Red dot

I'd rather order a DG coffee mug
(51 votes, 18%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I'd love a size 2xL shirt and a Mug!

Santiago, Chile(Zone 9b)

Thanks, GW! I will check it to find out which is my size.

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 9b)

Dave-Trish-Terry --

Voted for an XL; then read (skimmed) the comments...

Assuming Dave is less interested in making a 100% mark-up on T-shirts than he is in NOT having a room full of un-bought products -- the person who came up with the idea of Iron-On transfers should get several of them FREE!

Don't know where you find the source for them, but I think you should have real high-quality transfers made up in several sizes -- like 2x2" for hats and babies' shirts/onesies, 5x5" (or maybe 6x6", I'm spacially challenged) for small totes and kids' shirts, 8 or 9 x the same for big kids, regular adults, and run-of-the-mill totes; and 12x12" (or larger?) for multi-X shirts and super-size, all-day-at-the-plant-fair totes, barbeque aprons, etc etc.

You know, you may even be able to find someone to make heat-and-water resistant transfers for hard/glazed surfaces... like the decals for shower-tiles... for mugs or ??? anyone's choice of what to DG-ize! Minimize postage, no breakage, -- Julie has it right there, as far as shipping!

Google "Cafe Press" -- don't know if they are producers of logo items, or only the website where they are available, but I remember I got the idea that they were making NO MINIMUM ORDER promotional materials feasible for small operations.

Maybe you could even have OLD and NEW logos (like 'Classic Coke'? -- 'Classic Dave's'!)
~'spin!~

"Patience, heck, -- I'm gonna KILL something!" [Said the hungry vulture]

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

I voted for the mug because a 3X body will not look attractive or feel comfortable in a 2X shirt.

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

I just voted to find out what was going on! I probably will order a shirt if reasonably priced and attractive to me, but the size will depend on whether the shirt is 100% cotton or 50% cotton/50% polyester. Transfers are definitely a good idea if the aim is to publicize DG...I think more would be sold and used.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm checking back in and I think the iron on transfer is a GREAT idea. I am really thrilled with the idea of a tote bag with the DG logo. With the transfer we could have the look and quality of product we wanted with the DG logo. Kinda like having our cake frosted and then eating it too!

I'll still need a mug though.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Classic Dave's logo - I like it!

San Augustine, TX(Zone 8b)

1 large tee and a mug

But I really like the "Gardener's Package" idea!

San Francisco, CA(Zone 10a)

I guess the iron on transfer idea is good for folks who want to put the Dave's Garden logo on various things.

However, I would prefer silk screen on a high quality cotton t-shirt. I doubt I would buy any iron on transfers.

As long as we are throwing things out, here in "sunny" San Francisco, most of the year I wear sweat shirts over my tees. I would definitely buy a nice Champion or Russell Athletic crewneck sweat shirt with the Dave's Garden logo.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

IRON-ONS, fabulous idea. Less inventory(in $), less overhead, stores well, ships well. Let everyone buy their own size, color, style and brand of shirt, OR you provide the most popular sizes of shirts, and sell the iron ons to those who has special preferences.

I would buy half dozen or so Iron-Ons. Thes can also easily be sold at roundups this year...

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I think Gardenwife hit the nail on the head about the potential problems with iron-ons. Dave and I talked about them before rolling out this week's question. And after doing a bit of research, I learned the industry refers to them as heat-transfers, and most producers warn that a typical iron cannot get hot enough or cover enough area to achieve optimal results ;-(

But I agree that transfers would be nice for those whose sizes may not be feasble for Dave to order, and for other items (totes, hats, visors, different style shirts, etc. If we *do* proceed with transfers (totally Dave's call), it would probably be a good idea to locate a local t-shirt shop and see if they could heat-set the transfer for you, especially on a shirt that's going to be laundered a lot.

Focusing just on t-shirts, this is most definitely a "bell-curve" with just a few needing/wanting infant, youth, or adult small sizes, a few others on the opposite end of the spectrum, and the majority falling in the Medium to 2XL range.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

The biggest problem with heat-transfers is quality control. Some of us are not too "mechanically" inclined, and if the transfers are not placed properly, they wouldn't look too great. The "public" wouldn't know that they were transfers, and not sold by/produced by DG. It would look lik DG was not quality conscious and that would not be a good selling point!

(Sorry if this explantion is fuzzy - I hope it at least makes sense. My brain is severely addled from this cold/bronchitis.)

Minneapolis, MN(Zone 5a)

It's really hard to say...it will depend on whether the shirts are 100% cotton or if they are a cotton/poly blend. I'd like a medium in a cotton/poly blend and a large if 100% cotton.

Depending on the cost, I may take two shirts (and I'd like a coffee mug, too!)
Mike
(I know, I have to make this difficult, don't I?)

Palmyra, IL(Zone 5b)

Where are these?Jody

Auburn Hills, MI(Zone 6a)

I would love a couple t-shirts (XL) and a tote would be nice, do we know about prices yet,, if really good prices, i just might have to get more

erie, PA(Zone 5a)

I got my MC in hand and I am ready to order my mug but I would also like a hat, a "boonie" style to keep the sun off the neck and ears. just a suggestion Dave.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I posted above but after reading several posts, I see I neglected to say I'd want a shirt that's 100% cotton. My skin reacts to synthetics...

