Spring Show your pic's ...#2

Brownstown, IN(Zone 5b)

Here's one I like, note the potential maple trees I have my work cut out for me.
I'm going to take this one again when the alchemilla mollis blooms.

Thumbnail by Indygardengal
Brownstown, IN(Zone 5b)

A branch of my Korean Lilac

Brownstown, IN(Zone 5b)

My first clematis bloom

Brownstown, IN(Zone 5b)

I ws'd this huechera last year from seed I collected off my Firefly plant. Some folks thought it would not be like the parent but as far as I can tell it is.

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

cactuspatch,Things are not real pretty here,we are having the coldest wet windy spring.Havent been able to spend much time at all in the gardens,reallllyyy behind.As for my new camera I just need to read the book !!! its a panisonic lumix 10 x op, it hasent been nice enough to take pictures !!!!

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Indynanny, I am glad you posted the alchemilla mollis - I've always known it as Lady's Mantle. I have several of these at the front of the border bed.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

The iris are putting on a show in my garden this week!

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

"Coral Charm" is the first peony to bloom in my garden this year.

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

leawood, i was thinking of buying coral charm. it looks more pink than coral, does it changes to a lighter color later?

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

It's definitely a 'warm' pink, vs. a 'cool', or blue-based, pink. I'll try to get a photo during mid-day so you can see it when it is open, in brighter light. It's fairly intense when it first opens, but, like most flowers, the color will probably fade after a day or two. This variety was given to me by a garden friend three years ago. Last year it only had one bloom, so I don't have a lot of experience with it.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

huggergirl that photo is lovely! And yes, definitely read the manual it is the most important thing to do with any new "toy". I usually keep the manuals by my chair to read every night when I get a new camera or lens. It is amazing how much you can learn by reading and rereading. ; )

Lovely iris. I have yellow and peach ones blooming now, getting close to the end of the iris here.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Here's a photo taken at 11:30 am today - we have a storm brewing and it's windy, so I held on to the stem to keep it from blurring the pic. Depending upon your monitor (color correctness and balance), this should be a warm coral color.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

It is that color on my monitor, and SO Beautiful!

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

More iris...

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

thanks leawood. It does look coral from your photo today. And it looks big too... very nice, I think I will order one. The other one I want is Hawaiian coral or something like that....

Brownstown, IN(Zone 5b)

Lovely beds Lea and Hugger. All the pics on this thread have been keeping me in the gardening spirit however tired I am at the end of the day.
Lea I had a brain freeze when I posted the alchemilla mollis and could think of neither name for a few. Kind of scares me. I was so thankful when alchemilla came into the brain......

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Alstromeria

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Here is a poppy wearing a hat this morning!

This message was edited May 15, 2009 6:17 PM

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Those 2 photos are great. I love that poppy closeup! I used to have alstromeria but I don't think it came back this spring.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This iris bloomed today in our sunshine....yes folks we had sunshine! Yeah!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This is a first bloom for this one. It is very delicate and simple unlike the fancy one I posted above.
Of course I love it!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Love those last two iris!
I have another new one, an tiny little bloom named Victorine, a historic iris from 1840.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

Leawood-
that coral peony is simpy delicious-so tropical and fruity in color! I wish I had more room..iris and peony are two things I dearly love and want, but just can seem to find a good place in our yard for. I also love that zingy spiderwort.

Bea-I was so inspired your 'jack frost' brunnera and it's sea of little blue blooms in the last thread (and over in bulbs) I picked up two at our local botanical garden's plant sale. Then, last week a coworker brought in two little starts of regular-leafed brunnera from her patch.

Calif_sue..
Ah..zone-evny time! I love alstromeria..I will pass carnations and roses by to pick bouquets of it when buying cut flowers...I just think they look so exotic and don't have that sickly-sweet smell like lilies. The tawny colors of yours make me think of cheetah or a leopard-nice!

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Lovely iris. I meant to add this photo a few days ago, more iris and sea thrift by my back porch.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

And have to share this one of Indy as she hides out in the larkspur. This area is near a hummingbird feeder and she loves watching the hummers.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

That's a beautiful pic of Indy - her eyes match the flowers! As I was taking pics yesterday one of my garden sentries - Jake - got into the pic. He and his team mate, Ruby, have kept the rabbits and squirrels at bay in my garden this year.

Brownstown, IN(Zone 5b)

Cactuspatch I was wondering where you got a picture of me..
Very nice shot....

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Sue. What a lovely iris. How tiny is Victorine? Short or the bloom is tiny? What program do you use to sign and date your pictures? I need something like that!

Artemiss. Congratulations on you brunneras. You will love them! One of my favorite plants in my garden. They give the effect of forget me nots with out all the mess.

Catus..beautiful flowers as usual! Your kitty's eyes match the larkspur!

I think my cats love the garden as much as i do,as do yours,Indy is beautiful.

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Darling picture. What a cute Kitty!

My daughter and her Kitty came for Mothers day. They enjoyed looking at the Koi in the pond.

Thumbnail by BeaHive

Beahive,aawww,dont ya love em,looks like you are one busy woman,do i see a greenhouse,luckygirl!!!!

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Hugger girl. Cute pic of your kitties. Are they siblings, twins? Too cute! No I do not have a greenhouse. Sure wish I do, but do not have room for one here. Next house I will have it all! (I hope!)

I posted the wrong picture. My daugther would die..no make up and still in her pj's! Still wearing her Pj's but this pic is better of the pond area and my deck which serves as potting area during our rainy days.The cat liked seeing the fish, but was fearful of the water.

Thumbnail by BeaHive

Beahive,I wont tell her !!! nice coi pond,heres a picture of our pond !!! we call it the swamp !!! we live on the rim of a bowl ,we get a lot of runoff water,it comes to us and we have a ditch that runs through a small ravine,it will dry completely up by mid summer. my kitties are not related.

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Everyones pics are wonderful.

Here are just a few of mine. I'm not able to get out and do any weeding as I just had sinus surgery and before the surgery the Dr said no outside work....

If anyone knows the name of this plant please speak up as the squirrels had a ball with taking my tags. I just love this plant so beautiful.

My garden is in its second year.

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

huggergirl:

I have a low spot that gets all the run off from our next door neighbor and it drives me nuts. Can't run drainage ditches to the front as the city won't clean out the front drain area so why pay 4,000 dollar to run lines when all it will do is clog up... so for now I'm working on a bog/marsh area, ours is somewhat dry now but the rains haven't started up yet.... we are dry for this time of the year. I sure wish mine was at the back of the property instead of in the middle where I have to cross it everyday when I take the dogs out to the fenced area of the yard.

bog/marsh area

anyone have any ideas for what to do with the grass area, as I really don't want to be hand pulling all summer. I don't know what to put down in between the plants.

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

here are a few plants that I have in the area now.

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

don't know what happened to the last one I'll try it again.

Native plants that like wet areas.

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

here are a few from the front yard.... please over look the work in progress area....

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

all of the plants in the previous picture came from just a very small plant. I have raised beds as the soil is solid clay... So between top soil/sweet peat/leaf humus you can see how the plants loved that combo....

Most of the members in my garden club say it looks like I've been giving some of my steroids to the plants...LOL

This is another area in the back yard that I'm working on. Front part is hostas and now I'm trying to get ferns and jack in the pulpit to grow here. It is a challenge as it isn't very wet in this area for the ferns. I thought I had lost them but 4 of the original 5 ferns came back this year.

Janet

Thumbnail by meadowyck

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.