June Daily Weather Blooms abound!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Please come by often with your pictures and weather reports.
Here in Jax it was hot at work all night.
I am a heavy lurker, but my energy to post has been waining. Less than a week left on the job.
I've been busy getting ebay plants which have to be planted immediately.
I'm having a plant sale next Saturday.
I like that fence EB. Adina I am so tickled your house is almost finished and beautiful.
Joey it's just before dawn. JW is so precious.
These are waiting to be cliped.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Gee Sidney I didn't know you liked Coleus.... ROTFLMAO!

Paid off Trucks are COOL!!!!!!

Ric playing w/ the Bees

Thumbnail by henryr10
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hellooo! Well the Honey Suckle didn't kill me, but I slept way too long! The temp is 73° & the sun is brightly shining. We had a nice little shower this morning.
At Dublin,
Fair: 73°F
Feels like: 73°F
Barometer: 30 in
Dewpoint: 66°
Humidity: 78%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 9 mph W
Sunrise: 6:03 AM
Sunset: 8:38 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

Thanks Sidney, Your Coleus are Gorgeous. I hope you're not wearing yourself out too badly, but am glad for you that it will be finished soon.
Ric, Great pic of the honey bee! I have some too & glad there are doing OK. How are they doing at your house?
Thanks KW, There's nothing better than getting rid of a big payment! ;)
Adina, Your house is really looking Great! Love the fixtures! :D
Kelli, That is sad about the Lilies. :(
Pepper, What a Lovely Iris! :D Sounds very hot & muggy! :-O Definitely 'miserable'!

The answer to the trivia is...D
Right after the sun rises, the angle of the sun is still too low for any radiational heating to occur.

Today's trivia is...
In 1954 this hurricane hit the Northeastern United States:
a) Claudia
b) Christine
c) Carol
d) Cheryl

Have a Great Day! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Sidney, thanks for starting a new thread with your gorgeous coleus again!
Thank you all for the good words of appreciation on my house, you are such good friends!
Joey, thanks for the beautiful pics with JW...I just love those pretty face and fatty arms!
Ric, great picture!
Here's a campanula on the field.
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new thread Sidney! I love your Coleus’!

We’ve had company this weekend and oh my … has it been HOT. The miserable summer type of heat is here. Accck! LOL!

Ric – Wow! Great picture!
Celia – Congratulations on the paid off truck! That’s reason enough for a celebration! LOL!
Adina – Your house looks wonderful! You’re so lucky to have all the wildflowers surrounding your new home. I’ve never seen campanula, love the color!
Joey – JW is getting bigger and bigger! He is just too cute! Beeeeyouteeful bloom! I think it was Carol that hit in 1954.

We had a storm move through, but I still hear thunder in the distance. I was at the movie theater when it came through. Thought it was Indiana Jones playing in the theater next to us LOL! We received .5" of rain. No complaints...we need rain badly.

Now
Through 515 PM...slow moving showers and isolated thunderstorms continue to develop over northeast Florida. The heaviest showers will move into areas near Jennings...Oleno State Park...Newberry...Archer and Fort Caroline. The showers have a slow drift to the east at 5 to 10 mph. Expect...brief gusty winds...heavy downpours of rain and cloud to ground lightning strikes with thunderstorms activity.

88.5 °F / 31 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 36%
Dew Point: 57 °F / 14 °C
Wind: 1.0 mph / 1 km/hfrom the SSE
Wind Gust: 7.8 mph / 12 km/h
Pressure: 29.97 in / 1014.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 89 °F / 32 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 6 out of 16

Feels much more hot and humid than WX says. It just started sprinkling again. Here is my poinsettia at 1 month after cutting back.

Thumbnail by MySharona
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Nothing unusual here.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PDT on June 01, 2008
77 °F / 25 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 42%
Dew Point: 52 °F / 11 °C
Wind: 10 mph / 17 km/h / 4.6 m/s from the South
29.95 in / 1014 hPa (Falling)
UV: 9 out of 16

Thumbnail by Kelli
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Hot, humid, and for now dry.

