June Daily Weather II; Plants are a Jumping!

(Zone 3b)

Thank you - we sure love our view; but love seeing the ocean, too.
Looks as if you'll need to keep dry today - must be something to have rain in hot weather. Steamy?
The flowers are really beginning to get going.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Kiska- Pretty - Is that your lawn? Cute bear!
75.9 °F / 24.4 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 75%
Dew Point: 68 °F / 20 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 4.0 mph / 6.4 km/h
Pressure: 29.88 in / 1011.7 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 77 °F / 25 °C
Visibility: 2.0 miles / 3.2 kilometers
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 800 ft / 243 m
Mostly Cloudy 1400 ft / 426 m
Overcast 5000 ft / 1524 m

Tonight
Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and isolated evening thunderstorms. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 70. West winds 5 mph becoming variable after midnight. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Damp day! Damp night!

Here's a beach picture for you - taken on Sunday

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 3b)

MySharona~ thanks for the trip to the beach; looks great and inviting. Yes, that's our backyard. Very few flowers "in the ground". Containers and hanging baskets are what we use. I buy the starts and then, transplant into the container.
It's 2:30, sunny and 72*F...bet there'll be thunder again.
Wild Chocolate Lilies in the yard.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Mauna Loa is 13,680 ft above sea level but goes down 16,400 below so at 30,080'
it's the world tallest mountain. More useless trivia... lol!

Sidney as you were the first to see this in bloom in person.....
This one's for you....
BTW I will have seeds from your Bloom..

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

I had forgotten about Mauna Loa!

It was supposed to get to 89* today but it only got to 75* with a breeze. Almost cold at times. But no complaints. We rather have this than the really hot weather.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Hey, Marylyn, the Astros are going down tonight! They're going down!!! ;-)

Updated: 5:51 PM PDT on June 20, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
90 °F / 32 °C
Clear
Humidity: 17%
Dew Point: 40 °F / 4 °C
Wind: 6 mph / 9 km/h / 2.6 m/s from the NW

Anyone who wanted seeds of nigella, send me an e-mail. The seeds are ready.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Evening All! We have had a really nice day. The rain yesterday settled all the dust & the farmers got all their hay put up.They were really working hard at it yesterday! ;D

The answer to the trivia has stirred a great debate! :D But the answer is ... A. (according to my TV source)
Marylyn, I had guessed K2 as well, but I only get about 1/2 of the trivia right!
Sharon, Isaboo looks rather "brown"! :D Did she have fun diggin? :D Your butterflies a soooo pretty! Great beach shot!
Rann, thanx for the link! But I can't read a word of it! LOL! :D Hey! I'm doin' good to learn a little Spanish! ;) But Great pix! :D
Kiska, I Love your flowers! and the bear too. He looks right at home! ;) But I gotta tell ya ... I really like that Chocolate Lily!
Dyson, glad she is safe & got a little time off....I know I really never minded when there was a power outage. ;)
Ric, what a great looking Lily! :D
Pepper, that's an ideal temp for Me. :-)

Ok, I've gotta tell you all....For last semester I made the Deans List w/a GPA of 3.62!!!! The 1st time Ever! (& probably the last), but at least I can say I made it once! :D I got a B in MicroBiology & A's on the rest...w/a 19 hour overload. What do ya think of them apples!? :D I got my letter last week & I couldn't keep it from ya any longer!

Well gotta go clean up supper...
Tomorrow! :D

Thumbnail by music2keep

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Well I didn't get here in time, but I say D!!! Joey! D.
I was there 3 times and it was so high I couldn't even see those others. LOL
Thanks for the picture Ric. are you Germinating those seeds? Do wish you and Robin could come to Jax with your neighbors. I have room. ;)
Weather is like Sharon said.
Sidney

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

well it is dark again, sheesh! 58°(F)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

So do we Sidney!
A FL trip would be nice, but w/ the new job.... lol...

Cool and 54 Degrees here this morning .... ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Ric

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Mornin!
We have 52*! Yeah!! :D Ric, does this mean that we are in our "comfort zone"? I think So! ;)

LOL! Dyson! "sheesh!" :D

Sidney, LOL! We are kind of "gabby", which makes it more fun! :D

Kelli, Thanx! It's something that I never expected. I am really a "B" student. And for some reason (I think it's an age thing) I have to study harder than everyone else.

The trivia of the day is...
Where is the lowest inland impression in the world, excluding the oceans?
a) Aiding Lake
b) The Dead Sea
c) Lake Superior
d) Amazon River

Have a Good One!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

B. Supossed to be hot. Not Dyson Dark. lol

Kiska – I’ve never seen wild chocolate lilies – they’re beautiful!
Ric – WOW! Gorgeous!
Joey – Congratulations!! I’m so proud of you!! Go Joey Go Joey! You can do it again!
Dyson – LOL! Amazing how that dark thing happens every 14 or so hours.

