DJ'S SEED ROBINS IN FLIGHT PT 4

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

WE CAME FROM HERE :2011 FALL SEED SWAP PT 1---- CLOSED
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1210221/#top

WE CAME FROM HERE :2011 FALL SEED SWAP PT 2 --- CLOSED
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1226307/#new
WE CAME FROM HERE : -----CLOSED
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1229046/
Well Our Robin is getting ready to fly within the Next few weeks so as promised the "FLIGHT PLAN IS" As Followed .
all I Ask is that if you see that you are going to be gone within that week that it is to land to please
POST & LET US KNOW We can reroute then send back to you.

ROBIN WEST ROUND 1

----LEFT THE NEST-------- NOV 7TH
-------------------------------------------------LANDED -------------TAKE OFF
# 1 NF293--------NANCY--------------------------NOV 9 TH -----------NOV 14TH
# 2 ORDAIRYGIRL------TESSA---------------NOV 16 TH-----------NOV 17TH
# 3 MINNESSIPPI---------STEPHANIE------NOV 21 ST---------NOV 22 TH
# 4 MELLEN1954-----MARY ELLEN-------NOV 25 TH-----------NOV 28 TH
# 5 MOMCAT-----DEB -----------------------NOV 30 TH--------DEC 3 RD
# 6 DIAMOND9192001-------ANITA------ DEC 8TH --------DEC 10 TH
------------------------------------------
SECOND TIME AROUND WEST TO EAST

# 7 IGROWINPA------- LINDA---------DEC 12TH------DEC 14TH
# 8 CAROLYN22----CAROLYN-------DEC 17TH------DEC 19TH
# 9 GARDENSEEDER-----SUSAN------DEC 22-----DEC 27 TH
#10 CRIS316--------CRIS--------DEC 29 TH-------JAN 3RD
# 11 WIND--------DIANA-----JAN 6 TH----JAN 10 TH
# 12PFG---------PAM--------JAN 12 TH---JAN14 TH
# 13 BLUESPIRAL--------KAREN---JAN 20TH ---- JAN 24 TH
# 14 BIGTROT---------DONNA-----JAN 25 TH ----JAN 26 TH
# 15 ANSONFAN--------GEORGE------JAN 28 TH----JAN 30TH
# 16 AMANDAESQ---AMANDA------FEB 1 ST-----FEB--6TH
#17MRSSPEEDSGARDEN------SHIRLEY-----FEB 11TH---- FEB 13 TH
# 18POISONDARTFROG-----ALANA-----FEB 15 TH-----FEB 18 TH
#19 ALBEACHREALTOR---EMILY -----FEB 21 -----
# 20 DEEJAY9-----SUSIE------LANDED SAT FEB 25 TH
---------------------------------------------------------------

ROBIN EAST --------------NOV 7 TH
---------------------------------------LANDED----------TAKE OFF
# 1 POISONDARTFROG----------NOV 9TH---- NOV 12 TH
# 2 MECHELLET--------------NOV 14 TH-------NOV 25 TH
# 3 MRSSPEEDSGARDEN---NOV 28 TH---NOV 30TH
# 4 ANSONFAN------------------DEC 1ST-----DEC 5 TH
# 5 AMANDAESQ------------DEC 8TH ------DEC 12 TH
# 6 BIGTROT-------------DEC 14TH --------DEC 15 TH
# 7 BLUESPIRAL-------DEC 20 TH -----DEC 21 ST
# 8 WIND-------------------DEC 23---------DEC 30 TH
# 9 -- PFG ---------- JAN-------2----------JAN 5 TH
# 10 GARDENSEEDER-------JAN 7 TH------- JAN 9 th
# 11 CAROLYN22----------JAN 11-------JAN 14 TH
# 12 CRIS307-------JAN 17 TH-- JAN 19 TH
# 13 IGROWINPA---JAN 20 TH -----JAN 23 RD
-----------------------------------------
SECOUND TIME AROUND EAST TO WEST

# 14 DIAMOND9192001-------JAN 25 TH ----JAN 28 TH
# 15 MOMCAT---------JAN 31 ST -----FEB 1 ST
# 16 MELLEN1954-----FEB 3 RD -------FEB 6TH
# 17 MINNESSIPPI---FEB 8 TH------FEB 9 TH
# 18 ORDAIRYGIRLFEB ----FEB 13 TH-----FEB 15 TH
# 19 NF2932----------FEB------18 th-------FEB 21
# 20 DEEJAY9----LANDED THURSDAY FED 24 th

**************GAME 3 FLIGHT HOME GUESSES************

. ONE Who Comes closes WITHOUT Passing the LANDING DATE Will WIN .

