Lamb's Ears stachy byzantina
Lily Turf Lirope muscari
Pink Hardy Hibiscus Hibiscus moschuetos
Rose of Sharon Hibiscus syriacus
Spider Flower Cleome hasslerianna
Texas Star Hibiscus coocineus
Yellow Scabiosa ochroleuca
Zinnia mix zinnia elegans

WILL HAVE (as soon as dry enough and/or packaged up)
American Beautyberry Calicarpa americana
Japanese Red Maple Acer palmatum
Liriope (not the variegated one)

WISH LIST
Any perennial seeds
Coral Bean
Cannas
Any seed whose plant name has the word "snow" in it.
Sunflowers
Babysbreath
Gomphrena
Monardas
Gaillardias
Heavenly Blue Morning Glory
Poppies
Torch / poker plant
Tree/shrub seeds
Corkscrew Vine Vigna
Hot Lips Chelone
Lupine
Hot Lips Salvia
Fire Spinner Ice
Red Painted Daisy

SEEDS FOR OTHERS
FOTV- Sent 10-15-12

sbish5-
texas star hibiscus
zinnia mix
cleome
cosmos

SEEDS FROM OTHERS
Alikat -
Silene coronaria “rose campion”
Tritoma kniphofia – “flamenco mix”
Blanket flower

FOTV -
Cannas- Miss Oklahoma, Tropical Sunrise, Eureka
Coreopsis 'Red Shift' and "Full Moon"
Marigold 'Vanilla'
Agastache 'Golden Jubilee' and ''Blue Fortune'

Pfg -
White Knautia
Nicotiana Alata Fragrant Angel and N Langsdorfii
Salvia "Snow Hill'

This message was edited Sep 30, 2012 1:21 PM

This message was edited Sep 30, 2012 1:23 PM

This message was edited Oct 12, 2012 8:08 AM

This message was edited Oct 15, 2012 2:41 PM

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

My swap requests:

May I please have the following from:

Deejay9
COREOPSIS "ROUTE 66"
COREOPSIS "PRESTO"
COREOPSIS "BABY SUN"
CARNATION "DBL YELLOW -GRENADIN GOLDEN SUN"
GAILLARDIA "FANFARE"
GAILLARDIA "TOKAJER"
POM POM POPPY MIXED RED & PINK
POM POM POPPY PURPLE

ordairygirl
Malope glacier fruit pink
Painted Tongue

Cris316
Baby's Breath: Covent Garden
Bachelor Buttons (mix)

warriorswisdomkathy
Centaurea montana Amethyst in Snow

Marti001
orkra seeds

This message was edited Sep 30, 2012 1:25 PM

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Frausnow, I'll set some of each aside for you. What color are your Cleomes? I haven't had any for a while, not even volunteers this year for the first time.

Deejay, my plants are white. I'll get some off to you on Monday if you're still interested.

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

JoAnn,
Please save a few of these for me:

I'll be glad to earmark these for you.
Cannas- Miss Oklahoma, Tropical Sunrise, Eureka
Coreopsis 'Red Shift' and "Full Moon"
Marigold 'Vanilla'
Agastache 'Golden Jubilee' and ''Blue Fortune'
hybiscus peppermint schnapps, saltry kiss, kopper king, party favor, blue river,and a few others. These are not my haves.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome Joann Good to have you with us . I Have my Neighbor with me today & Maybe for the Night :) Her daddy is in the Hospital
So I have to keep her entertained with color books & Movies :) right now getting her super but just wanted to let you all know I will check in when I Find out if she is here for the night or not :)

JoAnn right now I"m unable to find the seeds of the carnation never collected them before so still have to find out how .
but i do have the others on the list .
back later with moree info :)

1.CHICORY31---KERRIE--NC
2.DIAMOND9192002 / ANITA--IND
3.WWKATHY/KATHY-----MO
4.FOTV/SUSAN---VA
5.ALIKAT32 /ALI--NH
6.ORDAIRYGIRL / TESSA----OR
7.GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN----NH
8.EVELYN_INTHEGARDEN----CALF
9.CRIS316------NJ
10. PAULA_P------TX
11. FRAUSNOW---JOANN--GA
12. CZIMMERMAN00----CHRISTINE---KY
13. LAMARION----VA
14 MIDWESTFARMWIFE----MARY---OH
15 RISINGCREEK---KC--CALF
16 MINNESIPPI---STEPHINE---MINN
17. OBLIQUA----JUDITH----PA
18 MARTI001 -----KY
19 MELLEN1954---IOWA
20. MOMCAT--DEB-- ILL
21 POISONDARTFROG --ALANA--KY
23 ARFITZ-----ALEXANDER---NJ
24 GARDENQUAIL---MICHELLE ---CALF
25 PFG---PAM---NY
26 PATTI1959-- OR
27 DOMEHOMEDEE- DEE-CA
28. SNARVA,----- NJ

