Flower Pix and Pixies All.... #5 maybe?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Now don't beat yourself up so much, Jude. I saw a beautiful rose and lots of beautiful iris. You have done a good job on much of it. You just have to figure out what to do to cover that hill.
I think you have some good ideas.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Here is that dramatic noid daylily I have been waiting to show you:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Shy:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Trio:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz

I'm going to build a 36" tall by 12" thick (closer to 18" thick at the bottom) retaining wall that sits 2 feet back from the sidewalk to hold back the soil on the hill. It will give us about 30" of extra flat area in the upper front yard and a planting space in front of the wall. I'm still trying to calculate how much stone I need (and backfill gravel and road base and concrete for the footing and...).

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

Gorgeous garden everyone! Dahlia, how do you fit all that in one yard?

I admit, I have not been taking very many photos of the garden lately. Too busy with travelling and other stuff. I'm in the final stages of designing wedding invitations for friend in polish and spanish. No, I don't speak a word of polish and solo un poquito espanol. Do you know how hard it is to find a nice font with polish characters?

Here's a photo from earlier this spring

PS the electronic door alarms in my office building have been beeping all morning. Apparently they have been beeping since Friday afternoon and no one has come to fix them yet. Hmm, I have a hammer in my desk....

Thumbnail by Katlian
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Lovely iris, Katlian.

I would have used that hammer by now, were it me. If I didn't have a hammer, I would use something else. Anything else. Sheesh.

DJ, sounds like a plan! Good luck with it...... and I have to agree with Paja there, the garden pix you've shared show some really nice stuff going on already. ;-)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Kyla and Katlian great photos. Love those iris, Katlian, even if they are the Dutch type. Don't know if I have ever seen an ugly iris.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Skellog I am on year 7 in my garden although the first year I just pruned trees and shrubs and poked sticks in the weed patches where I thought there was somethingsomethings. The 5 trees are: mugo pine in the forground with a weeping carragana on the right and blue spruce behind it. On the far right is a mountain ash and at the top back of the photo is the white ash. Kaitlan we have ripped out ALOT of grass to make beds. I took some long shots this weekend as we had to move all the construction stuff for our reunion party. I will post pics tonight. ps I hope you whacked the security buzzer with the hammer. Kyla I LUV the NOID DL.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Katlian, I'm envious. I tried Dutch irises, but no go.
The daylily, Kyla, WOW.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yeah, that one was a real prize. Three of the five I got have bloomed, but the other two I may have to wait til next year to see who they are.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes I forgot to mention it, but that is a very nice daylily.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I hope to get a better shot of this glad, which opened this morning:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I luv 'neon' glads! Mine aren't even showing bud bumps yet sigh.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Wow, Kyla. Not only are you a gardener par excellence, you are a photographer par excellence -- in no time at all!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, thanks. I am having fun with it.

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

These are a bit better images of the star of the day, I think.

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

....with a surprise guest appearance:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Really lovely gladiola pictures.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Well, it is not obvious, but if you click that last one and look at the very bottom you'll see the surprise.

Took me by surprise, anyway.

;-)

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Kyla your photos are getting better and better. I see the hummer in that last one. I think that is the closest that I ever saw a hummer! I want to try some Gladiolas one day. They make great cut flowers too. I used to see them growing in fields in the boonies in IL. I'm trying to grow a species glad. It is dormant now... http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/59879/

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

New stuff. Newbie

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm luving the cosmos and hope they self seed

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

NOID cactus dahlia taken in too much sun but who cares? ^_^

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Can we ever have too many lilys?

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Really!

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

'Sunshine' dahlia.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Pluto! I think glads are pretty easy..... just give them bone meal or something like that and keep them watered.....

Hummers are not really very shy but this one is just right there, had several close encounters.

Dahlia, that is a lovely cosmos! And other stuff too of course. ;-)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Another lily that I inherited with the house

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Whoo Hoo the DLs finally forgave me. I call this 'Peach Pam' cuz my dear friend Pam gave it too me and I have no clue what it is.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

'Centerfold' Note how it bled in the rain. How funky weird is that!

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm so luving this one. I think it's 'Grande Paridisio' but more later when I find the tag (ok this CAN happen when you lose your mind and put in manyful at the same time snorkle)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ok forgot the pic

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Newbie lookin like a hottie

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hosta flowers. Here Helio, here little hummers. Helio luvs hosta flowers ^_^

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Prettiful diathus in the wildflower bed

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

My cosmos aren't blooming yet, and since it's their first year, I don't know what they will look like, but I sure hope that they will be as pretty as yours! Love that one!

Thumbnail by skellogg
Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Wow, skellogg and Kyla have the best views from their homes! I live relatively close to the hills but can only see them if I am on a main thoroughfare. We have lots of mature trees that keep me from seeing them.

I am still waiting for hummers to find my garden.

Dnut, those are some cool blooms you got going on! Love the lilies and dahlias. Can you please supply the ids for the cosmos and dianthus?

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

That is a very cool dianthus - and all the lilies are Beautiful!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Maybe that's my cue to start a Mt Shasta thread.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.