June Daily Weather II; Plants are a Jumping!

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

C. Weather same as yesterday.

Another pic of the lake.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Deb – Welcome back! Can’t wait to see some pictures!
Marylyn – Your weather off the Gulf is heading into West Florida now. We’ll see some of it tomorrow or Thursday.
Se_eds – Vibrant color on the lily! It really catches the eye!
Kiska – The erosion has been around since about 2001. The hurricane season of 2004 didn’t help. It seems like every time we get a storm off the Atlantic it just makes things worse. The sea oats are supposed to help, but they just wash away. I see Mr. Moose is happily wandering the area! The fires are still around? I thought they had been extinguished.
Kelli – Spectacular flower! Pismo Beach. I think I’ve been there, but it was about 25 years ago.
Adina – Our prayers go out to you and your family and that your mom recovers fully and completely. 113 – is that normal? Do you get the dry heat or is it humid?
Joey – Cute bird house! I’m going to say D. Antarctica
Pepper – Another great picture of your lake!

77.4 °F / 25 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 68 °F / 20 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.24 in / 1023.9 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 78 °F / 26 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 4000 ft / 1219 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Partly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s inland... in the mid 80s coast. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

You know you’re getting older when DH says “It’s too hot to go to the beach”!!! LOL!!!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We're 6 inches OVER normal, Joey, not short. We didn't get very much yesterday after all, for which we were very grateful. It's sprinkling right now. I guess D, just for the exotic-ness of it. :-)

Adina, I hope your mom recovers soon. 113°.. yikes!

Deb, welcome back! Please post pictures if you took any. :-)

Kiska, I'm sorry about the fires. I'll be praying that they get them under control quickly so no one else loses their homes. How awful...

Dyson, here's another sunset picture for you.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 9:53am CDT (35 min ago)
Temperature 86 °F 30 °C
Dew Point 75 °F 24 °C
Humidity 71%
Pressure 30.13 in 1020.2 mb
Wind Speed 14 MPH 12 kts
Wind Dir SSE 150°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 96 °F 36 °C
Current Conditions Few Clouds
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 77.0°F / 25.0°C
3 hour precipitation ending 9:53am CDT : Trace

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
(Zone 3b)

good morning - 52*F- very bright but overcast. Fires still burning; nearly 10,000 acres and 60,000 on the Kenai. Thanks Marylyn - love the sunset photos..
Dyson - and, with the loss of daylight now, it's just going to get darker...
pepper - the lake is sure a pretty one.
MySharona - too bad the grasses haven't helped with the erosion. and, too hot to go the beach must be really hot:))
Joey - C - have you followed the B-12 glacier/breaking off? The size of Manhatten; I haven't checked on it since it happened, about a year ago.
adina - Best wishes and get well soon for your mother. Love camomille there.
Nearing the top - 4 grandkids and daughter. (ages: 3, 4/12, 6, 71/2.).
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Prayers for your mom, Adina. And 113F - uuggh!!! I didn't think it ever got that hot in Europe except maybe in Spain or Greece.

Kiska, are fires in Alaska normal? Has it been dry up there? BTW, I enjoyed your ghost town pictures. Abandonned places always fascinate me. Have you ever gone to Bodie when you were down in CA?

(Zone 3b)

Kelli - Fires are normal; it has been drier than normal and with all the spruce trees killed over the years by the beetles, there's a real problem.
We have been to Bodie. It was over 30 years ago, our children were quite young, but they recall the ghost town and loved it.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Howdy all
Adina, So sorry to hear of that stroke. I too will add her to my prayers.
Deb, glad you are home and hope the coleus survived your absence.
It barely sprinkles here, but looking for rain tomorrow. We ought to get rain 2 days after south Texas.
Hot!!!
Sidney

Here's a link to all the wild weather going on. From floods and heatwaves in Europe to the USA.
Still almost 90 at 7pm....

http://weather.msn.com/

86.7 °F / 30.4 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 44%
Dew Point: 62 °F / 17 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 8.7 mph / 14.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 87 °F / 31 °C
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 3000 ft / 914 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then a slight chance of showers after midnight. Lows in the lower 70s inland...mid 70s coast. East winds 10 to 15 mph decreasing to 5 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Must be summertime. Temp was 103 deg. on the town square bank clock. Only got to 95 deg out here 3 miles from town. Dewpoint is 67. Still no rain since last week. We are promised evening thundershowers, but until I feel them, I won't believe it. Ric, if you had rain - maybe some will slip in here.

