Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 100, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 100

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 100
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. A beautiful morning here. Cloudy but warm. Very pleasant walking around the garden early.
A bit of tidying up along the paths to do today . It is very dry here now , unlike the 2 previous years at this time. Lots of dead plants that I had let go to self seed , need clearing out.
Going to a dangerous summer with all the long grass growing so well but now tinder dry.
Some fools had a roadside burn yesterday and it got out of hand. Hot & windy is not a day for burning .
It must have flared up early this morning as hubbys pager went off around 3 am . Nothing since, so they must have put it out.

Hello Moon, penguins are very cute , but I dont think I want them under my house. I'm sure those ones are well looked after by the Man upstairs.

Karen, grow your epi fruit if you like but be prepared to wait years for flowers.
I fertilised one of mine 3 years ago and am waiting , waiting.....
I see a few fruits on my epis this year, inside the shadehouse. Must have been small insects. I picked the fruit off and tossed it.
There are 2 fruits from last year, ripened on one of the outside epis probably from bees. I have just let them go. They will fall off one day.

Hello Teresa, hope all is well with you over there.

Hello Colleen, you wont know yourself with the tanks and new watering system. Enjoy your new stove too. We tossed ours when it packed up.

Hello Dianne, did you see my arborea baby on the brug thread ? I hope your brugs are all opening .

Hello Chrissy, you must be pleased at having a little dry weather to get out and about in the garden.

Hello Anthony, I hope the sale does eventuate for you. Lots of beautiful liliums must be making your place lovely. I still have a couple of buds to open plus all the tigers.

Hello Charleen. I hope Charley behaves when all the reindeer are parked on your roof at Christmas.

Hello to everyone else and I hope all those with any illness etc are well and truly on the mend now. .

Going out to enjoy the day before it heats up.
Have a lovely day and enjoy this Chocolate Angelfood Cake

Happy day,
Jean.