June Daily Weather Blooms abound!

(Zone 7a)

I looked closer at kitty. ROTFLOL

Monty does that! he lays down and puts a foot on it so no one can steal it!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Browser looks like the epitome of lazy! How funny.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful day here in Pa. Temps in the low 80's with a gentle breeze. Planted ou 75 petunia plants around a bed border and 60 zinnia plants around one side of another border this AM. Supposed to rain tomorrow. These 1 or 2 80 deg. days have the columbines jumping for joy.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Marylyn, I meant to tell you that I will be praying for the big bunny's successful dental surgery and quick recovery. Give her a big hug from all of us!
Pretty wildflowers, as usual, Kelli. Somebody definitely doesn't want the NPS or anybody else on their property!
Celia: that is one lazy cat! LOL edited to say--whoops, that is Marylyn's lazy cat!
Sharon: gorgeous flower--so bright!
Se_eds: you've been busy! Pretty columbines.

83º at 8:18 pm

Our first tomato--not yet ripe but getting there-- yumm!

This message was edited Jun 2, 2008 8:22 PM

Thumbnail by marsue
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Marylyn, hugs to bunny!
great pics everybody!

tomorrow:
Hi 98 F
Lo 65 F

We are engaged in an early season heat wave with highs today soaring over 100. In fact, many locations have set record highs today with temps at 102-105. We will stay hot tomorrow, but we may be able to stay in the upper 90s instead of triple digits. A weak front will help out by bringing cooler air into the area by the end of the week.

Choose Location:
Clovis: 87F
Albuquerque: 82F
Guymon: 93F [OUR TEMP IS CLOSER TO THIS]
Oklahoma City: 83F
Lubbock: 88F
Dallas: 87F
Currently in Amarillo
89F (Feels like 83F) Sunrise: 06:33
Sunset: 20:57
Humidity: 13%
Visibility: 10.0 m

Clear
Wind: S22gusting to 31 mph
Barometer: 29.75

...it was worse, earlier today is was 108 here. humidity below 5 %, and 30 MPH winds. was in and out most of the day hosing down chickens and the yard. when clouds covered the sun, it broke down to ONLY 106.

now we are being attacked by biting flies. i think they are the same flies as usual, there are just more of them, and the heat is making them biting mad!

the chickens have a moat of water around their coop tonight. hope it helps...

miserable in Texas
tf

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Kelli – My first thought is “how rude of them to put that sign up” LOL!! Then you mention the possibility of a meth lab. It is a possibility that the signs are stolen. Have you reported seeing the signs … just in case? Especially the one that reads “What part of ….” That doesn’t sound like an NPS sign. Love those snaps, the Mariposa and the Canchalagua!
Marylyn – Yep, I looked like a beat up chipmunk, especially on the right side of my face. Thinking good thoughts for her and praying for a swift recovery!
Browser is hysterical! OMG – I’m cracking up!
Se_eds – Your blooms are beautiful!
Tf – We’ve had those dang flies too. I cant’ stand them. Stay safe in that heat.

72.7 °F / 22 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 85%
Dew Point: 68 °F / 20 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 29.94 in / 1013.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 72 °F / 22 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 8000 ft / 2438 m
Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft / 4572 m
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Partly cloudy with a 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms. High 86. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! We have a temp of 52° & it's very Dyson Dark.
At Dublin...
Clear: 54°F
Feels like: 54°F
Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 54°
Humidity: 100%
Visibility: 7 miles
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 6:03 AM
Sunset: 8:40 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

TF, I hope the heat isn't as bad today for you, family, & chickies. The heat & humidity is supposed to be crankin' up here, especially Thursday. We may hit 90° by then.
Kelli, Things look rather suspicious at that fence! Wonder if there is any way to check into it? (just curious) Thanks for the different kind of walk. The Snapdragons are Gorgeous! as are the others! :D
Marylyn, I hope the surgery goes well for little Joy. I'll keep her in my prayers. 'Hoping it won't be as close to the nerve as suspected.
Sharon! oooooo! Pretty! :D
Marsue! You're making me drool! I love garden tomatoes! None better! ;) The ones from NC are already making their way up here...very tastey!
Celia, Love all of your new 'babies'! :D After you get them planted you will have to take more pics to show us where you put them! ;) My pic is that of a Dahlia.
Gee Se_eds, You have been one busy lady!

It's not Dyson Dark anymore...

