch up.
Currants blooming; ready to harvest in August.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

24 hours of daylight is just plain weird! ;-)

(Zone 3b)

My grandkids can't even imagine that it can be dark in the summer.
We've told them about darkness, in summer, in other places and they think that's weird:))

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.