Garden Pics: Wish You Could See What I See...... #6

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

I learned how to cook from her too! Just watching.She was formally trained in France as a governess. They had to learn to cook, clean and ironing as well a child care. She ironed everything including my Dads and Grandfathers boxers and ever her cotton dusting rags! She was a great lady and a wonderful Grandma. I am sure she would love my gardens if she was here. She has been gone for 34 years now .Hard to believe. My Aunts (her daughters) passed away 3 years ago one was 94 and the other 97- driving until she was 95 when they started making the parking spaces in town smaller. LOL! Yikes!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

red..I like that shot. Lots of reflection coming off the water drops. very nice.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Kate and RC, that makes me so happy!! With all those years of German I had, the wyJEEluh was hurting my brain.

Lovely story about your Grandmother Bea. I would love to hear her say Beatrice "en Francais". Where did she live?

Shelly, love your pictures - you and Bea have the backlighting down, for sure.

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Thanks Katie! I'm really glad that has been settled for you, and for the peace that your brain has now. lol. Yep, I love messing around with backlighting.... well, once I finally got a camera that could deal with it that is.

Thanks Bea.... what a great story. your grandmother sounds like and amazing person with tremendous patience! i'm sure that she's proud of your gardens! Your aunts must haves stories as well.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

red.. I finally located the full shot of the lovely "tutti fruti" colored Rhodie at Schreiners. It was just stunning!

katie..My GM lived in SF most of her life. She came to America at age 18 through Eliis Island in 1904 and was in SF during the 1906 earthquake. They lost everything, but started over and were very succesful with hard work and determination. We located the documentation of the arrival on Ellis Island for both with even
what vessel they came on. My grandfather came in 1901 and met & married my GM in 1904. The rest is History so they say!

This message was edited May 26, 2009 8:43 AM

Thumbnail by BeaHive
(Lynn) Paris, TX(Zone 7b)

My coneflowers are starting to open

Thumbnail by lrwells50

and gardenias are blooming

Thumbnail by lrwells50

I love calla lilies! I wish more of them were hardy in 7b.

Thumbnail by lrwells50

Unknown lilies

Thumbnail by lrwells50

Jacob Kline monarda

Thumbnail by lrwells50

Nacogdoches rose

Thumbnail by lrwells50

I love this gallardia

Thumbnail by lrwells50

Some daisy I don't remember the name of

Thumbnail by lrwells50

Gerber daisies

Thumbnail by lrwells50

The armadillos have been digging for grubs

Thumbnail by lrwells50
North Lakewood, WA(Zone 8b)

Bea there is hope for your daughter. Mine complained for years about having to do garden chores, but the seed was planted. Now she is every bit the gardener I am and she's 26. My grandfather was my mentor, plus I came from a long line of farmers. Grandpa always had flowers and was truly interested in them, not just in the wheat, corn and alfalfa.

Irwells.... great pics! Now, I must say, I was not expecting to see show where armadillos have been digging for stuff in their garden! it's just not something that you "hear" here. lol. Are they as destructive as raccoons?

I don't ever have a problem with raccoons in the garden, but the one time they got in the attic they certainly caused a big repair bill.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

I spy a fly....

Ginger

Thumbnail by beadmom
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Froggie spied me...

Ginger

Thumbnail by beadmom
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

In the planter at my motel...

Ginger

Thumbnail by beadmom
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful pictures everyone. Love the 'tutti frutti' and the lupine. Wow.

I planted a maple sort of under the magnolia today. My neighbor helped me, thank heavens. And we moved a rhodie that was in the area so it was better placed. Pictures later.

Ginger.... love the frog!

Sounds like a busy day Willow!

Eugene, OR

Haven't been around, not feeling well, better now. I haven't been able to do too much outside.

Too many lovely pictures to comment on. Love the TX pics! Beautiful flowers growing all over!!!

rc.....loved the water drops, but you knew I would. LOL I want big frogs!! I just have a thousand little noisy ones.

bea.....Schreiners is where I fell in love with and bought all my iris, went on a bus trip with a church group. Had a lovely day, bought some really nice rebloomers. That was three years ago, now I get their catalog every year and drool some more. The gardens were incredible even then.

Thanks Sally.... I'm glad to hear that you are getting better. I sure hope that it keeps going that way and that you're back to normal soon!

I have a few pics now

Thumbnail by redchic01
Eugene, OR

Thanks rc....I'll get there, hopefully soon. Just don't have any energy right now.

This bed I'm pretty ok with right now. However, I HAVE to move that hosta! It's about 3 x the size that it was supposed to get. What's more, I know that it will be at least a foot taller before it quits growing this season!

Thumbnail by redchic01

I know how that goes. Good luck!

It really gets to me that there was lint on the lense for this pic and the next one!

Thumbnail by redchic01

Last for now, probably a few more a little later.

Thumbnail by redchic01
Eugene, OR

That is a gorgeous hosta, a shame it liked that spot too well!! Don't tell anybody the lint is there, it just looks like background. I had to hunt for it and compare the two before I found it. LOL

lol... Yeah, ok... I wont say anything if you wont. haha.

Yeah, I like the hosta to, so it fits. I just need to find a better fit for it! I'll take a picture of it in a month ( I know that I wont get around to moving it before then), you'll be surprised at how much taller/wider it is.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Looked to me like tiny hairs on the stem . . .

I like the way you saw it Kathy! There are hairs on the stem. But, there's lint on the camera, it shows up as a red line in one pic and a grey blur in the other.

This message was edited May 25, 2009 11:43 PM

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

You are a perfectionist. :-) I guess that's why you get such great shots.

Thanks, but no. If I take 20 pics, one is bound to be decent. At least I hope so! Oh I have a pic for you to see that you would find interesting I think. One moment (hopefully you didn't immediately get offline :-p )

we're painting a few rooms in the house and moved Precious's cat tree into a room with a bunch of other furniture that had to be moved. i really didn't think it necessary and didn't want to move it, but didn't feel like taking on that battle. So it was moved. When she found her tree...... she didn't leave it for many hours today. Finally, others agreed that her cat tree could be put back in place and we could paint around it! lol. yep, she definitely has us trained!!

This was a pic that I got of her when she was pretty wound up (side down) about it.

This message was edited May 25, 2009 11:45 PM

Thumbnail by redchic01
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

red. That pic of your cat is great. What a clown!

These iris were so pretty last evening.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

and this combo was pretty as well.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

These dutch Iris look nice with the CA poppies.

Thumbnail by BeaHive

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.