August Daily Weather #III Summer's winding down!!!

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

Kiska - great photos from the fair :-) Love the one with the barn and cheery yellow flowers in front - so pretty :-) Yes those are my girls checking out the "eyeglass" spring ;-)

Joey - What a gorgeous photo :-) I've missed your lake shots ;-)

Sharon - great cloud photos :-)

Marylyn - sounds like school's off to a good start ;-)

Thanks everyone - Sidney - stupid would be very painful if he'd have fallen in ;-) It made me feel really uncomfortable because I didn't really want to witness that ...... oh well, I got a good photo out of it and no one got hurt fortunately.

It's been raining since yesterday a very steady, fine, misty kind of rain - hardly any wind at all and 54°F. It's supposed to rain today and tomorrow at least - possibly Friday too.

Rainbow over Golden Falls (Gullfoss) on Sunday :-) I think I found the end of the rainbow ;-) lol

Dyson - hope you are doing alright :-)

Everyone have a great day!

rannveig

Thumbnail by rannveig
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Joey – I love what you did with the picture! That is hysterical about you and Garrett during the “dinner” conversation! I love the looks of goldenrod, but my nose gets itchy! That is a beautiful picture of the river.
Kiska – It looks like everyone had a great time at the fair. The flowers are glorious!
Rann – I believe you did find the end of the rainbow! Such a gorgeous picture!

77.4 °F / 25.2 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 91% :(
Dew Point: 74 °F / 24 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 79 °F / 26 °C
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Helluu!! We have a temp of 68* & it's supposed to be another scorcher today, but should be cooling off tomorrow (some).

Pepper, Glad it will be cooling down for you as well. :-)
Thanks Kiska, I'd guess that 67* really does feel like 80* to ya. Those flowers are gorgeous! A lot of planning there, with the beds.
Rann, thanks...I hope to take some more river pics today. Since I lost all of mine in the January "crash"...I thought that it was high time I replaced some of them. :-) I Love that shot of the falls...the mist & rainbow reminds me of Niagara...Beautiful! :D
Thanks Sharon, Glad that you liked the "redoing" of your pic...w/2 cw's! :D I laughed & laughed when Sidney pointed it out to me! Everybody in the house thought that I was Nuts, because I couldn't quit! :D Have you ever had that happen??? ~ something just strikes you as funny then you can't quit laughing? :D

Today's trivia is another hurricane one...
Hurricane Andrew was the costliest natural disaster in U.S. history, at the time it hit. In what year did Andrew cause so much damage?
a) 1991
b) 1993
c) 1990
d) 1992

Good Day All!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Bright, sunny, 73° (F)

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 83%
Wind: 0° (N) at 0mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.18in
Yesterday's Precip: in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 74°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 90°F
Dew Point: 66°
Visibility: 5mi
Ceiling: 1800ft
Heat Index: 72°
Wind Chill: 72°
6hr Precip: in
6hr Low Temp: 71°F
6hr High Temp: 78°F

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Joey: Love the river pic. My trivia answer is D, 1992.
Enjoying everyone's pics.
Rann: Ooh - amazing rainbow!

Dyson - continued hopes for your quick recovery.

Warm and partly cloudy. Hi 92, chance of late afternoon thundershowers.

Deb

Joey _ yes I do get the giggles like that often! Trivia answer is D – I think today is its’ 15 year anniversary. Gorgeous picture!
Dyson – Glad to see you up and about. We’ve missed you!
Deb - How's it goin?

90.5 °F / 32.5 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 40%
Dew Point: 63 °F / 17 °C
Pressure: 30.15 in / 1020.9 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 91 °F / 33 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 10 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3500 ft / 1066 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m

Rest of Today
Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then chance of mainly inland showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Taken yesterday

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful pictures everyone! This is one of the highlights of my day to come into this forum and see the pictures and how everyone is doing. Thanks guys!!

I have a seen a lot of the passion flower vines growing here. I think that some people call them May Pops . I noticed that some of the pods are getting ripe so I am going to start collecting them and try to get the seeds out. I will let you know how it goes and if successful I will be glad to send anyone interested some seeds.
Have a great day!!

Wanda

Fair ~ 84°
Feels Like: 91°
Barometer: 30.14 in and steady
Humidity: 70%
Visibility: 10 mi
Dewpoint: 73°

Today: Areas of dense morning fog. Partly to mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms this afternoon. High 92F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.

Tonight: Variable clouds with thunderstorms, especially early. Low 68F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.

My first try at growing a watermelon. Not quite ready yet. :0(

I was told that is was not a Crimson Sweet but a Charleston Grey type instead.

