An AlohaHoya tour

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha Shari!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Yokwe Jenny! How are you?? Was Santa nice??

Santa was very frugal this year, have I told you lately about the money pit?

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Oh Jenny...lucky you!!!!! We have a Mango tree, developed (wink wink nudge nudge) for our rain which always blooms when it is raining. in 6 years we had one fruit of which we were able to eat about a tablespoon.

Our solar works wonders, Jenny!!! Even on days when there is not SUN but bright light thru the cloud cover, we have hot water!!! in your area you should be able to sell it back to Helco!!!

a hui hou
Carol

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

You mean...where we throw our money and it doesn't come back?

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Jenny - been meaning to tell you...its the Cherokee that you sent that is doing so well...I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

I have a money pit too! It's in Colorado so I really throw far!

Okay...I'll chose something else then, if you still want some more?

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

I have SO enjoyed the pics here! I've always wanted to go to HI. I've always said God planted me in the wrong place- I should be in the tropics! I truly hate winter. Malabar Chestnut?! Are we talking Pachyra here?! If so, what a difference outside air and lots of light makes compared to my houseplant Pachyra!

Dianesjungle, aloha and welcome to TG! You will meet a nice bunch of people here who are also tropical nuts!
Jenny

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Only 46 more days. Oh heaven.

Welcome, Diane. We are passionate people with a joy for life.
Glad to have you join us. More fun things in the works.

This message was edited Dec 28, 2007 8:35 AM

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Welcome, Diane! Who you calling a tropical nut, BHM?! LOL I am a Tropicaholic! HE HE HE And loving ever millisecond, too! LOL I love the tropical forums because everyone is so 'down to earth' and always cheery! :) HMMMMM maybe it is the tropicals that makes everyone that way? Think I could convince DH I would be much happier if I had more?! LOL

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm thinkin' that if all of us that want to be islanders moved...we would sink the island. hahahah

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

I bet you are right! LOL

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the welcome all!

Lou- are you saying in 46 days you'll be in HI???

Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

Yes Christi, what is going to happen in 46 days? We are waitinggggg:)

Debbie

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

That's the plan. Will leave DFW on FEB 13 and back home on the 20th...maybe. Could just cancel that return ticket. hehehehe

Just been browsing around some of the island web sites. Ohhh, what heaven.

Port Vincent, LA(Zone 8b)

Well Christi, I am jealous. Please bring back lots of photos. What part of HI are you going to?

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

Yes lots & lots of pics PLEASE?! And if you decide not to come back, they do have internet there to post those pics, so no excuses!!!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

We will be visiting Jenny and her DH, Braveheartsmom at Kihei, Maui. She tells us that is the best time because the whales are running with their new calves. Never dreamed in my whole life I would see such beauty. Blessed lady. Oh, and of course, DH will be with me.

Saint James, MO(Zone 6b)

Green with envy here Christi! ☻

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

And Carol is going to join us. and maybe Lily_love and her DH will be on the island at the same time.

Lubbock, TX(Zone 7a)

The whole family!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

There is a party being planned for the whole family.

www.davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/799610/

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

electricity here is rediculous..I think it's the highest in the nation...
Ours is 250 on a good month 400 a month during the summer...all new double insulation in the house..but I need new windows...that will cut a 100 bucks a month I'm sure.

My Hawaii date is arriving all too quick..I think I'll start panicking soon, making sure loose ends are tied up.

South Venice, FL(Zone 9b)

Ouch, that's a whopper of an electricity bill! How long will it take for the new windows to pay for themselves in the lowered power bill?

A trip to Hawaii, what an adventure! Christie, is this your first visit there?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I've been blessed with multitudes of trips to Hawaii. One year (when I had my passport Shari) I was sunbathing in Oahu, and met up with a bunch of flight attendants for Continental.. we were having a good time, so a few of them invited me to go on a Guam turn with them...so I did..I went to Guam with the crew..had a great time..I do spontaneous weird things like that.

Probably a long time on the windows...they are so expensive...now if I put them in myself...that might help on the price.

Another chore to add to the list! Traveling sounds like more fun...

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Hi Diane! Welcome, welcome!! Jenny - if that question was to me...need you ask???But please let me either pay for the postage, or send you something in return! What would you like?
Randy...you liked Guam? I really don't. But I have been told its because I haven't been to the right area, so I am willing to give it another chance.

Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled programming! Here is todays batch of pictures of Carol's place.

#10 What better way to start, than with some more of her wonderful hoyas?

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

#11 There was a path through this lovely wilderland, but it was so hard to stay on it...I kept wanting to wander off to see what was behind all the beauty lining the path...

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

#12 I posted one similar to this above...but the airiness and grace of this is really amazing to behold.

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Love your descripture, wilder-land. Definitely have a way with words. Bought a set of luggage today. Getting ready to see the world. Yes, it is my first trip anywhere that I couldn't pretty much get to in a motorhome. However, I have been to San Francisco a couple of times...and Boston. Nothing ever in my life like this trip. I am so excited somedays I just know I must be dreaming. If I can't get DH to sell the motorhome, well, just watch out! Of course, he is going with me so we will see...
Christi

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh gosh! The one beautiful red bloom peeking out. Great!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

No, I didn't like it either...it's devoid of wild life and boring...I'm sure the underwater gardens are good though.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

There is a fantastic aquarium...just about the only thing I enjoyed. Christi, San Francisco is probably my favoritest city in the world! Grew up there, and compare all other cities to it...some have come close...none better.

How's this for some blooms???

Thumbnail by Islandshari
New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Carol...what beautiful gardens you have!! Shari, thanks for sharing!!

Ditto that, what a great tour.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

I had seen these little mickey mouse faces in pictures, but never in person till I saw these.

Thumbnail by Islandshari
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh. are.those the little bat face somethinanothers? lol

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I understand that there all kinds of rules and regulations about taking plants from HI to Texas. Anybody know how to circumvent such? Randy? Shari? Carol? Jenny?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Why yes...take box, pack full of plants and cuttings, seeds and what not...take to FEDEX, or UPS use your own address as a return address...mail to self..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.