June Daily Weather II; Plants are a Jumping!

(Zone 3b)

Sorry to have to tell you just how nice/cool it is here today...low 50's and should stay right there all day.
The smoke has cleared out of the valley, there is some rain on the fires to the north of us. The fire down on the Kenai (Peninsula) is still going strong.
Glad you've enjoyed a brief visit to Independence Gold Mine. There are still a couple of active gold mines up in the area; mom/pop type. Gold panning is allowed in the Little Susitna.
Hope the hot weather will break for you - must be miserable.
Take care, Dyson - thinking of you.
MySharona - Callie is quite a fun cat - love seeing where she gets herself.
Sidney - hope you get it planted before it's too hot out.
Kelli - very beautiful fushia and glad it came back after the frost. They are very popular here, too.
Ric - sounds good with cool drizzling weather.
Snow melt...

Thumbnail by kiska
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

topsy-turvy, what an odd name for a cat ..... looks perfectly upright to me.....

Well we worked for about 6 hours in the yard today.... (took a break to help my neighbor Jon move some metal roofing).... wasn't really work.
Today was clean-up, re-pot, do crafts and arrange the containers in the yard day.
We still have to do some minor work on the house side of the backyard.
Also move about 10 each 24-36" logs but basically.... the work is done and the play begins.

Here's the latest on the backyard.
4 weeks ago were no plants behind the iron.....
It still looks a little linear because we need to use the pathway for the two wheeler and the wheel barrow.
Also as Tropical growers we're still 4-6 weeks away from lush growth on many of the plants. The Bananas and Canna will be taller than the gazebo.

Ric

This message was edited Jun 24, 2007 8:25 PM

Thumbnail by henryr10
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Went to church then stopped by the beach for the sunset and have some ice cream.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Looking South

Thumbnail by MySharona

Looking North

Thumbnail by MySharona
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Hey no fair there on the ice cream!!!

Today it got HOT and MUGGY. It got to high 80s but the heat index was in the low 90s. I did alot of hwy driving to meet up with a friend and my shirt and jeans were palstered to me from sweat even though the windows were all down and back window was open. lol

East(ish)!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Showing the erosion we've experienced

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Even! We are having some thunder! :D We've had a little rain & will get more! :D

Sidney, Glad you're reclaiming your "land"! :D ~ It's wonderful to be able to start over... ;)
Sharon, you have one silly kitty! :D (she's in cognito) ~ Gorgeous sky pix!
Jackie, love the snow melt & am glad that the smoke is Clearing!
Dyson, I'd bet that it is Dark! ;)
Ric! That is gonna look Super!! Are you gonna use the bar stool? I really like the looks of the iron "fencing". :D Have fun! :D

The trivia answer is ... C ~ 5,250 ft. !
On May 2, 1999, near Mulhall, Oklahoma, a tornado was measured by the University of Oklahoma's Doppler on Wheels at 5,250 feet.

The thunder is getting Closer! :D
Have a good evening!
Joey

(I like the rushes)

Thumbnail by music2keep

Joey - some sea oats for you!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Wow! Sharon! THanx! :D

This is some sort of grass, but don't know what...
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Joey, that looks like zebra grass to me. Does it have any varigation on it?

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Yep, it looks like my spider plant, but I thought that this was Zebra grass...(not a good pic)

Thumbnail by music2keep

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. It was hard to tell in the first pic if it was zebra grass or not. The thickness reminds me of it. And you last pic is a good pic. Can clearly see the markings that make it unique.

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Joey the tornado you referenced was 1 block from my DB's house in Del City. He got softball sized hail and was thankful that was all that happened. I went to work the next day at Martin's Creek, Pa.
Ric, the yard is shapping up. Looking great.
I didn't get near what I had hoped done.
Too dern hot!!!
;)

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

50 degrees on the porch this AM - high got up to 80. Still low humidity. The sunny days with the nice breezes are drying things out again. Supposed to turn Hot and Humid this week.
I ws out and about at 5:30 this AM. "Jolly White Giant" is an early morning opener and looked nice and fresh as the weather was cool.

Thumbnail by se_eds
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Mornin! It's a very warm 65* It will be a scorcher today. (must - wake - up)
My Aqua Prof. is coming fishing with his GD today....

Se_eds. that's a Beauty
Sidney, glad that your DB only got the hail....but at that size! That could do some serious damage!

The trivia for the day is...we're still on tornados.
What is the greatest measured pressure drop inside of a tornado?
a) 10 millibars
b) 25 millibars
c) 50 millibars
d) 100 millibars

Have a Great Day! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Pepper – Come on out, sit on the warm beach with the 80 water and have some ice cream with us!
Joey – Hmmmm. There was a tornado in Nebraska in ‘04 or ‘05 that was 2½ miles wide. The rushes are beautiful! Neat picture! Are different fish in the separate pools?
Ric – your yard is looking really nice!
Sidney – So glad your brother wasn’t harmed. I can’t imagine hail that large.
Joey – I’m going to say D.

Thumbnail by MySharona

79.7 °F / 26.5 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 76 °F / 24 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.18 in / 1021.9 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 85 °F / 29 °C
Visibility: 3.0 miles / 4.8 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 2500 ft / 762 m
Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft / 3962 m

Today
Partly cloudy. High 89 coast. East winds 10 to 15 mph.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Hello everyone!
Just got back from Costa Rica last night and haven't had a chance to catch up yet.

I can say though, that it was HHH in C.R. It's the rainy season there. Plants, plants, plants! I loved it.
I'm told we had showers here several times while I was away, so maybe the drought's done.
:)
Deb

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Bright, gray, 76°(F) same old, same old.

Many strong t-storms last eve in the area, but none here

Everyone have a good day.

