DJ'S FALL ROUND ROBIN SEED SWAP 2012

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

I tried searching for it, but couldn't find a date when you want all the seeds sent to you. I presume there's a cut off date for sending in seeds, right?

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Everybody deserves a night on the town every Blue Moon, Susie! With all you've been through, I don't blame you a bit for letting your hair down.

JoAnn, hold onto your seeds until you receive the Robin. The flight plan is yet to be determined. When it's posted, if you've promised seeds to folks ahead of you, just mail them directly.

"Beema", your grand-daughter sounds absolutely precious :)

Good luck with all those trees and Peonies, MWFW. What we don't have enough of are trees. Years ago, I tried talking hubs into turning our field into a Christmas Tree Farm. It would have worked had his job not taken him out of town for weeks and months at a time. Still might now that he's retired.

jlee160, would you please earmark a pinch of these for me?
Delphinium "Blue Bird"
Purple Liatris (I've collected seeds from "Alba" if you'd be interested in White.)
Scabiosa "Pink Mist"

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

OOOOhhh susie, Frankinmuth, are ya going for some of that fried chicken, lol? Am I'm stuck inside for a few days, burry out, snow is expected, yuch!!!!!!! Anyway...will be working on seeds from my stash and getting more fresh in the mix, some might have to wait til the weekend or the first of the week, depends on how much moisture we get. Yes ...Susan have cosmos for you..tho they are a bit more on the pink side than purple but still gorgeous all the same.

And susie if I can get some more by the first of the week I'll ship off asap. Now am I still understanding, we can ship a larger bag so they can dip from them as each would like? Will make things easier than labeling a gazillion little bags....lol..I also plan on donating a package of mini baggies. (Just a tidbit, I'm in Co not Mo, does that make any difference,lol? Probably about 50-90% difference in humidity, lol...) .

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

ok gm BEEN WORKING ON THE FLIGHT

My problem is like I have 3 member in NJ But Not sure how to plan flight for i do not know who lives on what side of the state
say for KY 3 members but not sure what side the state they live & Then there is 4 in calf so I have to get a map out & mark all the towns
so this is going to take me a day or so :) then i will post the flight .

meal while I have a few Plants to get cut down :)

anyone like a few BRUGMASIA Cuttings for Postage Dmail me Most No name but are Pink Others are White..
have a great day everyone
& ty susie Judy said nothing went to utube I was fine :))

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Mary - I would love love love JM saplings/seedlings too!!! We will have to figure something out!

HAPPY B-DAY PATTI :))) Hope your haven a great day sorry no cake on file but lots of best wishes

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Thank you Susie! I just had a wonderful lunch with my mother and 2 daughters so I am way too full for cake :)

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Why don't you put SNARVA after me? She works in the city and I can just hand it to her. Or make her the last one in NJ and she can bring it to work and give it to me. She lives about 1 1/2 hours west of NY. Does that help at all?

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Patti1957.

Hey deejay how about this cake for everyone tomorrow?

Thumbnail by marti001

Happy Birthday Patty! Sorry, no cake here, either!

Pam

Today was my Mothers Birthday also & So I Took flowers over to put on the grave Just got home awhile ago it was very cold out there
so I'm going to turn on the heat lay under the covers & Watch a movie , ya all have a great evening .
back for coffee in the morning .

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Happy Birthday Patti

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Happy Birthday, Patti! May all your blooms come true :)

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Happy Birthday to You ♫♪ ♫♪, Happy Birthday to You ♫♪ ♫♪, Happy Birthday Dear Patti ♫♪ ♫♪,

Happy Birthday to You ♫♪ ♫♪, and many more ♫♪ ♫♪ ♯ ^_^

Thumbnail by evelyn_inthegarden

well i think i have the Flight Plan for the Robin . Please let me know if i made any Mistakes .

Pam I see you ask for your DD To be after you but when making out the route Looks as if ARFITZ is in between you & your DD
so then he can send to your DD & She will then send to Cris. Hope this is ok .