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

And welcome, jlee160! I'm sure Susie will get your name added soon, too :) Susie, you'll find jlee160's request to join just before Joann's. Figured you may have missed it when you took a quick glance while taking care of your visitor :)
Hope you both had a good visit and that your visitor's dad is feeling better soon.
Michelle

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Here's my list again....
The number is how many packets I think I can make with the seed I have :)
If you've asked for something specific -- I've added your name next to it so I don't forget to get an envie marked special for you!
Candi

Ligularia dentata “Bigleaf Ligularia” - 20 (czimmerman wants one packet)

Catananche caerulea – Cupid’s Dart “Amor White” -- 10

Erigeron speciosus – daisy fleabane “rose juwel” - 10

Scabiosa caucasica – pincushion flower – purple – 10

Scabiosa – pincushion flower – white - 2 - (one for PFG)

Echinacea purpurea – White Coneflower – 5

Echinacea – purple coneflower - 10 (gardenseeder wants one packet)

Lunaria “Money Plant” - 10

Silene coronaria “rose campion” - 10 - frausnow

Red Lupine – 2

Allium – 3ft tall – 9

Tritoma kniphofia – “flamenco mix” – 3 - frausnow

Rubbeckia hirta – rustic colors black-eyes susan - - 5

Armeria maritime – sea thrift – 2

Achillea - Red yarrow – 10

Achillea “moonshine – yellow” – 20 (fruity wants one packet)

Orange poppy – 1

Blanket flower – 1 - frausnow

Yellow daylily – 5

Tiger lily - 3

White giant masterwort – 10

Evening primrose – 2 – Fruity

Pink columbine – 3

Jacob’s ladder - 2

++++++++++++++++++++

Seeds I Would Like:
FOTV - Agastache, Sunflowers, Blue Sea Holly, cosmos, zinnia, vanilla marigold
DJ- HollyHock, Columbine, Cosmos, hardy hibiscus,
Tessa - coreopsis. fringed pinks
Cris316 - columbine
LaMarion - marigold

This message was edited Sep 29, 2012 7:43 AM

This message was edited Oct 2, 2012 6:16 AM

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Susie, carnation seeds can get away from you if you wait too long. You can put an organza bag or something else that is not air tight over the seed head to try to save them as the flower heads dry. Even if you don't, you should get a few seeds. Wait until the seed pod is dry and brown. It is an elongated tube with an opening at the top. All you have to do collect those and turn them upside down over a white piece of paper or a plate and squeeze the sides of the tube gently. The seeds will fall right out. The seeds are black and kind of angular in appearance.
Have a nice weekend everyone.
Alana

Alikat, I'd love one of your white Scabiosa. Thanks!

Pam

Welcome JLEE & Good Morning to all Well My House Guess Has gone So I Hope to get back to My Forums Now .
TY Alana I Will go check it out I Have Lots of organza bag 's so will go try that .
I Have to go get my Lumber this Morning so My brother can get tpo a few of my HONEY DO List HEHE.
ya all have a great day back soon .
susie

OPENING for 2 More yet

.CHICORY31---KERRIE--NC
3.WWKATHY/KATHY-----MO
4.FOTV/SUSAN---VA
5.ALIKAT32 /ALI--NH
9.CRIS316------NJ
10. PAULA_P------TX
11. FRAUSNOW---JOANN--GA
13. LAMARION----VA
18 MARTI001 -----KY
19 MELLEN1954---IOWA
20. MOMCAT--DEB-- ILL
22 JLEE160--JEN--MI
25 PFG---PAM---NY
26 PATTI1959-- OR
27 DOMEHOMEDEE- DEE-CA
28. SNARVA,----- NJ

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Ya'll area talking seeds, Im baking :) Yesterday two pumpkin pies from scratch. Today a batch of no bake cookies and the caramel apple cheesecake is in the oven :) Tomorrow, its chicken wild rice soup, possibly tomato soup if I can find a food mill and who knows what else. I've collected all the seeds that are roaming around my yard already. drying what needs it. There are still some clem seeds I can collect, but there are also still flowers blooming!
Son won his football game today. He got a touchdown! Daughters soccer game tied at 3. Helped the inlaws tear our some juniper and spirea. They are adding a bigger drive in concrete this week. I got about 30 or so mini-hosta from her that came out as well. (Oh crap, I left them in the trunk of my car)
Very busy day today - and Im sure just as busy tomorrow without the sporting events. Need to water the yard tomorrow. Another day in the 80's forecasted. It was absolutely beautiful today!!