This message was edited Aug 29, 2007 5:29 PM

Thumbnail by bamagirl35973
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Bamagirl: U have D-mail. :)
Deb

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

One of the hottest days of the year. We've gotten off relatively easy to far this year - not very many days over 100F.

Updated: 3:51 PM PDT on August 29, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
105 °F / 41 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 18%
Dew Point: 53 °F / 12 °C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h / 3.6 m/s from the WNW

This message was edited Aug 29, 2007 4:33 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Like that picture, Kelli. Stay cool. :)

Thanks, Deb. When it's that hot, I just stay inside unless I absolutely have to go out, and that rarely happens.

The fire in Santa Barbara County is just about out. It has burned over 240,000 acres. I tried to get a grasp of that size by comparing it to things I know. That is about half of the Allegheny National Forest, 34 Malibu Creek State Parks, over 857,000 of my yard, or almost 1 million of my parents' yard. It's hard to get my brain around numbers like that. (That is also almost 1/3 the size of Rhode Island.)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

That is rare out there Kelli try to stay cool!

Well how has our weather been.....

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IS CANCELLED...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN WILMINGTON HAS CANCELLED THE
EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING. HEAT INDEX VALUES HAVE DROPPED BELOW 100
DEGREES.

This is August 29th we have had
26 days over 90
of them 16 days of 95+
of them 7 days of 99+

Officially we have had 1.53" of rain this month.
We actually have had a bit more....
luckily several of the scattered T-Storms and Showers hit us here.

The trees here are all shutting down, as are the Perennials.
Too much heat stress during the day w/ hot hot nights on top of that.
The yard looks bare in areas that usually are lush and full of flowers this time of year.
Luckily we had a bunch of annuals potted up this year so we can kind of fill in the empty spots.
Usually we wait for late Fall to do yard projects. This year we've already started.

This was our first waterfall and stream built 6 years ago.
It's being revamped.... radically! lol
Ric

This message was edited Aug 29, 2007 8:58 PM

Thumbnail by henryr10
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Here's it is sitting in the path.... lol!

Thumbnail by henryr10
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Radical? I think So! :D Glad the heat wave has broken for you. Maybe ours will break, too. :D Can't wait to see you project after you finish! :D

I don't know what the temp today was, but Bluefield got up to 90* & we're usually about 8* warmer (hotter in this case!) I've been to Sandstone Falls in the New River Gorge...standing out in the middle of it! It was so Low! Some of you may remember the shots from last year...you wouldn't believe it.

Dyson, You almost sound "cheery"! :D How are you feeling? Are you staying put like the nurse said? Hope so...
Kelli, That sounds like an aweful lot of land burned. Glad that it's finally getting under control. Hope you can get outside tomorrow.
Wanda! That water melon looks like it will be real Yummy! :D Let us know...
Thanks, Sharon & Deb....I have some more. :D

But 1st! the trivia...the answer is...D
Thankfully Hurricane Andrew didn't leave a high death toll, however 200,000 people were left homeless and there was 16.6 billion dollars in damage.

The River (Sorry...you all get to look at these for a while) ~ out in the middle.
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Dark, 70°(F),

Stitches get removed today.

I have been eating fruit & cottage cheese for my breakfast in the mornings (vitamin C & protein for healing), yesterdays strawberries were a nice surprise.

Wish I had gotten more done around here before the trip to Charlottesville, but I am hoping to be able to do more shortly. Everyday, the simple things I can do for myself become easier to accomplish & I am continually trying to add to the list.

Relative Humidity: 79%
Pressure: 30.06in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 71°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 93°F
Dew Point: 66°
Visibility: 10mi
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 73°
Wind Chill: 73°
6hr Low Temp: 76°F
6hr High Temp: 85°F

(Zone 5a)

Thanks guys :-)

Wanda - that watermelon looks yummy - must be so cool to be able to eat one you grew your self :-) I love watermelons.

Joey - I don't think I'll ever get tired of your river photos ;-) Beautiful!

Ric - wow! Looks like a heavy duty project - keep us posted on the progress :-)

Dyson - glad to hear that you are on the mend :-)

It's actually not raining at the moment, but we're expecting more today. Currently it's cloudy, breezy and 55°F. I'm pretty sure that we won't see more 60's temps until next summer ...... I kind of miss them already ;-) lol

Another one of the Golden Falls - the lower part of it.