75.9 °F / 24.4 °C
Overcast
Humidity: 75%
Heat Index: 77 °F / 25 °C
Visibility: 2.0 miles / 3.2 kilometers
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 800 ft / 243 m
Mostly Cloudy 1400 ft / 426 m
Overcast 5000 ft / 1524 m

Today
Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms in the morning...then partly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 80s inland...in the lower 80s coast. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Picture taken last night through the back door. Cardinals enjoying the damp grass.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yayyy, Joey! Congratulations! :-)

I'm going to guess A just because I've never heard of it. Next I'm going to go look it up. LOL

Kelli, :-P I think we should skip the 7th inning from now on.. We did really well the rest of the game! Who needs a stretch, anyway?? LOL

I need to go get dressed and get the bunnies up. We're going to the library for storytime this morning. We've been inside for so long because of the rain we're getting a little cabin feverish!

We're about the same as usual, weather-wise.. There is a 20-30% chance of rain. The mosquitoes are horrid!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:53am CDT (56 min ago)
Temperature 80 °F 27 °C
Dew Point 75 °F 24 °C
Humidity 84%
Pressure 30.09 in 1018.8 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 86 °F 30 °C
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 75.9°F / 24.4°C

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

horrid mosquitoes! can't you give them hormones or tranquilizers or something?

Kiska, btw, I enjoyed the chocolate lilies and the picture of your backyard. It looks like you don't have any really close neighbors - must be nice. (That love your neighbor thing is tough!)

Marylyn, when the Astros play the Dodgers, I don't think I'll be trash talkin'. The Dodgers are so unpredictable. And mosquitos, ugghh! They eat me alive. I'm glad we don't often have them around here.

Pretty nice out now but it will get hot this afternoon. Didn't I tell you back in the winter that my unpleasant weather comes in the summer?

Updated: 7:51 AM PDT on June 21, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
67 °F / 19 °C
Clear
Humidity: 66%
Dew Point: 55 °F / 13 °C

Yesterday's highs and lows

Woodland Hills 100/54
Chatsworth 90/57 (I live between the two)

On the other side of the Santa Monica Mountains, it's a whole other animal

downtown L.A. 82/62

And yet another animal at the beach

Santa Monica 74/62
Oxnard 69/57

This message was edited Jun 21, 2007 9:24 AM

(Zone 3b)

Congratulations, Joey - what a wonderful feeling and a great reward for a job well done.
Marylyn_TX - would you believe we got up to 80*F yesterday, and it was "unbearably hot"..we did get a thunderstorm around 9pm and some rain.
MySharona - would love for you to see the never-ending daylight in the summer - it's so hard to imagine it not getting dark every few hours like it does for Dyson:)) Did you get the heavy rain?
Kelli - thanks; we do have 2 neighbors down behind the trees; see one when the leaves are gone; plus one more "next door". What difference in temps between your area the mts.
Apple blossoms - scanned photo.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

The mosquitos have been awful again this year. I can’t stand them.
Kiska – Oooh, you’re getting our weather. How did that happen? When was the last time it was that hot there? I love the apple blossom picture. They make a very pretty arrangement.
Joey – I’m clueless once again! I’m going to say B only because (from having lived in the Middle East many many moons ago) I know that Iran has the lowest inland point. Just a guess though.

80.1 °F / 26.7 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 62%
Dew Point: 66 °F / 19 °C
Wind Gust: 5.8 mph / 9.3 km/h
Pressure: 29.94 in / 1013.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 82 °F / 28 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
Clouds: Few 2100 ft / 640 m
Mostly Cloudy 3000 ft / 914 m
Mostly Cloudy 5500 ft / 1676 m
Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft / 4572 m

Tonight
Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated evening thunderstorms. Patchy fog late. Lows in the lower 70s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.

We’ve had ½” of rain in the last 2 days. Not bad, need all that we can get. This is not a request for any hurricanes.

Clouds this morning

Thumbnail by MySharona
Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Joey that is just awesome that you made the Dean's List. I know you have studied hard and I hope these studies are things you truly love.
Well, we had enough sun to dry one load of wash. My washer spins them most dry so an hour of sunshine does the trick.
I am in heavy re orgainization having my son and DXH both moved on. Life is new and refreshing here now like a brand new begining.
The weather for me about 30 miles south of Sharon has been very wet with an estimated 10 inches of rain. That sounds great, but my yard perks at 55mph, so the rain waves at all these roots here. I do use Watersorb Polymer crystals to grab what they can of the rain. We may get another inch this evening.
Now it's 81.9 °F / 27.7 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 39%
Dew Point: 54 °F / 12 °C
Wind: 3.1 mph / 4 km/h from the NW
Wind Gust: 13.2 mph / 21 km/h
Heat Index: 81 °F / 27 °C
My guess is B cause my buddy said so, LOL
Sidney

