June Daily Weather II; Plants are a Jumping!

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Happy Father’s Day!
Playing catch up on the thread.
Oops! Sidney/Kelli - LOL!
Adina – Lovely Sunrises/sets!
Pepper – I love your lake pictures – so peaceful.
Joey – Our DH’s should get together – it sounds like they have the same sense of humor. That really is something Jeff would do!
Kiska – Great pictures! And the sea otter – it’s adorable!
Dyson - Hysterical!
Kelli – More great pictures
Joey – What plant is that with the white flowers? Very pretty.
Marylyn- Um – would you mind aiming the fan in our direction?!

87.6 °F / 30.9 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 62 °F / 17 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 6.9 mph / 11.1 km/h
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa (Steady)
Heat Index: 88 °F / 31 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 14 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3000 ft / 914 m

Today
Passing high clouds...otherwise mostly sunny. Highs around 90 inland...in the mid 80s coast. East winds 5 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.

We went on a short motorcycle ride yesterday and stopped at Nassau Sound (Sidney knows where this is) at low tide. So we stopped and took some pictures. Jeff was looking for gold dubloons (he never finds any)! Anyway I found a new setting on my camera - I really love the way the pictures came out.

Here we are!

Thumbnail by MySharona

another

Thumbnail by MySharona

seagulls

Thumbnail by MySharona

is that a dubloon?!

Thumbnail by MySharona

we're standing in the river...very low tide!

Thumbnail by MySharona

I'm under the bridge looking at the ocean!

Thumbnail by MySharona

Quite a few people were there loking for shells and treasures. All of this is under water at high tide.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Heading back to the island - marshland

Thumbnail by MySharona

Dyson - Last nights sunset

Thumbnail by MySharona
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Great pics,Sharon! Love the one on the bike!

Kiska,love the pic of the trails!

It's been raining everyday,with thunders and lightnings...your rain dance worked,Joey !Still very hot,100 and it's getting hotter!
Here is a cloud which was on the sky this afternoon.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

92* and way too hot for June! I just try to work in the shade everyday. Now we have mosquitos. They came out of nowhere. Wish it would rain.

Nice photos everyone! Adina, your skies are beautiful.

Rose, Miss All American Beauty.

Thumbnail by billyporter
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Updated: 5:51 PM PDT on June 17, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
77 °F / 25 °C
Clear
Humidity: 40%
Dew Point: 51 °F / 11 °C
Wind: 10 mph / 17 km/h / 4.6 m/s from the SSE

I looked in the "archives" and found a Pacific sunset picture for Dyson.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

There was a bit of rain about 40 miles north and another pop up storm just south of us today.
We're still bone dry......
93 today and a bit more humid than yesterday... odd though we're still having nights in the upper 50's ...

Here's a shot of the backyard... we put the new water lilies from the RU in square containers in the ground.
The EE's, Canna and Bananas are loving this heat!!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Bone dry here too. It was nice out today. Nice breeze and it was in the mid 80s. Tomorrow supposed to get some rain last i heard. Yeah!!!

My dad burnt some ribs on the grill today. Tasted like charcoal. LOL. He was trying to keep them warm on there after they got done. Learned pretty fast that it don't work with the ribs. lol.

(Zone 3b)

9pm. 57*F (sorry for those w/hotter temps),
overcast with some rain in the forecast - Wonderful Father's Day at park w/family.
Loved the sunset photos -
MySharona - what a great mcycle trip - very nice.
Joey - those sure had me convinced they were cherries -
Kelli - at least w/poison oak turning red, it shouldn't be hard to miss..
Adina - wow - what a fantastic cloud formation.
pepper23 - hope it's going to rain there - maybe here, too.
bp - the mosquitoes are a real pain - love your rose - so pretty.
Ric - great idea w/water lilies - surely the surrounding storms will come your way eventually.
Lilac is now blooming.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

And wild currants are setting -

Thumbnail by kiska
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning! :D The temp is 62* & we have a morning fog that will burn up early...to be really hot today.