The answer tothe trivia is...C
Carol hit on August 30, 1954

Today's trivia is...
In late October through early November 2003, what caused $2.5 billion dollars of damage in Southern California?
a) flood
b) fire
c) hurricane
d) snow storm

Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Again, Marylyn--prayers going up for big bunny
TF: Whoa--triple digits! Makes my whining about 90º temps seem rather insignificant! Hope all the critters survive the heat!
Sharon: your flowers always keep me guessing--some kind of daisy?
Joey: pretty dahlia. B on the trivia. more pics of JW, please!

Today:
Sunny / Wind
High 93°F
Precip 20%
Wind: SSW 17 mph
Max. Humidity: 58%
UV Index: 10 Very High
Sunrise: 5:55 AM CT
Sunset: 8:18 PM CT
Avg. High: 84°F
Record High: 94°F (1977)
Mostly Clear Overnight
Low 73°F
Precip 20%
Wind: S 14 mph
Max. Humidity: 70%
Avg. Low: 63°F
Record Low: 46°F (1969)

Chocolate basil

Thumbnail by marsue
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you all for the prayers! We're going to be heading out in a couple of minutes.

Marsue, chocolate basil!!! I visited the Search for the Elusive Chocolate Basil thread (not its real title... LOL) a few times, and last I saw, no one had tracked it to its lair. I take it someone finally did?? I hope it lives up to all of the excitement its name generated! :-)

I'm guessing C, Joey, but it's probably B. :-)

The other Christmas kitty, Flash, dips his paw in the water and stirs it before he drinks, which is also silly (and often messy, hence the towel under their dishes!), but not nearly as funny as Browser tipping the bowl. LOL

Ok, I need to get the bunny off of the couch and finished getting ready. I'm sure we'll be calling her chipmunk instead of bunny for a while after this. ^_^

Houston Intercontinental Airport
Lat: 29.97 Lon: -95.35 Elev: 95
Last Update on Jun 3, 6:53 am CDT

Partly Cloudy

78°F
(26°C)
Humidity: 85 %
Wind Speed: S 7 MPH
Barometer: 29.89" (1012.1 mb)
Dewpoint: 73°F (23°C)
Heat Index: 80°F (27°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.
Today...Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 90s. South winds 10 to 20 mph.
Tonight...Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 20 mph.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We're back... Joy's fine. ^_^ The surgery took a little over 2 hours. She did great. :-) Dr. Moya came to see me after the surgery and said Joy "made his whole week" and she was very aptly named. She was sedated during the surgery. They put the anaesthetic mask thingy on her and she took 2 sniffs and then looked at Dr. Moya and said, "Am I dreaming yet?" He said, "No, not yet!" LOL They did an IV in her arm, too.

The surgery itself was a little tricky... The tooth was really low in the jaw, very close to the nerve and the jawbone, and it was tilted, so they had to take it out, very carefully, in pieces. They also took out the cyst, the scar tissue that the cyst had caused over the tooth next to it, and a little pebble-like mass that had formed on top of the cyst. He had a fancy name for the pebble, but basically it was a benign tumor made of tooth material that might have otherwise formed into the adult tooth that is supposed to be in that spot. He is sending that mass and all of the matter from the cyst to a lab to be biopsied, but he said that the report will almost certainly say it's a common non-malignant oral cyst, nothing to worry about at all - so we're not worrying. :-) The adult tooth hasn't - and won't - form in her jaw there, so she will need some kind of orthodontial spacer there while her jaw is growing (after the incision heals, etc) to keep everything aligned properly, and a bridge when she is an adult. The teeth next to it are fine, though, and he was being very careful to not damage the nerve (so hopefully she won't be numb for 6 months like I was after my wisdom teeth were extracted), so she shouldn't need any other surgeries. They finished her up, and woke her up, and the first thing she said was: "I was brave! I did great! Yayy!" LOLOL I could hear the nurses giggling in the recovery room - way down the hall from the consultation room where I was sitting. :-)

Right now she is mostly sitting on the living room couch, holding an ice bag to her cheek for a good part of every hour (with lots of breaks to get warm), and eating lots of ice cream and popsicles. She has prescriptions for Amoxicillin and Tylenol w/ Codeine, and Dr. Moya said to also give her children's ibuprofen for the first 3 days. Her little cheek and lip are pretty swollen, and I'm told to expect it to continue to swell for a few days. Thursday/Friday should be the peak of the pain and swelling, and then she should get better rapidly after that.

