Spring Show your pic's ...#2

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

pgt. All are beautiful!

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

pgt~~what a beautiful azalea/rodie collection! Your spring garden is so beautiful!

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Beehive, those spreading petunias are doing very well in my window baskets.

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Pgt, your azaleas and rhododendrons are gorgeous. Living one zone warmer seems to make all the difference (i.e. St. Louis v. Kansas City). Sure, we grow azaleas and rhododendrons in zone 5b, but we're limited in the varieties we can grow and have to be careful where we situate them (no sun in the winter!).

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

European ginger a garden friend gave me last year.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

I was at Annie's Annuals on Sunday and figured these shots would fit here.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

California Poppy 'Apricot Chiffon'

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

Rose Golden Celebration & a tall Columbine 'Yellow Queen' on the right

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

Nemophila menziesii > Baby Blue Eyes

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

Love those Baby Blue Eyes!

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

And related to it, Nemophila maculata> Five Spot

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Sue, I have Nemophila maculata from Annies. Here is a close up of these sweet little flowers.

This message was edited May 12, 2009 5:11 PM

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Also bought the baby blue eyes. They are the prettiest shade of blue.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

pgt, your azaleas are glorious!

Sue, beautiful shots from Annies Annuals!

This blue on blue combination has been making me happy this spring- the first blooms for both the iris and the columbine! The big mock orange behind them is starting to open now- I hope it catches up, I'd like to see them together.

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

This bed is finally getting colorful with Dianthus, Clematis, Roses, and Saponaria.

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

The butterfly garden is waking up nicely too! I've been digging out the Irises that don't have blooms- they multiplied really fast! I needed the space there for Dahlias to keep those Lilies company :-)

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Another angle of the pink bed.

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Loving the hardy geraniums and dianthus right now!

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

Spiderwort - new in my garden this spring. I bought a couple because I loved the chartreuse foliage and 'spikey' look - the bright blue flowers are a bonus!

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

The iris are putting on a great show!

Leawood, what a beautiful walking path. What do you have in that large standing container in the background?

Lea, love your old trees in the background too. Such character for your garden!

Gem, you really have such a range of plants in your garden! I can hardly believe that it's just 2 (?) years old! Can't wait to see more shots of the butterfly garden this summer!

CalifSue, thanks for the shots from Annie's A. Always a boost to see her bright colors and fun collection and energetic presentations. Did you buy anything??!

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

I planted the two large urns with topiary brugmansia (cuttings I took from the plants I had there last year). I put in stakes to secure them against the wind until they form a large enough root base to 'hold on' during the spring storms. As you can see, they are tall enough that I need a ladder to plant them.

New Braunfels, TX(Zone 8b)

Lot's of great pics! I am enjoying my virtual garden tours. Neal, it's neat to see a garden where some of my seeds have come from!

Tonya

I bet it beautiful when it's in bloom. Your garden is so pretty. I went back and looked at some of your other garden photos - very impressive and I saw that sideway photo of your urn with flowers... :)

BeaHive, great shots of both those Nemophila, I need to get my macro lens out to try and get a close shot of those sweet blooms.
tabasco, but of course, no one can go to Annies without buying but I limited myself to only 5 plants this time, I already have too many from my visit in March and again in April.

I am happy with this current combo, Orlaya grandiflora “Minoan Lace” http://www.anniesannuals.com/plants/plant_display.asp?prodid=1261&account=none
and Mimulus aurantiacus ‘Pt. Molate’ http://www.anniesannuals.com/plants/plant_display.asp?prodid=2916&account=none

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks sue. There is a lot going on in such a tiny flower!

Leawood & gemini.. beautiful postings today!

This noid iris was stunning this am.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

cactuspatch.. Everytime I scroll down to the bottom of this trhread , i stop an look again at your Sorbet Bouquet. Gosh..it is so pretty. Found spittle bugs on most of my roses in the fron yard today. Those darn things!! Last year they attacked my strawberries..this year the roses. Why can't they do their thing on weeds!

I think this Iris is called Batik. First bloom of the season!

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This yellow columbine is very soft and pretty.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

This looked cute this morning. This clematis is at the fence behind my pond. Shot the picture by zooming in from the opposite side of the pond. Looks like a big Valentine heart.

Thumbnail by BeaHive
Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

This soft yellow iris opened this morning - I have another that is more intense, but I love the pastel quality of this old variety.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Very pretty Leawood. Your garden looks amazing!

Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Have not had the time to check in and this thread has definitely bloomed with lovely pix!

Sue, I love that apricot chiffon. I have poppies allove the yard but just the regular ones. Gotta be on the lookout for that one.

Huggergirl, you may do just fine with a point and shoot. I do have a Canon SLR but many of the garden shots I take with my little Fugi Finepix. Sometimes it is more how you use it than the camera ; )

More iris and the pink are Sea Thrift.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch
(Lynn) Paris, TX(Zone 7b)

I'm going to have to look into a columbine that will do okay in our heat - that's beautiful.

CP, that poppy color would fit right in your garden!
Annie's Annuals also has some great photos on Flickr of their cottage blooms.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/anniesannuals/

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Sue.. Thanks for the link. I wish I new about Annies when I lived in the bay area! I order from them now and have been very happy with my selections. Looks like a fun place to shop. It has inspired me to get rid of my front lawn (when $$ is available) and keep adding new things. Running out of space now and it is getting depressing! Love to try new things!

Lovely iris! Always a sure sign spring is here!

I have a few Siberians in bloom this week:

Thumbnail by tabasco

This one is quite a regal purple and very striking (of course, it's a no-name!). It blends well with the euphobias.

Thumbnail by tabasco

And another from my Ensata Gardens collection purchased 3 years ago. I think I had about 25 different Sib. Iris from Ensata (too many for me to keep the labels straight). And this is the first year that they are really blooming.

Thumbnail by tabasco
Alamogordo, NM(Zone 7b)

Lovely Tabasco. I have iris that started in March and will have a few that rebloom. I always want them all to rebloom. Thanks for that link Sue, you know how I love looking at flickr photos. I added them as my contact so I can keep up with their additons. ; )

Not particularly "cottagey" but my oleanders started blooming last week. I have a huge white one and 2 this lovely pink. They smell really pretty too--kind of vanilla sugar.

Thumbnail by cactuspatch

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.