June Daily Weather Blooms abound!

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Boss, GS, 12 years old today!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Lovely flowers Adina! A big Happy Birthday to Boss, and many many more!!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Celia, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sharon, Gary is so young.
His bright attitude is a blessing he unselfishly shares with everyone.
Well it's recovery time and I am catching up here.
I hope the "Brug cousin" I got is the purple blooms in your picture Adina. There were small purple blooms on the picture I purchased from.
Seeds I admire your 800 sprayed lilies. What did you use?
It's stifling here.
And being I grew-up in dry heat and now live in high humidity, there really is a difference.
Hope we start having afternoon rains.
;)

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

well, Happy birthday to The Boss!

chickies are surviving! will hit triple digits again by WEdnesday, kwhich means NE will be hot again by the weekend...

Currently in Amarillo
92F (Feels like 91F) Sunrise: 06:32
Sunset: 21:00
Humidity: 28%
Visibility: 10.0 m

Partly Cloudy
Wind: VRB7gusting to 16 mph
Barometer: 29.83

marsue, i almost got some daylilies from Kathy_ann, that one is gorgeous! kiska, i would love to have your views! and adina your flowers! hope you do get some rain Sidney!

tf

(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone!

We had a great day today, partly sunny, fairly calm and really warm, around 60°F.

Kelli - you're right, cityhood was the word I was looking for. Thanks so much. Hafnarfjörður has been a town for 100 years ;-) lol Been around for much longer though, just not big enough to be a town until a 100 years ago.

Sharon - I'm so sorry to hear about Gary. He'll be in my thoughts too.

Sally - Amazing iris border! So gorgeous - I was gasping for air when I enlarged your photo.

Deb - glad you had a good trip :-) Antigua sounds and looks wonderful!

TF - very cute ducklings.

Sunrise today was at 3:04, sunset at 11:50 pm - the bright nights are here as well :-) It's 1 am now and a bit dusky, that's as dark as it'll get.

Last Friday I went to pick up my rose order - just so happens that nursery is located in Ölfus where the big earthquake was. This is overlooking the area that was hit - the town closer to us is Hveragerði the one in the distance is Selfoss. The mountain between them is where the origin of the earthquake was.

Have a good night :-)

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Sugarweed,: Ortho's Orthonex, good for plants -not good for humans.
Glad to hear from our mid west friends.
Rahn, It would scare me to go into the earthquake area!

98 degrees with high humidity today, heat index 100Deg. Supposed to be the same tomorrow and Tuesday until evening. With all the rain we had this spring, plants are increasing all over the place.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

now this is more like it!
" Hi 80 F
Lo 57 F With a cool front in the neighborhood.....showers and thunderstorms are likely tonight into tomorrow morning across the Central and Eastern Texas and Oklahoma Panhandles. The main threat with these storms will be high winds, hail, heavy downpours, and cloud to ground lightning. Pleasant weather moves in tomorrow with highs around 80.
Currently in Amarillo
59F (Feels like 54F) Sunrise: 06:32
Sunset: 21:00
Humidity: 88%
Visibility: 1.25 m

Rain and Sleet
Wind: WSW16gusting to 36 mph
Barometer: 29.79

Hutchinson County under: Severe Thunderstorm Watch, Severe Thunderstorm Warning, and Flash Flood Warning.

of course, the rian is to the east of us ;-(

tf

(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Mau. I recommend the Iris. It's second year and blooming like mad.

The other is Elderberry, "Black Lace". It smells very sweet.

Everyone's pics are great!!!

57°F with 78º tomorrow. Yea! I'm off the next couple of days and will get to play in the gardens.

Feels like: 57°F

Barometer: 30 in ↑
Dewpoint: 27°
Humidity: 30%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 8 mph SE
Sunrise: 5:56 AM
Sunset: 8:57 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

This poppy looked like it wanted a kiss.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 3b)

It's nearly midnight, and like Rann, I'm enjoying the midnight sun. Been in 50's, windy and cloudy. Should reach the 60's tomorrow.
loved the photo, rann; such pretty country there.
kwanjin~yes it does look as if it's ready.
Nearly midnight~~ apple tree's in full bloom.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Good Morning! We had company over the weekend so I could only lurk a little. Can only pop in quickly. Will be back later.

Adina - Give Boss a big hug and kiss for me for his birthday! Beautiful flowers!

73.4 °F / 23.0 °C
Clear
Dew Point: 70 °F / 21 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 72 °F / 22 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers

Today
Partly cloudy. A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 88 coast. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

We're having a cool down! Woo Hoo!! Turtles...

