CLOSED: DJ9's Spring 2nd TIME AROUND LANDING & TAKE OFF

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

NEW DJ9'S MAY PLANT SWAP NOW OPEN

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1308156/

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Received 10" of new, heavy, wet snow over night...I want to sign up for the plant swap, but I cant even see the ground!
My seedlings are screaming for "real homes" in the ground and there is still more snow in the forecast.
Spring my a$$.....

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hahahahahhahahah - Steph. Sorry. We jumped from 30 degrees to 80. Not sure I like that transition myself, but suppose it's better than snow. T-storms and lower temps over night (oooo - 50s!).

Off to the new thread and looking for a priority mail box soon...

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

It practically feels like summer down here in Florida. We are already hitting high temps near 90.

Thumbnail by shauna1219

Steph it is very cold wet windy Here & They say maybe snow,rain mix by the weekend so i feel your flustration More of the same next week So a very sad week yet but don't let it get ya down you will see things popping for you by May 1st :))

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I have one hosta popping and I saw some iris popping up next to the house.
That snow was AWEFUL! and very heavy/wet. We have ANOTHER 3-7" coming today...but should be in the 60's by Friday. I was SO crabby yesterday because I NEED to get in my yard. I need my therapy! The inside potting isnt working. I need a shovel...and not a snow shovel. On the plus side, my magnolias are budding. I can't wait for "Jane" to bloom. Last year I got her at the home & garden show and she had been forced. So this will be her first year in the ground. Im so excited for those beautiful purple blooms!
Frankly, I would be happy with 50° and sun.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Sorry that you all are still having to deal with snow and an extended winter. This has definitely been a weird year in regards to weather. Down here it seems we have completely skipped spring and went straight from winter to summer.

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

We went from winter to summer here also, the bad thing is the temps are in the 90s during the day, but plunge down to the 30s at night. so confusing for the plants and animals(and me)

Robin should land today

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

We did that last year. Winter to summer. St Pattys Day was 90°. So we were "spoiled" last year.

How are you feeling Susie?

well As for spriit I feel fine my body just dose not want to keep up with the mind :( Bright sunny day here 60's today but back to rain tomorrow I have been cutting away some brush that needed to be trimmed.
right now lunch time then I Have to go off to town ya all have a great day

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey everybody! :)

The Robin landed today! I was TOTALLY surprised. I could not figure out who was sending me a package. Heee I just came in from the library and there it was.

I have a final group project due in class on Wednesday, so I don't know if I'll be able to get the box back in the air till Thursday. Will let you know how it goes, but there are so many tiny packets of seed it would take me that long anyway to get thru it even if I didn't have finals this week and next. ack.

Thank you!!!

A.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

YAY! The Robin is migrating south...and it's not even winter! LOL

Is LEGALLYHEIDI still participating?

HIEDI I Need for you to Please check in with me by WEDs EVE If Not Then i have to let the robin go to the next one on the list Please let us know your still watching us Please .

Saginaw, MI

Trying to get some things done out in my "lake" -- oops mean yard !!! Soooo much rain has done a number on lots of my plants :( Lots of rotted irises from standing water-- had just started over last year and now half of them are gone !! Will just have to wait and see what happens when things dry out. Hopefully will have "something" left !!

On the brighter side of things, glad to hear everyone is finding lots of goodies in the robin this time-- sent all my things to Susie in the last robin so they would be there for everyone to share .

Have a great day everyone.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

3.5" of snow last night...which will end up being a lake by the end of the week.
Why cant Mother Nature just give everyone one good year...wouldn't that be nice?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Every year is a good year!!! ;)

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

SBISH5, Like the saying goes...what doesn't kill you; only makes you stronger. I would think, that goes the same for plants. Whatever irises can live past that flood, will only make them and their offspring stronger.

Well, at least that is what I try to tell myself when I see one of my plants suffering. LOL

Amanda Please check with me before mailing out the robin please .

HIEDI I Need for you to Please check in with me by WEDs EVE

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Susie - as you will see, I posted on the other thread too - just in case she hasnt been to this one or watched it.

ok ty sometimes People seem to be called out of town sometimes & I just don't want the robin to be sitting on a porch for a week or two Not fair to the other players so i hope we hear from her soon .

Some may Know Mike2147 he is in NC Fairly New to Daves & would like to go through the robin & add some of his seeds he has collected so I will have Amanda send it to mike & Give Heidi a bit longer to
Answer us . I hope this is ok with you all .

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

I dmailed her and she said she had notified you that she is going to be out of the country to send it on to the next person. i think some wires got crossed somewhere

went back & checked you are right & I'm so sorry for the mix up . GN All back in the morning

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

Thats ok, sometimes dmails that I send never get to the person, and vice versa. Heidi isnt the kind of person that would just ignore you so I asked her. sorry if I butted in where i shouldnt have.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

oooo head butts, but it's all good, because Mike is a good egg I met last summer at a Roundup I hosted here in Greensboro. :)

Maybe Heidi will get the Robin on the return trip? Thanks for the head's up Risingcreek and DJ. I am just checking in to "unwind" after a day of pressing my face up against this glass.

I'll post a picture of the map I was working on today to include in a final project tomorrow.
xox
A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Yikes, Amanda!!! That is some piece of work! Very impressive!

very impressive is right . & Again I'm sorry I forgot to remove Hidie when she emailed me to say she was leaving something was going on that day & Forgot Please forgive . & I will correct the List soon .
Have a great day everyone .

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

No worries Susie :) Just roll with it - one day at a time :)

BACK AGAIN i FOUND SOMETHING i WANTED TO SHARE FOR AWHILE BACK I WAS ON A THREAD & someone ask about taken rose cuttings came across this & wanted to share for i would like a few new roses one day :) enjoy

http://thehomesteadsurvival.com/plant-rose-cutting-grow-rose-bush/#.UXfd9KK-nSh

http://www.amateurgardening.com/home/taking-rose-cuttings/

ty steph

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I have been able to successfully root rose cuttings, using a rooting hormone...but have never thought of putting them in a potato! Interesting....

This was a rose I rooted from a bouquet that my neighbor received. You should have seen the look when I asked for the stems after the flowers had bloomed. She looked at me as if I had lost my mind...but decided I was not crazy, after I brought her a bloom off the plant. LOL

Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219

I Have a red rose that smells so heavenly & want to try to get a cutting so i can start another plant here next to my House :) I just thought that was so interesting about the Potato . & Have a friend who has a few clematis I like wonder if their cutting would root in the potato ?

hope ya all are haven a great day

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Makes me wonder though, if the potato would start growing roots and try to grow too....

Was Wondering the same thing but then I happen to think maybe you do not plant the Potato you just root the rose in it . going to try it any way .

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I think I may try it to. Do a little experiment...try one with rooting hormone, one without and one with just the rooting hormone with no potato.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

shauna let us know how that works!!!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey kids. Still working on the Robin though I hope to get it in the mail this afternoon.

It's been a rough week at school. TGIF.

A.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Spring has FINALLY sprung here in MN! 70° today!! Hard to believe we got 3+" of snow earlier in the week!

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Glad that spring has finally sprung in Minnesota!

Hope the temps stay warm for you!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

OMGosh! It was 80° yesterday!! BEAUTIFUL!

I walked 8 miles in two days...just raking my back yard. Lots of things popping under all the leaves. I was in heaven!

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Such a great feeling when spring is here and you start to see last year's seedlings, starting to sprout.

To me, it's like Christmas, full of brand new surprises!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.