Garden Pics: Wish You Could See What I See...... #6

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Irwells, I was trying to get a feel for Texas. If he is near something like your garden then that would be great.

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Bea, Your garden is wonderful! A chaos of color...it is exactly what I picture the perfect cottage garden to look like in the spring! You can post as many pics as you want of that color changing jacob's ladder...I drool every time. Have been looking every time I stop at a nursery...I will find myself one! Penny the frog with her bubble necklace is great too!

Redchic, that is an awesome purple rhodie! The color is SO deep! I really like the color of the "pink" anenome as well...even if it isn't supposed to be that way!

Irwells, I agree with everyone that says the view from your throne is incredible! What a beautiful courtyard, and lovely yard too.

Mom, Your rhodies look great! So does the iris...that one just openend for me yesterday too! (wonder where I got it? :P)

Since Mom posted the purple iris, I will skip my pic of it and post the yellow one that came out yesterday instead. Noid, but for a yellow it is very pretty.

Thumbnail by Rarejem

And another double azalea opened last night. This is Rosebud. Can you tell that I love the double forms?

Thumbnail by Rarejem

My deep orange exbury that the dogs very kindly pruned for me last year actually has one flowering branch this year.

Thumbnail by Rarejem

And a brighter yellow iris close up. I just love the coloring and the beards of the iris.

Thumbnail by Rarejem
Eugene, OR

Beautiful pictures everyone!! So many gorgeous colors and amazing gardens.

I finally got in mine for a while today.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

All of my iris are opening now.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Another.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Love the color on this one.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR

Sally, Wow Wow Wow!!! Love all the iris, but the first one is WOW!

Eugene, OR

And this one.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Thank Julie, I like that one too. I'm drooling over Bea's colors too.

This doesn't show up good in a picture. The white is so crisp, it's really lovely.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR

Sally, That one topped the first one! Just gorgeous! Iris are really hard to get pics of in my opinion...maybe because of the odd shape.

Eugene, OR

Everything bloomed so well this year, guess they liked the awful winter we had. LOL

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

I agree about the pictures. I tried to get the centers, but some of them don't open up enough. Plus they're on a slope so it's hard to get the right angle without falling on my keister.

Here's one of my favorite spots to look at. Actually mom can see it from her favorite chair. It's in an area that is part hers and part ours, it got blended before either of us ever moved here and we've left it that way.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

This from the opposite side. From the street looking toward the corner of her house.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

And part of the iris bed. Note to self: must divide this year!!! Looking past my house to mom's deck.

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Eugene, OR

Part of the reason I have trouble taking pictures is this furball that walks by and makes all the flowers sway!! LOL

Thumbnail by Sally_OR
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Sally - so nice to see your garden. It's lovely!!

Eugene, OR

Thank you, it's still a work in progress. I didn't know how much it was lacking until on joined DG! LOL

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Sally your garden is lovely! I really like that view of the iris bed. My few iris are scattered everywhere. I love yours!

Thanks RJ... I agree completely about the double forms! great pics of them too!

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Sally, loved your iris pictures and the pretty views of your gardens. I was an iris nut back when I lived in Minnesota and still love them but have very few areas where they do well here because of lack of full sun. Daughter RJ has one lovely flowerbed in the sun that we have put most of my leftovers but, alack, not a huge variety of colors have survived. We have ordered more on occasion, but the slugs and the shade keep mine from being very good and her new colors are now just coming into their own.
Love the pciture of the iris with the furry underneath it.

(Lynn) Paris, TX(Zone 7b)

Jan23, does he know what part of town he'll be in?

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

No, they are down there this weekend. Hopefully he can transfer his job. His girlfriend was transferred. She has a very good job. Her folks are in Texas as well. Don't know where, though.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful garden and flowers Sally.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

September Morn.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Hotei

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Top Banana

Thumbnail by Willowwind2
Union, WA(Zone 8b)