August Daily Weather, What's happening in your yard?

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Joey..........I didn't check to see what make the truck was. I was on a bike ride and had stopped for a drink and snack when it rolled up next to me on a flatbed . I really liked the blues against the sky.

Kelli.......Fat Elvis has left the pond! Raccoons are nasty predators but the fish could also have fallen prey to a hawk if there are any around your area.

Hot and humid here.........80F and 75% humidity. I did a little stone work earlier but decided to wait for better working conditions.

Sharon......I'm sure there are better days ahead for Gary.

Photo: Making hay.

early_bloomer

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the well wishes for Gary. He just goes on about his day like nothing happened. He said to tell everyone “Hello”
Joey – Thanks! Jack looks worn out! I’m going with D on the trivia. Love your blooms!
Marylyn – How is the weather? Are you getting a deluge?
Kiska – Love the moose pics!
Marsue – I love the chair! I had to cover it this morning since Callie slept in it all day. I don’t think she moved until I got home from work!
Deb – You’re right! The mushrooms are huge like a giant peanut butter cup! LOL!
Celia – Pretty birds! What are the little gray ones?
E_B – Wonderful picture of the truck! Kind of looks like an International. I also like the “making hay” shot.

81.5 °F / 27 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 61%
Dew Point: 66 °F / 19 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/hfrom the ESE
Wind Gust: 3.8 mph / 6 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 84 °F / 29 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 5500 ft / 1676 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Low 74. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Cannas beginning to bloom.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 3b)

It's up to 54F; think that's about it for the day. For me, so much better than having to contend with the high temps.
MySharona~it sounds so amazing to hear how Gary is dealing with everything; good for him. I loved your chairs, too. I think Callie was making it her own. The Calla is so pretty.
E_B~I've really enjoyed your posts/pics. This is of the hay is especially nice.
Stream flowing down from Hatcher Pass area.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Kiska: Hatcher Pass is beautiful! Reminds me of the Scottish Highlands. 54 sounds very appealling at the moment, after spending a couple of hours out there watering the garden in temps approximatel 40 degrees above that! :)
Sidney: "Sultry" is absolutely the right word!

I think raccoons have been eating the eggs one of our little Muscovy moms has been laying under our front porch. I really wish they'd cut that out!

Hey - did I show y'all my Slime Mould???

Thumbnail by DebinSC
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Hello to Gary!

We have a net over the pond, so I don't think we have bird problems.

Slime mold... Hmmm.... Pretty funky

Kiska, every day I see a lizard or two in our yard and I think of you. Don't you feel flattered? ;-)

This is/was Fat Elvis.

Thumbnail by Kelli
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

HHH.

We had a very strong and damaging storm hit work this morning. Knocked over trees and covered sidewalks in leaves and limbs. Wind was strong enough that I thought either a tropical storm was hitting or a tornado. White caps were on the lake and they weren't small ones either. Luckily no one was hurt, just wet. We did get damage to a new sidewalk that was being laid when the storm hit. They may have to repour it if they can't salvage this one and it will be alot of money if they have to repour.

(Zone 3b)

It's 8:30pm and the sun finally came out:)) It's just beautiful out and smells so clean and fresh after the rain. The days are still quite long, but losing daylight will begin to be noticiable in a few weeks.
57F~~
Deb~ 40 degrees warmer seems unreal. By the way, I loved your front entry and how the ivy grew along the face of the steps. Very pretty home.
Sounds like Scotland is a beautiful country. And, I too hope the racoons leave the eggs alone.
kelli~that many lizards in one day? Now,that's harder to take than the heat, IMO....and, yes, it's interesting that I come to mind; bet there's many more just like me.
The vegetation up at Hatcher Pass is very dense, but quite small. This little tiny turquoise plant was about 1-2" high. It was growing in the midst of the reindeer moss. I haven't looked it up yet, so don't know what it is.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Kiska – I agree with Deb - The hatchers Pass picture looks like it was taken in the Scottish Highlands, very pretty! Scotland is gorgeous – you should go sometime. The climate is somewhat similar as it stays cool most of the year. It doesn’t get much warmer that the upper 60’s in the Summer. It is more damp though. Gary doesn’t have what I call the “complaint gene”. We’ve learned a lot from him.
Deb – Ummmm slime mold. Ewwww?! What caused that?
Kelli – LOL! We have tons of lizards here. The babies are hatching now. They are everywhere. Fat Elvis certainly lived up to his name!
Pepper – I didn’t hear anything about storms in your area today. Glad no one was harmed.
Kiska – What a neat picture of the tourquoise plant and the reindeer moss. The moss has a unique look to it!