COLD Afternoon off to watch "SMOKEY_&_THE _ BANDIT

FALL ROBIN FLIGHT PATH
1 .MIDWESTFARMWIFE----MARY---OH
2. OBLIQUA----JUDITH----PA
3 GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN----NH
4. ALIKAT32 /ALI--NH
5. PFG---PAM---NY
6. ARFITZ-----ALEXANDER---NH
7. SNARVA,----- NJ
8. CRIS316------NJ
9..BIGTROT--- DONNA ---MD
10. LAMARION--------VA
11. FOTV/SUSAN---VA
12. CHICORY31---KERRIE--NC
13. CZIMMERMAN00----CHRISTINE---KY
14. MARTI001 -----KY
15. POISONDARTFROG --ALANA--KY
16. FRAUSNOW---JOANN--GA
17. PAULA_P------TX
18. CHEERMOM----SUEG--AZ
19. RISINGCREEK---KC--CA
20. DOMEHOMEDEE- DEE-CA
21. GARDENQUAIL---MICHELLE ---CA
22. EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN----CA
23. PATTI1959-- OR
24. ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA----OR
25. WWKATHY/KATHY-----CO
26. MINNESIPPI---STEPHINE---MINN
27. MELLEN1954---IOWA
28. MOMCAT--DEB-- ILL
29. DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA--IND
30. JLEE160--JEN--MI
31. SBISH5---SHIRLY---MI
32. DEEJAY9

This message was edited Oct 7, 2012 11:48 AM

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

That looks fine to me. I was going to be before marti so that I could include some things for her, but I will mail them to her separately in a few days anyway. That way if I want to put in a plant or two I know it will make it before it a freeze.
Finally, I am getting some seeds collected.
Alana

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Alana, thank you. I'm sorry to say I will not be able to make it to the DBF this yr. Sissy is having to go several times to Lexington for appointments at UK and we don't have the extra gas money for me to come to Barbourville. At least not until I get paid on the 17th.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

That looks fine to me. I'll try to find some seeds for plants that will survive cooler climates since it is heading north out of California. Maybe more annuals or plants that can be grown inside in Winter, LOL. It's a challenge.

Thanks for the time it took to put the flight plan together for us! Looks great to me.

Susie, I'm in New York City, not New Hampshire. I'll dmail you my address to make sure...

Pam

Got it fixed Pam ty & sorry was doing good yesterday My Frankie was sick & I Spent the last 26 yrs trying to get him Well & Nothing seem to work He Just passed away about 12:30 pm this afternoon its rainy & I cannot go Bury him. sorry but I have to just go cry for awhile
will feel better later & maybe able to see the keyboard better.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Susie ~ I am so sorry for your loss. Know that he is now in a better place and that he will be in peace. We cannot fix other people, but we never give up trying. Please do not blame it on yourself for whatever happened. Was this your son?

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I'm am so sorry for your loss, Susie. Please know that my prayers are with you and Frankie. I have lost my four footed friends also and I know how your heart hurts!

I'm so sorry. Please tell us more about him. He must have known all that time that you were trying to help him. And you must have helped him after all, 26 years is a very long time. I know that doesn't bring him back. We have all lost somewhere along the line, we all feel with you...

Frankie your big turkey? Oh that is so sad, Susie. Sending you a (((hug))).

Folks, I think that should have been 26 hours trying to save him. I remember a couple of years ago when he was born.

Oooooh.... How sad!!! Poor thing... And poor Susie! A big hug from me, too.

evening all & TY Still cannot believe he's gone & forgive me but the tears just flowing tonight with every thought of him so please forgive me while i go work on his headstone. 1st pic is this pass summer Frankie Tinker & Dolly in the back I Know she is lost without him also .
frankie was 5yrs old this Pass June Not sure how long Turkies can live but i know he had a good life :) By My Door was always His Favorite place to lay Waiting for me to come out & Go to the gardens .

He always let me know when anyone Drove into the yard , I know people may think I'm crazy for Loving a Turkey as I did .but thats ok:)
well off to work on his headstone . back in the morning .

Misunderstanding ARFITZ-----ALEXANDER---NH is sending seeds for the robin for all to share & Bluespiral ask to rejoin so
the change is after pam & Before bigtrot :) well GN all .

FALL ROBIN FLIGHT PATH
1 .MIDWESTFARMWIFE----MARY---OH
2. OBLIQUA----JUDITH----PA
3 GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN----NH
4. ALIKAT32 /ALI--NH
5. PFG---PAM---NY
6. SNARVA,----- NJ
7. CRIS316------NJ
8. BLUESPIRAL----MD
9..BIGTROT--- DONNA ---MD
10. LAMARION--------VA
11. FOTV/SUSAN---VA
12. CHICORY31---KERRIE--NC
13. CZIMMERMAN00----CHRISTINE---KY
14. MARTI001 -----KY
15. POISONDARTFROG --ALANA--KY
16. FRAUSNOW---JOANN--GA
17. PAULA_P------TX
18. CHEERMOM----SUEG--AZ
19. RISINGCREEK---KC--CA
20. DOMEHOMEDEE- DEE-CA
21. GARDENQUAIL---MICHELLE ---CA
22. EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN----CA
23. PATTI1959-- OR
24. ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA----OR
25. WWKATHY/KATHY-----CO
26. MINNESIPPI---STEPHINE---MINN
27. MELLEN1954---IOWA
28. MOMCAT--DEB-- ILL
29. DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA--IND
30. JLEE160--JEN--MI
31. SBISH5---SHIRLY---MI

