TEA ROOM # 100

Merino, Australia

Here we are . a milestone. 100 threads for the Tea Room...
Thank you all fro keeping it going so long.
I enjoy coming in each day and seeing who has popped in for a cuppa.

Sunny here this morning again, but quite cool as yet. It has been warming up after lunch then cool again in the evening.
I can live with this weather but rain once a week would be nice.

I love the outhouse stories.
Chrissy , like you, I prefer a separate loo . So many seem to be in the bathroom.
It may be an English trait as I notice on all those English relocation shows, the people look surprised to see separate loos.

What about the ancient Romans with their public , many seating loos ?
Not the place I would pick to meet friends etc..

Anthony I hope all goes really well with your sale.

Teresa, glad you are getting over the bug. Poor Copper, he will adjust eventually.

Charleen, what are you going to make next. I love seeing all your projects.

Dianne and Colleen, I'm glad you decided not to try to remove my brug baby. You may have fallen in the brambles like the Tar Baby. lol..

Better get over and put up a signpost or people will be wandering all over the place.
Have a lovely day.
Jean.

This message was edited Dec 15, 2011 8:24 AM

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

We came from here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1232205/

Had a darn time getting the links to work this morning but here it is .
Jean.

barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. 100 threads, that's great isn't it? We can certainly talk. Yes, good luck hope everything goes as planned for your big sale of Lilliums Anthony. That will be a wonderful Christmas Present for you. No Jean we haven't touched your baby. I think the maggies were the ones to keep us out.It was the threat of no more biscuits from you that made them do their job. Treasure was the leader there. Aurea still isn't out but by the end of the day or tomorrow I reckon. Oh I do love these brugs and the broms of course and the hippies and and and. One and a half days til school ends for the year then 7 weeks of fun. lol Have decided not to do the bathroom. 2 new rainwater tanks and new watering system right through the gardens. A pump for the tanks. I am still going to get new taps in the bathroom and a new vanity but think that the garden is more important to me anyway. Maybe I'll be able to afford the new Shadehouse as well. I went and bought my new stove yesterday, so that will be in for Christmas dinner. Oh it will be lovely to have a stove that I will be able to turn down. All the thermostats are gone on the old one. It's been a terrible stove right from the start. I also bought myself a new outfit for Christmas day. A lovely white top and tan pedal pushers. Haven't bought new clothes for soooo long thought that I deserved some. Well had better get the boys ready will be back later. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Yeah!!!! for The Austrailia team!!!! Love you folks.
I may have to see if I can make a windmill, Ilove them too Karen. It would be nice to have a real working windmill.
Colleen those boys are growing, look so cute. I know the boys are looking forward to their holidays.
Wow!!! 100....♥

Happy 100 yay team !!!!! three cheers for our lovely Tea Shop Lady congratulations Jean and the customers !

Thumbnail by
Clifton Springs, Australia

Congrats, to Jean and all the contributors......when did you start the Tea room,Jean... it was well going when I joined DG in Nov 2009...
Lovely pic of the boys, Colleen..
Nice to buy something new for yourself..
Great shot of the windmill, Karen.
My mother has her residents' Christmas party this afternoon.....so I'm off to enjoy it with her..
Took out the Electric pink flax yesterday..it was so tall and wide, we couldn't see around it.
Have a nice day all.
Dianne.

Thumbnail by Seachanger
Merino, Australia

Dianne, I forget how many years the Tea Room has been going.
I remember seeing similar on the US forums so thought it may be a good idea here.
Just a cosy place to chat about anything, while we still have all the other threads on particular things.
I'm glad everyone enjoys it.
Must be nearly time for the carpet to make an entrance again.
Maybe after Christmas when things are quiet, we may pop in to see a few friends.

Jean.

For anyone wanting a walk down memory lane here is the first Flower Tea Room (it had a name change since then )
Enjoy ...it's been a long journey. ^_^

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/872113/

Merino, Australia

Thanks Chrissy. I had forgotten when it started. It has been fun for me and for everyone popping in, I hope.
Old faces gone and new faces coming in.
Brian & Leisa will always be around looking for more cream. .
Funny that noone has been looking for the wine since Brian passed. I bet all the time it was just Leisa nipping it. I hear you laughing Leisa.

Elaine, before I forget once again, my pretty vine grown from the seeds you sent me a few years ago has been blooming its head off.
It isnt white after all but a very lovely pastel pink. I just forget the name for the minute, I know it starts with A.
Jean.

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

hello all

Hi Anthony how are you tonight ? feeling ok ?