76.8 °F / 24.9 °C
Clear
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 68 °F / 20 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1016.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 78 °F / 26 °C
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Clear

Today
Partly cloudy and hot. A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 98. West winds 5 to 10 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Heat index readings 102 to 106.

Kiska - Don't look - lizard

Thumbnail by MySharona
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Celia: the plant in my photo above is "Monkey Grass Variegata" (Liriope muscari)
We usually get goldfinches in May and December on their flights to and from points north. Sweet William is sweet. :o))
Sidney: poor baby of TF's! Red and blue polka-dots and itchy, to boot!
EB: you left out the rest of that phrase. . .making hay. . ."while the sun shines" LOL neat pic
Sharon: pretty canna. We could all learn a lot from Gary! P.S. Lizards get thirsty, too! LOL
Kiska: I can hear that brook babbling now! Pretty reindeer moss with the turquoise plant. What a woman you are--you face moose without fear (you do, don't you?) and quiver at the thought of a little lizard! I used to get a chameleon at the circus every year. They would have little leashes on them and you could pin them on your clothing. I wore mine to school. After a few days I would turn it loose in the yard. Nowadays the ASPCA has probably banned that practice. Have I reduced you to a mound of quivering jelly on the floor yet? LOLOL
Deb: slime mold! What causes it--do you know?
Pepper: glad no one was hurt in the winds--Sorry about the damage to the sidewalk--bummer.
Kelli: sorry about Fat Elvis and tiger----Bad raccoon!!!

Today
Mostly Sunny
High 96°F
Precip 20%
Wind: SW 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 55%
UV Index: 10 Very High
Sunrise: 6:21 AM CT
Avg. High: 91°F
Record High: 101°F (1980)
Tonight:
Partly Cloudy
Overnight Low 73°F
Precip 20%
Wind: WSW 5 mph
Max. Humidity: 70%
Sunset: 8:06 PM CT
Avg. Low: 68°F
Record Low: 56°F (1997)

Echinachea purpurea bud starting to open

Thumbnail by marsue

Nice outside for the first time in over a week. Will stay nice thru at least Mon.

Sharon, it was a small storm. I live about 10 min or so from work and we never saw a drop there.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! It's a really nice 66° outside & a little foggy. I'll need to make this short - gotta get ready for work.
At Dublin ( on the mountain)...
Clear: 75°F (which seems unreal)
Feels like: 75°F
Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 68°
Humidity: 78%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 3 mph WNW
Sunrise: 6:32 AM
Sunset: 8:25 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

E_B, Love the "making hay" pic! Everybody around here has had a time putting up their hay. THey can't get it dry before the next rain. But I'd rather have some rain than no rain. :) How's the new grandbaby doin'?
Thanks Sharon, Jack always wears himself out. By late afternoon he's always plum tuckered! :D Cute Lizard! And your canna is Great! How is Gary today? (always in my mind - many prayers)
Kelli, I hate that you 'lost' your Koi! I sounds as if it may be a racoon, I think that your netting would be torn up otherwise.
Kiska, It does look like Scotland! Gorgoeus place! I love the moss & lichen. Is there any way you can do a 'follow - up' to see what the little turquios plant is?
Pepper, Glad that you're OK & the storm was not tornado activity!
Deb, Your Ivy looks nearly covered up! :-O A fungus for sure! We have mushrooms everywhere here. My brothere's yard (in 1 corner) is full. I had to laugh at him, tho...He thought if he mowed them over that that would take care of them! LOL I had to explain...
Mornin' Marsue!!! :D

Well...gotta run. I'll be back this after noon w/ the trivia.