Hope you have a nice day :-)

rannveig

Thumbnail by rannveig
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Good news Dyson!
Sounds like the healing is going well.
DON'T over do it..... remember .......baby steps ...... :-)

Well the High isn't supposed to break 90 for a week....
as it's 75° right now at 6 AM...we'll see.....
Ric

Ric – I’d say radical is a good word! I can’t wait to see the finished product. I’m glad to hear the heat wave has broken. It’s been a bad HHH summer all around.
Joey – I will gladly look at the river pictures you post! The water looks so cool! Great pic! May I use it?
Dyson – You sound good! Keep up the great work!
Rann – another lovely photo – may I use it?

73.8 °F / 23.2 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 70 °F / 21 °C
Pressure: 30.00 in / 1015.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 73 °F / 23 °C
Visibility: 8.0 miles / 12.9 kilometers
Clouds: Few 3000 ft / 914 m
Scattered Clouds 7500 ft / 2286 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Patchy fog early in the morning. Partly cloudy with a slight chance of morning showers and thunderstorms...then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. North winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the northeast in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Well, I'm back to watering the lawn! No rain for about 4 days. Look closely at this picture. I thought at first NASA had sent up another mission, but when I got a better look, it is a plance contrails. Looks like they were going straight up!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Pretty clouds yesterday

Thumbnail by MySharona

poinsettia is getting ready for winter!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Helluu!! And a good mornin' to ya! It's 67* as the hummers are hitting the feeder. :D We have a good chance of rain this afternoon...can't wait!

Dyson! :D Glad that the stitches come out today (they were probably gettin itchy anyway). Sounds like you are progressing rather well! :D Keep up the good work!

Rann & Sharon....thanks & you are most certainly welcome to use them! :D
Rann, I love that close-up! Wow!
Sharon! Your Poinsettia! Huge! Does it change color in the winter? And you're right! the clouds are reallly pretty. :D

Today's trivia is....
Winter brings steady rains to this city, as the "storm door" to the Pacific Ocean opens for days or even weeks at a time.
a) Fairfield, CA
b) San Francisco, CA
c) Sacramento, CA
d) Stockton, CA

Have a Great Day! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 5a)

Thanks Sharon and Joey :-) Sharon you're most welcome to it ;-) Your poinsettia is looking good :-) Very pretty clouds.

Joey - another great one :-)

We got a rainshower earlier, now it's stopped raining again so it looks like it'll be an on and off deal today ;-) Temps up to 57°F ........ not too bad :-)

The path down to the falls was a bit wet - it always is ;-)

Thumbnail by rannveig

It is going to be a hot one again today. It was already close to 80F at 9AM. Remember that I told you last winter that we get our bad weather in the summer?

I guess I'm going to have to write a letter to the woman in the house behind us. (The way our yards are situated, I never see her.) I've gotten really, really tired of hearing her t.v. or radio almost every day. We suspect that she plays it when she isn't home but we aren't sure. I can hear it all over the backyard. I just want some peace and quiet in my own yard. Am I out of line? What do you think?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Write it! :-) She probably has no idea it is bothering anyone. When I was single, I left my radio on all the time, too. I hated being alone in an empty apartment, and the radio was company. And I figured if the radio was on when I wasn't there, maybe a potential thief wouldn't realize the apartment wasn't occupied.

It thunderstormed yesterday afternoon and is likely to again today. Other than that, it's just middling hot and very humid.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 11:53am CDT (51 min ago)
Temperature 84 °F 29 °C
Dew Point 75 °F 24 °C
Humidity 74%
Pressure 30.12 in 1019.9 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 92 °F 33 °C Overcast

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Joey":The little waterfalls look so inviting. :) I guess, B - San Francisco.

Kelli: Tell her.

HHH, but not as bad as it was. Low 90s today, late chance of isolated T-showers. Hope so. Don't want to water....again. :)
Deb

Great pictures all, as usual.

Earlier this summer, DH didn't want me saying anything to the woman behind us, but I think he's getting tired of that t.v., too. He thought it would just go away on its own. As long as he isn't opposed to it, I'll ask her to turn it down. I have no reason to think that she's being deliberately obnoxious. Like Marylyn said, she probably doesn't realize how loud it is. For whatever reason, sound really carries here.

According to the newspaper, it got up to 109F yesterday. I'd say it will get hotter than that today. For the most part, this summer has been slightly less hot than usual, up until now.
Updated: 12:51 PM PDT on August 30, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
106 °F / 41 °C
Clear
Humidity: 19%
Dew Point: 55 °F / 13 °C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h / 3.6 m/s from the ESE

An excessive heat warning remains in effect until 7 PM PDT this
evening.
Near record temperatures along with slightly higher humidities will
result in heat index values of 105 to 110 degrees this afternoon
across the Los Angeles County valleys and mountains. Temperatures
will slowly cool during the evening hours below heat warning
criteria.