Kiska, every thing has really "popped" right out! I can almost smell the Lilac! :D I have never eaten a wild current or any current for that matter. They look similar to a grape. I had my 1st black raspberry yesterday! DB hasn't got a clue they are almost ready yet! Although, he's pretty sharp & will probably find them this evening.
Pepper, that is rather funny! Keeping the ribs warm! :D Hope you get the rain!
Ric, What a smart idea! Quite ingenious! I take it the RU went really well! :D
Kelli, What a Gorgeous Sunset!
Adina, I do hope that the heat subsides, but at least you have the rain! :D
Sally! Where have you been!? No doubt tending to that beautiful rose & the garden it is in! ;)
Sharon, those are some Great ocean shots! Looks as if you 2 had a Great time! :D And Thanx! That flower is one of my Hostas in bloom...too early! :-0
Marylyn, yes, be thankful for the rain...glad you are getting it! :D (my mom always called the rain -"showers of blessing")

The trivia for the day is....
In 1979 a hurricane that hit Florida and the Eastern United States, as well as the Caribbean, left a very high fatality list. What was it called ?
a) Donna
b) David
c) Daniel
d) Diane

Have a Great Day! All!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

I don't remember hearing about that hurricane but I will guess David.

We're bone dry as well. It would be nice to get some rain.
Adina – nice clouds!
Sally - Beautiful pink rose – Glad you’re back!
Kelli – Wow – Gorgeous Sunset!
Pepper – LOL! Jeff always burns the ribs! He can cook a mean steak on the grill, but the ribs….
Kiska – Lilac…I can smell the blooms! I wish I could grow it here.

Joey – I was in England in ’79, I’ll pick E) Clueless!

74.5 °F / 23 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 61 °F / 16 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa(Steady)
Heat Index: 90 °F / 32 °C
UV: 9 out of 16
Clouds: Few 4300 ft / 1310 m
Scattered Clouds

Today
Partly cloudy. Isolated showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s inland...around 90 coast. South winds 5 to 10 mph shifting to the southeast 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 20 percent.

We went on a bike ride through the Greenway yesterday. Not a whole lot going on in there, but I did get a couple of pictures.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Wow,so beautiful pictures !
Kiska,so nice to see lilac blooming in Alaska !
Sharon, beautiful picture !
Billy,love your rose!
Pepper, nice of your dad to make ribs...was that the first time he did this ?LOL
Kelli,beautiful sunset !

It's been over 100 today,no wind, no rain...so hot !An evening moon a few days ago !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Kiska, Me, too, about the lilacs!! I love them, but they don't grow here.

Sharon, that picture is just gorgeous. I want to go bike riding with you!!

What a beautiful moon, Adina. :-)

It's only 90° right now. It has been sunny, but the clouds are starting to fill up the sky now. I'm sure it will be raining soon enough. I wish I could send it to you, Joey! Today was my dh's first day at the new job. He e-mailed awhile ago saying that the guy who is showing him around took him to a Mexican seafood restaurant for lunch. I'm drooling... So at least the people are very nice. :-) He's learning their ordering system today - or at least starting to. He sounds happy. :-) He was pretty nervous yesterday, so I'm glad he is having a good day today.

Come on Marylyn - Let's go! I have a spare bike in the garage!
Adina - Great sunset with the blue/black sky.

OMG - it was so hot today - we got to 95°F :P

87.8 °F / 31.0 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 40%
Dew Point: 60 °F / 16 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 3.6 mph / 5.8 km/h
Pressure: 30.06 in / 1017.8 hPa (Rising)
Heat Index: 88 °F / 31 °C
UV: 2 out of 16
Clouds: Few 5500 ft / 1676 m
Scattered Clouds 13000 ft / 3962 m
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft / 7620 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Lows around 70. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Great Egret in flight

Thumbnail by MySharona

Passiflora Caerulea growing wild in the Greenway. Once again I almost fell off my bike when I saw it. I have this one, but it's very small. I think it's a runt!

Thumbnail by MySharona

close up - very similar to Lady Margaret

Thumbnail by MySharona
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Still gray here, could use some h2o
89°(F)
its ok, we will get it or not.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

The rest of the week is supposed to be hotter.

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on June 18, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
82 °F / 28 °C
Clear
Humidity: 33%
Dew Point: 50 °F / 10 °C
Wind: 6 mph / 9 km/h / 2.6 m/s Variable

daylily "Route 66"

Thumbnail by Kelli
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Kelli, that is a gorgeous sunset! We never have skies that color. I do appreciate our pink, apricot and lavender colors tho.

Ric, same weather here. I get ''depressed'' when the rain goes around us. We aren't hurting, but I want it before we are!

Pepper, I was all set to taste those ribs, but now I can taste the charcoal :)) Oh, the power of suggestion :))

Kiska, I'd love to smell lilacs again. Our's are done in early May. I planted a current this year. Ribes odoratum. The yellow flowers smell good in the spring, but I'm not sure how edible the berries will be.

