How about more flower pictures?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Beautiful photo roybird. Tempting cultivars, edder. DH took me up to Taos last night for my belated birthday dinner. It was fabulous and the drive up was really unusually beautiful, even for that drive -- much of it looked like your picture, roybird. Today I drove to Santa Fe for the Iris Society meeting. From here to Santa Fe there was intense gold chamisa and bright purple asters en masse. Beautiful drive. And the aspens are half turned on the Sangre de Cristos and there are red colors starting in plantings in both towns. Beautiful!

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

That Coral Reef is really pretty - there are so many new Echinaceas out there now!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Just a note to the Rocky Mountain forum. I am planning a RU in Montana next June. See it here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1042646/

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Not quite a flower, but my Sago Palm is putting out new growth. Supossedly this only happens a couple times a year. I've only had it a few months, so I'm glad its happy.

Thumbnail by dparsons01
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Wow! I would say that Sago palm is happy. That front is more than twice the size of the plant! I love Sago palms. They grow outdoors in New Orleans and Mississippi where I am from. I even have one at my farm in Mississippi. They are slow growing but worth it. Have fun with yours.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Nice composition in those photos, Edder! Beautiful!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Congrats on RU for Montana, Soferdig. I have often thought that those of you in the Northern Rockies should get together to have all the fun we more Southern types have in Denver. Food and plants -- can't beat it.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Luv the ech edder!

Santa Fe, NM

Beautiful flowers Edder! Sofer, one of these days I am going to take a trip up to Montana, etc. I want to go to Yellowstone, too, and visit Mulch and Picante! But, that is way far in the future. So, don't worry. : ) Nice Sago palm, Dave. My brother in Florida has them in the yard all over the place. Yours looks very happy.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Dear roybird, we would not worry one bit if you came here. You'd be most welcome to stay. Heck, we might even meet you in Yellowstone, where I was a tour guide once upon a time.

Santa Fe, NM

Wouldn't that be fun!

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

finally, finally I have replaced the camera that died last spring with the digital SLR of my dreams. Here are some of my "test" pictures of side lighting and backlighting

Thumbnail by greenjay
Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

Queen Elizabeth

Thumbnail by greenjay
Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

hopley's oregano and ornamental grass

Thumbnail by greenjay
Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

more ornamental grass

Thumbnail by greenjay

which variety of agastache is that? It looks much like my 'Coronado' but with a bit more orange.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

not sure, I would have to look it up. it is a variety I started from seed about 3 y ago

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Nice pics, Greenjay, and congrats on the new camera! What kind did you get?

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Yes, nice pics. What kind of camera, inquiring minds want to know...

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

canon eos xsi 12.1 mpixel

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Great pics greenjay. Congrats on the new camera.

Ennis, MT(Zone 4a)

Nice! I have the canon xt at 8 mpixels. Actually, we have two of them as Bern sometimes needs one at the same time I do. Love 'em.

Santa Fe, NM

And I have the Canon XS. I think it is 10 megapixels. Really liked the Xsi but got a deal on a telephoto lens if I got the Xs. Beautiful pictures, Greenjay.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Not flowers, but how about some fall foliage? Here are some shots from a little excursion we took to Durango today... this is a bit of the La Plata River...

This message was edited Oct 1, 2009 5:59 PM

Thumbnail by bsavage
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

The mountainsides are covered with color!

Thumbnail by bsavage
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

More!

Thumbnail by bsavage
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

A little more...

Thumbnail by bsavage
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

So beautiful out there right now...

Thumbnail by bsavage
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

One more for now... the Dolores River across the street from our home. Happy Autumn!

Thumbnail by bsavage
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Luvly colour dear Brenda. We are doing yellow. We always just do ho-hum alot of ho-hum yellow. Very ho-hum after living in the north east but there will be some oranch later. Lookie lookie who blew off the kiss of Jack. GO PAINTED LADY GO! (All the rest look like they live with the Ice Queen in Narnia sigh)

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Santa Fe, NM

Beautiful fall foliage, Brenda!

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Woweeeee, Brenda! Gorgeous!

The Ice Queen comment had me snorkling.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Nice mountain shots! We haven't even started up here in Montana.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Wow, I can't believe you haven't started in Montana, Soferdig! Weren't you going to Alaska? Or am I confused? Could be... a few glasses of wine and several recorded episodes of the National Parks series on PBS has me in a very thankful and serene mode, most appreciated as life struggles weigh. We (DH and I) had the Best Day today scoping out the most beautiful things we could find, and a lovely Chinese Restaurant lunch in Durango. I've 'demanded' we do more of the same while we navigate our future. And Autumn, I haven't truly experienced it in over 16 years. I choose to celebrate it now! Thanks for letting me share.

Brenda

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh wow, Brenda! Letting you share? It is a thrill to see your photos of your area of Colorado. You have a lot more red in your wild plants and trees than we do. It is stunning. Your fall colors are also a lot farther along than ours. Beautiful! I suspect ours will be hastening toward the yellow and red after tonight, though. It is supposed to freeze hard tonight -- 2 weeks ahead of the average -- which is why they call it average. Different every year!
Thanks for sharing those lovely pictures. Now I have to go out for another load of potted plants.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Those are glorious pictures, Brenda!

I have some views of a different part of Colorado - I went up to Echo lake today,

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

She doesn't care that the water is cold.

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Mt. Evans

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Or if you don't want to think about fall - this was at DBG yesterday:

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

another

Thumbnail by lisabees

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.