Garden Pics: Wish You Could See What I See...... #6

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

coral bells at dawn by my pond.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

We were both up early this morning

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Morning exercises..one ...two.. one.. two, he can't count to ten yet!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Wide awake after exercise, a cup of coffee with beahive and a few laps in the pond!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Got Milk? This new little frog has a very light colored lower jaw.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh, boy. Now I've got to find some columbine. And find room for it. Guess I'd better get busy building the rest of my raised beds...

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

That is my issue...when your entire yard is 43 x 20 you run out of space quickly:(

Thumbnail by zhinusmom
(Judi)Portland, OR

Columbine is one of my favorites. And if I can grow it, anyone can! i like the lavender color as well, and prefer the ones with tails.

Katye your Rosa What a Peach is beautiful.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

I highly recommend What a Peach - she is quite a performer; strong canes, excellent disease resistance, good form, flowers bud orange, open gilded-peach & finish with a salmon-pink tone. It is a harder colour to work with - I am combining it with dark-purple/blue, white & some srceaming orange to peach callibrachoas.

Regarding Columbine - they have a more vertical to vase shape, and fit in well between & behind other plants. They tend to grow that way here, so they don't look "planted".
I was able to get a sampling earlier of what I have:
blue-violet

Thumbnail by Katye
Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

purple - this one was a cross with Nora Barlow

Thumbnail by Katye
Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

ruffly blue with a lavender tint

Thumbnail by Katye
Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

a dark purple. The blossoms in the left side background are the true colour. Those in front were in the sunlight & look washed-out.

Thumbnail by Katye
Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

raspberry-wine

Thumbnail by Katye
Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

clean white

Thumbnail by Katye
Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

another wine-purple.
OK, that's enough Columbines!

Thumbnail by Katye
(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Holy Toledo. They're all so pretty! Maybe I could squeeze some in the beds I have now... I don't think I've seen any columbine at Lowe's or Home Depot, but then again, I wasn't looking for them. I should go check and see if they have any.

Okay, since this is a picture thread, here's a delphinium I'm enjoying watching the progress of:

Thumbnail by the1pony
Eugene, OR

I am laughing at myself.....sitting here going oohh, aww, oh. LOL Beautiful pics again! One of these days I'll have time to go take pics again. Busy all day today, DH even took pitty on me...we went out for dinner.

The Columbines I have that made it through the winter were volunteers. Not sure why they survived and the ones I planted didn't. I can't keep delphiniums alive for more than one season, they never come back for me.

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Pony.... what a lovely Blue Delph!!

Katye.... I love all of your columbines!! you have quite the collection!

Bea... I'm getting tired just watching your frog.

Anyone ideas from anyone on the title of a new thread? I'll start it when I get up in the morning. June 1st already!

(Lynn) Paris, TX(Zone 7b)

Really like the Black Cherry, I'm going to look into that one. This is possibly the only foxglove that will ever be seen in my garden - never actually gotten them to bloom before, and not real prolific now.

Thumbnail by lrwells50
(Lynn) Paris, TX(Zone 7b)

So far I have been really impressed with Cinco de Mayo, bloom constantly like Knock Out. We'll see how she does throughout the summer.

Thumbnail by lrwells50
(Judi)Portland, OR

Such pretty pics everyone! Love the color of the delphinium. And the columbines! They look so great surrounded by other plants and they stand so tall. I like that cottage garden look they give to a garden.

Good Morning all. I still need some coffee. I'll start the new thread after that has kicked in.

Irwells, I agree with you on the digitalis. That one is a pretty though, and worth giving it a chance.

Time for a new thread already! This is great.

New Room!
New Room!!
New Room!!! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/996590/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.