"see"ya then! :D
Joey

Kyle Petty on his annual charity run.

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 5a)

Good afternoon :-)

It's a wet day here today, we've had some really heavy rainshowers today. Almost calm though and a high around 58°F. Sunrise today was at 4:53 and sunset will be at 10:14 pm.

Hi Joey :-) (waving back) :-) lol Great photos - the energizer pooch ran out of energy?? lol Didn't think that could happen ;-) Pretty plants.

Sharon - the lizard stealing a dring is so cute :-)

EB - love the making hay photo.

Kiska - wonderful photos, both of the moose and hatcher's pass - looks like home ;-) lol

Pepper - glad there wasn't more damage from the storm!

We went on a day trip on Sunday - didn't go as far as planned since we got a late start ..... but it was nice getting out of town. It was raining in town, but dry where we went although heavily overcast ......

The road to Thingvellir .... the pipeline along the road delivers hot water to the Reykjavik area. The cyclists are tourists for sure - why people think it's a good idea to travel on bike around Iceland I will never know ...... I used to think it was something they'd only try once, until I met a couple from the Netherlands a few years ago that had been here many times and absolutely loved it. I still don't get it. lol

Have a good day everyone!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 7a)

Good morning, everyone. Not much to report here. Very nice pics.

75°F with "only" 90º for later.
Feels like: 75°F

Barometer: 30.2 in ↑
Dewpoint: 55°
Humidity: 50%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 13 mph SSE
Sunrise: 6:29 AM
Sunset: 8:36 PM
UV Index: 2 Low

Damselfly on Money Plant "money".

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Still in the mid 60'sF here and very changeable. We're having a lot of heavy rain, misty mornings and cloud. Very warm and humid today.

Thumbnail by kniphofia
Cramlington, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

My beloved kniphofias are starting to bloom. This one is 'Timothy'.

Thumbnail by kniphofia
(Zone 5a)

Celia - very pretty damsel fly :-)

Kniphofia - your kniphofia is very pretty :-)

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Celia: I am always amazed at the brilliant colors of the various damselflies and some of the other insects.
Rann: Why would bicycling around Iceland not be a good idea? Is it too remote between towns?
kniphofia: Lovely torch lily! Mine had their main burst of bloom in May. I had one that had at least 25 blooms on it at the same time. Right now, I only have one bloom on mine. I think they are just the neatest plant and the hummers and bees like them, too! :o))

Currently a "cool" 94º LOL

verbena

Thumbnail by marsue
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Readings from the neariest w/underground station to my house:

Current temperature at 315PM: 104.1 °F !!!!
Humidity: 41% (low humidity! - the good news part of the current weather situation!)
Winds: WSW at 0.0 mph / 0 km/h

Just a quick check - in from work.
Hi all!

BBL,
Deb

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Sultrier!
97.0 °F / 36.1 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 37%
Dew Point: 66 °F / 19 °C
Wind: 3.6 mph / 5 km/hVariable
Wind Gust: 8.1 mph / 13 km/h
Pressure: 29.85 in / 1010.7 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 101 °F / 38 °C
;)

Kiska, do you have Geico commercials on t.v. up there? You must have to leave the room when they come on.

Rann, bicycling is very popular around here - not right here in town so much, but in the mountains and parks. It never really interested me, but to each his own. There are places where we hike and I see bicycle tracks and wonder how anyone makes it up those steep hills or rocky, washed out trails.

Marylyn, you didn't stay up until the end of that Astros/Cubs game on Monday, did you? The Angels came on at 7:00 our time, so we tuned in to them, but went back to the 'Stros during commercials. The reason we got cable is so that we could see more games. Maybe 1/3 of them at most are on regular network t.v.