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone.. The sun is shining but is quite chilly so far.. Will be like yesterday and get very warm after lunch.
I had to turn on the dripper hose yesterday for the first time in 2 years. The cottage garden was looking very dry so I thought I had better give the plants a drink.
Most of the larger areas of garden just have to get by as best they can now. The trees have all grown very tall so the smaller plants have slowly dies out or been moved. What survives is a woodland type area with plants that can fend for themselves all year.. eg..arums, hardy geraniums, wallflowers, bulbs etc.

Hello Anthony, love your spotty lilium. Hope you are feeling much better.

Colleen, how are your hippies going ? Mine dont look like flowering this year at all. Quite a few seedling ones coming on though.

Dianne,pity about having to remove your flax , but gardens are like that arent they ? Plants grow too big for their space sometimes.

Chrissy, are you enjoying getting around in your garden once again or is it still too wet ? Be very careful there.

Hello Elaine, Karen and Teresa. Hope all is well with you all.

Hello Charleen, keep warm over there.
Louise if you happen to look in , we miss hearing all about the girls.

Better go and see what I can find for you all in the kitchen.
I will leave a plate of lovely cream cakes out.
That should satisfy any nibblers.

Look who I saw wandering around outside the Tea Room this morning.
Probably like Charley, wanting some cookies before they fly off to help Santa.

Have a happy day.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. I think it's going to be a hot one today. Lots of buds coming again on the brugs. The yellow Aurea is nearly out. Don't they take forever when you're waiting, like watching a pot boil. OSA is about to have another flush and Avalanche is building up again.. My stove is ready to pick up. My son will pick it up Saturday morning for me. They wanted to charge me $49 to deliver it 9 miles. I could drive to Adelaide and back twice for that. I have ordered my tanks but they won't be here til the new year. Will have to see about a pump too. When I get the new watering system it will make watering so much easier for me. I will still have to water the SH by hand , and all the pots but that won't be so bad. Well last half day at school for the boys today. I will have to duck down and grab the last of my Christmas shopping this morning. My Aunty gave the boys a card each with $50 in it and she wants the boys to spend some of it on a present for me. I wonder what they'll buy for me. Must go I hope everyone is well and I'll be back later. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

Yes. we want to know what the boys get you. I am looking forward to it. Colleen.
Jean, he (the deer) and Charley can share cookies.
The donkeys and Charley all get their feet done tomarrow. I hope it goes o.k. This is first time of a 2 o'clock appointment. I get nervous enough at morning trims so know this is going to be a new adventure. I'll have them tied before he gets here.
It was almost Springlike today. Now it can stay like this...Got some Lantanas cut back but still got more to cut. I can see my Walkway now.....
Hugs to all.
Charleen

Brisbane, Australia

Good morning. Wow, 100th tea room threads. It is wonderful to see. And Jean, I think it has stayed popular because of the thoughtful TLC you give it. I wasn't here in 2008, but often wondered how long it has been going. Question, do you still have Mogwai? I love him.

Charleen, I actually wondered if you could make a windmill. Even a Dutch windmill, perhaps? They are fascinating structures, for sure. Good luck with the foot trims tomorrow. And also for removing that lantana. It takes over in a big way and is a devil to remove.

Colleen, whatever the boys get for you, I hope it comes from the heart.
Anthony, did your sale go through? Is your garden bare now?
Jean, what a splendid specimen of (?) deer. He's a beauty.
Chrissy, you must be a Scorpio. They are great at researching and tracking things down.
Colleen, you won't know yourself with the new stove. Good on you.
A big cheesy smile to everyone. I am feeling so comfortable as it is lovely and cool, but not wet. Perfect summer day!

Karen

This message was edited Dec 15, 2011 3:57 PM

Thumbnail by DawnSong
Merino, Australia

Mogwai is forever watching, Karen.
Before I met hubby, he lived on the dash of my car and travelled around the country.
( Mogwai that is, not hubby )
Now Mogwai sits here next to the computer keeping an eye on things.
Here is a pic of him with his friends. They all sit around the computer. Very intellectual pets.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Everyone of them are so cute.

Hello Libra here Karen ^_^ ,

looks like everyone is busy getting things ready for Christmas,

Love all the little cuties everyone.

I thought I might pose a question ...what are looking forward to eating over Christmas ?
What do you allow yourself at Christmas time, that you don't eat the rest of the year.

For me it is a tray of baked stuffing, served with great gobs of apple sauce.
Christmas cake is a close second.
Normally I don't have much of an appetite because I lose my urge for food when it is hot.
That will tell you how cool it is here ...lucky if we got up to 20C today (unbelievable ).

So go on, tell us what you love to munch on over Christmas.

No sale as of yet,,. I have 'Gizmo' with the wobbly head on top of the screen,.,.Dianne, ive had seed liliums come out today,.Regale -Orienpet cross,.,.like ive never seen before,.,.seed growing is ''SO'' uplifting!!

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Good day to you all.

