Flower Pix and Pixies All.... #5 maybe?

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Sundance Mountain is out my front yard, only about 1/2 mile away, but it is only about 5800 ft., hardly compares to Mt Shasta! My view would be much better if I didn't have a junky mobile home park across the street! LOL! Fortunately it doesn't block my view of the mountain! A Mt Stasta thread would be cool! Pix of all four seasons please! : )

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh, how cute. He (or she) just snuck in there.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yup, Paj, that's what she did, just snuck on in there. ;-)

Skellogg, I have a trailer park across the street too, but heck, that's what zooooooooooooms are for. ;-)

Here's the thread:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1023449/

but I don't have more pictures yet as just got the camera! We will have to wait for the seasons to unfold. Perhaps I will post an unzoomed one complete with mobile homes in the foreground, I know I have one around somewhere, lol!

Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Okay, well I own the RV Park in my backyard... so apparently several of us are surrounded by trailers, LOL!

DN, your flowers are beautiful! My cosmos aren't blooming yet either... waiting in anticipation. No, you can't have too many lilies. And my dahlias are blooming beautifully right now, and I MUST take some pics tomorrow!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

There are two trailers across the street here. The closest one is very nice with a fenced yard, a spacious porch and awning, and the sweetest dog.... the owners do a nice job with the dog and though they are not gardeners their place looks like a home.

The other one, further back, they have to drive over the brush to get to it, it seems to be occupied by a bunch of guys who like to grind their offroad trikes and bikes all over the place at odd times, it is colored a kind of off-yellow, and, at night, the glow of a television can be seen through the uncurtained but blessedly far away window.......

Brenda, I feel sure if you own it, it is well treated.

;-)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

WOWSER great view skellog!!! Cosmos are 'Candy Striped' from AB Nurserys (Bow Seed) but T&M carries them too. I like that mix cuz each flower is different. The dianthus came in a wildflower seed mix that I direct sowed a few years ago. It blooms on the north side of the mountain ash as well as the south.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Lovely views, skellog, and your hillside is attractive if hard to mow. Dnut I am crazy about dahlia Sunshine and about that dianthus. Love all the lilies. You may be influencing me to order more, bad girl. That's why I like you.
Here is my Hydrangea Annabelle. It got really beaten up by hail when it was just ready to bloom this spring and the buds were shredded, but here it is with new blooms and looking very good. I tried to get a photo of the whole plant but the automatic adjuster always overexposes it. This is why I need a camera like roybird's that one can adjust. But I am too lazy to learn to use it just now. Maybe someday.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Very prettyful paj.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Ah, the delights of lazy photography! Paj that is a lovely hydrangea!

I have three pictures from this morning to share. First is a newly opened white glad. I could have gotten a bit of a better shot if I did not have to find an angle that did not include the landlord's car! But this turned out nice I think.

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

These are two very different sunflowers!

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

And this is the one that just opened for the first time this morning.

These are all from mixes I sowed, most of which did not survive, so it's quite fun seeing which ones did!

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Oh, lovely sunflowers.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Ooooh. The white glad, so pure.
Ommm. The dianthus has a yin-yang curlicue through the center.

Santa Fe, NM

Beautiful sunflower pic, Kyla!

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Love that sunny-yellow sunflower, Kyla! Here's one I planted from some really old seed I saved from some RED sunflowers that looked nothing like this :o)! I have a couple others too from the same batch of seeds and they are also different.

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

balloon flower

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Crazy daisy

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

This is the side of my deck with the veggie garden in the background - including that dark sunflower.

Thumbnail by lisabees
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Nice looking chard you got going there! And all beautiful..........

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Love your unique hybrid sunflower, Lisabees, maybe you should start trying to select from its seeds to see if you can get it to breed true. You could breed sunflower Lisabees! Also love the crazy daisy and the balloon flowers -- baloon flowers are my down fall. So far I have never gotten them to last long for me. And too bad because they use them in Korean cooking -- the roots I think.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

The chard is a new thing for me this year & I am truly amazed it still looks so good since it's supposed to be cool season veg. It got mashed in the hailstorm back in early June when it was one of the few veggies up & going & now its the healthiest looking thing out there!

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

In fact it keeps wanting to smother this pepper plant.

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Some more flowers: Helenium

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Geranium 'Rozanne'

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Rudbeckia 'Goldsturm'

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Dragon's Blood Sedum

Thumbnail by lisabees
Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

'Vermilion Bluffs' Mexican sage

Thumbnail by lisabees
Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Nice photos guys. That chard looks beautiful and delicious too.

Thumbnail by plutodrive
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Pretty!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Beautitul photos lisabees and plutodrive. Lisabees that photo of the Vermillion sage is outstanding!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Luvly pics! Lisabees does your Rozanne always bloom this late?

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

I only planted Rozanne last fall, but it has been blooming for at least a month now,

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Officially entered in the Great Book of Lists. Thanks lisabees.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Working on my macro skills, still have a ways to go......

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

This one came out a bit better...... but I was sorry the first I tried for, of a tiny spider on a glad bud, did not take for some reason.... no image in there, oh well. Spidie ran away after first try, too. :-(

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Lookie I made a spider ^_^ We had rain for a bit (sorry to those who need it :( ) and there was floppage

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Floppage... there, I just added it to my dictionary. It's a particularly nice word when pronounced with a French accent. We've had major floppage here with the Russian sage!

I cannot believe this wet weather. This is the kind of climate change I've been waiting for... I may not have to move after all. Yesterday's thunderstorm was smack on top of us for quite a while, so the Piperdog and I got comfy on the rubber mattress and hung out listening to all the crashing and cracking.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well PLEASE don't move til after I visit dear Picane! Flop-aje is how I say it with the stress on the 'aje'.

Santa Fe, NM

Nice macro shots, Kyla. Macro can be tricky. Floppage is a good descriptive word. Speaking of storms, Picante...this isn't a flower, but...Last night in the 'hood we had an amazing rainbow. It was double at first. People dining at the restaurant came out and sang, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". It was quite an event!

Thumbnail by roybird
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, yum. Thanks for telling bout the singing too, Roybird, that is some special song anyway.

Dahlia, lovely spider! ;-) And yes, Floppage is indeed an excellent technical gardening term. Too bad it begins with That Letter.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.