So if you could continue to pray for her healing and my patience, we would appreciate it!! She's a pretty good patient as long as the pain is kept in check, so we're staying on top of the pain meds. We go back for a follow up appointment next Friday.

Marylyn – So glad JoyJoy is doing well. The technology around us these days just amazes me. Sounds like she had a great surgeon doing the work.
Joey – Thanks! I love it when the jacobina blooms. It’s not real pretty when the blooms die, they look like pink/brown blobs! LOL!
Marsue- Love my home grown tomatoes! I’ll eat yours too! LOL! That’s my Pink Flame Jacobina. Isn’t she pretty?! I want that chocolate basil!
Joey – I’m going with B – Fire

73.2 °F / 22 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 70 °F / 21 °C
Pressure: 29.97 in / 1014.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 73 °F / 23 °C
Visibility: 8.0 miles / 12.9 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 3000 ft / 914 m
Mostly Cloudy 5000 ft / 1524 m
Mostly Cloudy 10000 ft / 3048 m
(Above Ground Level)

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms early in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Low 70. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph becoming south 5 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 40%.

We got some rain this afternoon, which was nice. Love that rain! LOL! Here's a moss rose for Joy!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Hello, everyone! So glad to hear that everything went well with Joy's surgery, Marylyn. Bless her little heart! We will continue to pray for a speedy and pain-free recovery.
Celia (kwanjin) dmailed me earlier today but I just now got the message since I have been away all day. She wanted me to tell everyone here on the Weather thread that her mom passed away early this morning. She said she will join us again in a few days and she appreciates everyone's thoughts and concern. She said she will be thinking of us!

Currently 89º at 6:31 p.m. and very sunshiney.

This message was edited Jun 3, 2008 6:36 PM

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Marylyn and Sharon and anyone else interested in the chocolate basil: I have emailed the lady who gave it to me. When I hear from her as to whether or not she has any to sell, I will let you know.

(Zone 3b)

So sorry for your loss, Celia. You are in my thoughts.
MarylynT_X~seems as if the surgery went well for Joy-Joy. Wishing her a speedy recovery.
57° ~ windy and chilly. Gusts to 28mph. Summer's here for sure:)
June 3, 2008 Rise: Set:
Actual Time 4:23 AM AKDT ~~ 11:27 PM AKDT
Hello all~ JW's on the move and working, too. How cute, Joey
Kiska

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Hot and humid today - temps up near 84 deg. ( Don't hit me, Marylyn) Thundershowers tonight, tomorrow and the next day from the storms that came through Il and Ohio. I just sorta took today off. I have a box of about 100 zinnias to plant yet - then I am Done Planting!!! It is a little tedious planting these small plants now, but they are great the rest of the summer. Since I get the seeds at the Dollar Store for 4/$1.00, it costs about $.50 to fill in the three large beds in the front of the house. A friend had sent some creamy Cosmos with a red eye and edge earlier this year - so it looks like summer color will be daylilies, cosmos and zinnias.
Right now everything is coming up Columbines

Marylyn, so glad to hear about your bunny. Prayers to guide the surgeons hands, really do help.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

continued prayers for Marylyn & bunny in recovery...

only got to 100 today. we were out of power all afternoon. seems a surge in usage for AC units caused some problems, resulting in a repairman being killed in his bucket, and a fire starting two blocks from here.

the fire was quickly contianed. the widow is young and has kids, please pray for her & family.

all chickens still accounted for. though they are laying the same numbe rof eggs a day, they seem to be hodling a grudge against me. rather than clucking at me freindly like, they just hang their wings out to the side, pant, and glare at me like i left a heat lamp on or something, poor dears! rescued one two week old chicken from the DUCK pond TWICE! she was so hot she was determined to cool off even if it drowned her! so she came in the house for the day... her parents gave up convincing her she is NOT WATERfowl...

Joey, the answer is D, i remember that!

power and AC back on, still suffering, but quietly... death always puts other qualms into perspective...
tf

Celia – I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Kiska – “57° ~ windy and chilly. Gusts to 28mph. Summer's here for sure” Ohhh My LOL!!
Se_eds – I love love love your Columbine!
TF – No a/c in the summer isn’t fun esp with feathers to wear! Glad to hear the fire was contained, the a/c came back on and the “chicklet” was rescued! Our prayers are going out to the family you mentioned.