The daylilies, bless their tough little hearts are blooming but are shorter than normal.
Take care all.

Here is a species cross daylily.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

I adore daylilies, but can kill them in a heeartbeat. Yours are always magnificent and very brave too.
Sidney

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Evening! Hot! Hot! But a little rain...just enough to heat things up! & make it more muggy. We're supposed to get somemore showers this evening.

Se_eds, Hope you get some of the rain that Ric got. Love that lovely Lily! :D
Sharon, Thanx for the link...and Love the beach pic! :D
Sidney, hope you get some rain sooner! You should post some pix of your garden in progress! How's it coming?
Kiska, I know that you all had a blast! on that trip! :D Shoot...I would have loved it myself, but I'll settle for the tour! :D I have seen some articles about it (the B-12 glacier), but haven't heard anything lately.
Marylyn! That is the most Amazing! sunset! Wow! :D

On the trivia for the day...Sharon, you got it right, but you Also got it wrong! :D
The answer is C~ Antarctica! :D
The Lambert Glacier in Antarctica, is measured at 386,102 square miles.

This is a pic I took after the nice shower this evenin'....
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Beautiful picyutres everyone!
But Kiska I got to say that is one ugly Dog!

We had temps in the 90's (but I'm working in AC for the first time in 25 years) so ......
Another T-Storm popped up as I was getting home....
Lots of Drama (flash boom) but no wind. Maybe 1/10" of rain.
It's drizzling now. Humid, Humid, Humid!
90's again timorrow then
Thurs and Friday we're supposed to have soaking rains.
Then temps in the lower 80's and mid 50's for a week...

Just installed the new window AC in the bedroom.....
it's 70 w/ a 40% humidity and dark.......
I'm thinking dragging out of bed at 5:45 tomorrow morning may be tough.....

Ric

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Se_eds: I love that daylily! Can't believe the temps you're having up there. Only got up to bout 89 here today. Sunny with a light breeze. Just right, as far as I'm concerned.
Joey: Yours ldaylily ooks like it's saying "Ahhhhhh."

Dyson: Here's one for you. Taken at sunset last week, somewhere iff the Pacific coast of Panama.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
(Zone 3b)

se_eds: 103 anywhere would be so hard to take. It's 67* at 5:30 this evening and feels so warm out - wish we could "save" some for later.
Music2Keep: glad you liked the tour of Independence Mine. I'll show you the ice in the entrance to the tunnel, too. The lily is so pretty w/rain drops on it.
ric - don't you think that "dog" is just too homely not to be cute>) Hot/humid, not too familiar w/that but when in Cancun and Orlando, learned right away it's not pleasant.
Deb - the photo is fantastic. So glad you had a great trip.
Ice in the tunnel entrance/last Friday.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

Joey, your photo look lavishly sprinkled - would love to see mine like that for a day or two.

We are down to 86 degrees. I don't hope that is going to be our overnight low. LOL We are used to temps in the 50-60's at night.

Hot and humid and brought home a new kitty today. Will explain tomorrow. could sleep right here so dead tired. lol.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Thanks for your prayers and good thoughts !
Yesterday it was such a hot day, the hottest since1918 !!! Luckily,it rained at night...it was a terrible storm, just when I was out with Boss...so we ran back home and saved ourselves from the branches which fell all over !
Mom was well,a little bit better , her blood pressure was lower : instead of 17,was16 . She had a perfusion with Manitol for clearing the blood in her brain. I asked the doctor about the results of the brain scan and she told me that it shows mom had a few other minor strokes...which she didn't report?!...and this one was a cerebral stroke (infarct).They were optimistic about her recovery,so we're hoping for the best.
Thank you again,your prayers are so appreciated and they helped a lot !
Look how our house looks like now,with the poles and staircase !They haven't taken off the wood sheets yet !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! It's gonna be another scorcher for us! We're off to a good start...it's 67*.