We got a small fast moving storm last night. Hail and everything. Lightning came close to hitting my neighbors but it didn't hit them thankfully. Today is quiet. Kinda nice. :~)

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Beautiful coleus, Sidney!
great photo of the bee, Ric.
Joey: JW is moving on out! You won't be able to keep up with him once he starts walking!! I'm saying Cheryl on the trivia.
Adina: very pretty fixtures in the house. I just love that field of flowers outside your house!
Celia: congrats on the paid off truck! That's always a good feeling, isn't it?
Kelli: I always enjoy the photos of your "walkabouts"--keep 'em coming!
Sharon: your poinsettia is looking good. All mine still have red leaves on them from Christmas. I haven't done anything to them yet--it's called procrastination. LOL
Pepper: it's been unseasonably hot and humid here, too, but we did have a thunderstorm this afternoon. The wind was blowing so hard that even the big oak trees were bending over. It got pretty "hairy" for a few minutes. We lost one shingle off the roof but no other damage. The sun is shining brightly now. Current temp is 74º.

unknown rose--possibly "Europeana"

Thumbnail by marsue
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

marsue - glad to hear you escaped the brunt of the storms Temps here in the mid 70's. Humid. Later this afternoon we had hot temps and brief 3 minute dowpours..

(Zone 7a)

We had 80s and lots of sun. It's windy now, like a storm brewing but I don't see any clouds.

Yes, it's good to be rid of that big payment.

Roses, Mau? I didn't know you had roses. ☺

What's the flower, Joey? It looks like a mum.

Adina, love to campanula. Such a pretty color.

Fragrant sumac...

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

65° and too dark.

Marsue - Pretty roses! Your poinsettia will get "leggy" if you don't trim it back. I didn't trim mine back last year. It was tall, but not full.
Kwanjin - Nice picture of the Sumac!

71.6 °F / 22.0 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 84%
Dew Point: 67 °F / 19 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 29.97 in / 1014.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 71 °F / 22 °C
Visibility: 5.0 miles / 8.0 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3000 ft / 914 m
Scattered Clouds 10000 ft / 3048 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 20 ft / 6 m

Today
Partly cloudy. A 50% chance of showers and thunderstorms mainly in the afternoon. High 90. West winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the north in the afternoon.

Pink Flame Jacobina

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Sharon. Some things look neat up close, don't they? Your flower is pretty.

64°F with 77º predicted. Looks like we'll make that and then some. Also, thundershowers possible.

Feels like: 64°F

Barometer: 29.8 in ↑
Dewpoint: 44°
Humidity: 48%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 5:57 AM
Sunset: 8:53 PM
UV Index: 2 Low

Mini-rose.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

And pink Bachelors Button? I didn't have these before.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

I went to Western Garden and purchased some perennials.

Japanese Holly, Sky Pencil...

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Elderberry, Black Lace...

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Great pics! It's getting chilly , windy , 75.
Here's my hosta.
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 7a)

Barberry, Aurea...

This message was edited Jun 2, 2008 2:10 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Pretty! I need more room for hostas. They're starting to "grow" on me. ☺

Last one. Euonymus, Emerald and Gold...

Thumbnail by kwanjin

So beautiful, Celia!

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Sunny, Bright, near calm, 84° - need to water this afternoon.

(Zone 7a)

Oh, wow! What's that, Adina?

That's a hanging geranium in my window. This is the pot with more geraniums and the little MGs just popping out.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Pretty flowers, Adina. Are you going to be able to take all of your flowers with you when you move?
Celia: nice plants! Isn't plant shopping fun? I went plant shopping today and brought home a couple more. A "walker's low catmint" and a butterfly bush. I'm afraid I "have the habit!" (of buying plants)
Sharon: thanks for the advice on the poinsettia. I will try to cut mine back this very week (sometime).

Pau and I drove up to Greer's Ferry Lake--a Corps of Engineers lake about 40 miles from here. We had a nice drive and a good barbecue sandwich at a restaurant there and stopped at one of those corner nurseries/all-purpose places that sells sorghum molasses, jellies, jams, etc. That's where I got the two plants mentioned above. I wanted one of everything they had but I did well in restraining myself! LOL Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera so I couldn't capture any of the great scenery for you. :o((

Here's a photo of my two new plants, though.

Sunrise: 5:55 AM CT
Sunset: 8:17 PM CT
Avg. High: 84°F
Record High: 94°F (1977)
Partly Cloudy
Overnight Low 72°F
Precip 20%
Wind: S 8 mph
Max. Humidity: 77%
Avg. Low: 62°F
Record Low: 50°F (1993)

Thumbnail by marsue
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It's hot hot hot here, with no sign of rain. The humidity is only at 40%, so it isn't quite as unbearable as it could be. :-) I forgot to turn the sprinklers on this morning.. I'll have to do it tomorrow if I remember.

Tomorrow morning, the big bunny is having oral surgery. She is 7 now, and one of her 2 year molars never came in. It is impacted in her lower jaw, near the nerve and the jawbone, and there is a large cyst around it. So it has to come out. She's very nervous about the operation, but is looking forward to all of the ice cream that she'll get to eat afterwards. I'm pretty nervous myself!