NF2932---------------DEC 29th.-----
MONKEYMOMR----------------JAN 15 TH------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN ------JAN 25 TH
BIGTROT --------FEB 13 th
MOMCAT--------FEB 14 TH
POISONDARTFROG------FEB 17 TH
ANSONFAN------FEB 6 TH
PFG----------------------FEB 24 TH WINNER OF ROBIN LANDING
MELLEN----------MAR 18 TH
CAROLYN-------MAR 2ND
GARDENSEEDER63-----MAR 6 TH
CRIS316---------MAR 20 TH
MINNESSIPPI---------MAR 21

BLUESPIRAL ----WINNER OF THE NAME DRAW

<

This message was edited Feb 1, 2012 7:25 PM

This message was edited Feb 3, 2012 3:33 PM

This message was edited Feb 8, 2012 9:15 PM

This message was edited Feb 11, 2012 8:01 PM

This message was edited Feb 14, 2012 1:48 PM

This message was edited Feb 16, 2012 8:13 AM

This message was edited Feb 21, 2012 8:30 PM

This message was edited Feb 27, 2012 1:07 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9
brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

9 more and its mine again :) (patiently waiting and prepping new seeds)

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

I've had a wonderful time with everyone's goodies... I thought I was being conservative, only taking what I'm sure I can use and have a place for, but somehow still my pile grew and grew... And the box is still stuffed! Good luck to me getting everything growing this spring.

I had it ready to go this morning, but was mistaken in the order. Luckily I got the message in time, but had to rush to an appointment and didn't have to make the correction. So as soon as i'm done here I'll be sending it off ASAP, should be an hour or so.

What a generous bunch we all are!

Happy gardening to all...

Pam

GM all I Hope i have the list right I Just need to know these dates i lost track of
THIS IS THE WEST TO EAST ROBIN

#10 CRIS316--------CRIS--------DEC 29 TH------- when sent
# 11 WIND--------DIANA----- WHEN ARRIVED & IF SENT ????
# 12PFG---------PAM--------

THEN FOR THE EAST TO WEST

7 BLUESPIRAL-------DEC 20 TH -----DEC 21 ST
# 8 WIND-------------------DEC 23---------
# 9 -- PFG ---------- JAN-------2----------

STILL UNDER THE WEATHER HERE BUT I HOPE TO BE ON THE MEND WILL TRY TO GET BACK LATER

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Stayin' in the loop! :D

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

:D

amanda good to see ya watching us just let me know if ya change your mind for the second robin. jim just brought me lunch daddy is all worried about me so i have to call him :) its very hard to stay up long but i miss everyone . & i'm not the type to lay in bed all day .

well off to finish my lunch & ro read a bit .
susie

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

Susie, please continue to take care of yourself!

I inadvertently posted on the old thread, so here it is again...

Oh Amanda, too bad! I just sent off the robin you contributed to, not before partaking of some of your bounty. So thank you, and good luck with your problem.

What a treat it is to share in so many harvests! I got things I didn't realize i needed, things I've read about but assumed would be too difficult to find, things that would be really cool in my garden that had never occurred to me before. I can't imagine what more could tempt me in #2-- but I bet I'll find something anyway. As it is, my seed starting resources will be quite strained this spring!

Susie, don't worry, I made a new list in the correct order to send to, and re-numbered the addresses to match. After Gardenseeder/Cris (I emailed Susan about it so she knows what to do), it matches the top of this thread (#4). So everything is fine here, just think about getting well.

Dreaming of spring...

Pam

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Sorry to have to check out Amanda, its nice to make a new friend and hope your pipes are singing happily soon. :)

Glad to hear from you Susie, I know you are dealing with a lot and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Don't worry with this robin, if it flies around in a circle a few times it won't hurt it, it might just get a little dizzy. :)

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

Hi all

the WEST to EAST Robin just flew in!!! So great to come home to a box full of seeds. Thanks guys!

The box is showing signs of wear and tear and the side is held together by tape. I'm wondering if I should get a new box? Also, am I supposed to add seeds to this too? The box was packed pretty full, like the last one =)

Susie, hope you are feeling better

Diana

Susie, with all that is going on, you may have missed my previous dmail with the conf # and that I had sent the Robin East out to PFG on Dec. 30th

hope this helps fill in the blanks on your next Robin update =)

Thanks so much to everyone who contributed seeds!

GM all Findly a good nights sleep No Caugh or fever still don't know what is causing the pains in my chest & Back .but doc is working on another test should hear from him this morning .
TY For all the T's & P's .