GM To all Late start My Internet didn't want to wake up this morning . its haven a few issues so i hope it will stay on long enough for me to get this posted . .

Grass was a little damp this morning so as soon as it is dry enough I want to go collect more seeds also.

STEP: Just a Hint that if you happen to get my name in a trade for ANYTHING This WINTER That
caramel apple cheesecake Sure would go good I"M Sure With my COFFEE :))))) Guess I Better go settle for my S"K's But even with my New Meal Guide I Can still Dream of the good stuff :)

well ya all have a great day will be back later.
susie

Chilly and damp, same as the last two days. I cleaned the seed that dried from last week and collected a bunch more that needs to dry. Today I need to move some plants around. The weather is good for that, even if it isn't so enjoyable to be out there.

Alikat, I just looked at your list again... In addition to the white Scabiosa, could you also save some white catananche for me? I'll have a more complete list soon, maybe there's something you will want from me.

Thanks, Pam

Candi, I'm not the one with Sunflower seeds but do want some. Gotcha down for Agastache, Blue Sea Holly, cosmos, zinnia, vanilla marigold.

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Susie ~ Could we have a separate thread for "haves" and "wants"?? Then we just post one time and edit it when it needs changing, so people can find the posts more quickly. (Just an idea...) Thanks!

Alikat ~ I would like to try your white cupid's dart.

The deer have eaten some blooms from flowers that I was hoping to save the seeds. I sprayed again, but they are very hungry. They ate my delphinium, which I thought was poisonous, the monarda, the pineapple sage, and the tree peonies. Just nibbled those, but they look unsightly now as they were SO pretty. Also the apricot cosmos bipinnatus, of which is exceedingly scarce. The 'Yellow Garden' is still standing for now, and looks like it is beginning to bloom, as they are very late bloomers. I had to buy them as plants, but I was hoping to bring them to seed. I should have put them inside my fenced garden area. I was going to also share my seeds of Heliopsis 'Summer Sun', but those flowers are now gone as well. I don't know if any more will take their place this season.

I have collected some seeds of other plants and will share my list with you as soon as I have them sifted, as they are just seed-heads for now. I can say for sure that I will have hardy hibiscus, Spanish lavender and English lavender and some various yarrow. More to follow....

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

Pfg - my Cleomes are Purple/lavendar. Shall I set some aside for you?

Winterville, GA(Zone 8a)

DJ, that's ok on the carnation seeds. Maybe someone else will have some.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Alana, thanks for the inoformation on the DBF. I am going to try and make it. Sounds like fun.

ok EVELYN Just for you :) Well not really don't think you would have much fun there by yourself :)
THIS THREAD WAS SUPPOSE TO BE OUR HAVES & WANTS BUT GOT AWAY FROM US
COME CHECK IT OUT IF YOU WOULD LIKE .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1282506/

Please IF You Want to You are welcome to go post your Haves or wants & Keep track of who wants what . But NO CHAT THere
Please post your list then if anyone wants something from your list Just go EDIT Your Post .

Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6a)

Here are some of the seeds I promised. I wasn't able to get seeds from all the plants I originally listed, but there are some that were not listed as well. I don't think I want to order any, but list the seeds available anyway. Just in case! arfitz

Upper Marlboro, MD(Zone 6b)

Susie,

Please, don't leave me out! I've been away and wasn't paying attention to your posts. The last swap was so much fun!

Let me know if you still have room for me to join. I'm still collecting seeds from this years harvest.

Thanks,
bigtrot

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Susie, I'd love some of your peppermins schnapps hibiscus, if you have enough to share.

Deb

gottcha bigtrot Now just please send me your Name & mailing address so the robin Knows where to land :)))

Deb: I Have you listed for PS HIB & I Have about 5pks of each

CHICORY31---KERRIE--NC
3.WWKATHY/KATHY-----MO
4.FOTV/SUSAN---VA
5.ALIKAT32 /ALI--NH
9.CRIS316------NJ
10. PAULA_P------TX
11. FRAUSNOW---JOANN--GA
13. LAMARION----VA
18 MARTI001 -----KY
19 MELLEN1954---IOWA
20. MOMCAT--DEB-- ILL
22 JLEE160--JEN--MI
25 PFG---PAM---NY
26 PATTI1959-- OR
27 DOMEHOMEDEE- DEE-CA
28. SNARVA,----- NJ
29. BIGTROT---

Candi, would you earmark one pack each of these for me please?
Armeria maritime – sea thrift
Achillea - Red yarrow
Pink Columbine

Remember back in the Spring when you, WWKathy, and Susie requested Columbine seeds? I haven't forgotten and have a pack of each for ya'll separated by color. If anyone else is interested, let me know by indicating pic 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

I may end up with enough mixed Cosmos 'Bright Lights' and 'Klondike' to plant the back 40! There's already a quart size Ziploc bag full of clean seeds and I started gathering in another one last week.