A tad bit hotter than it has been

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on August 06, 2008
94 °F / 34 °C
Clear
Humidity: 23%
Dew Point: 51 °F / 11 °C
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 29.89 in / 1012 hPa (Falling)
UV: 12 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

Let's see - something from the archives. This is a house in Huntsville, Alabama. I know nothing about it.

Thumbnail by Kelli

It's hotter than hot

I'm melting

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
Marylyn, you didn't stay up until the end of that Astros/Cubs game on Monday, did you?

No. when they were on the rain delay, I kept turning the radio on to check on them, but I missed when they actually started again. It was a "complete" game when they stopped, so I decided after 9:00 that they must have just called it quit for the day. Rats. Our station plays talk shows during rain delays, and I have a very short tolerance level for them, so I don't leave the radio on.

It was really nice today! The high was only about 93°. I could hear thunder in the distance, but we didn't get any rain (not that we needed any today!) We ended up getting about 2 inches of nice steady rain from the tropical storm, which was wonderful. :-)

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 4:53pm CDT (15 min ago)
Temperature 89 °F 32 °C
Dew Point 75 °F 24 °C
Humidity 63%
Pressure 30.02 in 1016.7 mb
Wind Speed 12 MPH 10 kts
Wind Dir SE 130°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 99 °F 37 °C
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 80.1°F / 26.7°C

I think the game was over around 9 PM my time. I don't remember exactly when, but it had gotten to the point where that game and the Angels game were just about in the same inning at the same time. Suring the rain delay, ESPN showed bits and pieces of other games going on at the same time and that was fine. I don't care for talk shows, either.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I was awakened last night by the strange sound of rain!! First since Early July here. It lasted about 15 minutes but was not coming down fast enough to come in the windows. We got 1/8" according to the rain gage. Better than nothing. Our days are delightful - cool mornings, hot breezy afternoons with blue sky and little white clouds and highs in the 85-96 deg range. Perfect picnic weather. Humidity was good today around 57%. The weatherman said it might rain again next Wednesday - isolated showers. That would be nice.

It was niicce today!! A little humid what with the rain coming in tonight but not bad at all. Temps were in the mid 80s.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

se_eds..........It's hard to believe we are in the same state. We have had regular rain here all summer. I have a lot of plants still in pots I bought at various sales this spring and early summer that I haven't had to water since early June.

Deb.........104°!!! Wow, it's a good thing the humidity was low.

marsue........We had 4 or 5 days with out any rain recently and the farmers really were making hay while the sun was shining around here. Every size and shape of bale you can imagine.

Photo: Evening shadows cross a field of ripened wheat.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
(Zone 7a)

I'm always amazed at the colors Mother Nature chooses.

Beautiful shots people.

No rain. Again. Just lots of funny clouds formations. All of which have so far have eluded my camera.

This wasp keeps trying to build a nest in my lantern. We turn her out and get rid of the eggs again and again. I think this is the fourth time. The eggs are bright red.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 5a)

Good morning :-)

It's cloudy this morning, not raining right now, but I think there's a possibility of rainshowers today. 58°F and fairly calm.

marsue - I'm sure bicycling around Iceland could be wonderful in nice weather if you're in good enough shape to make it up all the hills and mountains ....... but cycling in 45°F - 55°F, rain and with the wind in your face is NOT my idea of a good time ;-) lol Also you've got your luggage on the bike with you - I would imagine it to get at least slightly moist when it rains and then sleeping in a tent after all that ....... I just couldn't do it. lol When I travel I need a pretty big suitcase to carry everything I need with me ;-) Couldn't fit that on a bike. lol

Sounds miserably hot for most of you - my condolences. So glad I'm here and not there ;-)

There was a report published yesterday on the effects of global warming here in the next century. As good as a few degrees warming sounds in the gardening department - having most of the glaciers dissappear would be hard to take. Hope the world wakes up and finds a solution before that happens ......

Hope you all have a great day! The girls want to go whale watching today. I'm not too keen on going in pouring rain so I'm not so sure that will happen today ......... The outlook is good in the wind department though ........ It's a 3 hour boat ride, which to me sounds exhausting ...... we'll see .....

