Flower Pix and Pixies All.... #5 maybe?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Just showing off my new bed

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well you see it doesn't pay to have a poofy head cuz then you mixx the pic and look like a weiner.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Nasties are crawling instead of climbing but I LIKE it.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

For Picante. The Gold doing it's thing.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

To be honest I don't think it's very drought tolerant. It's not thriving.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thriving in my garden for comparison.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Long shot with DH in the background contemplating patio stones. He is personally picking each stone and breaking it to fit. I luv it. As long as he's having way too much fun doing it I don't care that the patio might not be built in our lifetime ^_^

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Italian flat leaf parsley in flower

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Brachyome, cermthe, butter crunch lettece and sneaky parsley

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Oops the pic

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Calla lily seed pods forming. These will all go to Birdies the Bulbous Queen.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

"O Dahlia sorry but I just upchucked on the hardwood." Good beluved crazy ole cat. Much better to upchuck than funk up your insides. Gotta luv the crazy ole cat for ending us on a reality note.

Thumbnail by dahlianut
Santa Fe, NM

Cancun and Monte Negro lilies are my fav's! And your lilies are quite something. Absolutely gorgeous garden, Dahlia! Applause!

Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

A red daylily

Thumbnail by edder
Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

Sempervivum Green Wheel - Hen & Chicks

Thumbnail by edder
Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

Sunsugar Cherry Tomato

Thumbnail by edder
Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

Tango Lily - Honey Bee

Thumbnail by edder
Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

Tango Lily - Cappuccino

Thumbnail by edder
Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

One of my containers this season. Caliente Dark Red (I believe), Juncus Blue Arrows, Heuchera and a succulent variety

Thumbnail by edder
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Luv the Tangos edder.

Centennial, CO(Zone 5a)

Beautiful lilies and great combos as usual, Dahlia!

Edder, love the red daylily & pretty maters!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I just ventured out to fill the "water feature" bird bowl...... and observed for the first time what a chocolate plant flower looks like, opening.

Oh wow. Not only is the center one of those marvels of natural geometry, the petals, before they open to their yellow surface, are swirled in spirals of creamy yellow and chocolate-colored deep maroon. I am so glad I caught that moment. One day I'll catch a photo, too.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Hi, Edder! Have we met? I'm just on the other side of the divide.

Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

Well...not specificaly....I see you around these parts on occasion. I kind of hang on the fringes and chime in when I feel the need to.

Thumbnail by edder
Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

This was supposedly Big Smile...however, this is definetly not what it is...it's a pleasant surprise as I really like the texture of its coloring and such...

Ed

Thumbnail by edder
Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

Echinacea Tomato Soup...

Thumbnail by edder
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

All very beautiful pics, everyone!!! Here is a giant hibiscus that we added recently, the blooms are about 4 - 5" across, and it stands about 7 feet tall (so far!).

Thumbnail by bsavage
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

One of my clematis, about a week and a half ago... just loaded with buds!

Thumbnail by bsavage
Santa Fe, NM

Pretty, pretty flowers! Where is the cold beer, Brenda? A dahlia up close.

Thumbnail by roybird
Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Brenda, the clematis-fuchsia combo is dynamite!
Love the not-big-smile lily, Edder. And you in a sea of green!
Roybird, that is one stupendous photo.
Morning glory bud.

Thumbnail by picante
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Fantastic dahlia and WOW to the mg bud!!

p.s. the cold beer is (usually) in the shade garden!

Santa Fe, NM

But, of course. As it should be.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Gorgeous flowers, all! I just discovered this thread and am thrilled with the flowers in all of your gardens -- begonias, morning glories, echinacea, clematis, dahlia and tons more! The glories of summer!

Santa Fe, NM

Yes, it is so wonderful to see all the gardens! The variety of flowers. I love that our bloom times vary because of our altitudes and so forth. I need to unload some more pictures, I think.

Thumbnail by roybird
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Cactus-flowered Zinnia, taken with my brand new camera!

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Dolores, CO(Zone 5b)

Ohhh, pretty!!!!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Beautiful everyone!

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Everyone has such pretty yards and gardens! I am curious as to how long it has taken to establish them? As a relative newbie, (both on DG and at home) I am so anxious to get mine established to that point! We bought this house 3 years ago, so am still putting in beds and landscaping and trying to get it beautiful like all of yours!
Dahlianut, I'm still trying to figure out your 5 trees, LOL! I see the blue spruce, the mountain ash, maybe a mugo pine of some kind?, and a honeysuckle?, but the 5th tree, maybe behind the blue spruce? I know one thing, if I ever get to your part of the country, I am definately letting you know. I want a tour! Roybird, next time I go thru Santa Fe on business, I am going to plan on time to visit your oasis as well! LOL! So jealous here, and just hoping that eventually my yard will be as lush and pretty as all of yours.

I envious as well. This is my 8th summer in this house and my yard is still a disastrous pile of dirt and weeds that needs serious regrading.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Your slope is truly a challenge, DJ, and one I doubt lasagna methods could solve.... did you decide finally to terrace? That is such a gigantic amount of work but honestly I think it is what I would do, unless I decided to ignore the whole thing completely. ;-)

Hillsides and slopes are just darn hard to garden, period. Been there done that.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.