Photo by Melody

Weather: August Daily Weather, What's happening in your yard?, 1 by rannveig

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright rannveig

In reply to: August Daily Weather, What's happening in your yard?

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of August Daily Weather, What's happening in your yard?
rannveig wrote:
Good morning :-)

It's cloudy this morning, not raining right now, but I think there's a possibility of rainshowers today. 58°F and fairly calm.

marsue - I'm sure bicycling around Iceland could be wonderful in nice weather if you're in good enough shape to make it up all the hills and mountains ....... but cycling in 45°F - 55°F, rain and with the wind in your face is NOT my idea of a good time ;-) lol Also you've got your luggage on the bike with you - I would imagine it to get at least slightly moist when it rains and then sleeping in a tent after all that ....... I just couldn't do it. lol When I travel I need a pretty big suitcase to carry everything I need with me ;-) Couldn't fit that on a bike. lol

Sounds miserably hot for most of you - my condolences. So glad I'm here and not there ;-)

There was a report published yesterday on the effects of global warming here in the next century. As good as a few degrees warming sounds in the gardening department - having most of the glaciers dissappear would be hard to take. Hope the world wakes up and finds a solution before that happens ......

Hope you all have a great day! The girls want to go whale watching today. I'm not too keen on going in pouring rain so I'm not so sure that will happen today ......... The outlook is good in the wind department though ........ It's a 3 hour boat ride, which to me sounds exhausting ...... we'll see .....

Another photo from our Sunday drive .........

Rann