June Daily Weather II; Plants are a Jumping!

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Susan - I feel your pain. Yesterday we got a little spattering of rain, but WX is saying we're supposed to get between 40% - 70% of rain in the next couple of days. We'll see. We are also on 2x week watering schedule and we also have the watering police do "drive by's". Should we decide to move (thinking about it) I may go with a, umm, what's it called? Xeriscape lawn? Something that won't need watering very much. I'll be doing a rain dance for you as well.
Joey - I hope the trout farm gets some much needed rain as well! I'm going to say C Yellow River. Haven't heard about any of the others getting drying.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

The flooding in Texas is all north of us again. Very very sad. :-( I hope all of this rain heads towards those of you who need it next - and away from Iowa! Yikes, Sally!

I love the moon pictures, Adina. :-)

Pepper, Curly is very cute. :-) I think we are going to get a couple of kitties for the bunnies' Christmas presents this year. I can't wait!! :-)

Joey, I'm guessing C also. I can't imagine the Nile or Amazon ever drying up.

There's only a 20% chance of rain today. The percentages creep up higher over the weekend, but only to 40-50%, so maybe we'll get to dry out a little. That would be nice!

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CDT (52 min ago)
Temperature 76 °F 24 °C
Dew Point 73 °F 23 °C
Humidity 93%
Pressure 30.00 in 1015.9 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 7 mi 11.3 km
Heat Index 81 °F 27 °C
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 75.9°F / 24.4°C
6 hour max temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 79.0°F / 26.1°C

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Adina: Cool moon collage!
Susan: Sure hope you get some good rain soon.
Sharon: Yep, some kind of Black Eyed Susan, but have no idea which one, or when I planted it!

Sunny, high 80s, and reasonable humidity. So only one "H" today.
Deb

(Zone 3b)

8am, 50*F - sunny, calm and forecast of up to 71*F.
MySharona - the beach sure is pretty - It seems like such a nice way to begin or end the day. The gkids would love to share the tree house w/you...
Susan - so sorry to that the lack of rain is causing such problems; when will you get your well?
Joey - poor trout - hope it rains there, too. Can anything be done for them if it continues to be dry? Love the blossom, clover? "C"; has something to do w/dam?
Adina - the collage/moon photos is so nice. I really like the one w/some clouds in front of it. Bet the kitty's are so happy to see you.
gmorning, Deb.
Lilac and spruce boughs.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

I'm back -- sorta. I had a long message written but the server went down AGAIN just as I tried to send it.

so quickly here's today's details.
Low 65
High 102
Huidity 7%
Rght Now it's 94 out

Nor rain for the month of June and none expected in the next wk or so.
Here's a quick pic of my "Irish Eyes" rudbekia
waving while the service is still up.
~~Blooms

Thumbnail by BloomsWithaView
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Hey Blooms! Good to see you. :)

I can't imagine 7% humidity.

Deb

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Just noticed the temp indicator thingy on the puter is flashing red that means I need to expand it an see what the warning is this time. Yep Boomer watch till 11:00pm.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

1905Z 1405L 205PM Here's a surprise, Houston Area weather, strong cells impacting the metro area, and impacting flight operations here at Continental Headquarters. The first 2 flights are now diverting to their alternate airports with more to follow. Of the 28 days of June 23 of them have experienced strong convective activity, peppered with violent lightning strikes through out the area. We are so over the yearly water total I've lost count. Please Florida, can we send you some?

The water drainage in front of my house remains full 24 hours now and is hosting indiginous water plants not known to exist before in my 9 year occupancy.
On the bright side, no severe floods.
Rj

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

We have a serious resource distribution problem here. :(

Susan

Heard County's two water sources dry up
The Associated Press
Published on: 06/28/07

FRANKLIN — Heard County in west Georgia says the county's two water sources have dried up because of the drought.

The county banned all outdoor water use a month and a half ago. But the county has recorded only an inch and a half of rain in the past 40 days.

In the meantime, the Public Work's Department is installing pumps in a quarry to draw water out. Heard County also is buying water from neighborhing Carroll County.

Heard County Water Authority Director Jimmy Knight said county residents have been obeying the outdoor water ban. He said the county has issued only a few verbal warnings and only one written citation.

I'm praying to pull it this way.

