CLOSED: DJ9's Spring 2nd TIME AROUND LANDING & TAKE OFF

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

we came from here : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1293173/

PLEASE POST WHEN THE ROBIN LANDS & WHEN YOU PUT HIM BACK INTO FLIGHT REMEMBER THERE IS A 3-4 DAY STAY @ THE MOST AT EACH STOP. DMAIL THE CONF# TO ME ALSO IF YOU WILL PLEASE .

NOW ALL THE CONF # ARE ON THE BOXES & WILL BE ON THE POSTAL RECITES .

YOU ALL HAVE PLENTY OF TIME TO UPDATE YOUR HAVES OR WANTS
HAVE'S & WISHES :3 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1282506/

THIS WILL BE THE FLIGHT PATH UNLESS SOMEONE DROPS OUT
DEEJAY9----------LEFT THE NEST APRIL 1ST 2013
OBLIQUA--PA----LANDED APRIL 3RD ---TOOK OFF APRIL 4TH
GARDENSEEDER63--NH---LANDED APRIL 6TH -----TOOK OFF APRIL 8TH
PFG--NY---LANDED --APRIL 11TH--TOOK OFF APRIL 15TH
CZIMMERMAN00--KY--LANDED -APRIL 17TH----TOOK OFF APRIL 19 TH
AMANDAESQ--NC---LANDED APRIL 22-----TOOK OFF APRIL 29TH
MIKE2147 ----- NC---LANDED MAY 3 RD---TOOK OFF MAY 6 TH
SHAUNA1219--FL---LANDED MAY 8TH ---- TOOK OFF MAY 11 TH
CHEERMOM---AZ----LANDED MAY 13th---TOOK OFF MAY 15 TH
EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN--CA---LANDED MAY 17TH ---TAKE OFF MAY 21st
RISINGCREEK--CA----LANDING MAY 23RD-----TAKE OFF MAY MAY 24 TH
PATTI1957--OR-----LANDED MAY 28TH--------TOOK OFF MAY 31st
WWKATHY--CO---LANDED JUNE 3rd---------TOOK OFF JUNE 6th
MINNESIPPI--ME---LANDED JUNE 8TH -----
SBISH5--MI
HOME TO DEEJAY--MI

ARRIVE BACK HOME GUESSES

RISINGCREEK---------------JUNE 10 TH
OBLIQUA- --------------------JUNE 11TH
CHEERMOM-----------------JUNE 14 TH
PFG- ------------------------ JUNE 15TH
PATTI1957----------------- JUNE 18 TH
SHAUNA1219----------------JUNE19 TH
WWKATHY-------------------JUNE 21 ST
EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN-JUNE 22 ND
AMANDAESQ---------------JUNE 28 TH
LEGALLYHEIDI-------------JULY 9 TH
CZIMMERMAN00-----------JULY 20 TH
GARDENSEEDER63------ JULY 11 TH
MINNESIPPI- ----------------JULY 23 RD
------------------------------------------------

This message was edited Jun 8, 2013 7:00 PM

This message was edited Jun 9, 2013 10:44 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Pittsburgh, PA

Robin landed :Wed, April 3, 2013

Robin took off: Thursday April 4, 2013 Gardenseeder63

OOPS Judy you was to send to Pam /PFG Oh well Gardenseeder can send to Pam

Concord, NH

got robin sat will send to pam on monday

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Great, thanks! I'm really looking forward to it!

GM & TY susan

Please Make your guesses as when the robin will be home I got a Note from alikat that she received Her
Prizes Not sure if she had a camera so I will Post here as what I sent to here

the flower pot with her name the wooden box 6 Glads for the pot & a pruning shears sharpener

so I need guesses from

OBLIQUA-
EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN-
BIRDIE17-
MINNESIPPI-
SBISH5--MI

well you all have a great weekend

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Did the robin get sent? I'm chomping at the bit...

I Have not heard anything from Susan yet so Not sure if it has or not . Susan Hope all is ok .

Just Got word the robin should land today .

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

OK, my guess is June 21st.

Sorry evelyn June 21 st has been taken pick anoth date be sure it is not a sunday or Holiday

At 3:30 it hadn't arrived yet, I won't get home again until 9 tonight, I hope it's there!

Pittsburgh, PA

My guess is June 11th.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

OK, June 22nd...

Whooppee, the box is here :-)))))))). I don't have time tonight, but I will bring it to CT with me tomorrow, and go through it there. I'll keep you posted...

GM All thank you for the guess & We have 3 more to take the guesses
BIRDIE17-
MINNESIPPI-
SBISH5--MI

BIRDIE17-are you still following us ???? Please let me know haven't seen you posting lately .

