Garden Pics: Wish You Could See What I See...... #6

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

My chive collection is a little overwhelming at this point, but I love the blooms and they are nummy!

Thumbnail by Rarejem
(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

And I'll stop with a cherry combo from one of my pots that I put together this weekend.

Thumbnail by Rarejem
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Rj. That Peony is awesome! The queen Anne bloom is so pretty and feminine. Sure looks like spring is in full swing up at your house!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Beautiful colors, Julie. That 'exbury' is outstanding!!! Love the hotness of the orange.

edited to say: Irwells, that red poppy is glorious!

This message was edited May 27, 2009 12:27 PM

(Lynn) Paris, TX(Zone 7b)

I have no idea what the name of the poppy is, I think the label said red/coral!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful pictures all.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

The Jacobs Ladder is still blooming like crazy.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

are the pink" ones bachelorette" buttons?

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Noid yellow roses in bloom.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

and this lovely too!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Here is a view of my front yard this morning.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This is the other side of the driveway.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Pasco, WA(Zone 6b)

BeaHive,
I have to say, your gardens are absolutely gorgeous!

There are so many beautiful photos I don't even dare to respond to each. But just beautilful everyone! I am really enjoying them all!
Sherry

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Sherrygirl, haven't seen you before, but maybe only because I have a few lapses in my computer time. At any rate, welcome if that is appropriate. I have a vacation house on the Potholes where my climate is more like yours, and enjoy comparing gardening notes for the E WA side as well as the W side.

Bea, is that perhaps a lanium along with your "jacob's ladder" ????? That doesn't look like what I have, but perhaps it is the close-up perspective. (The jacob's ladder, that is.)

OK, in another few weeks we can FINALLY start showing roses, too. Your yard is lovely and definitely coming into its own. Our color is just barely starting to show. A few iris are now out and more will be coming soon.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

PNW. That is lanium with the jacobs ladder. There are many varities of JL. This one is neat because the flowers are pink/white and some with lavender hues. They are long lasting . I have the blue flower and I am waiting for the yellow one to bloom.

Here are the flowers on my blue variety

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Hers is another shot showing the variation in flower color changes on this JL.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Welcome to the thread Sherrygirl. Or maybe it's "welcome back?" For me it's not really lapses in my computer time, it's lapses in my memory! I'm looking forward to anything that you can share with us!

Bea.... as i've said before, I would love to camp in your garden!

Irwells.... while that tag is a little vague, it's right! lol

RJ.... the pics were well worth being late for! I'm gald that you took the time to take them.

ohhhhh.... very pretty Bea.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks red...anytime!

This is Penny the frog. She was surrounded by some bubbles today.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Bea - I think you should put together a portfolio of your garden pictures. I guess you've already done that; you've put together greeting cards, right?

You could send that portfolio to nurseries and offer to sell them your photos for their catalogues. Seriously, your pictures are so much better than some of the ones they use!!

I agree completely katie!

one of several of my fav. rhodies.

Thumbnail by redchic01

a view of a larger flower.

Thumbnail by redchic01

a close up of a columbine.

Thumbnail by redchic01

I love the sheen on the back of this rhody flower.

Thumbnail by redchic01

a the front of the flowers.

Thumbnail by redchic01

I love the color of this anemone. it's something like a peachy pink color. I think that it's actually a red anemone, but the flower is stressed because of the weather. But, I like it.

Thumbnail by redchic01

another of it.

I think that's good for now!

Thumbnail by redchic01
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Kathy..I am slowly working on my photo buisness. Once the youngest gets off to PA for college in August and the oldest gets to her culinary internship (hopefully in GA if we can find affordable housing) , I will have an empty nest and can persue it 100%. Also The intrigue rose did not have a lemon scent when I sniffed it yesterday. I did not detect any scent. Could be my allergies and a stuffy nose... :)

Thumbnail by BeaHive

From my "throne" on the back porch this morning

Thumbnail by lrwells50

And looking towards the creek, which is just a euphemism for drainage ditch

Thumbnail by lrwells50

Our bridge across the "creek"

Thumbnail by lrwells50
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Lovely, Irwells. I like the view from your throne.
Is Paris anywhere near Houston? My youngest will be moving there soon.

Irwells, I agree with Jan... I love the view from your throne. Great work and design!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Wow. That is lovely, Irwells. It looks like a nice place to sip your coffee why the day starts to heat up.

Paris is about 350 miles from Houston. We're only 30 minutes from the OK border. Our youngest went to college at Rice in Houston, and she really enjoyed all a large city had to offer. (Paris is around 30,000, and two hours from Dallas.)

Have discovered that I have a "sunset" setting on my digital that helps a lot in capturing purples a little better. Here are a couple of my favorite rhodies.

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl

And Blue Peter

And the first of my iris starting to bloom.

Those are lovely Sharon. Blue Peter always catches my eye every time that I see it. Isn't fun to finally "discover" things on stuff that we've had all along. lol :-p

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.