(Zone 3b)

MySharona - yes, hope for rain, not hurricanes. 1991 was last time it was 81*F on this date. Average is in the 60's..there are now several fires started by lightning. Right now, at 3:30pm, it's 76*F.
Sidney - 10 inches of rain does seem as if it's a good soaking rain. Reorganization is going on here, too. Adding "stuff" to our daughter's garage sale this weekend. Can't believe how we've held on to things...
Yesterday DH, DD + 2 Gsons, 3 and 4 1/2, climbed the nearby Butte. This is part of the view from up there.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Kiska, does that apple blossom photo mean that apple trees are blooming there now? If so, is the season long enough to get fruit?

Updated: 4:53 PM PDT on June 21, 2007
Observed at: Near Superior St School, Chatsworth, California
Elevation: 895 ft / 272 m
91.9 °F / 33.3 °C
Clear
Humidity: 31%
Dew Point: 57 °F / 14 °C
Wind: 6.0 mph / 9.7 km/h / 2.7 m/s from the WSW
Wind Gust: 8.0 mph / 12.9 km/h

Japanese iris

This message was edited Jun 21, 2007 4:57 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Evening All! :D We had a glorious day here with a hi of 84*. A little warm, but no humidity...so it was Extremely nice! :D

Thanx Everybody! :D I was trying not to brag too much...just couldn't contain myself! :D
Sidney, 16 hours of the 19 were Aquaculture, so yes I loved them all. I be a "fish farmer" ;)
Kiska, That is mighty Hot! for up there...I bet you were cookin'! :-0 But the Butte pic tends to make the heat seem far away! ;) And Neat Apple Blossoms. :)
Kelli, that is the prettiest color on your iris, So Rich! :D
LOL! Dyson! :D How long have you been outside? :D Get some SSS (Avon) that should take care of ya! :D Plus! it will make you "smell"! :D LOL!
Sharon, I willl probably never do it again. I have to take a Math class (Tech-Math) yet & that will be my down fall. I wish that I could skip it or con someone into taking it for me, but ... oh well.

The trivia answer is....B.
Marylyn, you should go with your gut instinct. ;) Cardinals in the damp! :D Mighty cute.

Well, gotta go study...Later.
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 5a)

Good evening everyone :-) or should I say good night? It's a little after midnight and I just got back from photographing the midnight sunset :-) Unfortunately it wasn't very glorious but here it is anyways.

Another nice day today - high around 58 or 60°F. We got an insignificant mist of rain this morning but it cleared up in the afternoon and was sunny and wonderful until just now around midnight it's starting to cloud up again.

Joey - congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you :-) All your hard work has sure payed off! :-)

Kiska - 80°F??????? WOW! I guess that leaves me alone in the cooler ;-) lol
Wonderful photos by the way :-)

I'm off to bed it's way past my bedtime .......

rannveig

Thumbnail by rannveig
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Wonderful shot rannveig!
Truly the land of the Midnight Sun(set)!
Thanks!

Well after midnight here (BTW Sunset was 9:07 here)
we're looking at Isolated T-Storms, followed by Scattered T-Storms tomorrow, followed by Isolated T-Storms tomorrow night.....
OK What's the difference? Both mean WE aren't going to get wet here!

Sidney we are definitely going to be germinating those Water Canna seeds!
Want some?
I have a mule heading for Jeremy's July 4th.....

Ric
Alocasia odora w/ gazebo shadow...

Thumbnail by henryr10
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Dern, - sun set while I was napping! hate it when that happens!

LOL Dyson!! It only got to 87* today. Was hot and a little muggy late morning thru early afternoon then it cooled off quite abit with a nice breeze. I watered my plants in a negelcted area and made them happy.

Here is another pic I took at the lake oh so long ago. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23
(Zone 3b)

Darn - just lost a post/with hi's to all. Will try again
Have a great solstice.
Tonight we picked rhubarb.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 5a)

That's a huge rhubarb leaf Kiska! :-) Thanks for the reminder, I need to pick rhubarb too ;-)

Pepper - beautiful shot :-)

Thanks Ric - very pretty leaf :-)

It's cloudy this morning, already 57 and slightly breezy.

Here's another shot from last night's midnight sunset.