I ran across this sign posted outside an East Cape NZ church...I thought you all might enjoy.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Brisbane, Australia

Jean, I love your little intellectual pets. How gorgeous to have them round the computer with you while you are working on it.

Moon, I would love a family of penguins come breed here but don't know about the smell. I have trouble with bad smells.

Chrissy, although it is totally illegal on a diabetic's diet, I am going to get extra insulin out and have myself a good helping of Christmas pudding with brandy custard. Oh my is watering just thinking about it.

Libra. Well, you have a Scorpio trait there too.

Anthony, fingers crossed for you. I used to love growing things from seed, and cuttings too, and had me a green thumb. Seem to have lost it over the years, and just don't have the time for seeds these days.

My epiphyllum, Stern von Erlau has a seed pod developing. I don't know what it will be as I think the bees pollinated it. I might actually try to grow these when the fruit ripens. It could be the same as the magnificent mother plant, or a brand new ... something.

Karen

Thumbnail by DawnSong

Morning everyone ...wow I think we will get through today without rain, it's still cold though ! will warm up later they say to a whole 23C ...such a huge difference to our usual high 30C's + 40C's + which are common here. Not complaining ^_^

Moon I do love that Church sign ...how wonderful !

Scorpio trait ? probably but I don't scrub the toilet with a toothbrush belonging to someone I am mad at (like a Scorpio relative of mine does UGH !) ...she is lovable in every way but don't make her mad :)

Luckily the Christmas feast comes but once a year ...Christmas Pudding is so good !

Well we are missing a few busy people, but it's still early so I will pop in later after some gardening.

Happy Saturday Morning everyone !

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. A beautiful morning here. Cloudy but warm. Very pleasant walking around the garden early.
A bit of tidying up along the paths to do today . It is very dry here now , unlike the 2 previous years at this time. Lots of dead plants that I had let go to self seed , need clearing out.
Going to a dangerous summer with all the long grass growing so well but now tinder dry.
Some fools had a roadside burn yesterday and it got out of hand. Hot & windy is not a day for burning .
It must have flared up early this morning as hubbys pager went off around 3 am . Nothing since, so they must have put it out.

Hello Moon, penguins are very cute , but I dont think I want them under my house. I'm sure those ones are well looked after by the Man upstairs.

Karen, grow your epi fruit if you like but be prepared to wait years for flowers.
I fertilised one of mine 3 years ago and am waiting , waiting.....
I see a few fruits on my epis this year, inside the shadehouse. Must have been small insects. I picked the fruit off and tossed it.
There are 2 fruits from last year, ripened on one of the outside epis probably from bees. I have just let them go. They will fall off one day.

Hello Teresa, hope all is well with you over there.

Hello Colleen, you wont know yourself with the tanks and new watering system. Enjoy your new stove too. We tossed ours when it packed up.

Hello Dianne, did you see my arborea baby on the brug thread ? I hope your brugs are all opening .

Hello Chrissy, you must be pleased at having a little dry weather to get out and about in the garden.

Hello Anthony, I hope the sale does eventuate for you. Lots of beautiful liliums must be making your place lovely. I still have a couple of buds to open plus all the tigers.

Hello Charleen. I hope Charley behaves when all the reindeer are parked on your roof at Christmas.

Hello to everyone else and I hope all those with any illness etc are well and truly on the mend now. .

Going out to enjoy the day before it heats up.
Have a lovely day and enjoy this Chocolate Angelfood Cake

Happy day,
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. It's an absolutely beautiful morning here. I got up at 5.30 and it was so warm even then. It's overcast and trying to rain now. There's a slight breeze lovely. Well my stove comes this morning but probably wont get it wired in til next week. I'll give the electrician a buzz when it gets here and let him know. I can smell my new little Aurea all over the yard. It smells different this morning. not so lemony. Well the rain has now covered the concrete path so it's getting a bit heavier. Doesn't matter as there's lots to do inside. One week to Christmas, not long now. Pork crackling, Chrissy. I love pork crackling. You can keep the pudding I'll just have the crackling thanks. It's making my mouth water just thinking about it. The new stove is fan-forced. Do they cook any different than an ordinary stove? I know you have to set them lower, oven, than an ordinary one but I was just wondering, do they cook the same. Must go, the boys are up and rearing to do something . be back later. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

Charley and the donkeys got their Pedicures today.☺☺ They did very good. Even the girl donkeys were so sweet. Charley always tries himself but John the farrier straighten him out.. Love him he is good and gets it done without being mean. Can't find good farriers very much, most horse farriers Do Not like long ears at all. My Donkeys are very well mannered, now at the beginning they were bad. But we have worked and finally got them the way they should be.
Been beautiful this week.
You all have a great weekend.

Merino, Australia

More cookies for Charley and friends for being so good.
Did you paint his 'nails 'after his pedicure...lol

Jean.

