CLOSED: DJ'S SEED ROBIN'S IN FLIGHT PT 3

Athens, PA

Steph

Have you checked the seed database? Just click on the letter you think the name of the seed starts with.....

http://www.theseedsite.co.uk/db.html

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I had no idea that DB existed :) Thank you. I did not see them (just looking up what I thought they might be).

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I rec'd note from MechelleT & Hopefully robin will be back in flight today . I May not be able to get on much for a few days daddy is not doing well right now ,will try to check back in later this evening .

susie

Athens, PA

Oh, Susie - Daddy comes first.....

Hope he is well enough to enjoy Thanksgiving.

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

I am sorry your father is not feeling well Susie-glad to hear the Robin is resuming it's flight.

Well Quite a day ty all Had to call ambulance & Take daddy into the hospital they run some test & well they say there is nothing that can be done but to bring him home & Let God Take him when its time may be week 6Mo's a yr they just cannot say when god is ready for him .

my sisters are over with daddy now & I Just had to come out to my little getaway. & recoop :)

anyway Mechelle didn't actually say when the Robin would be back in flight except soon . well i rec;d my THANKSGIVING Box today So I Need to go say THANK You :) Ya all have a great evening & will try to get back again later after everyone is gone & We Get daddy settled in for the night .

susie

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 9a)

Susie, just wanted to send you my prayers and let you know that I will keep you and yours in my heart.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Praying for your family.

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

Corey, Daylily seeds are large, black, shiny, and rounded, but not perfectly round most times. The seeds I have that are big, black and round are my Canna seeds. My hibiscus seeds are perfectly round, smaller than daylily seeds and are brown - and not shiny.

Hope this helps,
Linda

Athens, PA

Susie

please know you and your family are in my prayers. I hope Daddy is not in any pain.

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Susie-So sad to hear about your Dad. I know you have taken care of him for a very long time. God bless you all.

Shirley

GM HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL P&T WITH ALL OF YOU ALSO .

Daddy is in NO Pain thank goodness . & he is looking forward to a fresh APPLE PIE & Ice Cream for lunch says that is all he wants but i know he will eat pot roast also :) well it is going to be a sunny day in the 60's so they say right now it is 45 with a little cloud cover.

wishing you all a great day
susie

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

Susie, I'm glad your daddy has perked up and is looking forward to his treat.

My family is cooking away, I've already done my part, now enjoying a sip of wine...
Happy Thankfiving to all!!

Pam

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I hope you all have a warm and fuzzy holiday.

New Providence, IA(Zone 5a)

Happy Thanksgiving to all here. Susie, made me sad to hear about Daddy. Seems like many of us have "known" him for as long as we have known you. He is part of the family. You have been a wonderful daughter.

Duh! mrsspeedgarden, are you my friend from the other site? If so, I am just now putting it together. LOL

Looking forward to the robin arriving. I ordered some new varieties from Thompson and Morgan on Tuesday or Wednesday. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the order gets here when I have the robin. They were having a sale on everything at the site including the new seeds. Many of them have way more seeds than I would ever use, and I would be happy to share with the robin. Time will tell.

We had a nice day with my family.
ME

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Hi Mellen.....Yep that's me.....Thought you knew....I know Susie does. That is too funny, all this time you did not know this was me. LOL

Honestly I think this was the best Thanksgiving ever. 35 members of my family and friends got together and had Thanksgiving Dinner.
There was so much food I good not sample it all. Some of the crazy ones have left to go shopping all night and all day tomorrow....NOT ME...They couldn't pay me enough to fight those crowds.

Shirley

Concord, NH

blessings to all

GM ALL Mellen the robin can possible land there today or tomorrow so you will have it for the weekend don't think the seeds will be there in time to share in this one but you can share in the next robin coming to you :) Maybe or lets hope :))))

daddy is sitting here next to me having some tea with me :) before i help him to his chair . yes guess i have shared my daddy with many of you & with your blessings & chat it helps me get through the long days. ty all

also wanted to share that hazzards seeds is having a sale also .
http://www.hazzardsgreenhouse.com/

I have sent Mechelle another dmail to see if the robin was sent out will let you all know when i hear back well off to get a few things done then go pick margaret up at the trai station this afternoon .
ya all have a great day
susie

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. If Mellen should be receiving the robin in the next day or so, that means that maybe by next weekend, I'll have it!!! Yeah!!!

I'm just spending the day playing on my computer, listening to the traffic reports from around the shopping malls!! My kids were heading out at midnight for sales, but haven't heard if they got anything they wanted, yet!!

Deb

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow Susie, 50% off is a good deal with those prices. Good time to stock up on perennials.

Glad that your Dad is doing ok Susie, and that you can have him home with you. My prayers are with you.

The ROBIN LANDED TODAY! WOW is all I will say. I will have it back in the mail on Monday.

