DJ'S SEED ROBINS IN FLIGHT PT 4

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

Harry picked up a new box for the seeds today

thanks for clarifying the Robins flight path =)

she takes off again in the am to visit Pam. Pam, get ready for some great seeds!!

Athens, PA

Susie

I like the robin traveling all around the country. It is fun to anticipate and to read everyone's postings.....

Feel better and don't overdo - when I had pneumonia, it took my body a good year to get my strength back to where I was before pneumonia.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

gm all diane ty for the new box for the robin At times they do get beaten up a bit. two more warm days then OLD MAN WINTER
Is going to dump on us

carolyn I also like the robins for we can pick & choose our own that we want to try . but haven two at a time is hard to watch .
so will do just one for everyone to go through.

I hope to have many more NEW type of seeds next fall to share ':) since the robin i have found a few new seed sites & ordered'a few now i hope i can get them to grow .

well off to get daddy up ya all have a great day .
susie ,

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I prefer the traveling robin, so I can pick the seeds I want. I've been in too many swaps where I have gotten a lot of seeds back that I wasn't interested in trying, or things I already had. It gives you a good stock for trading, but I'd rather pick the seeds I was getting.

Deb

Concord, NH

me too momcat

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

same here. I like the option of picking what I want and not getting what I dont want :)

Nyssa, OR(Zone 6a)

I participated in a seed swap where you send in the packets...didn't get things back for my zone. Only 6a- but a lot of things I'll have to start very early to get a bloom and seed in before frost. There is such joy in digging through a giant box of seeds =) I'm counting the days till I get to do it again! Susie had such a variety in this robin, I don't think you'd feel cheated being at the beginning of the robin list even if there was only 1 sent around.

Evening everyone well super over & I Can finely sit back & Check mail, threads , & My facebook :) Only wy I Can keep up as to what all my NEICES & Nephews are up to .
evening coffee is ready so off to read & Drink:)))

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

I looooove the robin. I never thought I would find so many things to try. I have so much already, and I've already narrowed down my plans for this year, so I was sure I wouldn't be tempted easily, and that was true. But there was so much in that box that still my pile grew and grew. There seems to be at least a little bit of almost everything.

So I hope it continues... And one is plenty!

Pam

Athens, PA

The robin has landed!

CAROLYN DO YOU HAVE THE EAST TO WEST ROBIN ?????

WHEN ROBINS LAND LET ME KNOW IF THEY ARE EAST TO WEST OR WEST TO EAST THAT WILL HELP ALSO :))))

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Well it certainly helps to be on the right page !!
Wind, the large-headed daisies were a creamy white color. Hope you
took some cause I have plenty ! For those who are looking I put some
Joe Pye Weed in the West to East box when it was here.

Whoever ends up with the boxes please consider passing what you don't
need to a local community garden or food pantry. I passed out 120 packets
of tomato & lettuce seeds, 50 packets of cantaloupe and misc other veggie
seed last spring & they were very much appreciated.

Athens, PA

Susie

I believe it to be the East Robin

carolyn you have the EAST Robin if it started with poisidartfrog RIGHT ??? So you will be sending to cris for she was passed over :( sorry cris my fault. I hope I have everyone back on track ;)

but it would really help me MUCH Better if when the Robins land you would
POST WHAT ROBIN LANDED. & PLEASE DO NOT USE THE FLIGHT SHEETS IN THE ROBINS UNLESS THEY HAVE BEEN
RETYPED OR PRINTED OUT. PLEASE CHECK THE ONE HERE ON THE FORUM .

GOING THROUGH my new seed catalogs sure should not do that . please lets thing of a few games to play ;)

I CAN BE COME IN ASSORTED COLORS SHAPES GROW AS A BUSH OR A VINE
IF YOU CLIP ME OR SNIP ME I COOK UP REAL FINE.
WHO AM I ?? _______--_______

IF YOU WI THIS PUZZLE YOU GET TO POST THE EXT PUZZLE :)

ok I Want all games POSTED & ANSWERED HERE so That the 1st one to get right answer will win .

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

peas or beans?

what type ? choose one

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

i dont know my peas & beans...Ill say bush beans. is that a bean? :)

yes they are bean's so now it is your turn to post a game :)

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

oh jeez...I dont have a game. let me think...
I do want to share a portion of a dream I had...in theory it would work...I couldnt see well out my window screen, so I painted it clear...:) LOL Like I said, in theory, it should work.

(I will try and think of a game...until then, if someone else has one, please share)

Woooeeee!!! I got the robin this morning (i think it arrived yesterday, but the doorman gave it to me today) and whipped through it in record time! Wow!!! How could there be so much more that I needed?!

I up-dated the list to match the top of this thread. Bluespiral, get ready, you're next. I hope to get to the PO this afternoon, at the latest, tomorrow morning. I'll send you the conf# ASAP.

Pam

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow Pam you're a quick one. I guess if my nosey neighbor hadn't been here going thru the box first before me I wouldn't have taken so long. :P

Pam Thank you for up-dating the list ,When you get Ready to mail out The robin can you POST Here as to Witch Robin your sending out So other can also help keep track of ..

well we have about 3" of new snow So I Have been Playing with a few craft Ideas :) .so back at it . ya all have a great day.

Athens, PA

The East robin is going out to Cris316 today.

Cris - I will dmail you the confirmation number.

Carolyn

West-to East robin went out today...

(Zone 7a)

Pam - all righty - I have some seeds all ready to pop in for folks down the line - but hope I have time to improve what I have to share. Susie, I've gotcha on climbers, but there's probably some that others will have that I don't. Am working on others' wishes.

