How about more flower pictures?

Santa Fe, NM

It is always a good time to see dahlias! The best thing I saw today, which I did Not have my camera with me (Dang!) was a big, hairy tarantula about the size of my hand cruisin' down the sidewalk near a bike trail! Yes, and my friend was with me so I have a witness. I had never seen a tarantula this far north before but I found out they live all the way up in to Colorado. The males go walking around looking for mates in the fall. I wonder if all our recent rain didn't get them on the move a bit early. My friend said, See you should Always bring the camera! But, I'd been carrying it all day and I left it safe at home since we weren't going far, just walking from my house. Maybe I will go looking for more in that area. It was a very healthy looking spider indeed!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Cool! Cool! Cool! I LUV spiders. I agree with your friend: You should always carry your camera roybird. You are SO talented at your new art (well I guess not so new now but not the art you were doing before) that I think you will regret missing these opportunities if you don't carry it.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Lovely pics! I must get out and get some new photos myself. The only time I've really seen DH jump was when he opened the front door at our home in AZ to discover a big tarantula on the front patio!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Nice photos all of you. This is the most colorful time in my garden because my DW is continually topping flowers so they stay blooming all summer. My Asters are just now starting to open. Can't wait.
Walking in the garden this am shows in this collage Pee Gee Hydrangea, Cimicifuga Ramosa, Bougainvillea, Roses and rocks, Dahlia with mixed hollyhocks, and mums and fall sedums.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Santa Fe, NM

Very colorful and pretty, Sofer! The sun is out today! While the rain was much appreciated I also appreciate having it stop for awhile.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Very pretty blooms, Soferdig!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I get to go into winter tomorrow so "Off to Alaska" where the sun don't shine much any more. Taking my warm jacket and wooly hat. Hope the fishing is good! Oh yeah and the work is not to hard.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Travel safe, Soferdig! You'll still be keeping up with us, won't you?

Aurora, CO(Zone 5b)

I was at DBG last week and caught this. There was a huge bumble bee on the flower next to the butterflye, but took off before I could snap the pic.

Thumbnail by vadap
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Gorgeous pic!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Luvly pic sof! Luv your Cimicifuga Ramosa! Mine is so sloooow growing. Luv the flutterby vadap!

Santa Fe, NM

Very pretty, Vadap.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Oh MY. Bougainvillea in Montana! Is it in a pot, Sofer?
Lisabees, Cocoa has that noble, very loyal look. I'd trust him in a tough situation.
I'm sorry Brenda, but Hercules has that impish look that says "I'm planning all kinds of mischief."
Gorgeous flowers, everyone!

Dahlia, that stonework is SO exactly what I want. I've been dancing for, let's see, 45 years, so I'm wondering if perhaps L. would come down and get our patio started.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Dear picante the stone is Three Rivers. We chose it cuz it has purple in it that matches the lilac foundation. West Coast Brown and Charmin were runners up. http://www.burnco.com/products/list/19?page=2

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Picante, Hercules has that look because that is exactly what he is thinking!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm just luving Phlox David this year.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

My baby hydrangea 'Pink Diamond' ^_^ The blooms are slowly turning from white to pink.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Beautiful, beautiful!

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Oooooh. That hydrangea flower looks so much like a begonia.
Lauren's Grapes just keep blooming.

Thumbnail by picante
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

These osteospermum are one of this year's favs.

Thumbnail by picante
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Not a flower, but surely the kinkiest cuke of the year.

Thumbnail by picante
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh, nice flowers and fruits of your garden. I must have Lauren's grape in my garden next year. I love osteospermum -- grew it last year. Would grow it again.

Santa Fe, NM

I love those poppies, Picante! Phlox David is lookin' good, Dahlia. I can't get phlox to grow for me. It just disappears. Virginia creeper even hasn't had a great time this year but it is at it's best now.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

That's kind of out of focus but you get the idea. I still have these guys eating fennel. So far the cold hasn't gotten them and it is supposed to warm up this week end.

Thumbnail by roybird
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

David is the only one that does well for me roybird. The rest I tried pooped out. I still have a pinky one from Moo's garden that is hanging in but it doesn't look like much. Only gets one or two blooms each year.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Nice cat(erpiller) roybird!

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Dahlia, that's a lovely pink hydrangea!
Pretty daisy, Picante - very nice against the fall color backdrop!
I like the VA Creeper, Roybird - a birdie planted one in my yard & I'm leaving it.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Roybird your Virginia creeper photo is lovely! -- not to mention the Virginia creeper which is also lovely.
Dahlia, I love your Pink diamond hydrangea. I would like to get one of those next year. This year, my hands are more than full. Your phlox David is a knockout. i had a very nice phlox Nicky this year. I have Ping pong and Eva Collum yet to plant, also Becky Time or something like that. But where?
I saw a lovely Pink Hydrangea at Tagawa's nursery in Denver -- where lisabees work. I wanted it bad. Alas, I have forgotten its name. Anyhow, I assume it would be hardy in these climes as well. Maybe lisabees will remember it? The DBG had Annabelle hydrangeas all over the place, blooming nicely, but green flowered. Mine are also green. Earlier in the summer they were white. Maybe they are white during longer days?
This year, I must just plant what I have.

Thought of the hydrangea. I think it was Quick Fire. Also supposed to be hardy.

This message was edited Sep 24, 2009 3:55 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

My dear friend Chef Pam who lives in a town called Hanna northeast of me has Quick Fire and it's her fav. She gets more moisture than us. HOWEVER, it is supposed to grown anywhere and be truly 'no muss/no fuss'. It is on my MUST HAVE list in the Great Book of Lists Paj.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh, oh! Now I must have Quick fire **and** pink diamond. Better start shopping for a cheap plantation and a couple of young men who are eager to do my digging for me. Sigh. I should be so lucky! Just need to improve my garden enough to put hydrangeas anywhere -- more compost, more underground watering hose!

I just _love_ the fall color of virginia creeper. I have a new volunteer growing on the fence. I am hoping it flourishes.

Santa Fe, NM

Jude, mine was planted by birds. I liked it so I planted in a little more. It's pretty tough.

I know it is. I want to eventually cover my fences with it. I think clippings from the neighbor down the alley will be happening next spring.

Santa Fe, NM

I bet it will work just fine. Chamisa is blooming. Last year we had many, many painted lady butterflies but this year I haven't seen any!

Thumbnail by roybird
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Very pretty scene, Roybird!

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

That is beautiful!

Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

Echinacea - Coral Reef

Thumbnail by edder
Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

Hemerocallis - Siloam Peony Display

Thumbnail by edder
Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)