Hope you all have a great day!

rannveig

Thumbnail by rannveig

Sidney – LOL! We got it right! Sounds like you’ve been busy. I’m at a point where I wish we’d move to another house for a week so I could clean really good here!
Kiska – We all hold on to stuff. Good luck at the garage sale. Beautiful picture! My goodness – I had no idea rhubarb go that big! – Your GD is very pretty!
Ric – Pretty leaf picture.
Joey – That’s not bragging – you earned being on the Dean’s List! I think it’s awesome! Pretty buds.
Rann – That sunset looks pretty darn glorious to me! Beautiful!
Dyson – LOL!
Pepper – Lovely lake you have!
76.5 °F / 24.7 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 74%
Pressure: 29.97 in / 1014.8 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 78 °F / 26 °C
Visibility: 5.0 miles / 8.0 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 2500 ft / 762 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m

Today
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Isolated showers in the morning. High 87. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

DH is buidling a squirrel feeder. He hasn't attached the pole yet, but the squirrels couldn't wait

Thumbnail by MySharona

Neither could the cardinals!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Joey CONGRATULATIONS!!
You done good!!

Man that is a serious leaf there kiska!
It would make a great concrete casting.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Mornin' All! It's 57* outside & the hummers have already started. :D

Rann, What Beautiful sunsets!Wow! and Thank you.
Pepper, another great lake shot! :D
Kiska, that is some major Rhubarb! Huge! :D And that's a little "cutie" trying to hold it up! :D
Thank you, Sharon. :D LOL!! The Squirrels!! HAHA and the cardinals! :D
Thank you, Ric!

The trivia for the day is.....
What country has the most tornadoes per area?
a) United States
b) United Kingdom
c) Japan
d) Kenya

Have a Great Day!
Joey

This message was edited Jun 22, 2007 6:27 AM

Thumbnail by music2keep

We have the most tornadoes. Haven't heard anything about the other ones even having them.

Gonna be in the 90s. UGH.

Ric - What palm(?) is that? Very pretty fronds.
Joey - Echevarria? it's gorgeous - the E. varieties are some of my favs. I think A as well.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Kiska, LOL! The upper 70s to low 80s is the "cool" of our day in the summer. It all goes up from there! I don't do a lot of weeding in July and August, as you can imagine.. It's just too nasty out there. This year the heat and humidity has started a little early - although the highs will be higher as the summer goes on, and the garden is starting to get away from me. Maybe tomorrow morning I can pop out before the bunnies are awake and do some tidying. That IS a huge rhubarb! Think of all the pies it would make! And rhubarb applesauce... Yummm.. Now my mouth is watering. :-) My grandmother in Wisconsin used to grow rhubarb and she made the best food out of it!

Joey, I'm going with my gut this time and saying D. No, A. No.. Ok, I'll stick to A. ;-)

Sharon, the squirrel feeder pictures are great! LOL

Our weather gets pretty boring in the summer..

Quoting:
Today Mostly cloudy with isolated showers and thunderstorms in the morning, then partly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 90. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent in the morning increasing to 40 percent in the afternoon.
The highs will be higher in July and August, but barring nasty storms off of the Gulf, this is pretty normal.

(Zone 3b)

54*F ~~smoke filled sky this morning as the fire down on the Kenai is now at 20,000 acres; even though it's a couple of hundred miles from here, smoke is drifting over the Inlet and coming this way. The other 2 fires are NW of here and growing as well.
Rann - loved the sunset - I was up at 12:30 this morning but the smoke was then beginning to settle in. The sky was a light pink at that time. I imagine the rhubarb grows well there.
MySharona - Thanks, we've learned to love it and use it in many ways. Even as large as it gets, it remains tasty. Pretty cute critters coming to the new buffet.
henryr10 - the kids love to play w/leaves after we harvest; love the idea of concrete casting. Might just have to do it.
m2k - Thanks, she and brother spent the night so parents could set up and set out the garage sale stuff. Love the hen/chicks. My mom had them, too. Have a wonderful day ~~ (A)
Marylyn_TX - interesting differences around the country. Good reason to stay indoors till it cools down. How early do you need to be out before it "warms up"?
Smoke this morning at 6am.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

one more/rhubarb leaf

Thumbnail by kiska
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Kiska, it depends on how sunny it is. Right now (at 11:14) it's only 85°, but it's very overcast. Generally, the heat hits at about 11:30, I'd say.

Marylyn – I’m with you. It gets too hot and humid to do anything outdoors in the summer. It’s miserable.
Kiska – I’ve had rhubarb pie and I loved it. It’s been years. Now you’ve got me thinking about it. I may have to learn how to make it! I have never thought that Alaska would have fires like that. It’s burned a lot of acreage very quickly. Has any of it been contained? That’s so sad.

85.1 °F / 29 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 48%
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 3.6 mph / 5 km/h
Pressure: 30.00 in / 1015.8 hPa(Steady)
Heat Index: 78 °F / 26 °C
Visibility: 5.0 miles / 8.0 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 2500 ft / 762 m
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft / 7620 m