June Daily Weather Blooms abound!

(Zone 5a)

This is what most of the old springs looked like. They do look prettier with water in them ......

Thumbnail by rannveig
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Sunny, Bright, 75°

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It's sunny and bright here, too. There is a 20% chance of rain this morning, and a 30% chance this afternoon. I'm going to go turn the sprinkler on just in case it misses us. (Which probably means we'll get soaked, but... LOL) When the salvia starts wilting, you know it's dry!! :-)

Rann, I hope the owner rebuilds the longhouse - what a neat looking building! i must confess, I'm having a hard time imagining 60° being too hot. LOL

It's going to be in the low 90s today.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CDT (56 min ago)
Temperature 77 °F 25 °C
Dew Point 73 °F 23 °C
Humidity 87%
Pressure 29.96 in 1014.6 mb
Wind Speed 3 MPH 3 kts
Wind Dir SSE 160°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 82 °F 28 °C
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 75.9°F / 24.4°C
6 hour max temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 78.1°F / 25.6°C

(Zone 7a)

Kelli, love your pics! I like the little pink flower next to the phacelia. The cedars smell wonderful, don't they?

Sharon, still have Gary in our thoughts here. I told my DH and he sends his best, too. Baxter is a cute name. I think I'll nick-name him that. We have a bird sactuary not far from us that we go to every year. Lots of different birds. Next time we go, I'll get pics. Cute shot of the cardinals! Mind if I pass it on?

Mau, your corn, if I remember right, will be rainbow colored, as well. I could be wrong, though. We don't feed "Baxter", he just likes to watch. Nice butterflies, too!

Rann, your girls are so adorable! And the hot springs are great. Sometimes, I wish we had them here in the freezing winters. I hope they rebuild the Viking house.

Deb, We had Gardenias next to our house in CA. I miss them. The Elderberry flowers are pink.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 5a)

Marylyn - I know ...... I'm a total whimp when it comes to heat ;-) lol It's 61°F right now and fortunately it's clouding up so it's very comfortable outside at the moment. :-)

Celia - ooooooh pretty :-) Now I like it even more! :-) Thanks reg. the girls :-) The owner of the viking house was interviewed very soon after the earthquake and he was really heartbroken that all their work was ruined. Sounded like he didn't want to rebuild - maybe they'll change their minds once the shock of it all wears off. I hope so too.

I'm planting out the annuals I raised from seed this spring - I went "slightly" (translation: totally ;-) LOL) overboard with the annuals this year (ofcourse I went totally overboard with the perennials too, but that's a different story) so it's quite a job .......... Here's how the garden is coming along - photo taken on Sunday.

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 7a)

Wow! Your gardens greened up nicely, didn't they!

And I forgot...

67°F with 79º later.
Feels like: 67°F

Barometer: 29.6 in ↑
Dewpoint: 44°
Humidity: 43%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 11 mph NNW
Sunrise: 5:55 AM
Sunset: 8:58 PM
UV Index: 2 Low

And I caught another visitor.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Deb: thanks for identifying the little butterflies. I did't know what they were. I thought they were perhaps a moth of some sort. What a pretty gardenia!
Kiska: I found the swans but not the ducks.
Sharon: Your orchid is gorgeous and guess what?--one of mine is getting ready to bloom, too! Keep us posted about Gary, please.
Rann; such a picturesque barn. The Viking Longhouse is very unique. I enjoyed the "tour" of the hot spring area--it reminds me somewhat of our Yellowstone National Park here in the U.S. The girls are simply beautiful and so sweet looking. Selma is really getting tall! Your garden is absolutely lovely!
Marylyn: You are correct: As sure as you water your lawn and gardens, it will rain! LOL
Celia: I love the Elderberry flowers and your latest visitor seems to be somewhat shy. Have you heard anything from Pepper over on the chat thread?

High today about 85º
Currently 81º and overcast but feels like 85º
Sunrise: 5:54 AM CT
Sunset: 8:22 PM CT
Avg. High: 86°F
Record High: 100°F (1977)
Mostly Clear Overnight
Low 70°F
Precip 10%
Wind: SE 5 mph
Max. Humidity: 83%
Avg. Low: 64°F
Record Low: 53°F (1978)
We had a nice long, soaking shower last night. The lawn and gardens loved it and so did I because I won't have to water for a few days. LOL

Coconut Lime Echinacea

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 7a)

I haven't heard from her. Maybe I'll d-mail her.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 3b)

I sure feel silly~little blue butterflies☺ Thanks, Deb~I went back and took a look; they are very cute. Sounds so nice in your yard with fragrant flowers all around.
52° so far ( noon). Threat of rain/heavy cloudcover. Humidity: 61%
MySharona~hope all's ok for now. Love the "cloudy" effect on the photo. Did you get thunderstorms?
Dyson~short and sweet; looks good.
rann~what a nice series; the girls are so cute; your yard/garden is gorgeous.
marsue~the ducks were annoying the swans; there is one near the swans, the other near the water's edge. The blossoms on the echinacea are almost daisy-like; nice.
kwanjin~the elderberry looks great; very pretty pink. Do you use the berries?
The ducks show up better in this pic.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

My red hibiscus is blooming. It's getting hot, about 85 , sunny and no wind.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

New Thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/861556/
Please come over.
Sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.