Well over half the Zinnias are still going strong and must have collected 50 or more heads already in a large brown paper grocery bag. Question about them. On the bottom where the petals form, are those seeds too? I shucked a few of the heads and had forgotten how much their remains look like those of Coneflowers.

Surprisingly, nobody I know of has asked for Daylily seeds. Mine are mixed, cooling in the fridge just waiting for new homes.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

DJ ~ Will you please save me some seeds from your 'Blue River' Hibiscus?

FOTV ~ I will take some of those cosmos seeds off your hands....

Thank you!

Great, Evelyn! You are more than welcome to a generous portion. Never have I seen Cosmos that produce seeds like these plants have.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

I just posted my list so far...

FOTV, I'd love some of your cosmos. I'm starting a new bright section and that will help fill in while I wait for the perennials to fill in.

Deejay, I will send the plants tomorrow...

Pam

Gotcha down, Pam. You'll really enjoy these bright, care-free fillers. I planted the seeds in a trench of clay soil, covered them lightly with good potting soil, watered at planting time, and let Mother Nature do the rest.

Alana, the Tithonia rotundifolia plants have grown to an astonishing height approaching 10' and they're finally getting heavy with buds. One is especially strange looking and may be a morph. I'll take pics and post them tomorrow.

It's past my bedtime, folks, so I'll see you all tomorrow.

GM All

EVE I Will Put you down for BR _Hib ty

Fruity I will be very happy to take as many extra Zinnias as you have later today I will show you what Jim Has been working on the Pass week
& where they will go :)) * I will love all those Columbines thank you .
Off to town back later.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Susie - the cheesecakes didnt turn out the way I wanted them to. I did individual ones. They look horrible but OMGOsh do they taste nummy!! I did Caramel apples cheesecake and made Chicken wild rice soup (stew) yesterday. Also made no bake cookies, did all the laundry, washed the cat boxes and laundry room floor, cleaned the garage and moved all the garage sale stuff to the shed. Might actually be able to park 2 cars in the garage right now - I dont know if we have done that since we've moved back home 3 years ago! Just gotta get the John Deere running and we are set for winter I think. Leaves are dropping everywhere. The next few weeks will be spent raking and watering.
I am still searching for any more seeds that pop up. Right now all I have left on the stem is Joe-pye. I havent been in the front to look too hard yet. There is probably some hosta there too.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

minnesippi, very busy day!!

Jamestown, OH

When do we know the flight path of the robin, or did I miss a post about it?

Elk Horn, KY

Fuitofthevine, i would love some of your red columbine #1. So delicate & pretty!

Concord, NH

fruit id love a big bunch of your cosmos please,susan

Deejay, you have dmail...

Does anyone have white Datura? Mine was just starting to bloom when I left, and was dead when I got back. I'd love to try it again.

Pam

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Fruit your plants are not true to type. Either that or you are feeding them something I need you to send me some of, lol. I will be interested to see if the flowers are gold, as they should be.

How is the New Have & Wish page working for everyone I have to go update mine but I Need to know if anyone can tell me what this Plant is ? I'm hoping to get seeds from it love the plant & hope to grow more of them from seed.

Pam: I have the Metel La Flur ? I Think it is Good Golly I Think I Now Know how Gramma Was Named If this Plant was around in the 1800's
& I was Named after Her But our name is Spelled Just a tad differ :)

back later

Thumbnail by deejay9

They haven't been fed a thing are growing in the poorest soil we have. Go figure? One bloom has started to open in the very tip top, looks orange from a distance but that could be a play of light, or lack of since today was overcast and rainy. The plant with the first bloom is 10' tall, I measured...lol Amazing looking plants, especially considering the seeds weren't planted until June!

Will do, Susan and Chris. The red and yellow Columbine (#1) is one from the Winky Series, short and sweet.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

The haves / wants thread is working well for me, Susie. I bookmarked it so I could switch back and forth from this one easily.
Pretty plant, don't know what it is though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.