I think this is in someone's yard, rather than an official station, so I don't know how accurate it is. It can't be too far off, though. I just came in from the garage and I could hardly breath out there.
Updated: 2:27 PM PDT on August 30, 2007
Observed at: West Valley, Winnetka, California
Elevation: 790 ft / 240 m
112.1 °F / 44.5 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 23%
Dew Point: 65 °F / 18 °C
Wind: 2.0 mph / 3.2 km/h / 0.9 m/s from the East
Wind Gust: 11.0 mph / 17.7 km/h / 7.2 m/s
Pressure: 29.83 in / 1010.0 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 119 °F / 48 °C

I'll guess B for the trivia question, but only because there is not a "none of the above".

This message was edited Aug 30, 2007 2:31 PM

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

OMG,so many wonderful pictures !I have to catch up with you, guys !
I also have lots of pics to show you from my trips to Bulgaria and Italy...which should I start with ?Let me see...with a view over the region of Lombardia,from the Sacred Mount of Varese! We actually climbed to the top !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

This is a church from the Sacred Mountain !"Sacramonte"- the Italian name - is a mountain on which they built 14 churches with statues inside, up the hill, each representing Jesus' life, since he was born until his death. The way is beautiful, but hard, we had to climb up 800 metres , almost half a mile, still the beautiful churches and the view from the top are worth it ! Every church is upper and after a curve .

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Joey - This is the 3rd year for the poinsettia, it gets bigger and fuller every year. It’s bloomed some, but not a whole lot. I’m hoping this will be a banner year for it! The river pics are gorgeous! Is this a river you can swim in or is it too fast? I’m going with B.
Rann – Great picture of the waterfall!
Kelli – write it! Like Marylyn said – she probably doesn’t realize it’s that loud. I hope you get a cool front soon! That’s really hot.
Adina – So glad you’ve made it back! I can’t wait to see the rest of your pictures! They’re wonderful so far!

87.3 °F / 30.7 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 46%
Dew Point: 64 °F / 18 °C
Pressure: 29.88 in / 1011.7 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 89 °F / 31 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
Clouds: Few 4200 ft / 1280 m
Scattered Clouds 8000 ft / 2438 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Now
Through 745 PM...isolated showers and thunderstorms will develop and move into areas near McAlpin...Taylor...Bryceville...Lake City...Raiford... Lake Butler and Green Cove Springs. Expect brief gusty winds...dangerous lightning and heavy rainfall with thunderstorm activity. The showers will move southeast at 5 to 10 miles an hour.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rome, GA(Zone 7b)

It's been raining on and off today. It has been a lot cooler as well so that is a nice change. Fall is just around the corner!!:0)

Fair ~ 73°
Feels Like: 77°
Barometer: 29.93 in and steady
Humidity: 100%
Visibility: 5 mi
Dewpoint: 73°

Tonight: Scattered thunderstorms, especially during the evening. Low 68F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.

Thumbnail by bamagirl35973
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

adaminti - your photography is just great. You are showing us places that most of us will never go. Thanks for posting them.

Our weather:

Millersburg, PA (17061)
Save Location [ English | Metric ]

Weather for your life

T-Storm
76°F
Feels Like
76°F
Updated Aug 30 07:45 p.m. ET
Watch the Harrisburg Forecast

UV Index: 0 Low
Wind: From N at 2 mph
Humidity: 84%
Pressure: 29.97 in.
Dew Point: 71°F
Visibility: 7.0 miles
NEW! Advanced Storm Tracking
Millersburg
It was 97 degrees on the town bank clock today. Nice now. Hope we get some rain. So far has been thunder lightening and a little wind.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Adina: Looks like a wondeful trip! Looking forward to more.

We did get our t-shower this evening. This was the sky as it was getting near. :)
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

All the photos are Lovely!
I especially like the Lombardi shots... what a beautiful area!

Well we had rain at work today...maybe 1/4" .. it was cooler today though.
It's now 77° and going for 61° by morning....
Still no rain in sight on the 7 day forecast,
but temps will be 10 degrees cooler during the day so 80-85° and near 60° at night.

We picked up some Solar Candles today at Lowes.
They actually flicker and look just like real candles including a nice golden glow.
One set are lanterns hanging from a shepards crook, the other looks like a torch.
Very heavy metal construction and 75% off..... a steal!

