Spring Show your pic's ...#2

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Purple wallflowers

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Muscari & pink forget me nots.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

BeaHive, I always wondered what wallflowers looked like. They are so pretty!

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Love the pics! So full of 'springtime' and a joy to look at! Wish I could get forget me nots and wall flowers to grow here. They are so cute as fillers around the bulbs but for some reason I always have 'crop fairlure' on them.

And your irises are stunning. Such interesting flowers, and Beahive, your white and violet one looks like the one so famous from Monet's garden, doesn't it? I have a similar one and I can't remember the name, either.

I've got a few more things blooming today so I can't wait to get out and get some more pics. Isn't springtime fun?!

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

It's Iris time, and my garden is in it's glory! I love the look of this bronze NoID next to the Japanese maple (all my labels have faded - I don't know then name of anything older than 1 year - talk about lazy gardeners!).

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful Iris despite being a NOID. Most of mine have become NOIDS also. Oh well, I still love them anyway!

This one was very pretty as few days ago. Need to get out this morning and see what is blooming today.

Happy Mothers Day!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

One I added last summer - however the bloom doesn't match the description of any I bought... hmmmm - photo error - sorry.

This message was edited May 10, 2009 11:19 AM

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Let's try this again... I've decided this is "Beverly Sills" - I've tried to grow this several times in the past and not been able to keep it.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

That is just beautiful!

Goldfinches haveing their sunday brunch!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Baby blue eyes!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

More jumbo pansies.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Columbine

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Lilacs finally bloomed.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Noid BI. Very short ...

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Now I don't feel so bad about forgetting all the names of my iris. I have a med. purple BT one blooming now. My fairy rose is finally blooming as the other roses are dropping their spring flush petals.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

cactus. those are beautiful roses. I am finding buds on my roses finally.Can't wait for some blooms here!
I like my Noid ID sytem... Less to remember! LOL!

First bloom this year on my Boubon clematis. It is sooooo pretty!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

My clematis seems to be done blooming for a bit. This is a rose Sorbet Bouquet

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

cactus...2009 photo contest !! That is just a beautiful rose and picture. The colors are amazing. I am going to cry!! Good tears...

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Back at ya--that is a great shot of the lupine? I have purple salvia planted amongst my roses. No shots of them.

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Wow Cactus, that rose doesn't even look real. It's so beautiful.

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Thanks, I have been practicing with my new macro lens to get that kind of detail. Of course I have Mother Nature to thank for the rose! These are some of the larkspur that reseeded in front of the rose bush that grew the rose in the closeup.

This message was edited May 11, 2009 3:23 PM

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Daylilies, Stella de Oros blooming now, more daylilies to come.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

cactuspatch and beahive,you guys are making me crazy,OMG,your flowers are sooo beautiful,we are still waiting ,i have a few bloomers ,but your gardens are full right now ,i think iam going to move west,south or north ???Annnddd cactus i got a new digital camera 10 X optical,thinking oh i have have my trusty nikon w/macro lens ,why do I need a fancy slr digital ,isee now iam going to regret it ,well maybe not I do have that accident replacement warranty !!!! Iam a camera bug,it hangs around my neck,dh says what are you doin, iam taking pictures of my flowers,close up of coarse. Iam going to get some shots later today.allthough my shots wont hold a candle to yours,beautiful work.Tamara

Thumbnail by huggergirl
North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

All my irises are in blooms right now.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

Roof Iris - these grow on the roof in Japan.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

I found 2 of these containers at a craft store and decided to use it as a hanging planter in front of my garage windows. I had some yellow poppies in there and some red flowers but they have died out already.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci

peonies by mailbox. Too heavy from the rain.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

huggergirl..nice picture of the Sunflower. It is a good example of flower proliferation! Very interesting as I have never seen it on a sunflower.

lilli ..very nice iris. I like the pictotee on your petunias.The peonie are beautiful!

Here is a nice Bearded Iris hanging out by my front fence.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Lewisia- Little Plum

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

A little of this and a little of that.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Our azaleas are in full bloom . . .

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

more

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

by our pool

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

these are a bit tight . . .

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

front of our house

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

okay this isn't an azalea, but I think rhodies are in the azalea family . . .

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

by our patio and in a raised bed

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

some pink ones

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

dogwood with an azalea

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

One more azalea picture