Patti Look here at all the seedlings From the Squash , Pickles, Gourds, & Pickles you shared also a few others from Mellen & there was a couple others not sure who added to the mix but zoey & I got them planted on Monday & Look what popped up on weds & thursday
Oh & a few emmas gift MG's from shirley :) thank you all for sharing :)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Susie, I had guessed July 23rd in the other thread (Post #9469550 on April 2nd)

Thanks

ok ty sorry i missed it

Elk Horn, KY

Guess i'm next:)) that will be fun!

Oh, yeah, there's a lot here! I did some seed diving this afternoon, now I have to sit and research a few things before I decide what to use. Unfortunately I left the seeds I'm contributing in the city. We'll be back there Sunday eve, so I'll send the box out first thing on Monday.

I was delighted to find the goodies from WWKathy-- some things I particularly wanted, and many, many amazing extras! Some will find their way back into the box for others to share, waaaay too many for me to use this year. So Thank you, thank you, thank you, and also a big thank you to all the others who contributed.

Now I'm back to the books...

evening all well I May not be able to stay on or get on as often Just got home from the ER My leg got to throbbing so bad & Hard to walk on so my brother took me in looks as i have a clot once again The Er doc wanted to admit me but I Just cannot handle any more bills so I agreed to stay into bed for a whole week with leg elevated but i also have to agree to take my Hepprine shots hate that but I can do it .
so if anyone needs to get in touch please call me you can get my Ph # from LK Or Fruity .

Have a great weekend chat when i can .

Elk Horn, KY

Take care Susie!

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

Take care-those heperain shots are awful-

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Okay, guys, I think I understand how this Robin works. I have read the last thread and up to date now. I have been out of town most of the last three weeks and have lots of catching up to do. This sounds like lots of fun. I am excited to have this opportunity. You all are amazing

I am suppose to guess a date for the end of this Round Robin: June 20.

Susie, I sure hope you start feeling better soon. Look into getting a lap top computer. It's all I use anymore.

Birdie (Beth)

Gm All & TY Welcome back Beth yes i have a laptop its been in my closet & My brother will be here soon to get it out for me & I will have to up date it so may take awhile . but i can connect if it still works :)
so i will try to stay in touch as soon as i have it up.
ya all have a great weekend .

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Susie, glad to hear you have a laptop. Aren't brothers great?

AFTERNOON well laptop is working had a few updates to do but all is good i don't use it much for there are missing keys thanks to my african grey but it is still usable . anyway all set up Yes my brother is wonderful he just went to town it is snowing very hard right now , not sure if it is a rain mix or not don't look like it from here .

well ya all have a great afternoon ours is very cold .

So glad you're able to stay in touch on your laptop. Take care of yourself! I hope you feel better soon!

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Susie...hugs!!!!!

Say, I have a few questions... I'm looking for personal info from anyone in zones 5-8 that have grown:
Dierama argyreum, ambiguum and or erectum.
Dietes
Oenothara hookerii
Can I push zone with any of these plants.. I know the Dierama forms a corm and at the end of the season they grow a new one, can they be lifted and treated like glads or heavily mulched? Same with the others can they be mulched to stretch zone hardiness?

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Take care Susie!!! Glad you have a laptop to keep you connected!

Kathy I Have the Oenothara hookerii It started out just a small clump back in may 2002 not sure who sent it to me but it is about 3x3 groups now i love the blooms usually in june & july & I can share all you want :)

Dierama argyreum, dont know it research says its hardy perennial after it is established but i would leave some in the ground then plant one in pots & place it in cellar after it goes doormant . worth a try

well time for me to sign off here getting a sore tail bone :(

have a great day

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Thanks Susie, don't need plants, I have a bunch of babies that need potting on now and it looks like they are a strong grower. Glad to find out they have over wintered for you, so should for me also.. Are they fragrant by chance, don't remember reading anything about it having any but many in the Oenothara family do.
Don't have a cellar so they would have to be brought inside pot and all. That's why I was wondering if they could be stored like glad bulbs.. Speaking of cellars, do you have one? Or your friend where you store plants over the winter? chat later, thanks.

no cellar here but my friend has & i share plants with her when i have extra :)
as for fragrant on the oenothara honestly I never smelled them but will this spring & will let you know :) I'm glad they don't have to be over winter :) they grow very fast Runners i have to dig a trench around them so they do not get into my other plants .

well the kids went into town for pizza so thought this was a good time to get my mail answered ya all have a great eve .

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Susie please take care!!!

Looking forward to the robin's flight! Getting closer. :D

xox
A.

evening ev1 not going to stay long it is stormy up this way & I don't like to be on the computer when its stormy. but i might not get on in the morning going in for a scope tomorrow but will check in when i can , lost power for awhile earlier so guess i better get off here good night all .

Elk Horn, KY

Received box yesterday & will mail today or tomorrow.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Eeeeek!

GM ALL YEP AMANDA YOUR NEXT , Not sure if it got mailed but just keep watch :)

LEGALLYHEIDI---GA are you still with us ???

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Yay...finally moving south!

Oh Amanda, you're in for some fun...

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.