It is nice out for now. Will get hot.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Same here.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It's 79° and overcast here. We're getting our weather off of the Gulf today, which means we're going to get random cells of thunderstorms and showers wandering through all day long. We're expected to get anywhere between 1/2 and 4 inches of raining, depending on how many cells wander our way and how fast they move away. Tomorrow's weather is expected to be about the same. Woo hoo.

I thought this table from our newspaper's weather page was pretty telling.
http://weather.chron.com/US/TX/Houston.html

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

hot, sweaty and humid....... :P

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

A smattering of rain about 4AM - did not measure in the rain gage, but the grass was wet. We have had HHH move in now. 40% chance of a thunderstorm ( I hope). Supposed to be HHH all week.
Asiatic lily is blooming.

Thumbnail by se_eds
(Zone 3b)

1:45pm - 60*F, mostly cloudy.. The rain has helped the firefighters and is slowing the growth. There's over 50,000 acres and 3 dozen homes/cabins destroyed down on the Kenai. There are fire fighters from Oregon and a plane from Canada to help. Up here, in the Susitina Valley, it's nearly 10,000 acres and haven't heard about buildings.
Music2Keep - the trout farm is so pretty in inviting. Love your grasses and blossoms, too.
Sugarweed - the heat continues, I see.
MySharona - Has the erosion being going on for some time? The sunset photo is just great; the sea-grasses as well.
DebinSC - welcome home; thought that's where you were.
Dyson - I am having a good day; thanks. Hope you're doing "ok".
se_eds - wow, 5:30am yesterday is early to me. With DH retired now, sleeping till 6-6:30 seems so extravagant. Love your flowers.
pepper - good for now - did it get pretty hot?
Hi kellie/Marylyn
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

86°(F), bright, gray dern am I in a metropolitan area w/all these gray skies? Looking for BLU!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Evening! It has been HHH here as well. It didn't take long to dry up the rain that we got last night! But I here more Thunder! :D Maybe I won't have to water my flowers! :D

Hope every one gets some rain ~ Nothing like a heat wave! :P
Marylyn, Glad that you are getting some of the "wet, cooling, relief"! :D But it looks as tho you are still down a bit from the "norm". (assuming I read it right!) ,;)
Jackie, thanx. :D The Hydrangia (sp) is at work, as well as the grasses. Glad to hear the smoke is "leaving".
Deb, Glad that you're back! :D I'm anxious to see some wonderful pix! :D Glad you had a good time.
Se_eds, What a Beatiful Asiatic lily! Gee. :D
Sharon, another great pic of the ocean! :D

The answer to the trivia is....D ~ 100 millibars
On June 24, 2003, a probe was successfully placed inside of a tornado and it measured a pressure drop of 100 millibars.

Have a Great Evening! :D
Dyson....some "BLU" for you!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Standard issue stuff here, not much I can say.

Updated: 3:51 PM PDT on June 25, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
87 °F / 31 °C
Clear
Humidity: 30%
Dew Point: 52 °F / 11 °C
Wind: 10 mph / 17 km/h / 4.6 m/s from the ESE

pride-of-Barbadoes

Thumbnail by Kelli
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Ooooo, Kelli! What Is that lovely flower?

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Kelli - nothing is "standard" though there are many days like others as far as the wx is concerned, been watching the fire reports from Calif. glad you are not in the way of that "monster".

Joey is right - pretty!

Hope everyone has a good night.

Hot and muggy today though it has cooled a little. At times there was a nice breeze but then the breeze would totally quit and it would be muggy again. Ugh. My dad wanted me to get some fishng in today. I didn't. lol. Too hot.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We had lightning all around from 4:30 till about 5.
Then Gusts around 50 MPH started... then probably 1 1/2" of rain in 30 minutes.
No wind during the rain though... how odd....

Ric

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Thunder, no lightning, the fox is on the porch, the cats are hiding under the house.

I am so bored, someone rescue me! The thunder is getting closer & louder.

K, I am tired and the pain meds are working overtime, you'se folks have cheered w/me pics before.

I need to tear a car down for a dear lady tomorrow and I have old rock playing.

75°(F) - flashing red is not a good sign.

This message was edited Jun 25, 2007 10:28 PM

Here's something from the ol' "archives" - Pismo Beach, Dec. 4, 2005. I hope you find it pleasant. :-)

(Joey, the flower is pride-of-Barbadoes. It's a bush.)

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 3b)

Just lost the post - will try again.
The photos are great, just love seeing all these places w/out a plane trip, or even longer, drive out.
59* at 8:30pm - pretty warm for sure. The fires here are still growing according the news update just now. Just awful about the fire down at Tahoe, too.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Sorry for being away for so long !My mom had a minor stroke last week and now she's in the hospital. It's been so hot here and many people have had health problems.Today it's supposed to be the hottest - at least 113 !!!!!
I'm going to the hospital now and BBL !
This is the camomille growing near our new house !I'll post more pics tonight !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

68°(F), Sue just left for work, and it is very dark.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good morning! It's 68* with very little rain last night.

Dyson, did you get any of the storm last night? It was pretty bad in Giles Co. (just next door) They had hail to go with the heavy rain. And should you be working on a car?
Adina, Glad you're back! :D The heat sound nearly unbearable! I hope that your mom makes a full recovery. Do take care....Your new house is going to be so exciting! with all of the neat wild flowers! :D
Kiska, He/She looks like she's on the prowel! ;)
Kelli, That's a great ocean shot! Very Pleasant! A shrub? Really Neat!
Ric, that was a Down Pour! A Soaker! Usually, when we get a heavy rain like that (w/no wind, during) It sits over top of us for a long while.

Where is the world's largest glacier?
a) Alaska
b) Australia
c) Antarctica
d) Siberia

Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.