Shirley, Big DUUUUHHH!!!
ME

Just rec'd Message from MECHELLET Robin is in flight & Should land On MONDAY At MRSSPEEDSGARDEN
sorry can't stay busy day back later for an update :)

GM To all well its going to be a partly sunny day they say :)

Happy SYBER Monday My Money will be Staying in the bank :) for the day :)
Well Robin east is once again about to land today at Mrsspeedsgarden I Have added two new DG members
to the List Bluespiral & Wind .

I would like to ask everyone to Please have what seeds you have ready for when the robins land At your Home
its time to go get daddy up for the day so you all have a safe a great week. :)
susie

The robin will fly today to Deb in IL. Going to the PO after lunch. It is FULL! and so FUN!
ME

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Yeah!! I can hardly wait!!

ANYONE ELSE WANT TO TAKE ANY GUESSES AS TO WHEN THE ROBINS WILL RETURN HOME ??

I SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU TO TAKE TWO GUESS FOR THERE ARE TWO ROBINS BUT REALLY DOES NOT MATTER
FOR I WILL STILL GIVE A GIFT OUT FOR BOTH ROBINS FOR THE TWO PLAYERS WHO COME CLOSEST TO THE DATE THEY LAND. HERE ARE THE GUESSES SO FAR .

*******NO MORE GUESSES AFTER THURSDAY DEC1 ST***********

NF2932---------------DEC 29th.
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN ------JAN 25 TH
BIGTROT --------FEB 13 th
POISONDARTFROG------FEB 17 TH
ANSONFAN------FEB 6 TH
PFG----------------------FEB 24 TH
MELLEN----------MAR 1 ST
CAROLYN-------MAR 2ND
GARDENSEEDER63-----MAR 6 TH

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Put me down for valentine's day! Feb 14th!

mmmmmm HOPE THERE IS CANDY HEARTS FOR ME IF IT DOSE LAND ON VDAY :)))))

FORGOT THE LIST ;)

MOMCAT--------FEB 14 TH
ANSONFAN------FEB 6 TH
MELLEN----------MAR 1 ST
CAROLYN-------MAR 2ND

This message was edited Nov 28, 2011 2:34 PM

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Susie - you forgot me...I had said 3/21

SORRY MINNE
MOMCAT--------FEB 14 TH
ANSONFAN------FEB 6 TH
MELLEN----------MAR 1 ST
CAROLYN-------MAR 2ND
MINNESSIPPI---------MAR 21

This message was edited Nov 28, 2011 5:45 PM

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Its okay :) you've had a few tings goin on lately.
Hope all is well - or at least better.

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

The robin has landed and what fun I have had going through all the wonderful seeds. Thank you Mechellet for the Garden Flag and the Christmas towel. My garden should have lots of nice veggies next year due to all the veg. seeds in this robin.

Shirley

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Susie, good luck to you and your Daddy both. He is lucky to have you!

>> Corey, Daylily seeds are large, black, shiny, and rounded, but not perfectly round most times. The seeds I have that are big, black and round are my Canna seeds.

Now that I think about it, I probably am thinking about Cana seeds like 1/4" black bowling balls.

I forget to comment about the 'Mary Poppins' seeds that were in the robin. I am positive that they are hibiscus seeds so I marked them as such. If that is not okay, let Deb know, and she can just mark through it.
ME

GM To all what a beauty full sunny day :) Christmas songs on the radio , snow on the ground, what a great time of the year :)))

Mellen that is fine for i do think you are right .

ANSONFAN you are next on the list are you watching Please let us Know today if you can please . you might have the robin landing at your doorstep about friday or saturday :)

Momcat: should see the robin landing today :))))

well off to get some baking done to warm up the house :)
susie

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Hello everyone
I'm here and watchin the skies for the red red robin to come flying over. Its almost like watching for santa claus, especially with that talk about snow and holiday music, I'm about to throw my damper wide open! But no kidding I'm really excited about the robin, and I've been going through seeds to see what I can share with everyone.
I do have an appointment on friday morning so if the package comes on that day I may be a little late reporting it, but I'll report it asap.

This has been a really quiet swap, and without a chat thread I don't know what kinds of seeds everyone is hoping for, but I'll try my best.

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

ansonfan the robin is on its way...have fun.

My DD finally found her a Doberman, we have been looking for a long time and everyone is excited. A dog house arrived big enough for an elephant. This dog is going to be spoiled rotten.

DH retrieved my Christmas decorations from storage so need to get busy putting out Christmas.

Shirley

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

I think I may get the tree up by the weekend, but that will be about it. I plan to play in the seeds the rest of the time hehe.

Concord, NH

ohhhh i cant wait fly robin fly!!!!!

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Sorry I didn't post last night, but I had to work really late. The robin arrived, I can't believe how many seed packs are stuffed into that box!!! I will go through it today, and try to get it in the mail tomorrow afternoon.

Oh, and I love the towel!!

Deb

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.