71.8 °F / 22 °C
Clear
Humidity: 92%
Dew Point: 70 °F / 21 °C
Visibility: 4.0 miles / 6.4 kilometers

Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 90. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Beautiful columbine, se_eds! 100 zinnias--wow!
TF: so sorry about the tragedy in your area--prayers being said for the man's family. I prayed for a break in the heat there in your area.
Marylyn: praying, still, for Joy's complete and speedy recovery!
Sharon: does Prissy like her bath? LOL

Today:
Partly Cloudy / Wind
High 93°F
Precip 10%
Wind: SSW 19 mph
Max. Humidity: 59%
UV Index: 10 Very High
Sunrise: 5:55 AM CT
Sunset: 8:19 PM CT
Avg. High: 85°F
Record High: 98°F (1977)
Mostly Clear Overnight
Low 74°F
Precip 10%
Wind: S 16 mph
Max. Humidity: 69%
Avg. Low: 63°F
Record Low: 54°F (1967)

Phlox: Blue Paradise

Thumbnail by marsue
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi all,
Much to catch up with. Marylyn so brave your bunny...and in my prayers.
Seeds I love the clemantis/columbine combo.
I'll be planting for the next 2 weeks.
I'm fixing pots for the fellows to take to their wives with a variety of coleus in them.
It rained good inch yesterday. It was past due!
Still working 12 hr nights. 16 in a row so far.
Sidney

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Tamara, plant some castor beans for shade for the birds.
Mama had a big airy barn with chicken wire and lots of hay bedding. corrugated metal roof. It was hot back then too.
They weren't crowded and it smelled so good.
;)

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

i'll try that. i planted other things for shade but the pekin ducks ate it down! take care with those long hours, sid!
my sharona, "chicklet", 2 funny!

thx everyone! should only get to 100 today...

tf

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
Hot and humid today - temps up near 84 deg. ( Don't hit me, Marylyn)

LOL Se_eds!! If it feels hot and humid to you, go ahead and say it. Those of us living in the south may giggle at you a bit, but we promise not to throw okra. (Unless of course you like okra.) ;-)

And speaking of hot... Tamara, it ONLY got to 100?? yikes. I'm praying for the electrical worker's family. How sad. :-(

I'm praying for you and your family, too, Celia. ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))

The big Joy bunny is still asleep. I expect she'll be a bit sore when she wakes, since she hasn't had any meds since last night. Hopefully she'll settle down quickly, though. :-) Thank you all for the prayers!!!

There is a chance of rain this morning - that would be nice! In the meantime, it's ONLY (LOL) 81° right now, but will be back up to the mid 90s this afternoon. I'm moving the hose around the garden right now, which should further increase our chances of rain. LOL

Houston Intercontinental Airport
Lat: 29.97 Lon: -95.35 Elev: 95
Last Update on Jun 4, 7:53 am CDT
A Few Clouds
81°F (27°C)
Humidity: 72 %
Wind Speed: S 13 G 21 MPH
Barometer: 29.78" (1008.3 mb)
Dewpoint: 71°F (22°C)
Heat Index: 85°F (29°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Mornin' all! The sun is breaking up the fog as I 'speak'. We had some doozie T-storms yesterday & lost power a couple of times, but the rain was fairly slow & steady. The temp this morning is 70° & we're supposed to get into the 80's w/it being very humid. At the moment we are in a tornado watch box until 4:00pm, but the rain & storms aren't here yet. There are calling for flash flooding in places.
At Dublin...
Clear: 73°F
Feels like: 73°F
Barometer: 30 in
Dewpoint: 73°
Humidity: 100%
Visibility: 4 miles
Wind: 6 mph SW
Sunrise: 6:02 AM
Sunset: 8:40 PM
UV Index: 2 Low

Marylyn, Hope that Joy's feeling a little better today. And am praying she will feel a lttle better each day. At least the dreaded surgery is over! :D Kids have a way of really bouncing back. :)
Sidney! How many more days do you have left?
Ric, How's the weather there? From the looks of the size of that box...it would seem that you are in it as well.
Se_eds, Are you in there, too? Take care! and Stay Cool! :)
Sharon, looks as if Prissy does really well taking a bath...I wish Jack would let us give him one. Sharpei's are rather stinky anyway & w/out a bath...EWWW! :D Oh, well...we like to go play in the creek. :)
Thanks Marsue! I can oblige! :D Love the Phlox! ~ I sent Celia a D-mail. Prayers for her & her family. :(
TF, Take care in the heat! You're a good mommy to those chickies. They are So lucky! ;)
Thanks Kiska, I rather like your temps better than ours! Send some more of those 'cooler' pics...it may make me feel a little cooler! :) since we will be hot & humid today...