My usual weather website is down, but this will do... :-)

Houston Intercontinental Airport
Lat: 29.97 Lon: -95.35 Elev: 95
Last Update on Jun 2, 3:53 pm CDT

Partly Cloudy

96°F
(36°C)
Humidity: 40 %
Wind Speed: SE 10 MPH
Barometer: 29.90" (1012.5 mb)
Dewpoint: 68°F (20°C)
Heat Index: 101°F (38°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

The bunnies playing on the play fort thing that my dh built in the back yard...

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Marsue, how far is Cabot from Conway? I have family there ( though we have not conversed in a long time ).

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh yea - 81° and real nice.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Cabot is about 30-35 miles from Conway, Dyson-depending what part of the city you are going to. Not a bad drive at all. We moved to Cabot about 18 months ago from the Conway area to be closer to grandkids over here.

It's 89º here at 5:05 p.m. I need to get out and spray Round-Up on the bermuda grass in the flower beds but I don't like to sweat! LOL Oh, well, I suppose I better get to it!

Celia – Nice collection of plants! Love the mini-rose and bachelors button!
Adina – Your geranium is so bright! I Love it!
Marsue – I hate it when I leave my camera home! You bought some pretties too!
Marylyn – Awww, your poor bunny. I hope everything goes well tomorrow. We’ll say a prayer for her. All 4 of my wisdom teeth were impacted – had them removed at 32. I am soooo not looking forward to this Summer. I think it’s going to be worse than last year. The girls look like they are having a blast on the fort!

85.5 °F / 29.7 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 40%
Dew Point: 58 °F / 15 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 29.94 in / 1013.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 85 °F / 29 °C
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3000 ft / 914 m
Scattered Clouds 12000 ft / 3657 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m
(Above Ground Level)

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Patchy fog late in the night. Low 70. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Can't remember the name of this one.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Prayers and best wishes for the big bunny!

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 3:51 PM PDT on June 02, 2008
76 °F / 24 °C
Clear
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 52 °F / 11 °C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h / 3.6 m/s from the SE
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1013 hPa (Falling)
UV: 7 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Today we went hiking. We were going to do a route that we had done years ago. It goes down into the canyon, up out of the canyon, and along a ridge back to the starting point - about 5 miles round trip. However, today, after we had gone about 3 1/2 miles we came upon this little bit of hostility.

Thumbnail by Kelli

I didn't think people were allowed to block off fire roads. Those are dirt roads through the mountains that the general public are not usually allowed to drive on but are there for fire fighting. In the previous picture, the "especially NPS rangers" (NPS = National Park Service) makes me suspect that something unlawful is going on back there. It would be a perfect place for a meth lab.

Thumbnail by Kelli

So, we had to turn around and go back the same way we came, making it about a 7 mile hike with 900 ft elevation gain and loss. It took four hours. We didn't bring anything to eat and didn't bring enough water. I'm pretty well beat. I hope I burned a lot of fat!

What you really want to see - the wildflowers.

rose snapdragon

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 7a)

Sounds and looks like somebody has something to hide.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Very pretty maple(?)

yellow mariposa lily - This one is more typical in size and shape than the one I showed you last week. When I saw this one, I yelled out, "Yellow mariposa!" That scared DH. I'm usually not very excitable or loud.

Thumbnail by Kelli

mariposa buds

Thumbnail by Kelli

canchalagua - The photo is not very good but the color of these is unique.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yikes, Kelli!! I don't know who the "NPS Rangers" are, but judging by all of the barbed wire on that fence, the owners are pretty serious about keeping them out!

Thanks for all of the prayers. :-) All 4 of my wisdom teeth were impacted, too, and were yanked when I was 28. The oral surgeon was telling me apologetically that Joy's cheek was likely to be swollen and bruised afterwards, and there was a possibility that, if the tooth is too close to the nerve, that side of her mouth could be numb for a while. Yep... I looked like a chipmunk for quite some time after my surgery, couldn't eat solid food for 6 weeks, and half of my mouth was numb for 6 months, so I totally understood! My little sister had hers pulled a few months after mine and was eating hamburgers the next day... I've never quite forgiven her for that! LOLOL Hopefully my little JoyJoy's recovery will be more like my sister's than like mine! ^_^

Here is Browser, one of our Christmas kitties. He likes to eat and drink lying down, the lazy thing. If the water is too low to reach without standing up, he tips it towards him. It is VERY funny to watch!

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
(Zone 7a)

Nat'l Park Service

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, duh.. Of course. Thanks, Celia!!

The subject area is surrounded by the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area and Malibu Creek State Park.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.