Another photo from our Sunday drive .........

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

more scenery :-)

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

The view on the other side of those mountains - the lake Þingvallavatn, Thingvellir national park ...... here's a link to wikipedia if you want to know more about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thingvellir

This message was edited Aug 7, 2008 11:08 AM

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

Of course the girls had to get their feet wet ;-) As you can see they're wearing regular summer apparel again - fleece jackets ;-) lol

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Morning! :D It's almost Dyson Dark w/a temp of 65°. The high for today is supposed to be around 80°. I'm glad that we didn't get the hot temps that they thought we would. Sorry, I didn't get back to you all yesterday...got busy, then got tired.
At Dublin...
Clear: 72°F
Feels like: 72°F
Barometer: 30 in
Dewpoint: 70°
Humidity: 94%
Visibility: 5 miles
Wind: 3 mph SSW
Sunrise: 6:33 AM
Sunset: 8:23 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Deb! The Heat! :-O I'd have to stay in permanently! WAY too hot for me!
Kelli, I LOVE the Alabama home! It reminds me of Huckleberry Finn,or something. Have you done anymore of the "Where Am I"? threads? That was so much fun.
Marylyn, Glad that you got a good rain & nothing more.
Marsue, You're rather hot down there, as well! Love the Verbena. :D
Se_eds, Glad you got some rain, but it sounds as if you need somemore! I, like E_B, have gotten good amounts of rain this year. Not like last year...
E_B, Love the paint brush effect that you picked up in that pic! Marvelous!
Celia, Great pic of the Damsel Fly! I have a pair of 'Common Whites' that have taken over the garden, but I'm not complaining. :D
Kniphofia, Love the Kniphofia! :D
Rann, Looks like the bike riding would be a great thing there...this time of year! Looks like they're relly serious about it. :) I absolutely Love your scenery pics...especially when they have 2 pretty little girls in them! ;)

The answer to the trivia is...D
An X rays' wavelength is 10^-9 meters.

Today's trivia is...
Where is the wettest weather station in the continental United States?
a) Death Valley, CA
b) Wynoochee Oxbow, WA
c) Niagara Falls, NY
d) Norfolk, VA

Have a Great Day! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 5a)

It was dry enough for a picnic but not really warm enough to sit still for very long ....... we would have needed wool sweaters for that. I really regretted leaving them at home ....... and the hot cocoa would have been nice too. We just had cold soda ...... what was I thinking?? lol We were still in that heat wave mode I guess ;-) lol Oh well, live and learn I guess. One of these days I'll get it right. And yes it's August here too ;-) lol

Joey - pretty Astilbe :-) The 45-55°F is to be expected this time of year so I'm not so sure it's such a nice thing ;-) lol Unless you enjoy cycling/camping in cold, wet and windy conditions .......

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

So what do you do on a picnic when the hot cocoa and wool sweaters are at home and you're freezing? You hike to the top of the hill, run laps or something like that ;-) lol We did both ....

Thumbnail by rannveig

Gary is sleeping/pacing a lot, which is part of the whole package, but he is doing well. He really wants to ride his bike and do things he used to do, but can’t right now. I feel so badly for him. He is used to being independent in some areas.

Rann – I really like the biking picture. You live in such a scenic area, but it sounds like cycling in those conditions are as bad as cycling in this nasty heat and humidity! No thank you! The girls are too cute and so pretty in pink!
Celia – Damsels are one of my personal favorite, they’re so pretty.
Knip – Ahhh 60’s…I can almost feel it, but that temp is a long way from us right now! Beautiful kniphofia! I think mine (a gift from Marsue) are getting ready to bloom again.
Kelli – I love the porches on the older houses. I want my house to have a wrap around.
Se_eds and Pepper – So glad y’all got rain and a cool down. Niiice!
E_B – Your pictures amaze me! Do you sell them?
Joey – Beautiful picture! I’m going with C. Probably wrong LOL!

Running late this morning. Alarm didn't go off..grrrrr!