Joey, I love raspberries! The garden escapes are ripening around here and the blackberrys will be next. Right now I'm eating mulberries. I love to graze :)) I have been tending the rosebed and many others!! Love the green and white! So clean looking!

Thanks Sharon, nice shot of the heron and egret! Laughing over your ''almost fell off my bike.'' Aren't flowers great!

Marylyn, glad your DH likes his job. I'm trying to figure out what they serve at a Mexican seafood place. ?

Adina, I love moon pictures! I think they're special!

Dyson, we've had some nice looking thunderheads that passed over, got a hard rain, and thunder after it was all over.

So far 1/10th and I hope we still get the 6:00 pm rain they ''promised'' earlier. 78* and a cool breeze. Grey and no more rain yet :((

I've had bees in the birdbaths every day this spring.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Dern I've a money-order in the car I'm spossed to send someone for some raseberry plants!

Someone come save me from myself, tween the pain and the pain meds - it's rough.

sunny - gray - 89°(F)

Edited to say: K looked through old d-mail and figured it out!

This message was edited Jun 18, 2007 7:22 PM

LOL Dyson!! Glad you figured it all out.

It got to 79* today but it was muuuuuuuuuggggggy. We have had spotty rains off and on all day and we just got what should be our last round. Nice soaking rains too.

As for the ribs, it wasn't his first time grilling them. What happened was they got done before everyone arrived and my dad put them as far away from the fire as he could to keep them warm. Well, they kept cooking and burnt the sauce, then burnt the meat. We thought they were salvageable til we tried eating them. lol. Nothing but charcoal left on the bones. It was pretty funny because my dad is great at grilling. lol

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Pepper - tell your dad not to freak out, Though I consider myself an excellent cook, I sometimes make mistakes.

This evening I served my wife English muffins w/butter and home-made apple jam (someone elves home). because the pork roast in the crock pot is not done yet.

It will be good tomorrow. And everything will be fine until then.

Of course they will!!! LOL. The roast is in a crock-pot! Fool-proof cooking. LOL

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Getting dark now, keep looking out the window for the gray fox, temp outside at 85°, though it is at 78 w/the ac. Hate using it but dw insist.

Moody blues on the puter - got some decent speakers, gonna have too nap soon.

Moody Blues.......don't get much better than them.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Poor Dyson.. I hate pain meds, too. :-(

billyporter, apparently they serve lots and lots and lots of shrimp at Mexican seafood places - or at least at this one. Also oysters on a half shell (I'm sure it's delicious, but frankly it sounds so disgusting I've never been able to try it!), frog leg platters (ditto), and various fish-y sorts of entrees. Charles had a fish filet plate with a side of shrimp fried rice and said it was really good.

It never did rain, and the sky is clear, so Charles is out working in the yard. He's been home for an hour and a half, dinner is over, and the bunnies are outside happily playing with/around him. At his "old" job, he would just barely be getting home from work now and we wouldn't have even eaten dinner yet. Woo hoo!

Thundering off and on. Don't think it's raining here though.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Pepper, we had a long bout of thunder and finally rain. When I looked at the weather map, rain the size of a pinhead managed to hit us. It was unbelieveable!

Marylyn, my Charles can't handle shrimp, but you can make mine battered. I like oyster soup, but no half shell for me! :)) I've eaten frog legs too.

Whoo hoo is right! How nice for all of you!

That's funny you say that bp. This morning at work it started raining so some of the gardeners went and looked at radar and it showed a big hole in the system right above us. Yet it was cloudy and rainy. We didn't know what to make of that. lol

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Twillight zone!

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Oysters - the only way - when the dredge comes up ... get the first one, bang it on the side of the hull, to knock the mud off, pop it open and slurp it down, very few things in life are finer.

My first father-in law was a waterman on the Chesapeake bay.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hi! Well, we got up to 94* @ 1:00 today! I didn't wanna look at the ther-mo-meter anymore after that! :P BTW ~ it's Dyson Dark. ;)

Marylyn, I think your DH is not the only one that likes his new job! :D But it's really important that he's is the one that likes it best :D WaHoo!

Dyson, are the meds "talking"? :D I'm glad you can get up to do some of the cooking. But please, don't "push" it. Ok?
Thanx Sally, I hope that the "bees in the birdbaths every day this spring" is not a sign of things to come! :-O
Pepper, I agree with Sally ! "Twilight zone"!
Kelli, that's a Beautiful Lily! I love the rich color! :D
Sharon! Love the passiflora! and a great bird shot, too! :)
Adina, Another great Moon shot! :D

The answer to the trivia IS....B ~ David.

Sleep well!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.