Garden Pics: Wish You Could See What I See...... #6

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

thread for just about anything that is going on in your garden, or whatever plants you felt like taking pictures of!! I hope that everyone joins in from anywhere, since we're all Northwest of somewhere!

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/988870/

Starting it off with delphs again!

Thumbnail by redchic01

another one.

Thumbnail by redchic01

rhody

Thumbnail by redchic01

a different one.

Thumbnail by redchic01

my Lem's Cameo. It's paying me back for pruning it heavily last year by not blooming much.

Thumbnail by redchic01
(Judi)Portland, OR

Love the blue delphs

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread, RC.
Hope your Lem's Cameo recovers quickly. Imagine you drooled to see RJ's this year. She won't admit that it wasn't quite that glorious last year.

Love the delphiniums, must remember to put them on my "want" list for the Round Up. They do actually do well in the EWA garden.

Speaking of the EWA garden, the mystery picture fooled you just like it fooled me the first time I viewed it. It is actually a dogwood bush, can't remember if it is red bark or not, but don't think so. Over there, with the heat and the watering system it needs to be pruned often and is layering like crazy. The quail usually nest underneat it also. As I said before, I will have starts to dig if anyone speaks up for them.

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl

One more pic and then off to work my ____ off in the yard again today.

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl

Thanks Judi and Sharon

Sharon... dogwood would've been my second guess, for some reason I was thinking we're going to see a little bit broader picture before the answer! you know.... to drag the agony out longer! that's a very pretty bush of it though! My Lem's is doing great, thanks for the well wishes! I think it's a personality thing. That Rhody has a quite a story and a lot of personality of it's own. I think that it's just getting back at me is all. lol

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Red Osier Dogwood?

wow.... where is everyone today?

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Red...here I am..been busy with this and that. Your delphiniums are lovely and of course your rhodies are fantastic. You have such variety and I think you have all the colors covered!

This is a Rhodie I saw at Schreiners Iris's yesterday in their display garden. It was beautiful along with everthing else in the garden. Have you been there? Not sure where you are in the Willamette Valley but worth the drive!

This message was edited May 24, 2009 8:58 PM

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This a bud from my Josephs robe or is it Josephs coat rose. I always get the name mixed up. Either way it is a very pretty rose.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Clematis Crystal Fountain bloom

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This is another rhodie at Schreiners. It is wonderful. Of course these did not have name markers as they are selling Bearded iris..not rhodies.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Columbine was all over the place in every color of the rainbow!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

some blue ones..

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Here is one partial view of the garden .The Iris's were stunning and the Lupines we amazing.

Thumbnail by BeaHive

Willow, don't know as I inherited the dogwood with the house. Taking my mom home from dinner this evening I happened to spot that she has a lovely variegated dogwood in her yard. Will be down there soon to take a few cuttings. Lovely this time of year.

Bea, absolutely love that purple rhodie. Too bad about the lack of names.
We keep meaning to get to Schreiners but the time of year is just not right for us to take a three hour trip. I have some dear freinds who just bought a new house in the Portland area and they are anxious for me to come visit. When I figure out just which suburb it is I will tell people and will also keep everyone posted on when I might get down that direction.

Wow, those lupines are outrageous. I have started a few in amongst one of my iris beds but it will be a while before they put up even a small show. I haven't helped them along so well, either, as the bed is shaded part of the day (just like every other bed in my forested property).

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Let me know if you get down this way. Silverton is about a 45 min drive from Portland. We have the Oregon gardens here which are lovely now and I image they will be this summer. Last summer the zinnias were outrageous. Schreiners is worth the drive if you can find the time in the next week or so. If not next spring. It was my first visit there and it won't be my last. It is breathtaking!

Foxgloves by my side front gate.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This iris is in my yard by the arbor which leads to my side yard. This iris is a purple/blue hue but photgraphed blue. Anyone know the secret to photographing purples?

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

These were pretty today. Can't remember if they are Spireia or something else. Its madning keeping track of all the plant ID's!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

They look like Wiegela . . . beautiful pictures. My brain can't really process all the Lupines in that picture.

I'm glad that folks are showing up here. I guess that means that it was a good day outside.

Thanks Bea! Yes, I have quite a few different colors of rhody's. But, actually not a lot of them, just enough to cover the color spectrum lol. I have been to Schreiners, but I want need to go back. The first time that I went I was really to young to appreciate it. My mom "drug us there" when we were teenagers. Now I want to stop by there. Lovely pics. Of course I love the peachy rhody!

This message was edited May 24, 2009 10:51 PM

you nailed it Katie!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Been outside all day both days - and went to a crazy party at my neighbors' last night. And more time to play tomorrow. Yippeee.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

I found a froggie today..I'll try and get pictures up tomorrow!

Ginger

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Wiegela..Wiegela..Wiegela..if I say enough times do ya think it will stick in my brain! Thanks Kathy!
I tried to talk my 17 year old to going back to Schreiners with me today..Ha! She does not share my love of gardening and I have dragged her and her sister to the Oregon gardens many times already in the short time we have lived in OR. She does love it when I cut flowers for her room. Go figure!

These water lily leaves (pads) are very interesting.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Just too much to do/think about when you're 17. I'm sure you've "planted the seeds" of interest and they'll hit her when she's older.

No need to remember Wiegela, there will be someone around who will know. BTW, correct German rules of pronunciation would make this "VEE-guh-luh", but I keep hearing it pronounced "wy-JEE-luh". Which is correct? Anybody have the low down on this?

Love the Waterlilies Bea. The fact that your daughters went with you to the gardens shows that there's hope!

Katie, I agree with you completely on the teenage philosophy! I believe the second pronounciation is correct........ here!

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

I hope some of this will rub off on them. My Grandmother had beautiful gardens and by just spending time with her as she maintained hers, I learned so much from her without even knowing I was learning.
How would you pronounce Wiegela with a french accent! My Grandma had her own little version of english sometimes. It was funny! The older she got the more she would revert back to french. When she reached her 90's it was mostly all french. I just shook my head in agreement with her and most of the time I had no clue what she was saying. Sure wish My Dad spoke French to us when we were growing up! 1 year of HS french and I gave up. It is a difficult language. Spanish was so much easier.

Your grandmother sounds like a very interesting person and a great teacher. She made it interesting so that you'd learn it! I agree, spanish was much easier for me too! No clue how to say that with a french accent.

A few from the other day.

Thumbnail by redchic01

a close up

Thumbnail by redchic01

my favorite azalea!

Thumbnail by redchic01

columbine

Thumbnail by redchic01

again

Thumbnail by redchic01
Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

after Christian Ehrenfried von Weigel, a German botanist: vie' ge la

I think that I'll call this it for now. I'm sure others have fun things to show from outside today!

Thumbnail by redchic01

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.