How about more flower pictures?

Santa Fe, NM

Anybody want to post some late summer/early fall garden pictures? I took several pictures of plants in pots yesterday.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

Here's another one. I throw all kinds of plants in to big pots. There are two kinds of basil, rose thyme, fennel, cosmos, snapdragons, geraniums, marigolds, salvia, etc. Earlier in the year I had cornflowers and chard.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

I have fun with the pots.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

I've been moving some perennials from pots in to the ground. We'll see how they do over the winter. This is Huechera Lemon Chiffon, that I'm not sure how to spell.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

Here is my favorite impatien of the summer posing with blood orange soda.

Thumbnail by roybird
Santa Fe, NM

And a favorite coleus with friends.

Thumbnail by roybird
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Nice pots roybird. I'm SO trying coleus again. I'm hoping to have a new planter box built next summer up against the house which I think they will like.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes, very nice and yummy, Roybird..... I also like to put odd things together in big pots. It is a style of approach that has always appealed to me.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Most of my containers are definitely past their photogenic peak, but if I frame it just right there are some pretty places still.

I really like how the basil and marigolds do together.

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

and the dill going to seed

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Santa Fe, NM

Nice, Kyla!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Roybird. I am still having way too much fun with this camera. ;-)

Here is one I feel is quite autumnal in mood:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I call that one 'Solitude'. Perhaps I ought to call this one 'Comp'ny'.

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Very beautiful!

Second bloom for my honeysuckle vines.

This message was edited Sep 7, 2009 10:28 AM

Thumbnail by

Second bloom for my dianthus (which I bought as supposed annuals 4 years ago).

Thumbnail by

First time my blue mist spirea are blooming! (carypoteris 'first choice')

Thumbnail by

second bloom for my coreopsis (babysun, second generation plant).

Thumbnail by
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh how pretty, Jude! I am considering trying to establish one of t hose colorful honeysuckles in a container on my deck next year as the two vines I tried did not do what I h ad hoped in the way of creating a screen.

and that dianthus color, wowie zowie! love it to pieces!

My 'annual' dianthus is quite flourescent! It also stays green almost all winter here. The honeysuckle took a few years to get going. I've got them in the ground trained on a trellis attached to the fence. It still struggles some - probably because I'm not good about watering anything.

Santa Fe, NM

Very pretty, Jude. I have heard that honeysuckle takes a long time to get established.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Yes, very pretty indeed! My honeysuckle that I bought earlier this year and had growing in a pot got powdery mildew, had to cut tons of it off... moved it into the ground in a different location, it's still hanging on but we'll see. I hope it makes it, I love those honeysuckles!

mine have a little mildew - but hey - it rained way more than normal this year and both of them are still alive! I'm always glad when I don't kill things in the garden. I can live with the powdery mildew if the plant can.

Santa Fe, NM

I found a powdery mildew concoction here on D.G. one time that sounded weird but actually worked. It was a spray made up of water and milk. I don't remember the proportions. Maybe on the rose forum somewhere.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

It works for me too roybird ^_^ I do one part milk to two parts water. It doesn't seem to kill the existing mildew but it keeps it from spreading for me.

Santa Fe, NM

I'm glad someone else tried it! I can't remember if it killed the mildew on mine or just kept it from spreading. I'm thinking maybe both. A good recipe.

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Good info, thanks for sharing! I never dealt with powdery mildew in AZ, for reasons that are obvious... ^_^

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Do you spray it with a windex bottle or do you use one of those garden sprayers with a tank? Seems a garden sprayer would get clogged up with milk.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I just use the my cheapo plant mister bottle as you suggest paj. After all no chemicals ,so no worries. Mist, mist, mist.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Here is a photo from a couple of months ago that I really like...

Thumbnail by plutodrive
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm not sure who rules: the plant or the sky. That's why I luv it. Great pic plutodrive.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Agreed, dahlia. The plant and the sky are really magnificent. Good job, plutodrive!

Santa Fe, NM

That is a nice picture, Plutodrive.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Beautiful.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Lately I seem to have few words, but lots of pictures. I know who to hold accountable for t his state of affairs, too, you rocky mountain forumers you.

here are a few flowers

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

cosmos bore me this year except when they do stuff like that.

I may already have posted this shot of vetch, but I really like it

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

and those mission bells keep doing their thing even still

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Pretty!!!

Santa Fe, NM

Very pretty! Things are definitely slowing down here flower-wise. Got a few dahlias, various plants in pots and finally the New Mexico sunflowers are blooming in time for Fiesta. We've had mostly cloudy weather and rain the last few days.

Thumbnail by roybird
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

LOVE that dahlia! The air has changed here... it feels different, Autumn is beginning. I hope she is slow and lazy about it, and that Indian Summer makes an appearance. I noticed the hillside along the Dolores River has started to take on color... mostly the ground cover, but it is suddenly shades of crimson and yellow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.