Garden Pics: Wish You Could See What I See...... #6

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Something is growing up the stem of this bearded Iris. Not sure what it is.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Pinkus nameus unknownes iris

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Love these!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This Blue BI goes nicely with the dutch Iris.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This one is just yummy.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

The roses are starting! Yeah!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

I think these are called Black Cherry.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Shoot. I did miss this last night. What a cute picture of precious - she certainly knows how to communicate with the humans, doesn't she?

I'm still pretty far from roses, though the sun and heat of the last few days is certainly helping.

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Thanks Bea and Kathey! Yep, she does know how to communicate and is definitely a clown when she wants to be!

Bea... beautiful iris. I really like the one with the purple falls lined in white.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

When I started to head off into the woods yesterday after Bug, who had jumped the fence, I spotted a native lonicera just about ready to bloom. The orange of the blossom was outstanding and I disregarded the danger and moved toward it.

But, alas, the number of berry vines picked up and I was in shorts, so I gave up. I hope to get pictures today or tomorrow when the sun in shining. My woods have some wonderful natural treasures, many of which I wouldn't have seen had it not been for the dogs leading me a merry chase.

Kathy

it sounds as if your pets lead you around pretty well too! lol

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh yes!! I heard over the weekend that there was a Cougar siting in the block over from mine about 3 months ago. I don't know how likely that is to be true, but it makes me think twice about going out after dark, even if my yard is fenced. I live along several acres of mostly impassable woods that extends, I think, to the Tolt pipeline.

Coyotes, racoons, bears, bobcat, don't scare me much at all. But Mountain Lion is a whole different story. I'm grateful to have the dogs to give me warning. And, fortunately, the neighbors behind me have horses, so they'd probably give some warning, as well. Warning or no, I've been skittish about nighttime dog barking since I heard that.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful Iris. Love the picture of Precious. I used to have a long-haired tabby named Sashay. She always hung aroung upside down like that. Cute.

Willow.... I bet that your Sashay had a lot of personality to like to look at the world like that!

Kathey... I think that you're very wise to be very cautious! Generally speaking, they shy away from dogs, so having them around is a very good thing!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This Clematis is huge this year. The blooms are atleast 6 inches accross and one near the ground that must be 8". The vine has made it up to the roof along with the climbing rose that is there also. The rose should bloom soon and provide quite a show!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Lordy, I miss a couple of days and I am 94 posts behind on the new thread and probably 20 of the last on the thread before! Love the pictures everyone!

RC, that one of your cat is awesome.

Beautiful iris, lupines, clematis.......I am so envious of those of you that are ahead of us, but it is such a treat to get a "preview" of what the yard has in store soon!

Spent all weekend in the yard doing all of the "yucky" things that beat you up and leave you too tired to do anything at night but drop in a heap and sleep. Have lots of heavy work crossed off my list for this spring though, so that feels good.

Can't believe that the only pics I took of the garden in the last three days were of my goofy dog and an allium that is starting.

So, here is the allium.

Thumbnail by Rarejem
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

This is peeking out of the shrubs in the front yard of a house down the street. I just had to stop and take a picture. I have these, but they are not blooming. Maybe I need to move them to more sun. This one faces north.

Lonicera ciliosa:

Thumbnail by katie59
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Here's a blossom close up. Apparently the bees can't crawl down the flower tubes, so they poke holes in the flowers, stealing the pollen without depositing any. Natives used the vines to weave baskets, which makes sense, since a mature vine is like a rope.

Thumbnail by katie59
North Lakewood, WA(Zone 8b)

Beautiful Lonicera Kathy.
I bet it smells good too?

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

September Song Sorry it's not letting me post pictures.

Has anyone else had trouble posting pictures or exiting from Dave's Garden. Sometimes it won't allow me to close the screen.

And is anyone else really sick and tired of that mosquito ad flashing in your face all the time?

This message was edited May 26, 2009 7:42 PM

This message was edited May 26, 2009 7:43 PM

(Lynn) Paris, TX(Zone 7b)

BeaHive, what's the name of that beautiful fuschia rose?

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

No smell yet. I'm going to have to make a point of driving that way for the next few days to enjoy it.

Patricia, I don't think I'm getting a mosquito ad . . . I wonder if you have something else running that's taking up memory. Are you on a PC? If you press CTRL, ALT and DEL at the same time it will bring up a box that will tell you what you have running. Or you could just reboot and see if it helps.

Irwells, that fuschia rose almost looks like sweet pea, doesn't it?

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Irwells...had to go look at the tag. You are lucky as most of my markers seem to go missing.This rose is called Intrigue

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55751/

Does Intrigue have a lemony smell?

Bea... that clem is awesome.

Katie... I love the allium, a very pretty, bright, purple.

Look who opened today!!!

Thumbnail by redchic01

It was really difficult to get a picture of this one today since it was windy. The flower was moving everywhere, then the branches above were moving all over the place so every second it would change from; full sun, full shade, somewhere in between (what I was trying for) I think I took 30 pics to get one.

ok... now the picture. lol.

Thumbnail by redchic01

see the pink azalea behind the poppy above?

this is a close pic taken of it yesterday.

Thumbnail by redchic01

I think that this iris has fantastic colors.

Thumbnail by redchic01

a picture taken from the other side of the flower.

Thumbnail by redchic01

and the last, I'll let someone else jump in here with their lovely pics!

a close up of the flower petal.

Thumbnail by redchic01
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

OOOOOHHHH!!! pretty color
That iris is spectacular!

(Lynn) Paris, TX(Zone 7b)

I've been thinking about ordering that poppy for years, maybe I'll try it next year. These were my poppies about a month ago - I'm collecting seeds now.

Thumbnail by lrwells50

Thanks Jan. I love all of the colors in that iris. It will go with me when I move some day.

Irwells.... i love that poppy of yours. It looks like a pom pom. what kind is it?

Kathy, Love the honeysuckle! I have a few in my world, but they don't bloom so fantastically either. I think you are right with the shade thing. They are still a treat in the greenery aren't they?

Redchic, That blue poppy is something else! Well worth all of the picture taking just to sit there and admire it that long! Love the end result too. I really like the colors in the iris too. With the lighting, the pictures make it look almost unreal. Very nice!

Irwells, Your poppy is spectacular too! I had a big pink one like that last year (no idea where it came from, but you bet I collected seeds!) and just loved it. The form is wonderful!

I guess I did take one other picture this last weekend and forgot to share...this is my very most favorite noid tree peony. Pic wasn't the best, and I had my paw in it to show the size, but in reality it is just stunning. We took another pic with mom's camera, so will see if that one is any better and share it later.

Thumbnail by Rarejem

Now for the pictures that made me late to work this morning (worked hard in the yard again last night, and was not going to go in until I had at least taken the time to walk and enjoy for a change!)

Rhiannon's exbury is just starting. I don't think I can look at an exbury without being convinced that "it" is my favorite one!

This message was edited May 27, 2009 9:16 AM

Thumbnail by Rarejem

A close-up of the exbury....the smell is YUMM!

Thumbnail by Rarejem

My Queen Anne rhodie is just starting to bloom. I am in love with the double rhodies and azaelas!

Thumbnail by Rarejem

I actually had two iris pop yesterday. Didn't get a good pic of the purple one, but Fall Rerun was lovely....

Thumbnail by Rarejem

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.