CLOSED: DJ'S SEED ROBIN'S IN FLIGHT PT 3

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

OK GM ALL 1ST DAY OF DEC SO AT 12 AM THIS EVENING THERE WILL BE NO MORE GUESSES AS TO WHEN THE ROBINS WILL LAND BACK HOME .

********GET YOUR GUESSES IN IF YOU WANT TO PLAY ALONG***********

IF YOUR WATCHING US & NOT ON THE ROBIN'S FLIGHT PATH YOU MAY STILL TAKE A GUESS AS LONG AS YOUR ADDRESS IS IN THE EXCHANGE SO I CAN SEND YOUR GIFT IF YOU WIN .

JUST BE A PAID UP DG MEMBER & ADDRESS LISTED .

WELL YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY SUNNY COOL DAY HERE .

NANCY / NF I THINK YOU SHOULD RETHINK YOUR GUESS SINCE YOU DIDN'T CONSIDER THE HOLIDAYS & WEEKENDS
LAYOVERS .HEHE
SUSIE

NF2932---------------DEC 29th.
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN ------JAN 25 TH
BIGTROT --------FEB 13 th
MOMCAT--------FEB 14 TH
POISONDARTFROG------FEB 17 TH
ANSONFAN------FEB 6 TH
PFG----------------------FEB 24 TH
MELLEN----------MAR 1 ST
CAROLYN-------MAR 2ND
GARDENSEEDER63-----MAR 6 TH
MINNESSIPPI---------MAR 21

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

With the addition of people, please change my guess to March 18.
Thanks, Susie.

will do Mellen ty

MOMCAT--------FEB 14 TH
ANSONFAN------FEB 6 TH
MELLEN----------MAR 18 TH
CAROLYN-------MAR 2ND

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 9a)

I wanted to put in a guess. January 15th, Watching this thread is so much fun. Robyn

MONKEYMOMR----------------JAN 15 TH
MOMCAT--------FEB 14 TH
ANSONFAN------FEB 6 TH
CAROLYN-------MAR 2ND

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

The Robin has landed in North Carolina! Boy oh Boy so many seeds, can't wait to dig in.
Thank you Shirley for the very cute "breeches". So I'm going to get busy, talk to you soon.

WAY cool george have a ton of fun with it you got NEW BREECHES :)))????? Going to model for us ????
super about ready back to getting super have a great evening everyone .

GET YOUR GUESSES IN HERE BEFORE "MIDNIGHT'
BAKING COOKIES BACK IN THE MORNING.

MONKEYMOMR----------------JAN 15 TH
MOMCAT--------FEB 14 TH
ANSONFAN------FEB 6 TH
CAROLYN-------MAR 2ND
CRIS316---------MAR 20 TH

(Zone 7a)

Hello All,

Susie invited me to join a couple of weeks ago, and this is my first time to check in. She mentioned the box would arrive possibly around Dec 20, and I have been madly cleaning and packing seeds. If the box were to arrive tomorrow, I have enough seeds prepared that I could mail it off to the next person in the next business day.

Soooo, if I have begun checking in on the thread too late, that's all right - I understand. I have to keep my seeds on one floor of our house and the computer on the floor above, so it's hard to visit on 'pooter and work on the seeds at the same time.

Anyhoo, this swap looks like fun and I hope I have not made my appearance too late.

Question: Is it possible to designate seeds to each other in an envelope marked for them and put it in the box when mailing it, with a pretty good chance of said recipient getting his/her envelope of seeds?

Thanks again for the invite Susie and not to worry if I have posted here too late.

karen

This message was edited Dec 2, 2011 6:29 AM

GM Karen you are not late there is still two landings before you .

I just ask that member will Please post a week of or before the robin is to land so we know your watching for them
I try to keep up with the landing & take off dates for you all can know when its close to you .

well i have cookie dough waiting for me so you all have a great day
susie

Karen, Welcome...yes, it is fine to include the seeds in identified envelopes as long as those people come after you in the robin, of course.
ME

(Zone 7a)

Thank you Susie & Mellen

sorry i forgot to answer your question Mellen ty for the heads up for karen .

karen as long as you see the robin is going to others after you on the list witch the robin will be going out west next & If you have seeds from someones list sure by all means you can share , I Just ask that NO ONE Sends any PLANT's or BULBS This is just all SEEDS Oh & A Towel in this robin .

well Brother is cooking tonight so guess i will go see what we are haven :) Back later .
susie

Upper Marlboro, MD(Zone 6b)

Hi Karen,

I'm watching and waiting for our robin and I'll be sending it your way - maybe as early as next weekend. Welcome.

Donna

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

The robin is on it's way to Anita!! I wasn't able to make it to the post office after work yesterday like I planned, but I was there when they opened this morning. My daughter is moving in to her first apartment, and was waiting for me to get home from work, so she could borrow my van. She promised to have it back quickly, but by the time she got home, it was too late for the post office.

It's really amazing the amount of seeds packed in to that box!! Great variety!! This is one of the best robins I've been in!!

Deb

Ty Deb & isn;t it fun to sit at your kitchen table or middle of living room floor & search through the variety :) i'm already searching for seed
specials for next fall to share .;) hope everyone is haven a great weekend it is rainy here today very cool so staying in playing games
between laundry loads :) love this one hope it comes in for ya .

anyone like mah jong http://www.freegames.ws/games/boardgames/mahjong/freemahjong.htm

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 9a)

I love majong. I play on pogo. They have one with animal tiles that I love.

this one is full screen no commercials , play online or off any time . & more of a challenge. once you make a move that is it :) no way to undo.

