Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Weather: August Daily Weather #III Summer's winding down!!!, 1 by music2keep

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright music2keep

In reply to: August Daily Weather #III Summer's winding down!!!

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of August Daily Weather #III  Summer's winding down!!!
music2keep wrote:
Yeah! Sidney! You got relief for you & your plants! :D

We had a great day w/a high of 85*...to be honest I thought that I would never say that! I like it 70* & below.
Deb, that looks like some great thunder heads building there! :D Love 'em!
Adina! Great to have you back! I see that you have had an exciting time. (and some real exersize!) Please post some more of those great pics! :D
Ric, I will be waiting on those long week end pics;)
Thanks Sharon, the river (IMO) is way too fast to be swimming in, but some folks do. The Shawnee (& others) called it the river of death, which was quite accurate. There is always at least one person that drowns every year. Farther down river there are a lot of white water companies that provide many trips (many lengths). I have a pic that, even at very low water level, shows a whirl pool (eddy). Those things will suck you up in a heart beat. And even tho I walked out in the center of the river, I didn't get my feet wet. I know bettter.
Kelli, I think you should talk to her if Dh ok's it. I prefer doing those sort of things in person, but if she's not around a letter will suffice. Try to stay cool...
Thanks Rann, I love the mist! It could be called "mistical" ;)
Deb, the falls do draw you to them! I go about 3 times a year...can't stay away. :D

The answer to the trivia is...B
The Pacific Ocean waters along the California coast are relatively cool. These cool waters bring cooler weather in the summer, and warmer weather in the winter.

Nite...
(up on the top of the pic is the whirlpool)
Joey