Thumbnail by soulgardenlove
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

TX and GA are not all that far from each other????? What is going on? (or am I the only one starting to get really concerned)?

For a second I thought I heard thunder, and then realized the car next door cranked up the sub-woofers.

Bright gray skies w/intermittent dark clouds, should make for an interesting afternoon.

84°(F) everyone please take care, be careful & take care of those near you.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'll pray our weekends forecast heads to Heard County !

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Skies got darker it started sprinkling and now it is thundering oh and the temp dropped to 82°.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Raining hard now puddles have formed in the driveway.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Sharon,mom was so impressed about having people all over the world praying for her and she is very greaful to you all !

Kiska, I took a few more pics with the moon behind the clouds this evening .We had rain again this afternoon !It's84 !Yippee !!!

Thanks for your caring and prayers,they are so appreciated !

First,the clouds after the rain !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Now,the moons !

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

The moons are a great idea. and the sky looks so pleasant. So glad your Mom is doing better. That kind of heat with humidity is waaay worse than with our dry air.

Kiska, it's great to see your travels and to see Alaska in bloom.
Sharon, thanks for the sunsets. and all the rest too.
I'm still hurrying with my typing because the server may shut down again any time. ~~~Blooms
oh, yeah, Dyson, just now watching the WC and it looks like the weekend may let some of that rain get to Georgia and Florida too... nice going.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

No rain here, of course. There won't be rain until October or November.

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on June 28, 2007
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
89 °F / 32 °C
Clear
Humidity: 23%
Dew Point: 47 °F / 8 °C
Wind: 12 mph / 18 km/h / 5.1 m/s from the SE

The bees are trying to build a nest in the compost bin again. This is the third year they have tried to do that.

We went out hiking today. It was plenty hot. We went to a place where we had seen a Humboldt lily with buds a couple weeks ago but it is starting to dry up without blooming. Still, there are a few more things left that I haven't shown you yet.

Laurel sumac - I never really bothered to appreciate laurel sumac flowers before.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Hollyleaf redberry

Thumbnail by Kelli

Mexican elderberry - These are the fruits. It appears that some things are not going to produce berries this year so it's good to see something that is. These are good to eat but I left them all for the wildlife.

Thumbnail by Kelli

trail picture

Thumbnail by Kelli

This isn't the best windshield picture you're going to see, but I hope it shows you how dry the south-facing side of the mountains are. (The pine trees are not native, BTW.)

Thumbnail by Kelli
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hi! All! :D We have had 3/4" of rain this afternoon & expecting More! Yipppeee!!

Blooms! Where have you been? You have really been missed! 'Love those "Irish Eyes"! :D
Kiska, The trout will be Ok, now that it is raining! :D I treated the water today & will give them meds tomorrow in their feed. When the air is hot & the water level goes down - there is less Oxygen causing a threat of ammonia build up. That was why I treated the water. The Meds are for a bacterial disease that they have contracted from the stress of the ammonia build up. We are also putting extra O2 in a few of the worst races. I'd like to put it in all of them but it is Sooo expensive.
Susan, I Do hope you get some of Marylyn's rain!
Sharon & Deb, Too! :D
Adina, Glad the temp went down! I know it has Got to be a relief! Tell your mom that we are wishing her a speedy recovery! ;)
Dyson! LOL! My nephew (next door) does the same thing! It Does sound like thunder! But am glad you got some mud puddles! :D
Rj...thinking about you there in Texas...
Kelli! Great Shots, But I could tell the dry is there by looking at the pathway! :-O The last pic only confirms it!

The answer to the trivia is...C! Yeah!
The Yellow River (3,442 miles) in China dries up for several months a year due to below average rainfall, increased irrigation, and the industrial demands of a growing population.

Have a Good Evening!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Kiska – Your lilac is amazing. I’ve never seen one so large and can only imagine the scent!
Blooms – Where have you been?! Good to see you and your flowers!
Dyson – How’s it going? Has your weather turned crazy for you? No rain in a long time and lots of heat. The fire that started in Waycross, GA is still going. Over 500,00 acres have burned.
RJ- That doesn’t sound good. Has the weather cleared yet?
Susan – OMG – that’s awful. It’s the first I’ve heard of any water sources drying. Prayers heading your way.
Adina – I’m just so glad that your Mom is doing better. Prayer works! Love the moon pictures!
Kelli – Ahh the blueberries. I may have had to eat just a couple for the flavor of fresh fruit off the vine! Wonderful pictures. I really hate seeing how dry it is there. It’s just not what I see in my mind when I think of CA. Doing rain dances for you too (can't hurt)!
Joey - Glad you got rain and the fish are happy! See rain dances work too!

