Flower Pix and Pixies All.... #5 maybe?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Pacific Giant Beanstalk Delph going to seed which I'm SOOO collecting. Well actually DH will have to help from the roof ^_^. Dmail if you want. This will need more water than we get so plant in half day sun so the soil holds more moisture. Does great in alkaline clayey soil.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I never get tired of the ever blooming Stellas

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

'Mango Sunset' dahlia and tall climbing nasties that I direct seeded.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

'Ferncliff Cameo'

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

"Yvonne'

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Newbie that makes my heart go pitter patter

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O forgot to remind all the newbie asiatics are tagged so if you want an ID I will look.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Love Raspberry Pixie and the violet and white newbie. Love the veronica, too. I hesitate to ask for seed though, because I don't know if I would really plant it. Maybe you should give it to others first.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Love the pink newbie too. Now I am going to have to order more lilies. But I have learned one thing the hard way. No lilies in the front yard because I have a hungry bunny there.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I really have issues with the border thing paj :( If it didn't exist, I would start them for you and send you plants. I can't wait to snowbird cuz then I can grow and give from your side ^_^

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes -- I am looking forward to your snowbirding. The border is so inconvenient -- on both sides of the country. I don't like the ones with New Zealand and Australia either. i want to order some iris from both of those places. .

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Did I mention that I'm on a dwarf craz? I am coveting many dwarfs. I may never forgive you for turning me on to Chapmans ^_^

Santa Fe, NM

Beautiful flowers, Dahlia! Your garden is so pretty!

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Great photos dnut, yours keep getting better and better. The dahlia and nasturtium one is my favorite. Here are some hibiscus pics I took today. Here is a bud...

Thumbnail by plutodrive
Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

A macro shot...

Thumbnail by plutodrive
Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

This is two flowering simultaneously, haven't had that happen before. I kind of like it.

Thumbnail by plutodrive
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O that macro is to die for plutodrive sigh.

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Thank you, I am working my way up from the bottom of this thread and all the pics are awesome.

edit... Have a great holiday!

This message was edited Aug 12, 2009 9:53 PM

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Ah, Dahlia, you will not regret finding Chapman's Irises. He is a good guy and will sell you good stuff. I am amazed at how much I like dwarf things myself. I have several dwarf day lilies that I love, and have been acquiring dwarf iris for the last two years. They are so early and they will love your northern climes. They are pretty happy here, too. They just need some winter cold and all of us in the Rockies have that.

Plutodrive, those hibiscuses are beautiful! The photo actually makes them. They are nice flowers but your photo really makes the most of them -- enhances them.

This message was edited Aug 12, 2009 10:15 PM

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Very nice indeed! Dahlia, have a swell time, and know that Pepe and friends will be taking good care of all things in your absence.

Pluto, stunning pictures, wowie!

All, this thread is way too long but as I didn't take any good shots today..... I'm gonna put off starting a new one. But if someone else is so inspired....... now is a good moment methinks. ;-)

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Wowzer, I'm overwhelmed looking at all these.
I think Yvonne and the bicolor hibiscus would get along smashingly.
Bon voyage, Dahlia! See you in 9 or 10 days. WooWoo!

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Beautiful blooms, everyone! Lovin' those Veronica, and the mango and nasties, and pluto's hibiscus!

Santa Fe, NM

Lovely hibiscus photos, Plutodrive! Your pictures are getting better and better!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Here's the new thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1026737/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.