Adina, I do hope that your mom continues to improve! And you take care of yourself, as well! Your House is gonna be Massive! :D Progressing right along! :D
Se_eds, Hope you get some of the rain! I'll have to do "the dance"! for ya!
Thanx Kiska, That ice is somethin' else! How far below the top (or surface) are you in that pic?
Deb! Wow! Love it! :D And you're right! The lily probably Was saying "Aaaahhhhh"! :D

Well, the TV station didn't send me any trivia today....maybe later.

Have a Great Day! Everybody!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Se_eds – I gotta ask…Is 103 normal for your area? We haven’t hit the 100’s…yet. I remember my Mom having a bunch of those yellow daylilies. Reminds me of her.
Ric – A window unit. I haven’t seen one of those in a long time! Everyone has central heat/air. It’s too hot for too long to not have it.
Deb – Beautiful sunset!
Joey – Nice dewy pictures!
Adina – Your Mom may not have known she had strokes before. People can have them and not know it. Strokes are a scary subject for me. Still praying for your Mom to recover quickly and completely. Your house is really shaping up! I bet you’re excited!

The giant slurping sounds you are going to hear today is our plants and lawns getting rained on!

78.3 °F / 25 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 69 °F / 20 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1021.9 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 80 °F / 27 °C
Clouds: Few 3000 ft / 914 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Locally heavy rainfall possible. High 89. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

71°(F), Bright, Sunny skies w/ patchy clouds, the first peeks of Blu in awhile.

Reporting Station: KROA
Relative Humidity: 81%
Wind: 0° (N) at 3mph
Gusts: 0mph
Pressure: 30.24in
Yesterday's Precip: in
Yesterday's Low Temp: 68°F
Yesterday's High Temp: 92°F
Dew Point: 66°
Visibility: 7mi
Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: 72°
Wind Chill: 72°
6hr Precip: in
6hr Low Temp: 72°F
6hr High Temp: 78°F

Victoria Harbour, ON

In high 90's at the moment - humidity 53%...winds starting to come up..were 30 kl.

We have for our area the following as an alert...

SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE EARLY THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THIS IS AN ALERT TO THE POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WITH LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS. IF THREATENING WEATHER APPROACHES TAKE IMMEDIATE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS.

THIS IS A WARNING THAT SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. REMEMBER SOME SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCE TORNADOES..LISTEN FOR UPDATED WARNINGS. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT ONTARIO RECOMMENDS TAKING COVER IMMEDIATELY WHEN THREATENING WEATHER APPROACHES. NOTE..A SUMMARY OF ALL WARNINGS AND WATCHES FOR SOUTHERN ONTARIO IS AVAILABLE IN THE WWCN11 CWTO BULLETIN ISSUED IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THIS BULLETIN. PLEASE REFER TO THE LATEST PUBLIC FORECASTS FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

WEATHER RADAR AND SATELLITE SHOW SCATTERED SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE DEVELOPING IN THE HOT AND HUMID AIR. THESE STORMS ARE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING TORRENTIAL RAIN AND DAMAGING WIND GUSTS UP TO 100 KM/H.

This message was edited Jun 27, 2007 2:39 PM

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Thundering in the background, Lost power a couple of times today. 85°(F)

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yikes, Betty! Please be careful!

Adina, it's so exciting to see your house coming along! :-) I'm glad your mom is improving and is getting such good care. We're still praying for her, and for you and your family, too.

