Photo by Melody

Weather: June Daily Weather Blooms abound! , 1 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: June Daily Weather Blooms abound!

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of June Daily Weather  Blooms abound!
rannveig wrote:
Good morning!

It's mostly cloudy this morning but the sun's peeking through as I'm typing. Another warm day in store around 60°F ........... if this holds up we might start thinking 60°F is normal and get very disappointed when it dips down into the more normal 55°F. It's strange how much difference there is in those 5°F between 55°F and 60°F ......... 55°F is distinctly cool and 60°F is very warm. Seems very strange to me. It was mostly sunny yesterday and warm. I actually got a bit fed up with the sun and warmth yesterday afternoon ........ got a headache from all the sun and just felt plain too hot and crancky! lol I wouldn't cope well in 100°F.

marsue - there isn't much visible damage to the houses - everything looked pretty normal to the visiting eye. Most of the damage was to the interiors. The houses that have been declared as unsafe and therefore ruined are all standing ...... but they're badly cracked and so structurally not sound. The nursery where I picked up the roses had no damage apart from a few stones being displaced from a wall. Pretty amazing considering that it was very close to that mountain in the photo where the origin of the earthquake was. Very cool corn!

seeds - Selma felt the same way for a little while. We didn't feel a single tremor while we were there though.

Sharon - hope all goes well at the doctor's office. Those cardinals are so cute :-)

Deb - gorgeous gardenia!

Kelli - pretty flowers :-)

Celia - also very pretty flowers :-) I liked the Black laced elder you posted a photo of earlier. Are the flowers pink or white?

This was the only visible damage we saw - an old barn with one of the walls crumbled .... soryy it's not a very good angle.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Rann