Yucaipa, CA(Zone 9a)

Since small is not an option at this time, I'd go
for maybe 2-Med. in darker colors. You could
offer 1 dark & 1 light color (something for everyone!).

Logo--Like the old 1. Think the new 1's flower is
a little flat looking. Spice it up a little, maybe with
a shadow to look more realistic & it's also a winner.

For future reference:

Mug--Oh yeah!! Tote Bag-- for Sure!! Sun Hat-- Right On!!
Package Deal--Maybe.

Arnett, WV(Zone 5b)

I would like a 2X and a XL T-shirt. As well as a pair of mugs!

Cathy

pensacola, FL(Zone 8a)

i would like a ladies large t shirt and a mug too.

carol

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

What about a patch instead of a iron on transfer? It's just a thought, but I've seen several like Ducks Unlimited & Taylor Guitars for instance. Still offer the good quality shirts with a logo (both DU and Taylor do), but a patch might work for those who want to embellish a tote, hat, or style/size shirt that isn't in the inventory. This would work for windbreakers, sweatshirts, overalls, nylon covered coolers and dog sweaters....you get the picture.

This would eliminate the quality problem for the transfers (and there would be one). Even people who are familiar with fabric and the process of doing this will not guarantee success 100% of the time....I wouldn't...and I deal with fabric and bonding things often.The heat has to be perfect...it won't stick on a brand new unwashed shirt...melts in the dryer.

An embroidered patch would be easy to ship, cheap, and one size fits all. It would be nice for our overseas friends too.

The transfer idea in itself is a good idea...but I think we would be better off if the medium used is different.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I would like a large t-shirt and mug (with OLD logo) .

Thanks,

Shirley

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I like the patch idea too. Those could be sewn on whatever we wanted them on.

I'm thinking about DH's sheriff's patches, and they get sewed onto all types of shirts, caps, coats, and such. They hold up great.

I think Mel's suggestion is a good one.

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

Well, from the looks of it, I'm in for a coffee cup too...my DH broke my 'Chocolate is the 5th Foodgroup' mug, so I need something else to toot my horn about. Probably a lot healther to garden anyway. Nah. I won't get a heart attack out in the sun tending my yard if I eat chocolate...or drink hot chocolate out of my mug...

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

A patch - GREAT idea !!! I'm leery of iron-on transfers, 'cause of the aforementioned quality issues...but a patch lasts pretty near forever. Maybe two sizes - a smaller one for hats and golf shirts (where the alligator usually goes...lol) and a larger one for totes?

I'll weigh in on the side of the "classic Dave's" logo as well.

~Shannon

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

I would take an adult medium but would probably want more than one if the price is right.

Would also like a coffee mug.

Kissimmee, FL

My husband is 6 foot three and weighs 320. He is a 4 x tall and an iron on transfer would be a great deal for us we would buy 4 large and 4 small. at least
Otherwise Dave would need 4 x long tshirts. Hey ! Some of us are really married to the Jolly Green Giant HO.. HO.. HO.. BEV

Castro Valley, CA(Zone 9a)

Now the patch also, besides the T's sounds great to me, I like them on my jean jackets! and hats. A hat is a must, and a tote also, can't wait to get a mug, Annie

Apple Valley, CA(Zone 11)

2 medium
1 2XL - hubby
Am not in favor of a transfer. I make a lot of t-shirt transfers, but they are short lived because the heat of home irons is not hot enough and the transfer wears off, eventually.

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Hi Dave. I've already posted my "order" :) for teeshirts. After reading this ENTIRE thread again, I think an iron-on transfer or patch would be great. At least that way it wouldn't matter what size you are. You can pick out your own shirt (or tote, or hat, or whatever) and just iron or sew the transfer/patch on it.

Could you tell us if you really might do this?

Thanks!

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

Yo! I may have missed it, but, some of us are smalls! PLEASE make up some adult smalls! I have a very small wardrobe because I can never find any smalls in the stores. PLEASSSSSSSE DAVE!

Thanks!
J

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

My favorite gardening buddy is a size zero - and she's on that same boat. I would love to be able to buy her one! How sad - a large or extra large for me, a small for my buddy... ~:-(

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

I got tired of waiting and made one for myself...hope I didn't infringe on any CR rules!

Thumbnail by picturelady
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Looks great! Is that from the 1024x768 wallpaper image? What transfer paper did you use? What laundry care does it require and have you washed it yet? I'd like to do something like that, too, just don't know which transfers work best. Did you use an iron or take it to a t-shirt shop and have them use high heat?

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Wow! Looks great, but I didn't know you could use someone Logo for your personal use. Kind of like not being able to use other folks' photo from the plant files. You're very brave (and creative)!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Looks great!

What are the copyright implications, Dave?

Shannon

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

This might help: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/479344/

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Thanks, gw. :-) So you all don't have to search, what Dave says in the thread linked to above, is that he takes these requests on a case-by-case basis. Good to know!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Can't speak for Dave, but he doesn't seem to have a problem with folks using the logos for nametags, banners and other materials like business cards and brochures used at roundups and to promote DG.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.