Anita / I Loved our chat last night it cheered me up :)

As for Putting seeds into Both robins I Don't think you have to Just be sure to take your cards out of the robins each card has a NUMBER Be sure to Hold it or REMEMBER it .

ONLY The EAST Members are to put a towel in for your partner till it gets to IGROW Then the towel she puts in is for me & Will travel the west till it gets back to me. Unless someone takes it out & Mails it :)

You all are really doing great with this robin : Thank you all

Wind Yes if the Robin 's Nest is Pretty battered up & You can get another MED Flat Rate for it PLEASE DO SO :)
We Don't want him busting open in flight some where . ty .

ok time for me to go check another forum then do some reading Being laid up I Have been reading my gardening books
has anyone any for trade ????
have a great day

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Susie - is it possible with all of your coughing you tore a tendon or pulled muscles in your back? I've done that before - and if you are "out", it can be VERY painful. Get better soon. I know how difficult it is to stay in bed :(
What sort of gardening books are you looking for? I have lots that I would be willing to at least loan out - possibly trade (depends on the book I suppose)

stephanie -- the muscle spaz in my back have been there for months but getting worse these pass few weeks so doc trying to find out why , pancreaes , & gull bladder seem to be fine . so i hope to maybe find a way I Can loose about 25lbs & See if that will help
I Need big help with that for I'm on coumadine so cannot have much Greens in my Intake any dietitions (MS) in our group ???

as for the gardening books I Like garden gate , or how to books , I can send you the postage if anyone has any, if you want any of them back just write your name in them & I will see that you get them back .

can ya tell how bored I'm this morning the sun is out & I would love it better if it was spring & No PAIN would Keep me out of the Garden :) But the Cold dose . well ya all have a great day .

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I will take a look at what I have for books - I will send you dmail and see if you are interested in any of them :)

Hope you feel better soon. Try acupuncture for your spasms. It really does work :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I have to say this:

I SWEAR I saw seeds for the bird of paradise in the East to West robin and SWORE that I took a seed or two. I can't find them so I must not.

I would love to grow this plant, it was one of my mother's favorite flowers to receive in a bouquet, and the flower one of my brothers loved most to send to her. It would mean a lot if anyone had some to spare and special advice on how to get them to thrive. If I take the second robin (Susie I am still on the fence but my empty pockets are telling my rational brain to say "no") I know I will give and take as good as the first one. This is such a BLAST but really, how many seeds can a girl have (isn't that the same question some ask about shoes?).

Headache here, hopefully not from the leakage/seepage in the bsmt. Waiting for calls back from "after disaster" type contractors. If it were me I'd leave for a hotel already, but with all the plants and critters, I think I'm stuck here. For now. I don't know what the LLs are doing on their end, but backflow from the sewage main is not something to trifle with. They know I'm a lawyer so they know not to mess with this.

Will keep you posted. For now will go out and enjoy some more unseasonably warm, or at least a little higher than average temps. As long as the sun is shining, what can be wrong with the world?!

Loveya.
A.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I grabbed two BOP seeds - I can always give them to you if there aren't any left. I cant give advise on them though. I had purchased a plant from who knows where - 4 or 5 years ago...its doing nothing...:/

amanda i'm sure if there are any BOP seeds in one of the robins someone will be happy to share with you . i think they are like Some other seeds that take a couple years for them to mature but it would be fun to try them .

I'm hopping to find some lupine seeds when the robin comes home any or all colors mixed or not .dose not matter . fox tail seeds & fox glove also be nice. oh these books have me dreaming of spring :)
well off to add to my list :)
susie

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Susie - I will be sure to put Foxglove in for you - not sure if I have any lupine. I think I do, but I dont recall right now.

any will do ty . this spring I Would love to do many type of vines any passion vines out there ??? well i cannot sit up any longer you all have a great evening I Will be back on in the morning .
susie

I saw BOP seeds in the EAST robin that flew by not that long ago, maybe there are still a few somewhere. I didn't want to try it; too exotic. Not that I don't love exotic. I'm still trying to get our plumbago to bloom =/

Susie, I'm a dietitian (feels so good to be able to finally able to say that). To be successful at some weight loss it helps to make one very small change in your normal daily routine. It should be something you know you can follow through with. For some, a goal may be to reduce 500 calories a day from their diet, or burn off an extra 500 cal/d by doing some type of physical activity. In your case, I would not even worry about it until you feel better. I recommend getting an okay from your doctor first too.

