August Daily Weather #III Summer's winding down!!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning. :-) Yayy for Sidney, bamagirl, and Deb's rain!!! We're supposed to get some more today - and all weekend, for that matter, and, as usual, I wouldn't mind passing it along to someone who actually NEEDS it.

Ric, those lights sounds great. I think I need to send my dh to Lowe's, too! :-)

Joey, yikes.. I'm glad you don't go swimming in the "river of death". I wouldn't either!

Rann, that's a fantastic picture. :-)

We have a babysitter coming tonight, and dh doesn't know about it yet. :-) I need to get the house cleaned after homeschool is over. I haven't quite decided what we're doing... We'll see how much money he wants to spend. LOL I think we'll either go to a new indoor Kart track (something dh has been wanting to do for a while) or just go to Half-Price Books and wander around... And go somewhere to eat, of course. :-)

Partly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent in the morning increasing to 50 percent in the afternoon.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, and Joey, I'm guessing B.

(Zone 5a)

Thanks everyone :-)

Marylyn - that is a great idea - hope you two have a wonderful time :-)

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Nice pictures, Adina and Rann.

It's alreay hot this morning. Officially, it got up to 109F yesterday. They're calling for the same for the next three days.

Updated: 8:51 AM PDT on August 31, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
84 °F / 29 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 47%
Dew Point: 62 °F / 17 °C
Wind: Calm

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Icky, Kelly! Wanna come down here and cool off? It's only going to be in the 90s! :-)

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Let me tell you, it is intense. It's a lot more humid than what I'm used to. My hair and skin like it, but the rest of me is going "blah!" (BTW, what do you think about them firing Phil Garner?)

Here's a picture like Bamagirl's of yesterday.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Thanks,guys! . At the top of the Sacred Mount in Varese town, we ate on a terrace of a small restaurant, surrounded by flowers, watching the wonderful view.This is a view from the terrace .

Thumbnail by adinamiti

This is from where Pope John Paul II ,in 1984, travelling to The Sacred Mountain, blessed Varese and the surroundings.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Another view.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks Adina those are beautiful.
I am going to work tuesday right here in Jax! Yeah!!!!
It's raining and thundering right now.
Marylyn Hope you and Charles have a wonderful date.
Sidney

DH,DD and her BF on the terrace.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

They had pelargoniums arround.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Those are all gorgeous, Adina!

Kelli, I would rather have had them fire just Pupura and keep Garner. I think Garner did the best he could with what he was given. Pupura, on the other hand, traded Willie Taveras (and 3 good minor league guys!) for Jason Jennings. Aye yi yi...

Yayy for rain AND a local job, Sidney!! :-)

Back to cleaning the house...

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

nasty storm coming throught - gotta shut down for a while.

79.7 °F / 26.5 °C
Thunderstorm Rain
Humidity: 66%
Dew Point: 67 °F / 20 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 29.91 in / 1012.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 82 °F / 28 °C
Visibility: 7.0 miles / 11.3 kilometers
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 2700 ft / 822 m
Mostly Cloudy 4500 ft / 1371 m
Overcast 7000 ft / 2133 m

Tonight
Mostly cloudy until midnight then becoming partly cloudy. A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog in the late evening and overnight. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds 5 mph.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Great photos all!
Adina: That looks like a great place to have lunch during a hard day of sight-seeing. Beautiful!

Only got up to 87F today. Had some rain early so no watering! Yay.

Trivia: I guess Wichita.

More "Golden Showers".

Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Here's a new thread!!! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/766682/
Come on over.
Sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.