The answer to the trivia is...B
Dry Weather and high winds caused wild fires to burn more than 743,000 acres and destroy 3700 homes.

Today's trivia is...
What major event caused nearly $20 billion dollars in damage/costs to agriculture and related industries in 1980?
a) hurricane
b) flood
c) drought
d) ice storm

Have a "cool" & Safe day!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Ah, there's our boy! and sure enough cute enough to kiss right on those fat little cheeks!
Guessing B on the trivia, Joey.

Marsue – The trick is getting Prissy in the bath! Once she’s there she’s okay. She does her little prancy-dance the entire time, but she’s really good. Blue Paradise?! But they’re Pink! LOL!
TF – Only 100? Yikes…did a cool front move through?!
Joey – I’m going with B too, just a guess. I remember Mt St. Helen’s blew her stack then. Ashes covered my car … in Houston! Look at that big handsome boy! Our sweet JW! Give him a smoochie for me!

89.2 °F / 31.8 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 31% ----- Oh, I think it's much worse than this :P
Dew Point: 55 °F / 13 °C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3.2 km/h / 0.9 m/s Variable
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph / 10.1 km/h
Pressure: 30.00 in / 1015.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 87 °F / 31 °C
UV: 13 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3500 ft / 1066 m
(Above Ground Level

Rest of Today
Becoming partly cloudy. A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 90. South winds 10 to 15 mph

Don't look Kiska!

Fierce warrior! LOL!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL @ your fierce warrior, Sharon! :-)

Lots of kisses and smooches for JW, Joey. He's sooo cute! ^_^ I'm going to guess.. umm.. C. It's just a guess, though. I was living in Wisconsin then, and was only in 6th grade and pretty oblivious. I did notice the news about Mt. St. Helens, though! I remember it being very cloudy afterwards, and teachers saying it was because the water droplets in the air were bonding with all of the dust and ash.... We didn't see any ashfall, though.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Bright, Hot, Calm.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

the forecast changed, now they say 103, which may mean 105 here.... but cools down to mid to high nineites the rest of the week:

"weather updated by John Harris

Hi 102 F
Lo 64 F Another hot, windy, and dry day is headed our way with highs above 100 for a third day in a row! In fact, the record of 100 set back in 1933 will be in jeopardy. Of course with strong southwesterly winds this afternoon...watch out for extreme wildfire dangers!

Stay cool everyone!

You can get the latest forecast 24 hours a day on our website at newschannel10.com, and by phone on our Stormtrack Weatherline 331-9899."

CURRENTLY:

Clovis: 87F
Albuquerque: 76F
Guymon: 75F
Oklahoma City: 87F
Lubbock: 94F
Dallas: 87F
Currently in Amarillo
92F (Feels like 85F) Sunrise: 06:33
Sunset: 20:58
Humidity: 7%
Visibility: 10.0 m

Clear
Wind: SSW17gusting to 24 mph
Barometer: 29.59

Sounds like we had another fire just before lunch, but haven't heard for sure yet.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

All those in the tornado watchboxes--stay safe!
TF: try to stay cool--hope the chickies survive this heat!
Joey: I'm changing my answer on the trivia to C=Drought. It seems that I remember there being T-shirts around that said "I survived the drought of 1980".
My, my Marylyn--you were just a young thing back then--6th grade! Just a little bit older than my youngest! LOL
Sharon: Wow--what a scary critter--LOL! Yes, the phlox seems to be totally mis-named, although some of the petals have a little blue around the edge. You would be proud of me, though--I re-potted my poinsettia (actually it was 3 plants in one pot) and trimmed it back. Did I do okay?

current temp is 87º at 1:25 p.m.

Thumbnail by marsue

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 11:51 AM PDT on June 04, 2008
68 °F / 20 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 55 °F / 13 °C
Wind: 9 mph / 15 km/h / 4.1 m/s from the SSE
Wind Gust: 16 mph / 26 km/h / 7.2 m/s
Pressure: 29.73 in / 1007 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 8.0 miles / 12.9 kilometers
UV: 11 out of 16

Picture from the other day - these are encelia. They have a long season. I don't know if individual plants bloom for a long time, but the species is in bloom for months.

Thumbnail by Kelli

young house finch

Thumbnail by Kelli
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Marylyn.........Glad everything went well.

Kelli.......still some green I see.