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=188178-30383-LV54161-SG&lpage=none

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=187658-30383-LV56399-JV&lpage=none

The waterfall is cranking along.
I'll have pictures tomorrow morning.
I've got a 4 day weekend going!!!

Ric

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Yehaw Ric!!!!
Bargain and a long weekend.
As I was returning home this evening the strangest thing, little drops on my windshield. The closer to home the more drops and right here in my very own yard there was a soft drizzle.
Thank You God, Thank You.
;)

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Yeah! Sidney! You got relief for you & your plants! :D

We had a great day w/a high of 85*...to be honest I thought that I would never say that! I like it 70* & below.
Deb, that looks like some great thunder heads building there! :D Love 'em!
Adina! Great to have you back! I see that you have had an exciting time. (and some real exersize!) Please post some more of those great pics! :D
Ric, I will be waiting on those long week end pics;)
Thanks Sharon, the river (IMO) is way too fast to be swimming in, but some folks do. The Shawnee (& others) called it the river of death, which was quite accurate. There is always at least one person that drowns every year. Farther down river there are a lot of white water companies that provide many trips (many lengths). I have a pic that, even at very low water level, shows a whirl pool (eddy). Those things will suck you up in a heart beat. And even tho I walked out in the center of the river, I didn't get my feet wet. I know bettter.
Kelli, I think you should talk to her if Dh ok's it. I prefer doing those sort of things in person, but if she's not around a letter will suffice. Try to stay cool...
Thanks Rann, I love the mist! It could be called "mistical" ;)
Deb, the falls do draw you to them! I go about 3 times a year...can't stay away. :D

The answer to the trivia is...B
The Pacific Ocean waters along the California coast are relatively cool. These cool waters bring cooler weather in the summer, and warmer weather in the winter.

Nite...
(up on the top of the pic is the whirlpool)
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 5a)

Good morning everyone!

Great photos!

Adina - so nice to see you back - wonderful photos - I'm looking forward to seeing more :-)

It's a bit chilly this morning, 53°F, breezy and drizzles on and off. It's supposed to cool down into the 40's after the weekend so it seems that summer really is over ...... (sigh).

Selma by the upper part of the Golden Falls - the sun was getting in her eyes ;-)

Hope you all have a great day!

Thumbnail by rannveig
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

69°(F), Dark. 40% chance of showers for today.

Relative Humidity: 87%
Pressure: 30in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 69°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 93°F
Dew Point: 64°
Visibility: 5mi
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 68°
Wind Chill: 68°
6hr Low Temp: 70°F
6hr High Temp: 74°F

Deb – Pretty sky pic!
Ric _ I’m sending DH to Lowes today!
Sidney – We’ve got a damp lawn this morning. I’m not sure when it rained, but am so happy it did!
Joey – Your river is sneaky! It looks almost calm in the picture until you see the whirlpool.
Rann – The falls look like they are right behind Selmar, kind of like the ocean! Great pic!
Good Morning Dyson! It's still DysonDark here.

75.4 °F / 24.1 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 73 °F / 23 °C
Pressure: 29.85 in / 1010.7 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 74 °F / 24 °C
Visibility: 9.0 miles / 14.5 kilometers
Clouds: Few 7000 ft / 2133 m
Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft / 3962 m
Overcast 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Highs in the upper 80s. Southeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Did I read that right? Highs in the upper 80's?!! YAY!!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! Cooler and drier air will build our way today and tonight as high pressure moves in behind the front. We cannot rule out a stray shower or two through the afternoon as a band of energy swings through today, although most of us will remain dry and see decreasing cloud cover. Highs today will be in the upper 70s and lower 80s with clear to partly cloudy skies overnight. At the moment the temp is 68* & I'm hoping some rain shows up. I was all around us yesterday...maybe today will be our turn.

Sharon, that sounds almost chilly for FL. But those pretty clouds would make up for it. :D
Rann, That is a great shot of Selma squinting. :-) It 's amazing (& great contrast) how the sky is so dark & the water so white & foamy!
Dyson, I hope we get those 40% chance of showers! Are you allowed to get outside at all? How did the "stitch pullin" go?

Today's trivia is...
Wind is the most noticeable factor in this city's weather, a factor made more conspicuous by the flatness of the local terrain. The winter brings chilly north or northwest winds as well as periods of rain, freezing rain, and snow. Which city is it?
a) Las Vegas, NV
b) Albuquerque, NM
c) Wichita, KS
d) Phoenix, AZ

Have a Great Day All! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Oh Joey what a blessed life to have that river so close by.
It's damp and sunny, but overcast.
Rann, Selma is so beautiful.
My Trivia is Wichita, Ks
;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.