TY Pam /& Carolyn for posting That trully helps us all to Know What Robin is where & Gives Heads up to the ones Who are Next .
& they can watch for it :) & By Sending the conf # To The person your sending the robin or to me also helps us .

Karen I Hope to Plant Many types of vines come spring :) so any is fine with me :) Except for Trumpet I Have red, yellow & Orange ones already .

We have an ITALIAN, Mexican, ECT ECT All in One That A guy I Went to school with opened up a few years back doing great with it He knows I'm Into gardening & Ask if I ever grew any HOT HOT PEPPERS told him No but that I Would ask to see if any of you Know of any good ones ,the hotter the better he wants . so anyone help me out ???
have you all been getting the New 2012 Seed catalogs & See the Price's on some of them :) Holly COW I See some are $7.for 10 seeds + $6.shipping

well mail just came so off to the mail box we have about 4 in of snowhope we don't get any more :) ya all have a great day .
back later .

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Susie
The hottest peppers in the world are the Bhut Jelokia group. They soar over 1.000,000 Scovlle untis, some over 1,400,000! Trade Winds carries them:
http://tradewindsfruit.com/

ty for the site George nice site. are those ones you cannot touch with bare hands :) Hope they have warning signs :) The hottest I Eat are the Banana Peppers :) HEhe I'm not any to brave to go hotter.
I Love my HORSERADISH ,

Well it is a Sunny Cold day here about 4-5 in of snow on the ground . so i been playing in the dirt with a few seeds but time to go start Lunch , have a great day will try to pop back in later.
susie

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

I have grown the habenero and a few other hot ones, and I know first hand that you don't want to get that stuff in your eyes, but with that high of a number you might want to cage the plant! :))

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Just got the seed box Susie.
The confirmation said it was on the truck but she had to circle around
& come back cause she forgot it the first time. Whew ! I was panic struck
for awhile thinking it was lost in our little town !

GREAT HOPE YOUR HAVEN A GREAT TIME WITH IT :))

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Did I ever mention how wonderful my DH is? He came home
from work early - meaning he's feeling pretty much at death's
door with his head all stuffy, coughing & sneezing.
Anyway he brings me in the bulging box & asks what's in it.
I had to laugh at his face when I dumped it out & he saw it was
seeds AGAIN - 2 boxes within 2 weeks was just 2 much for him.
He rolled his eyes - backed out the doorway and just went to bed.
Never so much as said a word. Now thats a good man lol

The variety in the box is amazing - yes it took me almost 5
hours to go through it as I had to look up names that weren't
familiar to me. Carolyn put in lotus and although I spent a good
amount of time looking them up and ohhing & ahhing in the end
I had to put them back. About 2 years back we had to fill in the "pond". The maintenance was time consuming & since we
live near a very marshy area, the mosquitos were horrid to deal
with.
Its very difficult to come up with seeds that are not already in
there but I've actually managed & I'll hopefully get the box out
in tomorrow's mail.

Athens, PA

Cris

It's too bad you had to fill in your pond - I live for the time I can be out by my pond again. Have you thought about perhaps a tub filled with lotus? You would not have to get into the whole pond thing.....

Dmail me or visit the pond/water garden forums if you want to open up your pond again and keep the maintenance and mosquitos to a minimum. I am not an expert but have been ponding for 11 years....so perhaps I could help with some things.

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Carolyn I want a pond sol much. I live on top of a hill that gets crispy dry in the summertime but down at the bottom of the hill is a branch that is pretty much dry except during the winter and spring. I hope to someday stretch it out into a pond so I can be near water again. I miss that very much. I have collected every book I can find on designing water gardens so I hope I can learn enough to avoid the pitfalls when I can get a backhoe in here. People around here that have ponds put up martin birdhouses - they say that they will keep the mosquito problems under control.

Athens, PA

You won't regret it..... as I stated, I live for mine. I love the fish and the waterlilies. My bedroom is over my deck and pond in the back and in the summer I listen to the waterfalls at night. There is nothing more soothing than the sound of waterfalls...

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

RE: Super-hot peppers

Susie, I dpon't know which of these I still have extras of.

But I will add a few kinds, 5-7 seeds each, to what I'll be sending you soon. The first three are all said to be as hot as or hotter than BHUT JOLOKIA - 1 million Scoville Heat Units. Approaching civilian "Mace" pepper spray strength.

Mostly trades / gifts from Smokemaster:

- Trinidad Scorpion Red - - Caribbean - Hybrid or OP? (Capsicum chinense) 1.4 M SHU
- BHUT JOLOKIA, Naga Jolokia, Ghost Pepper, or Ghost Chili Pepper 1 MSHU (small qty)
- - 7-Pot Jonah V V HOT - 1 M SHU
- - 7 Pot Red Mix
- - 7 Pot Yellow
- - 7 Pot Chocolate
- Aji Umba Hot Pepper (Capsicum chinense) V HOT. habanero type - lime green to yellow orange to red, 2009
- Guam Boonie - Capsicum frutescens - ¾" long. Upright, light green to orange to red, wild variety from jungles in Guam

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Carolyn, We did have a tub in the ground and had to backhoe
it out. If we ever decide we want one again I'll contact you for
some of the lovely lotus seeds.

FYI to those the East Box is coming to visit. The box is bulging
to the point that the PO is probably going to revoke the "medium"
size box status. I did try to condense but it was difficult to get my
own seed bag in & the towel might have to be sent separately.

I don't want to sound like a jerk so this is merely a suggestion.
If a species & cultivar is already in the box don't add more of
that type - just add what you have that is different.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

5 to go....5 to go....:)

bLUE WAITING TO HEAR :) hAS THE ROBIN LANDED ????? WEST TO EAST ROBIN ???

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.