DJ'S SEED ROBINS IN FLIGHT PT 4

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

YeeHaa Amanda,
(I knew you would come around) Nothing like a box of seeds to tame the winter blahs.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Yer makin' me smile and I am definitely trying hard to frown. >:(

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

well Let me see here !!!!!! hummmm :)))) did someone twist an arm ??? yes amanda if you will send your address to george or it mightbe o the list yet i do not know either way just make sure george has your address. i will add you back in has everyone been taken a caard out as the robin makes it stop @ your home . there should have been a card from me for each of you with a NUMBER on it .
if you did not take a card please let me know .

susie

(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN(Zone 6a)

Oops I did not take a card. Was it in both Robins?

Deb, I made the mistake of sealing the box before I out the addresses back end. The end that doesn't have the tape has the addresses tucked in.

cards would have been in your 1st robin anita but that is ok I Will just put everyones names in a hat & Let daddy draw , he likes to do that for me . planting vines today will show & Tell when i see sprouts .
off to play ya all have a great day

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Anita I have you address so I will get this bird in the air tomorrow.

I'm about finished up here just getting ready to pack up everything.

I have repacked seeds into smaller size ziplocks if needed and transferred any names/lists as approprriate.
I have really enjoyed the robin this year-thanks to everyone who put in all the nice variety of seeds. And a
special thanks to all those who cleaned your seeds. I am really looking forward to my garden this year.

George " PLEASE NOTE " you will be sending the robin to AMANDAESQ---AMANDA-- if her address is in the robin check see if not we will get it to you by LATER this evening I Hope . DO NOT SEND TO ANITA /Diamond Please.
got go sit with daddy while jim goes bowling back later
susie

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh goodie - back to causing trouble. :D

george is amandas address in the robin yet ??? amanda will you dmail your address to george just in case it is not in there .
ty . or check the address exchange .

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

I have Amanda's address and will send it off to her in the morning. :)

Darn it! I was just getting excited s out getting the Robin again. LoL J/K

I just mailed off the Robin yesterday. LoL

ty anita maybe next fall ;)

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Susie,
I soak any kind of bean if thats any help. I usually get nice germination.

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

The Robin West Round 2 west to east has taken flight again! (This is the first one listed at top of thread)
It is on its way to AMANDAESQ.

The confirmation Receipt #:
0311 2550 0003 8248 8462

Again, thanks to everyone and I hope we can do this again real soon Susie.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I believe the box is at my post office. The mailman didn't leave it, just a slip of paper telling me I have a package that can be picked up after 7am tomorrow. Well, that means after work tomorrow for me!!

Deb

might be an excuse to get off early deb :) hehe

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

getting closer!! :D

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Just checking in!!!

Though Robin West shows confirmation and acceptance from George in Polkton, NC on 1/30, and expected delivery date of 1/31 (!!!) there is no further information regarding transit. Needless to say it has not arrived on 1/31.

Oh, the anticipation. Like Heinz from a bottle. :P

A.

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Question for the person who put the Orchid Tree seeds in.
Can you tell me if this is one of the indoor ornamentals?
What can you tell me about its care & germination.
I'm trying to figure out how/where to plant it.
Thanks,
Cris

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Well Amanda at least you will have it for the weekend, thats always cool yea!

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I picked up the box from the post office yesterday afternoon. I can't believe how many packs of seeds are in there. It's going to take careful packing to get it to close up again!! I started going through the packs, but didn't get to finish. Anxious to get home today, so I can spread them all out and finish going through them!! All I can say is WOW!!

Deb

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

I am home and ready to receive whenever you send, Momcat. Hopefully, it will be here by/before Monday. :)))

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I'm going to try to get it to the post office tonight, if not, tomorrow for sure. It just depends on what time I can get out of work today. If I can get it out today, you may get it on Sat.

Deb

Athens, PA

Linda!

Happy Birthday!

H-Birthday Linda Hope your haven a special day . deb sounds great just let me know when it is in flight i will post it for you if need be I Know your busy >
susie

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

The robin is on it's way to Mellen!! Have fun with it!! It took a couple of retries to get everything to fit in the box, and it is bulging a bit!!

Deb

TY Deb Heads Up Mellen Hope you had a great trip sure wish i could get away :) stop pick me up on your next trip :))))

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi everybody!

The box came today but I just got home and haven't even opened it. All kinds of craziness today and a veterinary visit with my green iguana all the way to Raleigh tomorrow. I don't think I'll get to look at it till tomorrow night or Friday -drat. :/

The suspense is killing me, but I have to be in Raleigh at 9 a.m. with a very crabby iguana, so I'd better hit the sack.

Thank you George for sending it to me after all. I had resigned myself to live without it, but now you see my steely resolve . . .. HA.

Good night everybody - I will leave you with a picture of Lovely Rita taken on 12/28/2011.

xox
A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Hope your guana is okay.
I know you opened the box and started through it - regardless of your schedule...didn't you ;)

Athens, PA

Oh Amanda - I hope Rita isn't ill. Hoping her crabbiness is just PMS. (Do iguanas get PMS?)

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Belated B'day wishes Linda ! Hope you had an adventurous day.

LoL @ Carolyn!

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Closer, closer.........

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

A. is Rita really as large as she looks? I don't think I've ever actually seen one. I thought they were little guys you can hold in your hand.

Sorry for being away aldayplaces to go errands to do Ya all know what I Mean :) Home Now going to Go get a shower ^ Lay back with a Movie Mellen You should maybe have the robin tomorrow if your lucky :)))))

Ok Got to show you all this you won't believe this but this is true these seeds were in one of my last robins think from Poisondartfrog maybe ?? anyway Monday Morning I opened the pack spilled them out into this spagrum most acidently & could not dig out the seeds my eye sight is not the best with seeds so I just stuck a tag in with them just in case well looky here they popped up yesterday & The other Bean seeds i put in there have not came up yet . so in 3 days this is what is there or really 2 1/2 days .WOW

will show others i have started

Thumbnail by deejay9

this is the pink or purple Hyacinth not sure of it

Thumbnail by deejay9

here are the coral vines , purple cotton , & of an a Dutch Iris I couldn't say NO to at the store the other day :) also trying a few cuttings will let you know if they make it :) well go to go sit back has been a long day

Thumbnail by deejay9

Diamond, THANK YOU for the seeds you sent! Much appreciated.

Come on seed box....I am SO ready. I was really afraid I was going to have to back out due to being gone.

Nice looking seedlings, Susie. I am waiting til I get home from my next trip to start seeds and wintersow.
ME

IT's HERE!!! The robin landed 1/2 hour ago. I am now diving in.....It will be ready to go back out on Monday. Promise!
ME

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.