79.0 °F / 26.1 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 69 °F / 21 °C
Wind: 4.8 mph / 7.7 km/h / 2.1 m/s from the WSW
Wind Gust: 5.6 mph / 9.0 km/h
Pressure: 29.95 in / 1014.1 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 82 °F / 28 °C
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 15000 ft / 4572 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m

Oh look it's almost 80* at 7:27am yay

Today
Partly cloudy. A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 96. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Heat index readings 102 to 106.

When I got in my car at lunch yesterday the temp was at 100*.

Luna buds

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

The view from the top - we ran around the bigger "island" and timed which one was the fastest ...... the girls and DH ran a few laps to improve their time. I only did one ......

Sharon - so sorry for Gary. My heart goes out to him. I think he's handling it so well though :-) Pretty Luna bud :-) I'm sure cycling around is fine as long as your luggage and a warm bed await you in a warm house somewhere ;-) Accomodation is horribly expensive here so I'm sure that's the reason people choose this cycling/camping travel arrangement.

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Rann: love your pics! The girls are as pretty as ever! What is it with children and water--they just have to wade in it! LOL I'm with you about wanting a warm bed in a warm house--my camping days are long since past!
se-eds: I wish I could say our days are delightful--we'll have to wait til late Sept. and October before we can say that around here. Glad you got a little bit of rain.
EB: lovely photo of the evening shadows!
Celia: your damselfly made its way to my garden--I saw it this morning! LOL That wasp of yours can pack a painful sting! Ask me how I know!
Kelli: love the house--the only thing better than one porch is two! Where would I find the "Where Am I" threads?
Joey: -the astilbe looks like those fuzzy pipe cleaners and the different textures in your photo really make it interesting. At first, I was going to say C on the trivia but I have changed my mind to B--strictly a guess on my part.
Sharon: in my book, Gary is a hero any day of the week! Bless his heart! That Luna bud is lovely.

We are having a "cool" spell. High today forecast to be 85º! A welcome relief!
Today
Scattered T-Storms
High 85°F
Precip 50%
Wind: NNW 9 mph
Max. Humidity: 69%
UV Index: 8 Very High
Sunrise: 6:22 AM CT
Avg. High: 91°F
Record High: 104°F (2000)
Tonight:
T-Storms Early
Overnight Low 67°F
Precip 40%
Wind: N 6 mph
Max. Humidity: 87%
Sunset: 8:05 PM CT
Avg. Low: 68°F
Record Low: 54°F (1997)

Recognize this "monster", Sharon? It appears to be growing babies on the tips of some of the leaves. Can I pick them off and pot them up?

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 3b)

46F~~rain ended for now.
rann~loved the trip to Iceland via your camera and tour. So nice.
Deb~ 104 ~ what a difference between one end of the US and the other. Hope it gets better.
In response to the comments about lizards, pet chameleons, geico~~yes, marsue, they leave me a quivering mass:)) Very apt description....thanks for the heads up, MySharona.
Hopefully Gary has a peaceful day; he's become a very special person in our world, too.
se_eds~glad it's rained there; must have smelled so good outdoors.
Yesterday got away and not sure yet what today will bring.
knip~it's a beautiful knip~~
Joey~Niagra Falls.
I'Dd the tiny wildflower: "Glaucous Gentaian" and grows to 6". The ones we saw were not nearly that tall. They grow in Alpine tundra and meadows; we saw them in the tundra near the summit of our hike. Such a pretty tourquise color and was a sweet surprise to find.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Another beautiful day - temps in the low 80's now - overcast and cloudy, no rain predicted. E_B - your pictures are great!!

We are located 3 miles east of the Susquehanna River in a broad valley between two mountain ranges in a valley averaging 10-25 miles wide. The rain seems to be following the mountain ranges this season. Unusual - on the other hand we had not had any of the hailstorms, high winds and damaging storms that have occurred around us.

We are enjoying August's big red ripe tomatoes, cool cucumbers and watching the hummingbiirds - life is good.

(Zone 3b)

se_eds~sounds like a beautiful valley; veggies sound as good.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.