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Lake Mohawk, NJ(Zone 6a)

Hi Susie, hi everyone, thanks for letting me join.  I'm really looking forward to it.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Sorry for not posting for so long... got busy with things, then was away for the weekend.
Fruity and jlee160, I've made note of your requests :) I think I can divide the Heliotrope three ways, one portion for each of us; Renee's Garden says there's about 200 seeds per packet, so we should each still get a good number for planting :)
Fruity, looks like the box gets to you before me. Are you going to have the box come to you a second time, or should I send seeds to you separately?
Looks like the others of you who have requested seeds from me so far are later in the flight path, so be sure to look for an envelope from me to you :)
Michelle

Hi, Snarva.
So glad you could join us... Welcome! :)
Michelle

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

For those interested my package will be heading sisies way in the morning. A list of seeds going will be placed on the other thread tonight so ya may wanna see what's available....

Specific packs for: Diamond919, Fruity, and frausnow..... and some for susie also.......

Some are divided into small bags, tho not many. Small bags are included for those who haven't gotten any yet, to get a pinch. Hope ya all find some goodies coming your way.

This Rudbeckia is included, both pix are of the same plant, just showing coloring as the flower matures

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Oh boy, I'm right near the beginning! And I have a load of goodies going in. Today I collected and cleaned seeds from my Potentillas, both Monarch Velvet and Miss Willmott. So Susie, or anyone else, if you need some just let me know and I'll put some in your package. MV is finished, but Miss W is still blooming her head off.

My salvias are still blooming, too. It's confusing because the blossom stalks are really, really long with just a few little florets at the ends. Would there be seeds near the bottom, where the pods are more developed? Or do I have to wait until the whole stalk turns brown?

Interesting that they are still going because I wasn't around to deadhead. Obviously they don't need it except for neatness. Live and learn...

Pam

Elk Horn, KY

Thats so sad susie... our furrry/feathered friends sure get close.. i have a horse that ive had for about 11 years or more & totally love her! A german shepherd dog that we got while i was pregnant with my 4 year old son, and that dog is sure my kids best buddy:))

Thumbnail by czimmerman00
brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

So sorry Susie ((hugs))

Michelle, seriously, a small pinch of the Heliotrope seeds is sufficient. Will probably have the Robin during the second round since many seeds I want to include are still drying on the plants.

Alana, here's one of the Tithonia blooms. They are Orange on top, Yellow underneath.

It's another chilly rainy day and we had our first fire last night, feels so nice and cozy. Off to make a chicken pot pie for supper.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Chicken Pot Pie!!! I'm having left over spagetti.
Our oven is in need of repare, so can't fix anything that requires use of the oven.

Jamestown, OH

Susie,

So sorry about your pet turkey. Domestic fowl really do have personalities. Even though our free range chickens drive me crazy when they get in the flower beds, and we have to fence in the garden so they don't eat all the tomatoes - I still enjoy watching them, and the eggs are the best! I had an Ameraucana hen (laid blue eggs) that I named Petunia. She used to keep me company when I worked in the flowerbeds, just waiting for a worm or grub and came to the back door for treats. We have a Barred Cochin hen that's at least 11 or 12 yrs. old that I call "Grandma." She pecks all the other hens who try to get near her food.

Sometimes memories of the simple things in life are the most rewarding.

Hi, all.
Fruity, thinking about it, I'll probably just take a small pinchof the Heliotrope, too. And, for now, I'll plan to include your seeds in an envelope in the box for you to get the second go-around. But let me know if you decide that you'd rather have them mailed separate. Will put a pinch of each of the others you've requested in the envelope, too :)
I'll also set aside a pinch of the Heliotrope for jlee160. And I'll include the rest in a bag along with the seed pack so people can see what the flowers look like and can get the directions for how to grow them :) Will also do this with the Phlox Dutch Tapestry and the Salvia "Marble Arch".
Susie, my thoughts and prayers are with you, too.
Michelle

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.