I'm sitting here surrounded by seeds lol!!! trying to sort through so I can get the Robin back in flight. I'll pick up a new box tomorrow, no problem.

have a nice weekend,
Diana

Susie, I saw a packet of Texas bluebonnet lupines in the East robin. Maybe someone down the line could put your name on it. I did a bunch of lupines from seed last year and they looked pretty good by fall, so I didn't take any. Actually I think I might have put my leftover lupine seeds in too- I sent my contribution off weeks ago because I was going to be away, so now I'm not sure any more what was in it.

You sound a bit perkier, hope this means the worst is over.

Oh boy Diana-- I see on the list I get the west robin after you, and it sounds like another bonanza. What fun! No rush, though, I have to catch my breath from the last one.

Can't wait for spring!

Pam

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Susie I have a pack of Lupine Russels Mix I will put it in an envie with your name on it. Hope you are doing better.

Pam it's packed full of great seeds! I'm working my way thru them. Can't wait for March to start some seeds indoors. I didn't WS any this season. I still may if I can get better organized with what I have. I have a bunch of milk jugs already cut and with drain holes saved out in our garage

CRIS316, do you recall the color of your unknown large head daisy?

Nyssa, OR(Zone 6a)

I'm close to the last on the list before the east to west robin fly's home to you Susie. My Mom and Grandma (who live in western Washington) sent me a huge baggy of Lupine seed. Not sure of color or variety, but I'll make sure to include some. I'm hoping I can get some to grow here. The high desert, low precipitation with alkaline soils probably isn't their favorite environment =)
I've got big plans for Spring with all my collected seed. Got 30 winter sow milk jugs out already...which was a challenge since I live on a dairy and never buy milk. Luckily family are saving them for me. I want to put in a "southern" garden in my hoophouse. I accidentally grew cotton last year and it was so fun to watch it bloom. From the robin I have sorghum and millet. Going to try peanuts as well. Guess I just need a tobacco plant now =)
Built myself a seed growing rack that will hold 6-12 trays and set it up in my basement. Just purchased a pound of worms on ebay to start a worm composting bin too. Now the trouble is trying to stay caught up on my online teaching, housework and kid stuff since I want to spend all my time playing garden=)
Hope you feel better soon Susie and thank you everyone for your generosity. Can't wait to see the robin again!

Tessa

hi guys, in the West to East there is a baggie marked Geiger from PFG...are those seeds for all of us, or is that baggie marked for Geiger? just don't want to take any of someone elses seeds??? can't tell. the baggie is full with a bunch of comm pkts and globe thistle, nicotiana, rose of sharon etc. TY! I'll set it aside for now...

Diana, it sounds like the seeds I sent off before I went away. Susie told me to send it to the person who was after me in the robin, and I guess she put it in the West one instead of the East one. So please take as much as you like, they are for everyone. Especially that !&#% Globe Thistle, bane of my life cleaning that stuff, someone better want it! And please, all you East people after me, by all means take!

Xox Pam

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Pam - I will not be taking any!! I have been cleaning my own now for about a week and I still have a paper lunch bag FULL! Still havent gotten the rolling pin out. Doing them one by one with the back of the spoon :) Not like Im in a hurry...have a 1.5 x 1.5 baggie full already.
Cant wait to get the Robin!! 8 more to go :D (doin the ants in the pants dance...)

hehehe Thanks Pam!!! I just wanted to be sure they weren't someones. I can't believe all the seeds!! Wait until you get this box. I'm into a bag of veggie seeds now and I just love the speckled lima beans. I may have to make room to try growing a few plants. In looking them up I discovered a similar, but larger heirloom - Christmas Lima beans. I'm going to order them. Ordering seeds after all this...must be crazy lol. Supposedly, they are really large (size of a quarter) and have a chestnut flavor, unlike the not-so-popular plain, green, lima beans. Has anyone ever tried them?

enjoy the rest of the weekend
the weather here was warm and so nice today, our garlic is confused (thinks it's April) and starting to grow!

Oh Minne I feel for you!

Wind, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!!

Today was gorgeous here in NYC too. We walked and walked. Almost felt like spring, but I know it won't last. We don't open the house in CT before the end of March. Sigh...