Yeah it's still hot :P
90.7 °F / 32 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 37%
Dew Point: 68 °F / 20 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 7.4 mph / 11 km/h
Pressure: 30.12 in / 1019.9 hPa(Falling)
Heat Index: 79 °F / 26 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3000 ft / 914 m

Tonight
Partly cloudy. Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s inland...in the mid 70s coast. East winds 10 to 15 mph decreasing to 5 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey Joey,
thx --
Yes, the weather has cleared and in fact missed down town, however the wind gusts of 30-40 MPH, blew some baggage carts into one of our 777 nose , we had to take the aircraft out of service to repair it..

RJ - Glad things have cleared up!
This is very cool? Has anyone else seen it?

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/738317/

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Holly Cow.. Somebody important DOES read this thread.. It's raining!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Susan

Thumbnail by soulgardenlove
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

That is interesting! This is the right community to measure some of that!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

wooo hoooo....

Go Susan Go Susan!! Glad the prayers and rain dances have helped! LOL!! Hope you get more rain!

RJ - Hope you get less rain!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks. my only complaint is the growing project lists that keeps getting rained out and the mosquitos...

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Rj, If my memory serves me right...the mosquitos there are the size of Airplanes! :-O
Joey

(thunder heads)

Thumbnail by music2keep
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

They are, as a matter of fact they come in varying sizes, from pesky to "hit the deck"!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

LOL, I just try to keep up. Glad to see Trish, Susan and Rj dropping by. I've missed you all. The weather Gurus keep promising daily rain and all we get are promises.
I'm busy still trying to get my summer show planted.
;)

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

It was quite dry here from mid May to mid June and that is unseasonable here. Finally the rains have been sent upon the earth again in just the right amounts. It has rained about 4 inches in the last ten days...spread out over about 6 different rains and not a drop has gone to waste here.....thank the Lord.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Today was wet and cold. Only got to high 60s, maybe low 70s. Rained ALL DAY LONG. Would have been great but I have to drive in it in an open golf cart. Never fully dried off til I got home and changed my clothes. I was wet and cold all day long. Tomorrow supposed to be the same except I think a little warmer. But the good thing is my plants have really perked up now.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi everybody!!! I'm still lurking around here even though I have not been posting much. It finally cooled down here a bit today and it looks like a great weekend coming up. Can't complain though. Compared to the floods and droughts others are experiencing the weather here has been a picnic.

Like always, the photos everyone has posted are great.

Well, my flowers really are jumping. Here's a shot of my big cottage garden bed.

Edited to add..........Notice the clover growing in the apple orchard in the background. I actually saw a couple of honey bees for the first time this year so I'm letting it grow so they have plenty of pollen.

early_bloomer

This message was edited Jun 28, 2007 11:24 PM

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

One more photo.........

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
(Zone 3b)

8pm, sunny and still just beautiful out w/no rain i n the forecast.Glad that the rain came in time to help the trout, Joey. Sounds pretty involved w/meds and lots of care. Had no idea.
Adina - the moon photos are wonderful; clouds too.
Blooms - nice to see you again -
Kelli - surprising to see the elderberries doing so well - at least the birds will be eating good. Love seeing your hikes and roadways.
E_B; very pretty yard you have.
Pepper; wet and cold doesn't sound like fun:)
Sidney - get some flowers planted today?
Indy - sounds just right - so happy to hear that.
rj - what a time you've had there.
Will try to catch up tomorrow;
Not this year's photo, but could be.
Kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

E_B,your garden looks great!

Kiska,the moose is so cute !

Sharon,you have the squirrels !!!

Joey, love the skies !I took a few pics with the clouds yesterday too ! It rained a lot and it has cooled off....yipee !!!!It's been 17 this morning! Even now,at 10:00 is chilly ,thank God,we can breathe again !

Thank you so much for caring and prayers !We are so greatful !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.