We have 76° here and the skies have brightened a bit. It started raining late last evening and most of the morning. Scattered thundershowers are forecast 7 out of the next 10 days as well as highs in the upper 80's for the weekend. I'm doing a 100 mile bike ride from North East Pa. to Niagara Falls Canada on Saturday. 53 of us are leaving at 7:00am and will arrive at the Falls at 5:00--7:00pm depending on the winds.

I've been admiring a pretty wildflower filled stream valley on my way to work the past few mornings. This morning the light was perfect so I pulled over and took a few photos.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

One more.....

early_bloomer

(Zone 7a)

Hi, everyone. I only have a minute but I wanted to thank everybody for the well-wishes. Family flying in a an hour so I gotta go.

53°F and raining. "And the skies wept."
Feels like: 53°F

Barometer: 29.5 in
Dewpoint: 45°
Humidity: 74%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 8 mph NW
Sunrise: 5:56 AM
Sunset: 8:55 PM
UV Index: 2 Low

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Kelli - Looks like a young female.
EB - Why a bike trip when the weather is scheduled to be 90's HHH here in Pa.? - Have a great time.

We escaped the tornado boxes today,anyway. Had about 1/2 inch of rain. Highs were in high 70's and breezy. Rain off and on all day. Supposed to be 90's HHH for the next four days here in Central Pa.

Every little plant is planted out. Did about another 75 zinnias today in and around the daylily beds. This will make color when the DL's are done blooming. Only takes a couple of hours for days/weeks of enjoyment.

Watch it Sidney - there are only so many 12 hr days your body can take before it demands to stop and smell the roses. Stay safe, my friend.

TF – Whew - Stay cool! I’m sweating just thinking about your heat… :P
Maruse – Looks great!
Kelli – Great pictures! How did you manage to hold a finch?
E_B – Wow! Your pictures are like a mystical wonderland! Just beautiful!
Celia – Our thoughts and prayers are with you. : (

84.7 °F / 29 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 51%
Dew Point: 64 °F / 18 °C
Wind: 3.0 mph / 4 km/hfrom the SSE
Wind Gust: 8.7 mph / 14 km/h
Heat Index: 87 °F / 30 °C
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 6000 ft / 1828 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft / 6 m

Now - Not in my area
Through 745 PM...showers and thunderstorms continue to move north along US 17 from Juniper Springs to Middleburg and the Westside of Jacksonville. The strongest thunderstorms are moving through East Palatka and Middleburg. Hail...gusty winds...lightning and heavy rainfall should be expected with these thunderstorms as they move north at 10 miles an hour.

Tonight
Partly cloudy in the evening...then mostly clear. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 70. South winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening...then decreasing to 5 mph.

Sylvester - Now for a reallly big - yawn!

Thumbnail by MySharona

E_B - I was so wow'ed by your pictures I forgot to mention the bnike ride. Is it for charity or just something you do in your spare time?

The epitome of laziness - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thumbnail by MySharona
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

se_eds........The bike ride has been scheduled for many months now. There are 53 going at last count and rooms have been reserved, vehicles rented etc. so waiting for a perfect day is impossible. As you can see below, the weather should not be too bad. High of 84°F, low humidity and a tail wind. Definitely going to need the sunscreen though.

Scattered T-Storms
High 84°F
Precip 30%
Wind: SW 13 mph
Max. Humidity: 55%
UV Index: 8 Very High
Sunrise: 5:47 AM ET
Avg. High: 74°F
Record High: 88°F (1999)

Flowers are starting to pop here. Here's a photo of my "arbor bed" taken this evening.

early_bloomer

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Sharona...........We cross posted. No, the ride is a private thing just for fun. It's called Rogers Ride and this is the 24'th year. I found out about it through a health and fitness program I've been involved with the past 9 months. It's mostly flat, the scenery is great and it should be fun.

There is a link here: http://www.lakecountrybike.com/wc_tours.htm

early_bloomer

This message was edited Jun 4, 2008 8:05 PM

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Kelli: I always "meet" a new flower when you post your hiking photos!
EB: gorgeous wildflowers and arbor bed, too! Good luck on the bike ride this Saturday! A 100-mile bike ride fun?--more like exhausting!! LOL
Sharon: does Sylvester have no shame a'tall? Lazy creature! LOL
se_eds: we'll be expecting photos of all those zinnias!

87º and very bright at 7:28 p.m. Wind has been blowing briskly all day.

My DH's current favorite rose: Gypsy

Thumbnail by marsue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.