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Hi karen
Glad that you are here!!!

Susie, my bad - I didn't get the robin in flight this morning - but it will give me a little more time to go through my stash and see what I can add in. I will post a pic of my beautiful breeches very soon.
I'm having a lot of fun playing with the seeds, staying up late and looking up stuff on DG!

(Zone 7a)

Hi Debra and George, nice to see old gardening & trading cronies here too. Are you two the ones who enabled Corey & Poisondartfrog? just kidding - I think the passion for gardening & trading just comes naturally, although I believe enablers exist because some folks just don't know how mesmerizing various aspects of gardening can be.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

It's frigid outside. Dh and I just spent some time looking for the hose nozzle to wash off some dahlia roots before we store them for the winter in our cellar. We turned everything upside down looking for that nozzle. First one to guess where it was gets some Black Peony Poppy seeds earmarked for him/her when I send the box onwards. Any one want to guess?

karen

(Zone 7a)

Donna, next weekend will be perfect - I'll have more seeds ready for it. Should I be dmailing you my address?

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Don't tell me Karen, was it on the end of the hose hehe.

(Zone 7a)

George, you're CORRECT! You have now won a pack of Black Peony Poppy, which you eventually would have gotten anyway :) Methinks the only prize dh & I get would be some kind of booby prize...a pack of dandelion seeds? lololol

Well, hopefully once I get past a certain couple of seed swaps, I can focus on decluttering and organizing around here. I may not play games on purpose, but I love to lose myself in a mystery - so those will be off-limits until better order is established around here. (My favorite mystery writer is Elizabeth George, in case anyone else loves the genre and might have more suggestions of their favorite authors?)

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey Karen I had an unfair advantage, finding my reading glasses too often on top of my head hehe!

Now for those North Carolina Breeches I promised: Well done MrsSpeedsGarden!

Thumbnail by ansonfan
Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

adorable! so creative!!

that is fine george is no problem Monday is fine . Let us Know how you enjoyed this robin or if you think we can improve on it :)
karen won't be long now & You will be able to enjoy the fun:) Hope you have lotsa coffee or Hot cocoa :)

susie

OMG How Funny Those are just way too cute Just what I Need for these cold Mich Nights :) HEHE thank you for sharing with us .

(Zone 7a)

Susie, a cup of coffee, box of seeds and all the thous on this thread oughta make my day next weekend - looking forward to it very much.

There is a dg member who says her dh dresses to avoid arrest, I'm trying to imagine how those breeches would look in a police line-up? too cute lolol

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Shirley I'm sure my Mom will get a big kick out of those too. She will be 81 this month and really appreciates that kind of creativity. I don't think those are going to be seeing any dirty dishes anytime soon :)

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

George...So glad you liked the breeches....I bought that one as a pattern and now make them. Very talented folks who think up these crafts. Thanks for the picture so others could see. I hope to make all my Aunts and Mom a pair of breeches for Christmas. LOL

Shirley

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

WOW Shirley that is fantastic. No pressure to perform, George. ;)

Can't wait and can't believe I'm next!

A.

yep Amanda you are up next on the list . mail is going to be moving slower now so please DBL CHECK That the address lables are on right & THAT The CONF # Is intact & that you send me the conf# that you are using . make sure all baggies are back into the robin before closing it up .

well off to get my day going will check back in later
susie

Shirley, Those britches are so CUTE! LOVE 'em.
ME

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Susie, I'm all packed up here and ready to go to the PO in the morning. I have to tell you that I practically had to sit on the box to get it shut!! Well the 2nd time anyway. The first time I got it all taped up and ready to go and looked over and saw your pack of stuff on the table, I thought how in the world am I going to get that in there. But I did and everything worked ok. Your labels and seedpacks have not yet been used, but I went ahead and add another pack of seedpacks just in case. I really enjoyed the robin. It was lots of fun and I got a lot of seeds that I will use this year, and put some in that I hope everyone will enjoy. (I tried not to duplicate too much). Amanda keep your eyes on the treetops hehe

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Thanks Mellen...glad you like them

Shirley

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Shirley, I am planning to serve your black walnut cake to guests this weekend coming. Thank you again for the instructions.

Karen, don't be so quick to disparage the lowly dandelion. I have been looking for the white flowered race for a few years now. I don't suppose anyone has that one tucked away?

Alana

white dandlelion ???? ours are yellow but they turn to a white fluffy seed ball & Fly all over around here come digg up all you want this spring :)

Are we still using the same MED FLATE RATE Box I Started with ??? How is it looking ?? we might have to change to a new type
of package for or robin PLEASE LMK . well off to town back later .
susie

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

Taraxacum albidum to be specific, just in case someone has it.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

The box was in pretty good shape when it left here. It's been taped over quite a bit, but it's holding up pretty well. I noticed that my post office had good a supply of the flat rate boxes available in the lobby.

Deb

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Deb I picked up one (medium flat rate box) from the post office and it was different from the one the came here. That one opened at the end, and the one I got opened at the top, so the shape was a little different, but it worked out fine.

I also want to take a minute to sing a little praise for Mechelle. She added a LOT of expensive nursery seeds to make the robin better and it was GREAT!! Not to mention the many different seeds she added from her own garden and stash. Thank you so much Mechelle. I love herbs and they are always at the top of the list for my planting. I pray that your nursery will be blest greatly for your gift. That doesn't take away from the many many seeds that Suzie added; there is a great vareity of seeds and a lot of fun to go through. You guys obviously put a lot of effort in to make this Robin a success and you did just that. YOU ROCK!

Oh yes, the robin took flight this morning and is on the way to see Amanda. Have fun!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.