It's closer to mostly cloudy than mostly clear, but there is certainly more sunshine today than we've seen in quite a while! There is only a 30% chance of rain today, so hopefully we'll get a break and things can start drying out a bit.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 12:53pm CDT (59 min ago)
Temperature 89 °F 32 °C
Dew Point 73 °F 23 °C
Humidity 60%
Pressure 30.09 in 1019.1 mb
Wind Speed 12 MPH
G 17 10 kts
G 15
Wind Dir S 170°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 98 °F 37 °C
Current Conditions Mostly Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 78.1°F / 25.6°C
6 hour max temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 89.1°F / 31.7°C

I can't take credit for the sunset pictures.. they are from a series that my sister took a few years ago while she was vacationing somewhere in Florida. I think they are gorgeous, too! :-) My husband took this picture here in Houston.

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

Great pics everyone ! It's getting a little cooler here,if 100 means cool !LOL we're expecting more rain tonight, but still is so drought !
Mom was well,spoke better and even laughed about an old lady who came in the hospital last night and has been screaming ever since !LOL She calls different persons and talks to herself,so they couldn't sleep well at night...and mom had a bigger blood pressure in the morning because she got nervous about the screams...ugh ! I told her not to get nervous anymore and try to rest, as much as she can...she needs to get better, not worse ! The doctor came and made the old lady a sedative or something,for keeping her calm.
Thank you so much for prayers and advices, it means so much !
This is the moon seen from the inside of our apartment...just a minute ago,while I was checking on DG threads !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 3b)

2pm, sunny, calm, 68*F.
Adina, glad your Mother is doing better; the house is coming along and to see the moon, in summer, is a real treat- kinda of forget about it during the summer 24hr daylight hours.
Music2Keep, the ice was at ground level. The tunnel is blocked off a few feet inside but occassionaly there will be tours. I absoulutely love that color/flower.
MySharona - I thought I heard something last night:)) glad you had some rain.
Dyson -- how's the storm by now? (2pm my time)?
Betty - sounds ominious there, too.
Marylyn - heard about some terrible rain in Texas, so sorry for the loss of life.
Backyard yesterday. The gkids' treehouse/still under construction, is to the left.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Sharon & Marylyn: Love your skies.
Adina: Thinking of you and your Mom. Hope she continues to get better.

No rain here for several days now. None forecast til the weekend, so I'm came back from holiday, straight into my watering routine! Most everything's blooming. Now if I could just get rid of the Japanese beetles....
Only to 87F today. Low tonight 69. Clear but humdity is lower than normal so that's nice.

These were just little buds when I left 2 weeks ago...
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Behind again.

76* and more thunder than rain this afternoon. We got over 7'' of rain Thursday into Friday. All mine soaked in, but my Dad, brother and uncle in the other end of town had yards under water.

I'm walking down the highway taking pictures of Dad's house and barn. The water is almost into the old chicken house.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

yikes! does he have a canoe? or a kayak? or something built for with the idea of floating in mind?

(Zone 3b)

Deb - what a wonderful welcome-home blossom. Is it a "black-eyed susan"? Very bright.
bp - wow - glad it's not any worse; that's bad enough.
Simple "homestead rose" now in bloom. Very fragrant and grows in wild manner.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

One more~~

Thumbnail by kiska
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Kiska, beautiful rose!

Dyson, the big boat is behind the tree :))

Here's the little boat :))

Thumbnail by billyporter
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Darkening now, calm, gray & 81°(F)

bp I think he should unstrap the stern of the boat and leave the front tied loosely, that way it will float (the trailer will not hold it down to swamp) and it will not float away. BTW my stepfather had the same model truck.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Adina glad your Mother is progressing so well!
That is one big house there! Love the watch dogs!
You ought to get one of them big suckers from Kiska!

We had another 3/4" of rain this morning and 1/2" late this afternoon.
Straight down and heavy duty rains!
Total rain time maybe 45 minutes....

Ric

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Dyson, the old truck has seen it's day. My brother used it for years. They pulled it out of the water with a tractor.

High 70s, somewhat muggy. Cloudy and sprinkles off and on til 4. Then it started raining buckets.

Here is my new kitty Curly. Has a bulls-eye on both sides.

