How about more flower pictures?

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I would appreciate easing into a warm, dry Fall too bsavage.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Nothings changed here yet. Stinkin hot and the dahlias are luvly. I have been remiss on posting picks cuz of working on this....

This message was edited Sep 13, 2009 7:44 PM

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I will post lots later for sure

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh, that stonework is gorgeous! And of course, so is the dahlia!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks dear Brenda.My true luv has had to do this mostly by himself cuz alot of the stones are too big for me to break/place with my bad back. I told him I would marry him for doing this but oops already did that . So I will dance ^_^

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

He should be very appreciative, then! Dancing is a fine reward!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Your DH did a fantastic job, dahila! I do think you should dance a lot for him -- since you already married him.

Santa Fe, NM

Really lovely stone work and dahlia!

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the compliments guys. I think Kyla's poppy and roybird's dahlia make a great combination. I love the stonework too dnut. I think any stone or rock gives a feeling of permanence to the garden.The season's light has noticeably changed for me, so has the weather's temperature. It feels like fall.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, fall is in the air here, too, but much is still growing.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

That's beautiful stone path Dahlia, I'm jealous!

Here are some flower pics - 2 Clematis, Sweet Autumn and a cousin (as far as I can tell that flower is on a vine from HF Young which is supposed to be a Spring bloomer).

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Another confused flower blooming now, a foxglove!

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Salvia 'Wild Thing'

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Agastache 'Coronado'

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Asters

Thumbnail by lisabees
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Lisabees, we have all confessed that we don't know how to grow foxgloves (except Katlian) and now you show up with lovely ones. What is the secret to your success?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Lovely agastache and astors, too.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Well I can't claim real success with foxgloves yet, I only planted those this summer. They were almost finished blooming when I got them and here they are doing it again. Last Spring I had foxgloves in another place where I had planted some seed and forgot about it. They came up after a couple years (2, 3?) and were absolutely gorgeous, then my dog ate some & got sick. I promptly yanked up the plant then regretted it, the new ones are planted where he won't get at them

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Here's my dog, Cocoa.

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

and one more flower - Oenothera 'Silver Blade'

Thumbnail by lisabees
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Good thing you planted your foxgloves where Cocoa, who looks wonderfully soft and friendly, can't get them. I just really went through a dog poisoning. For details see:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037644/

I thought dogs mostly didn't go for poisonous plants, but I recently heard of a dog which got poisoned by a castor bean plant which had been given to the dog's owner. It survived, but what a miserable experience. I know!

Kelsy is fine now, though. You wouldn't guess anything had happened to her. Her regular, business hours vet learned a lot from the whole experience, too. Luckily the emergency vets knew all about it.

See you on Saturday ( barring calamities).

Santa Fe, NM

Beautiful pictures, Lisabees! Paja, what an awful experience with your dog. Have a good trip!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm wonder why puppies sometimes eat poisonous things. They seems to be pretty savvy for the most part. Glad your puppies are ok lisabees and paj.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Wow Paj, what a nightmare for you - I'm glad it's over! The foxglove didn't make Cocoa anywhere near that sick, thank goodness, and it might never been an issue again. If I'd been thinking, I would have gently moved the offending plant out of Cocoa's domain rather than murdering it, but I was taking no chances.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Better safe than sorry lisabees who have been my reaction too lisabees.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Lisabees and Paj, I am also so glad your babies are okay! My puppy got into my pincushion today (he's okay, caught before he was able to ingest any pins)... they sure keep us on our toes, though, eh?

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

reminding me why I am glad not to have a puppy.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh, come on, Kyla... look how cute! (This is Hercules).

Thumbnail by bsavage
Santa Fe, NM

Are his eyes always like that? And what are you doing up at 3:22 AM, Brenda? ;-)

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

That's just the way the camera caught the light in his eyes. As for being up in the middle of the night... sometimes I wake up and can't get back to sleep right away, so I've learned not to fight it. I'll get up and roam around DG for a while and then back to sleep!

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I'm reminded of a quote from a movie. A boy is perturbed with his younger sister. A woman is trying to help him to have a better attitude, reminding him about how pretty and friendly his sister is. He responds "That's just her disguise." and walks off.

Moral: Its the cute little dogs you have to watch out for.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

LOL!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

WHEW! That was a close one Brenda. The crazy ole cat had a bad habit of chewing and choking on cardboard when he was teething. Jambing my big human fingers down a kitten's throat to yank it out was not my fav thing.

Santa Fe, NM

Here is a flower picture from today. New Mexico sunflowers finally blooming.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

Also, some Blanket Flowers.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

My friend's asters are so pretty but I didn't get a real good picture.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

The dahlias are suddenly looking better than they've looked all summer. My only guess is they like it cool. They are still kind of raggedy. This is Zingaro looking pinky.

Thumbnail by roybird
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Beautiful dahlia pic, Roybird!

Santa Fe, NM

Thanks, Lisabees. I think I am finally starting to get some feeling for my new camera. It prefers manual focus for close-ups, for one thing. Hope you are having pretty weather for your DGB sale!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Zing IS lookin pinkish funnybird but a VERY prettiful pinkish. I am snappin, snappin dahlia pics. Once I get them organized I will start a thread. Or maybe I should wait til the time of the cold and the dark when we need a pickusup? I luv the NM sunflowers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.