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 7a)

I caught the sun going down through the trees last night.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

I have blue and pink of these, whose names escape me at the moment.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Sweetpeas finally opening.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Ninebark Center Glow in the ground.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Leaf close-up.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

The girls at work gave me a Bleeding Heart. I've planted it in mom's honor.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Great pictures Celia.
Here in Jax;
85.6 °F / 29 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 62 °F / 16 °C
Wind: 3.1 mph / 4 km/hfrom the NNW
Wind Gust: 3.1 mph / 4 km/h
Pressure: 29.97 in / 1014.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 86 °F / 30 °C
UV: 7 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3000 ft / 914 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 37 ft / 11 m
Going up to 90º.
Chance of rain increases tomorrow.
;)

(Zone 3b)

46°~cloudy but supposed to reach the 60's;
it's 7:30 am and I have my doubts☺
MySharona~what a neat photo; my gson loved finding the turtles~
kwanjin~Bleeding Heart~just beautiful and will bring smiles when enjoying it.
sugarweed~looks like it's getting hot~hope you get some rain, if it's needed~~
Last night~nearly midnight.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Adina: lovely flowers! I'm especially fond of Black-eyed Susans. I need to get some for my garden.
Rann: it was hard to tell from the photo if there was earthquake damage to that town in the foreground. I'm assuming they did have some damage there?
se_eds: 98º--that's pretty unusual for PA, isn't it?
TF: rain and sleet??!! --in June--in Texas!!?? That surely must be a typo? LOL
Celia: pretty sunset pic and love all the flowers. The Bleeding Heart will certainly be especially meaningful to you.
Sharon: still keeping Gary in our prayers. Keep us posted about him, please.
kiska: as always, your mountain photos are amazing. Love the way you captured the sunlight on the mountain peak.
Today:
Partly Cloudy
High 89°F
Precip 10%
Wind: SW 14 mph
Max. Humidity: 56%
UV Index: 9 Very High
Sunrise: 5:54 AM CT
Sunset: 8:21 PM CT
Avg. High: 86°F
Record High: 95°F (1985)
Scattered T-Storms Overnight
Low 68°F
Precip 40%
Wind: WSW 8 mph
Max. Humidity: 81%
Avg. Low: 64°F
Record Low: 52°F (2000)

Last night the wind stopped blowing, which was the first time in 7 days that it had not blown. I'm talking about 15-20 mph wind for 7 solid days--even at night. Maybe they were the "winds of change"? It was still for a little while this morning but the wind is blowing once again, only not so briskly now.

Celia: look what I discovered this morning!!! (Look in the middle of the photo) LOL--how delightful!! (The tassles sort of look like my hair after the wind blew it around this past week!)

This message was edited Jun 9, 2008 1:17 PM

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 7a)

That's great!!!! I like how it goes with your verbena.

I finally caught the visitor we get at our house. He likes to sit on our fence and watch me dig weeds. He never lets me get his pic, though.

This message was edited Jun 9, 2008 1:27 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Adina, yes, that was me in the photo, for better or for worse. :-/

Plenty hot today.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on June 09, 2008
92 °F / 33 °C
Clear
Humidity: 23%
Dew Point: 49 °F / 9 °C
Wind: 7 mph / 11 km/h / 3.1 m/s from the SSE

More pictures from up in the mountains. Not everything we saw was big. I think these are some kind of phacelia.

Thumbnail by Kelli

yellow monkeyflower

Thumbnail by Kelli

some kind of penstemon

Thumbnail by Kelli

canyon liveforever

Thumbnail by Kelli
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Kelli, your tree pics remiended me of the giant redwoods.. i miss those. will guess that pine is 300 years old?

These are incense-cedars. I think they look a good bit like giant sequoias.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Celia – Such pretty flowers! I can see where the Ninebark “Center Glow” got it’s name! That’s such a pretty dedication to your Mom.
Kiska – Beautiful picture and it’s background! Glad your GS’s liked the turtle picture.
Marsue – Thanks – we’ll be carrying the Xanax with us to the Dr. office tomorrow. He can’t handle hospitals and doctors. Is that corn?!
Celia – Your visitor looks amazingly like my dear departed Baxter! He’s beautiful!
Kelli – Great pics and the penstemon –oooh I could use some of that! Ok, silly question, but the incense cedars…I’m assuming they have a scent when cut.

89.2 °F / 31 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 37%
Dew Point: 59 °F / 15 °C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3 km/hfrom the SE
Wind Gust: 9.2 mph / 14 km/h
Pressure: 30.00 in / 1015.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 89 °F / 32 °C
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Few 5500 ft / 1676 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m
(Above Ground Level)

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Isolated showers and thunderstorms early in the evening. Low 72. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph becoming south 5 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 20%.

Great Egrets

Thumbnail by MySharona

Incense-cedar is what cedar chest wood comes from.

I didn't know that.

We have several Cardinal couples that frequent our lawn. There is this one special couple and they are so cute. They show up at the same time. The male usually eats about 3-4' away from the female. After he feeds himself a couple of bites he picks up a bite of food and takes it to his mate and feeds her. He does this the entire time they are in our yard. It is very sweet. I can't believe I captured this moment.