Thumbnail by pepper23
(Zone 3b)

10pm, sunny and so nice out. We attended one baseball game, (7 year old Gson), and then, a soccer game, ( the 4 1/2 year old Gson). The fields are adjacent so we just walked from one set of fields to another. It was great.
henryr10 - perhaps Adina could use my "watch cat" that takes on those "big dogs":))
pepper23 - what a sweet looking kitten. Love designer look her coat has.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Thank you for your good thoughts and support !
Kiska,here is a collage with different fazes of the moon ...I love taking pics of the moon and I'm trying to improve those pics everyday!LOL

Billy, I hope your Dad is well with all that water!

Ric,I'd love some watch dogs from Kiska's place...not the watch cat, poor thing, among all those doggies !
I'd better get going,it's already 10:30 and I have to go to the hospital and mom's place, to take care of her flowers and kitties.She has a good neighbor who feeds them every day...I just go and pet them and love them for a while,so they won't miss mom too much !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Kiska – Such a beautiful lush lawn! It’s hard to believe that just a couple of weeks ago you were covered in snow! Beautiful roses! I want to come over and play in the tree house!
Deb – Pretty flowers!
B_P – OMG – I thought you we’re in TX with all that water. They’re floating too. Are your parents, uncle and brother okay? I agree with Dyson, they may need that boat to get around.
Pepper – He’s precious! Curly!
Adina – I’m so glad your mom is doing better. Did you tell her she’s got prayers coming from all over the world? Our prayers will continue for her improved health and well being.

77.5 °F / 25.3 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 68 °F / 20 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Falling)
Heat Index: 79 °F / 26 °C
Clouds: Few 3000 ft / 914 m

Today
Partly cloudy. Isolated showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Forgive me Sidney for crashing your thread..I just need a place to complain and hope God reads this thread.

Yesterday on GMA, I saw how it is raining sheets over central US and they are having extreme flooding and they showed how they had to resque two girls from their car that was about to get swept away in a current.

Here, in my part of GA, if I few drops hit my windswield while I'm driving, my heart starts to get joyous only to be let down with the knowledge that it was the winshield cleaner bouncing off another persons car. I can't say my garden looks bad.. it doesn't look bad.. I have irrigation and I spend lots of time watering in the parts that aren't irrigated on my legal day to water... Yes I do have days where it is illegal to water and the water parols make it a point to admire my garden repeadedly on those days. It's not just about the gardens, but the lakes and streams are very low here as well and that effects lots of other things.. We will be getting a well dug soon, and that will alow me to water as needed with no restrictions, however, I just wish to heaven that it would rain already. It did this last year, and then June started to shape up and rain... still nothing here.

Grass lawns are brown. :(

Thanks for letting me vent!

Susan

Thumbnail by soulgardenlove
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Mornin! It's 62* this damp mornin'. We got a little more rain last night. Thunderstorms are predicted to start at noon, with heavy rain (3/4-1") at times. :D I hope the trout farm gets some. We have had this little "smidgion" of rain at the house, but the Trout Lodge (4 miles away - as the crow flies) hasn't had any. Everything is turnin' brown & the fish are sufferin'. If it doesn't rain up there soon, we could be in for some big trouble.

Sharon, Keep those beach pictures comin! Love them... :D
Sally, I have been watching Texas & their flooding, but I had no idea! that you were getting it too! :-O Take care!
Adina! I Love the Collage! Great! (More prayers for your mom...)
Kiska, the play house looks like loads of fun! :D I Love the rose! My granny had one just like that many years ago....Smells Soooo Good! :D
Pepper, such a "Cute, Curly, Kittie!" :D
Marylyn, I hope that you're not getting flooded, like I have seen on the TV! And your DH took A great Night sky pic! Wow!
Deb, is that a Black Eyed Susan? Nice surprise! ;)
Ric, Glad you finally got some rain! and some AC for some easy "snoozin"! :D
Betty! I Hope & Pray the wind has died down! :-O Take Care!
Susan! I am praying that you get the needed rain; & will do a little rain dance, too!

The trivia for the day is....
What is the largest river to dry up in the world?
a) Nile
b) Amazon
c) Yellow River, China
d) Danube

Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.