CLOSED: DJ9's Spring 2nd TIME AROUND LANDING & TAKE OFF

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Mike SO SO Sorry for all that Hassle There is a few of us whom also had to Play Hide & Seek with our Post Offices & Its not fair they Need to Hire People Who Know How to read Instead of the scanners . Glad you have it Hope you find many new things to try. & If you cannot get it in the mail tomorrow not to worry Monday is find for we have a 3 day period for the robin anyway :) Just Dmail Me the conf# when it is sent & Post here to let the others Know it is in the air :) TY

Here is my potting shed still a bit more to do on it but did get the Lattice on it this morning
have a great day back later

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

That's a great potting shed Susie!

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Love that idea for the potting shed. I've been looking at doing a bench now I think it may have just morphed.....

Saginaw, MI

Oh Mike -- what a hassle !! It is awful that our great postal system can't seem to get it right so often ! The first robin had many "postal" difficulties also with several of us going round and round , chasing it down to find out just where in the heck it went !! But , now that it has made it to you , ENJOY all the fun you will have looking through it !!

Love your potting shed Susie !!!! Eventually want to have a shed all my own for plants and things -- just not in the cards at this time -- need a spot for one !!

Shirley My Brother thought i was crazy this is why he Built it for me all i did was buy the Wood $260. about 6 hrs later it was Built ^_^ 8X8 very little cutting Just WOOD & SCREWS .

I Didn't get to use it last summer so told jim i wanted it moved closer to my house so I can use it & I love it
I Put the shade Cloth on yesterday it was free so don't care how it Looks till i can find what I want :)

This morning I added the flower boxes but i have to put the legs on but Jim Left for the day & He Has the Chop saw In His car ☺ so I have to wait for him to get home later today .
so can't get the legs on .

Anyone Tell me what type of Mint #1 is all I Know is that it is Nasty
#2 is Cowslip
#3 is Primrose
#4 the flower box & I Have to put another coat of paint on them but i was Hungry :)
#5 are my Soil Bens made of old wash tubs :) & An Old Flower pot I got for $2. at the sale yesterday where i got the shade cloth

well off to check more forums then back to the gardens

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

Susie, #1 looks like creeping charlie.

NICE potting shed, too!
ME

It smells like a Mint & Runs everywhere

Elk Horn, KY

Maybe pennyroyal

Nope Not that carole No Red on Leaves .

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Seed Robin will be taking flight today. I'll update you Susan when I have the confirmation number.
Mike

Mike just dmail me the conf# & You will send to SHAUNA1219--FL

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I see it's getting closer..any poppy seed in that box (oriental)?

New batch of annual seedlings, 3 trays of Salvia farinacea Blue Bedder and 1 tray of Nicotiana sylvestris....Yummy fragrance, just want these to bloom now!!! lol. I know, it will be atleast a month or more..

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy
Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Robin is in the air! Rcvd 5/3 and sent 5/6.

Shauna, I put my seeds right on top. Hopefully there are some in there you can use for your sunny spot!

Thank you to everyone for allowing me to participate in the seed Robin. Hopefully I am able to contribute to someone's garden this year. I look forward to the next one and hope to have more seed from my yard this year. Hollyhock is blooming like crazy with the monarda coming right behind it.

Mike

Mike what colors are your Hollyhocks ? Have you any DBLS ?

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

I've got a French Heirloom that is multicolored. It is lavender with dark purple centers. I'll try and grab a pick of it really quick and get it posted up.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Quote from deejay9 :
It smells like a Mint & Runs everywhere

It looks like a creeping charlie to me, too!

This message was edited May 6, 2013 7:41 PM

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

I wanna put dibs in on some of those hollyhock seed Mike.. lol, ok, pretty please! And yes pix please. Can't beleive you got blooms already...wow. The only thing blooming in the garden at the moment at jj's, and Iris buchanni.

Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

WWK,
Check out the pics here.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1310945/#new

Kathy Mike posted the pic's of the Malva HH 's over on the May swap site I Love my Malvas also ,
well possible the robin might just land today to shauna :) Happy seed diving :)

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

The Robin has landed!

My hubby laughed at me, but it's better than Christmas! YAY!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Ooo Ooo Ooo I'm next whopee! I'm all ready and will get it out asap. SO excited!

Sue G

Susie, this is copied from an article on Creeping Charlie:

Creeping Charlie is a perennial weed that grows low to the ground. A member of the mint family, creeping Charlie will produce a minty scent when its leaves are crushed and it sends out tiny, but rather pretty blue-violet flowers in the spring. Creeping Charlie will reproduce from its seeds, but it spreads most readily by setting down roots all along its long stems. Its ability to spread easily is a trait that makes it so difficult to kill creeping Charlie. If any bits of the vine remain after attempting to kill the plant, the surviving bits will happily continue to grow and spread.

ME

Yes I Sure have it everywhere around here & It is Very hard to kill out Just as bad as the ajuga hate it .
have fun with the robin been a long day here just got home from BINGO So off to bed soon

I HATE creeping charlie, too. But I LOVE ajuga!
ME

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

The robin has taken flight and is heading to Arizona. Sue, it should be arriving Monday.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'll be watching for it - thanks!

Sue G

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Robin has landed! I will do my best to get thru it as soon as possible and add mine and get it back in the air. Tomorrow or I would think Wednesday.

Yay!

Sue G

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

wow almost my turn, cannot wait!

ty sue for up-date Hope you fine some new goodies :)

EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN your next on the list haven't heard from ya in awhile you busy in the GH ???
Just want to make sure your Home :) chat soon ev1

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Wow, that box is traveling fast>>>>> Didn't figure it would be my way til June....

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Kathy, maybe we should start a new thread for summer/fall sowing, what do you think? I bet you find lots to intrigue you in the robin, I did.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I think you definitely have to keep the seed starting thread going.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

OK!

I just wondered how much interest there still is, since we're all so busy outside right now. But I have lots of questions once the big spring push-to-plant is over, so happy to keep it going.

I just love how many people have added their knowledge and experiences. I've been copying excerpts to a file, but now I want to print the whole thing out, all 4 threads, and keep it for reference.

I still have lots of empty spots to fill!

Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg
Holly Ridge, NC(Zone 8a)

Lovely gardens and hard scapes! I wish my yard had some deviation in elevation.... all flat and sandy here.

Pam what happen to your Pic's I can't see them Never mind when I Click on them they opened :) HEHE
I Have many seeds to get planted also .
Lunch over got to get back out side back later

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Evelyn hope you are home you are next! I'll be sending the dc # to Susie this afternoon. Susie, let me know if you have heard from her.....and if I should go ahead

Sue g

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Ok, if no one objects, I am going to go ahead and send to Evelyn. Got to leave for the P.O. soon!

Sue G

Quote from deejay9 :
ty sue for up-date Hope you fine some new goodies :)

EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN your next on the list haven't heard from ya in awhile you busy in the GH ???
Just want to make sure your Home :) chat soon ev1

Yes, I am home and thank you for asking. Alas, I have no GH, but the weather had been warm and I have been working overtime. It is 9PM and I just got in a few minutes ago. I am exhausted!

I discovered some bulbs that I did not plant in fall. About 70% were good, so I just planted them. I bought too many last year, and then I was ill for quiite a while. I don't think I will buy any bulbs this year. GRRRR....

Thank you, Sue!

Good to hear evelyn ty Lots of work outside here also & This old body can only do so much in a day .
so you all have a great day . HAPPY GARDENING

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.