I've been tempted but haven't painted them yet!!! He has the prettiest feet. Perfect shapes (to me)☺
You know when they are in shows they "do" painted their hooves. I bet he would be quite beautiful.
The farriers little boy(about 7-8) told me Charley had a "Mohawk." I love his Mohawk. I'll trim it in March when he gets his feet done again. The hooves grow slower thru the winter....

Afternoon all......warm and windy here...
I worry about getting Mick's feet trimmed too, Charleen....but our farrier is awake up to all of his tricks..
It's his near hind that we have probs with...he gets the most sly look in his eyes and you just know that he is going to swing that hoof.....a good whack in the ribs soon changes his mind.....he can go nearly all year and on the last trim he will try it...lol
Yes, Charleen in those horse shows, the horses wear more make up than the female handlers....
Mind you, they do look beautiful with their enhanced eyes, manes and tails....and their painted hoofs.

I know that it's hooves, but nobody uses "ves" as a plural anymore do they?...roofs, hoofs, spoofs..just an observation.

When I went to my mum's Christmas party, I bought some raffle tickets and won a Christmas Cake..
It is really cute with Santa's legs sticking out of the chimney that is on the top of the cake...
Good thing that I hadn't made one this year..

I like fan forced ovens Colleen, I had one in my last house...Don't really know why but it seemed to cook cakes in particular very well.... it was a Fischer & Paykal with a big plate heating drawer in the bottom..I tried to get another one when we moved here, but my model was no longer made...that heating drawer was so handy..

Cute sign Moon.....One of the wineries up the road has a sign out the front that says..
DEAR SANTA ......... HOW BAD IS BAD.....I had to think about it...lol

Congrats on your Arborea, Jean

Anthony, can't wait for your pics...those new ones sound great.....ditto on the seed growing....
Dianne

This message was edited Dec 17, 2011 4:15 PM

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!-pork crackling -Colleen

Merino, Australia

Plum pudding for me. I go mad at Christmas and usually buy 2 or 3.

I can tell myself I am allowed as I dont have any during the year.
I wont mention any other naughty things I do eat during the year, ( maybe a little chocolate )
Jean.

Sunshine Coast, Australia

Just popped in to say " Hi" to everyone.

Fred has been in hospital, had his 80th birthday too.
My grand-daughter recently married.
Visitors from victoria have now gone home.

Here is a pic of the wedding at Oakey (outside Toowoomba)

Thumbnail by Marleneann

Your grand-daughter looks lovely, Marlene....the wedding party looks great..
Sorry about your Fred...hope he's home now...

I'm a bit partial to pork crackling and plum puddings....at Christmas I always make Zabaglione icecream
which is really nice especially on left over plum pudding.....no wonder I like Zabaglione the Brug.
Dianne

Merino, Australia

Just dont eat the wrong zabaglione , Dianne..
I can eat Christmas pudding hot , cold , with custard or without. Particularly nice with icecream.. ( not zabaglione )
jean.

It's pouring here, Jean...did you get any?

Merino, Australia

Pouring ...... Dianne....??????

Have you been grabbing my rain again ??

We had at least 20 spots here. Probably splashes from your place.

Jean.

barmera, Australia

It has rained all day here. Thunder as well. There is a little bit of wind out there but not too bad. It has been quite warm, is only now starting to cool down a bit Haven't done much today. The boys had fun collecting snails when there was a break in the rain. It's just starting to come down again. Jean, when I've had enough of it I'll send it down to you okay? My stove is here but waiting to be wired in. We might go and do the last of the shopping tomorrow if it's not raining Then just wait for the big day. Colleen.

Christchurch, New Zealand

it rained so much yesterday that the driveway was flooded & I had to wear my gumboots to get out.
some surface flooding in ChCh but poor Nelson really copped it with major flooding - the insurance companies will be gnashing their teeth in anguish after yet another disaster they have to pay out on.

Dianne - you are clever, not many people get the Sioux connectio.
My stepdad's name is Stewart ( also known as Stewrat after a typo amused us all so much we kept using it)
Anyway when he was an Air Scout leader his boys gave him Stioux as his scout name -and the inspiration was the Sioux helicopter.
The tradition was for leaders names to be converted into the Maori form but there isn't one for Stewart.

Merino, Australia

It is finally raining, but so far , not much. Come on you ladies, let go of the clouds and let them visit here.
I'll send them back when i have enough.
Jean.

Hot as buggery here!

Cooler her than yesterday. Liked yesterday better. At least it isn't freezing yet.
Hoofs /Hooves, Foot/ Feet who know what they (educational folks) will change. That's me always a dollar short and a day late.☺
English language is hard for everyone. Even plain ol folks like me. ☺

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.