(ahem ... the lawn mower ran out of gas so I left it where it was as a HINT to DH to reload)!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

This sure is hot weather for our area this early in the year. 96 deg and 50+% humiidity. I spread two wheelbarrows of composted manure around my clematis plants to help keep their roots cool this AM. Also filled pots from another wheelbarrow load to pot up some seedlings - WHEN IT COOLS DOWN. All this took about 1/2 hour at 78 deg. early this morning. I was soaking wet and retired to my cool living room. That's it - can't imagine getting such a little bit of gardening done.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Celia, do you feed your "visitor?" Is that why he comes to see you?
Kelli: such good photos of the wildflowers. I especially like the penstemon and the canyon liveforever is so unusual!
Sharon: the Great Egrets are very regal looking. That was a great capture of the cardinal pair! I have seen a male cardinal feeding a female, too, over at our previous house. I thought maybe the female was his baby and he was still feeding her. Yes, that is corn, but it is strictly ornamental. Although it does produce an ear of corn, I don't believe it is edible but I will have to check into that. I bought both kinds of the ornamental corn that I have strictly for the fun of it. They are unusual plants. Praying for peace for Gary (and all of you) as you go to the doctor tomorrow.

It was raining about thirty minutes ago. Hooray--we needed a shower! It has stopped for the moment but everytthing is still looking like more rain could fall at any time--sure hope so.
Currently 70º at 7:19 p.m.--much cooler than before the shower.

Do you see what I saw? Look carefully.

Thumbnail by marsue
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Marsue: I see several little Azures. I love them.

HHH again here today. No rain in 10 days. The long wait begins? (Hope not.)

The Gardenias smell wonderful.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
(Zone 3b)

62° this evening~it did reach the 60's and it's very nice.
Normal 63 °F
Record 76°F (1957 )
thanks~marsue~glad the wind has stopped; the little corn looks great.
Must admit I didn't look too closely at the last pic; and after reading Deb's reply, is probably just as well☺
kwanjin~nice looking visitor you have. Very pretty.
MySharona~hoping the best for Gary tomorrow, will be thinking of you all. The egrets are beautiful and the cardinals are just as beautiful.
kelli~great info, as usual your posts are so interesting and I love the hikes, too.
Deb~ the gardenia is so pretty; do you have many? Hope you'll get rain soon.
Late May~ hard to see, but the pond has 2 swans and a couple of ducks.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kiska: Azures! Little blue butterflies. :)
And yes, ..lots of gardenias..all around our back porch so we can sit and enjoy.
62 sounds pretty good right now.
Deb

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm praying for Gary, too, Sharon.

Se_eds – I feel your pain with the heat. I can barely go outside in August here.
Maruse – Thanks! I love “our” Cardinals. Great pic of the butterflies!
Deb – Gardenias! Mine aren’t doing very well this year. I’m allergic to them, but I don’t really care. I love their scent so I keep them around LOL!
Kiska – I didn’t realize you get swan migration. Very cool!
Thanks Marylyn!

Has anyone heard from Pepper lately?

74.5 °F / 23.6 °C
Scattered Clouds
Dew Point: 71 °F / 21 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 74 °F / 23 °C
Visibility: 5.0 miles / 8.0 kilometers

Today
Partly cloudy. A 50% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 90. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

2nd cane blooming on the Phal. My lens was foggy from going outside.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

It's mostly cloudy this morning but the sun's peeking through as I'm typing. Another warm day in store around 60°F ........... if this holds up we might start thinking 60°F is normal and get very disappointed when it dips down into the more normal 55°F. It's strange how much difference there is in those 5°F between 55°F and 60°F ......... 55°F is distinctly cool and 60°F is very warm. Seems very strange to me. It was mostly sunny yesterday and warm. I actually got a bit fed up with the sun and warmth yesterday afternoon ........ got a headache from all the sun and just felt plain too hot and crancky! lol I wouldn't cope well in 100°F.

marsue - there isn't much visible damage to the houses - everything looked pretty normal to the visiting eye. Most of the damage was to the interiors. The houses that have been declared as unsafe and therefore ruined are all standing ...... but they're badly cracked and so structurally not sound. The nursery where I picked up the roses had no damage apart from a few stones being displaced from a wall. Pretty amazing considering that it was very close to that mountain in the photo where the origin of the earthquake was. Very cool corn!

seeds - Selma felt the same way for a little while. We didn't feel a single tremor while we were there though.

Sharon - hope all goes well at the doctor's office. Those cardinals are so cute :-)

Deb - gorgeous gardenia!

Kelli - pretty flowers :-)

Celia - also very pretty flowers :-) I liked the Black laced elder you posted a photo of earlier. Are the flowers pink or white?

This was the only visible damage we saw - an old barn with one of the walls crumbled .... soryy it's not a very good angle.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

This house was ruined although it's hard to tell. The gable is leaning a bit. The yellow tape across the front door means the structure is not safe. This is a replica of a viking "longhouse" - it housed a banqueting hall popular for wedding receptions and other parties. It's ruined and would need to be rebuilt completely .....not sure that the owners will do that though.

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

After visiting two nurseries I had to do something for the girls so we visited the hot spring area in the middle of the town of Hveragerði. It was interesting to see the change the earthquake had caused - almost all of the hotsprings had been emtied in the quake and looked like bottomless pits. Then there were a few new springs that had emerged through the turf.

The girls by a hot stream that runs through the area.

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

A new spring in the grass.

Thumbnail by rannveig

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.