Pam

Hi guys, I just want to double check who gets this box. I believe I have the SECOND TIME AROUND WEST TO EAST. The top of this thread shows:
# 7 IGROWINPA------- LINDA---------DEC 12TH------DEC 14TH
# 8 CAROLYN22----CAROLYN-------DEC 17TH------DEC 19TH
# 9 GARDENSEEDER-----SUSAN------DEC 22-----DEC 27 TH
#10 CRIS316--------CRIS--------DEC 29 TH-------JAN 3RD
# 11 WIND--------DIANA-----
# 12PFG---------PAM--------
# 13 BLUESPIRAL--------KAREN
# 14 BIGTROT---------DONNA-----
...but the list I have shows #7 Growinpa, #8 Carolyn, #9Gardenseeder63, #10 PFG crossed off with a question mark next to it, #11 CRIS316, #12a me Wind, #12b Bigtrot, #13 AMANDAESQ, #14Ansonfan, #15MrsSpeeds, #16Mechellet, #17 poisondartfrog, #18 Susie

so I guess I'm shipping to 12b Bigtrot and not you Pam. UNLESS...It looks like #9 may have shipped the box to #11, if that's the case maybe Pam did not get this yet and her name was accidentally crossed off? Pam, let me know, if you didn't get it yet I'll ship it to you and you can then ship it to #12b. Unless I hear otherwise.

If anyone can please let me know tonight or early early if possible. I have to leave for work and I was going to have a family member go to the po for me tomorrow. TY!

Diana

(Zone 7a)

Hi Diana,

In this post - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8955198 - on Jan 5, 2012 12:02 pm, Susie gave her most recent update to the order of this robin route.

So, unless she tells you otherwise, maybe it would be best for you to go by that post and send the box to pam/PFG who will then follow this same route?

Hope this helps as opposed to snarling us up,
karen

ps - but to verify Susie's post, pfg tells you she's looking forward to the box after you in this post - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8957583

(Zone 7a)

pps - Diana, also, in this post - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8955131 - Susie said to "not go by the list in the robins."

Hope I'm not makinng a pest out of myself,
karen

I haven't gotten it yet... I was away for nearly 3 weeks in Dec so the box skipped me. Someone may have crossed me off because of that. Susie posted that the lists in the robins got all messed up, and posted the correct order at the top of this thread. So I should be next. Can't wait...

Pam

GM

yes wind has the west to east & it will now go back up to Pfg/pam for she was gone & I had to change the flight but the flight up top is the one to go by do not go by the one in the robin if someone has a printer maybe make a New list for the robins ..

hope you all are finding some great seeds to try :) anyone have any red white &blue type of seeds . ???? on the mend here findly was able to be around daddy yesterday so he is once again happy .

well off to get his BKF you all have a great day I'll check back in soon .
susie

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I was able to gather JoePye seed yesterday...walking through the muddy yard :) So wanted to stay out there and play in the garden, but my dad was over helping me with an electrical issue - that took 4 hours to somewhat straighten out. Still have a few mysteries, but at least the outlets in my kitchen work now. Had been down to two plugs that worked since a week before Christmas. PAIN in the rear!! Had to go as far as putting the coffee pot in the bathroom! CANT go without my coffee!! I tried to pretend I was in a hotel...but the dirty laundry and floors that needed vacuuming didnt let that fantasy last too long.. :)

BEEN THERE HAD THAT ISSUE A FEW YEARS BACK . Guess we will do most anything for that 1st cup of morning coffee.
that year the only place was out @ the barn the mice or some critter had gotten into our control box in the basement .

well off to look up a few plants . anyone Know of a good source for buying flats of plants ??? there was a comp in NC I thought but i can't remember the name of them. chat more later
susie

Concord, NH

there is still lupins and bird of paridise in robin when i mailed to carolyn today, maybe you can ask her to label them for you susie. have the greatest time with the robin what a great bunch of seeds and peoplle here!! put everything in a fresh new box med flat rate,and boy that robind fat and happily on her way to carolyn. blessings susan

BIGTROT--DONNA Thank you for the very nice card very nice advice :) But I Will try to slow down & Smell the flowers :) right now i just smell the dirt :) I'm going to plant a few more seeds tomorrow . will let you what when I Have them in :)

Makes me happy to hear from you all about the robin . Know I WOULD Really Like to know how to make it better .

DO YOU LIKE THE ROBIN HOUSE TO HOUSE ??? OR
WOULD YOU RATHER SEND ALL YOUR SEEDS TO ONE PERSON & LET THAT PERSON SEND YOU OTHER TYPES OF SEEDS ??

i WILL NOT DO TWO ROBINS ANY MORE i WILL HAVE ONE ROBIN GO ALL THE WAY AROUND & THEN IF ANYONE WANTS TO GO THROUGH IT AGAIN THEY WILL BE WELCOME TO DO SO.

I Sure appreciate the help on keeping track of these robins . ya all are super :)
well GN All back in the AM For coffee :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.